• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The Bowser Jr. Video part of this video is convincing:

However, the Shulk pat of the video does not look that convincing to me for these reasons:

1. Here is the results screen from said video:
    *Notice how static and still Lucina is standing at the results screen, plus there are two victory ribbons (forgot the actual name), where there is regularly only one.
  2. There are no items from SSB4. It would have been more convincing if they had an item from the game.

The main things that convinced me on Bowser Jr. was how he slammed into the screen and that Bowser was using his new moves from SSB4, plus the SSB4 Battle Field stage.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You guys are forgetting that the CSS on the leak looked incomplete. Who knows who is going to fill those spots? #StayPositiveUntilWeGetTheGame
Yeah the DLC characters that were talked about, if there were other unlockable characters there'd be no room for the DLC.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
The Bowser Jr. Video part of this video is convincing:

However, the Shulk pat of the video does not look that convincing to me for these reasons:

1. Here is the results screen from said video:
    *Notice how static and still Lucina is standing at the results screen, plus there are two victory ribbons (forgot the actual name), where there is regularly only one.
  2. There are no items from SSB4. It would have been more convincing if they had an item from the game.

The main things that convinced me on Bowser Jr. was how he slammed into the screen and that Bowser was using his new moves from SSB4, plus the SSB4 Battle Field stage.
it could be hard but bowser jr could be a kirby/Jigglypuff hack.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
NO ****ING ICE CLIMBERS THOUGH/.

JESUS I would be not angry IF they were included (NOW I am hopeing for DLC.......as much as I hate it.)

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I figured Shulk and Bowser Jr. were going to make it in.

I was getting scared Ganon was gonna be left out but unfortunately he's still a heavy C. Falcon

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The way Bowser jr flew into the screen when star KO'd looks really suspicious.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This is SEVERLY dissapointing.

IC's out.
DLC
Dr. Mario back for no reason.
Pitto in INSTEAD of Hades/Medusa.

7 mario characters + 2 if you include wario/yoshi + 7 if you include the KOOPA skins.

casto

Smash Rookie
People do realize that when developing the game they probably don't think "Yes, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones... no room for other characters like Ridley and Skull Kid now." Clones more than likely happen because there is a short development time and offer the chance to add three additional characters to the roster with less work than building a character from scratch.

It's not Sakurai and company being lazy, it's Sakurai and company finding ways to give us the larger roster we're thirsty for while maximizing their development time.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Xenoblade was a good game
Not as good as Metroid or DK, sorry.
This leak is bull****, even if it's true, it's still bull****, Bowser Jr. Gets some boring clown car moveset and we get Dr. Mario!? For real?

I hope the Dixie\Ridley\Mewtwo post-leak is real, if it is, everything is forgiven, even *shudder* Dr. Mario.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I am okay with this!

To clarify things though, I'm pretty sure the DLC portion of the leak was just some random anon lying but got jumbled into the truth just like the MLX stuff.

edit and also I am still hopeful for some other characters but time will tell.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Warning Received
Pretty sure it's real now. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
DAMNIT I really didn't wanna get spoiled but saw these somewhere on tumblr. Nooo... Dr. Mario should just be an alt, its the same guy with different clothes... Oh well, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog'll be fun. I just hope that original leak didn't unlock all the characters I can at least be safe from ruining those surprises...

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
This leak is bull****, even if it's true, it's still bull****, Bowser Jr. Gets some boring clown car moveset and we get Dr. Mario!? For real?

I hope the Dixie\Ridley\Mewtwo post-leak is real, if it is, everything is forgiven, even *shudder* Dr. Mario.
Im with you on that i find it kind of stupid they would go with bowser jr in clown car when his