• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I... well, that happened.

My condolences go out to everyone who didn't get the characters they wanted (but keep in mind the leaked roster may not have been complete!) Fortunately for me, I've been happy with the roster for the last eight months, and only had two requests. Of those, one's confirmed (R.O.B.) and the other is still a mystery (Mewtwo). Shulk was my third bonus request.

I'm not even going to hate on the clones. They're here for a reason, and there are lots of people who prefer one over the other (I played Dr. Mario over Mario all the time, so I'm super stoked he's coming back!). Rather than hate on the game for not granting our every wish, let's enjoy what we have... and at least wait for the game to come out before passing judgment!

Last edited:

Cpt. Cucumber

Smash Rookie
I must say that although I am mostly excited about the newcomers (Mac, Megaman, Duckhunt duo:awesome:) , I can't help but feel like there's an overabundance of copy/pasting going on. I thought that with no SSE and a much larger development team, that such content would be brought to a minimum.

However from looking at the info so far, it would seem that: Falcondorf is back yet again(that one stings), Toon Link is mostly the same, they added Cloned Mario(?), Cloned Pit, Cloned Marth, and Shulk seems to have some of his moves taken from the other sword wielders. Not to mention the stage select screen seems to be a bit overly packed with old stages.

I hope the leaker is correct when stating that not all characters had been unlocked in the leaked version. The roster could really use some more heavy and/or villain characters(hopefully with unique movesets).

Last edited:

nathanrayman

Smash Cadet
I do like the characters but, it broke Sakurai's heart when the Brawl cutscenes were leaked so he removed them from this game. This leak (if real) must really be hurting him. :/

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
How I see Dark Pit working is that he uses different weapon classes from Uprising, not taking the same as Pit's. Get, how are you even going to do recolors or alt costumes for him?

I have faith that the roster shown isn't final and that the whole clone placement thing is bull**** or worked up in the final release. Ganondorf and Toon Link being with their series doesn't help that claim very much.

As long as I see Mewtwo, Sceptile, and Choir Kids in the final roster (no DLC plox), then this roster's a go.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well that's unfortunate for you. Golden Sun is a valuable piece of nintendo history and sports better smash candidates than 'Another Mario character'.
Smash is a gathering of nintendo icons, not lolmario and others. Your kind couldn't possibly comprehend reason in choosing a roster.
Man if people are getting as salty as this guy is... *whistles* it's going to be a long day once people get out of school/work.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
3 Facts why its a fake.

1. Toon-Link is a clone too. Why isn't he side by side to the other '' clones '' like Darkpit, Lucina or Dr. Mario ???

2. After the victory in the video you can see Yoshi in the home run contest area. Usually you go back to the rooster and NOT in the home run contest area. The source is the same like the fake rooster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1JfkkPw&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ

3. Duck Hunter as a playable character? Come on its a joke o.o. He is just a Dog !

Last edited:

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I'm not sure if it's real or not. I wanna say it's real but I also wanna say wait until something more official comes out. If it is real, I don't like bowser Jr. Mario has 6 different reps. I could've sworn that Sakurai said at one point, there would only be 5 reps a franchise, max.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Man if people are getting as salty as this guy is... *whistles* it's going to be a long day once people get out of school/work.
I'm worked up about Yoshi bro's comment. Not the leak.

joomragre

Smash Cadet
The lack of krystal, dixie kong, kranky kong, and ice climbers is upsetting, but they need to leave some newbies for the next smash bros I guess. Maybe assist trophies for all the characters left behind would be appropriate. Or even Giga Climbers as the ultimate boss fight! Lol

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I do like the characters but, it broke Sakurai's heart when the Brawl cutscenes were leaked so he removed them from this game. This leak (if real) must really be hurting him. :/
I feel so bad for Sakurai if this is real. He can't trust anyone but himself it seems. I am hurting as much as he is right now because I hate this leak with a burning passion...:ohwell:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
He never teased him being a character you people just didn't put the pieces together that he was talking about a stage boss/Hazard. Like seriously he said "there will be other stage bosses" and he shows a shadow of Ridly moving in a scripted way.
Just found out that this isn't the full roster, Ridley will be in. He was teasing him, does his movement in the direct really look like a boss's moving patterns? And how come Pyrosphere, one of the first stages shown off, wasen't at E3, when recently [then] stages like super mario bros U and Colleseum were?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I AM a bit disappointed that this pretty much confirms Dark Pit & Dr. Mario. I like the idea of them being in the game but I wish they were just alternate costumes. BUT, just like every Smash Bros game I've ever played, I know I will be satisfied at the end result. Heck... even if the roster was complete after Robin & Lucina were announced, that would have been more than enough content to satisfy me! This game will be AMAZING!

WwwWario

Smash Ace

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
DAMNIT I really didn't wanna get spoiled but saw these somewhere on tumblr. Nooo... Dr. Mario should just be an alt, its the same guy with different clothes... Oh well, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog'll be fun. I just hope that original leak didn't unlock all the characters I can at least be safe from ruining those surprises...
Whenever I read posts like this it makes me wonder if you never tried more than one fire emblem character. Dr. Mario is about as different as ike, lucina, roy, marth. Robin can stand alone.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
A couple things:
1. The 3DS screens have little to no space between them.
2. Physics look quite similar to Brawl/PM, which makes think its a Brawl/PM mod.
3. Charizard's wings look a little off.
4. Shulk's move set looks extremely similar to Marth's, which makes me again think its a Brawl/PM mod.
5. The name of each of the videos "Leak". Almost like he intentionally planned to make a fake leak.
6. The YouTube user's name "Izat True" is quite suspicious.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
As much as it hurts to say it, the previously leaked rooster might be real (Cheers for hoping King K. Rool was one of the non-unlocked characters and will be playable). My question is why the Hell Dr. Mario (Assuming the rooster is 100% legit) is back? I wasn't a huge Mewtwo fan but even I understand the majority of players wanted him back. Dr. Mario is literally Mario with a different costume, no uniqueness and we're already lacking in villains. I'm not even go into Ridley territory, but...why? Why Sakurai? I also do not understand Duck Hunt Dog, what would he do? Dark Pit? Get that sh*t outta here. I'm not pleased with some of these choices the development team has made. There are more characters deserving to be represented *cough*KingK.Rool*cough*

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Why does that make it fake? And how can the leaker possibly fake the gameplay of Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Ganondorf, and even Charizard as well?
Because after victory you go back to the rooster usually. Not to the Home run contest area. And every could create a wish character. ^^

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Stop jumping at him because he didn't add your dumb Golden Sun character or Ridley. I don't even know what golden sun is.
Most people don't. Im surprised anyone under the age of 30 is requesting a golden sun character to be in smash. I was 22 when playing golden sun(11 years ago). If anyone was a huge household name from the game like little mac or something everyone knew I would expect a golden sun character. I would have loved one but the reality is very unlikely. I'm surprised the thread on here got as far as it did.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Just found out that this isn't the full roster, Ridley will be in. He was teasing him, does his movement in the direct really look like a boss's moving patterns? And how come Pyrosphere, one of the first stages shown off, wasen't at E3, when recently [then] stages like super mario bros U and Colleseum were?
Where is the proof of this?
If they aren't in the ESRB video then he doesn't have the info on the characters. And yes it does look like a boss moving pattern since he is flying in position with a recycled animation with a huge shadow
http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=7m18s

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Well if this turns out to be a fake then I'll never trust any non-official source EVER again.

I mean this looks as real as can be. I kinda feel bad for the people who tried to prove the pics fake (nah I don't. Their fault for not following the #HYPE :D)

Jazzer94

Smash Rookie
NNID
Justinius94
3DS FC
5155-3100-6367
I thought the site had crashed it loaded so slow, man has today been crazy.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If there aren't cross-platform unlocks then I am seriously dissapointed right now... Most of my most wanted characters have turned out as horrible things I don't want and the rest just aren't there... the game play had better be good 'cos the roster's terrible.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Why does that make it fake? And how can the leaker possibly fake the gameplay of Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Ganondorf, and even Charizard as well?
People have done fancier **** than this with brawl mods before

Just look at all the stuff the PMBR has done lately

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I know I'm grasping at straws here, but the videos do not show the human playing as any of the "unannounced" characters. I know it isn't much, but...

And anyway, I realize that there was an event over at SDCC that brought untethered 3DS's to the people in line. It's possible that the leaker, if he isn't who he says he is, made off with the game by blending into the crowd. That's just my theory, though.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I'm extremely disappointed. Dr.Mario really? Ganondorf why are you still a slower Captain Falcon? Jigglypuff?! You must be kidding me.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, at least I'm happy that I'll get to play as bowser jr. Still disappointed about everything else though.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Yes because Falcon has ganons fair utilt side b and up smash. Toon Link clearly has the same usmash bair and dash attack as Link ..... O WAI they're diferent moves.
That doesn't stop them from being clones, good sir. It's one or two changes made to make a clone character slightly different from the original while still having a mostly copy and pasted moveset from their original.

Also I did mention I was whining like a baby right? Cause I just wanted to get out my negativity about it so I can be hyped about Spectator mode. I f'ing love spectator mode.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Can anyone remind me if DLC were part of the leak? Since the roster is more than likely confirmed, I would like to know if IC, Snake, etc are DLC.
the leaker said that he made up the DLC part just to troll, but he claims that everything else he said is 100% legit

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I know I'm grasping at straws here, but the videos do not show the human playing as any of the "unannounced" characters. I know it isn't much, but...

And anyway, I realize that there was an event over at SDCC that brought untethered 3DS's to the people in line. It's possible that the leaker, if he isn't who he says he is, made off with the game by blending into the crowd. That's just my theory, though.
I think Nintendo would've realized one of the copies of the game was missing and found out who stole it via surveillance cameras. Besides, I think the game is digitally downloaded on to the 3DS's that were there, so there's no way someone could simply steal one and walk away that easily.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
And with that, the interwebs exploded. I hope Nintendo can sue the ESRB for any damage this may cause.

Last edited:
Top Bottom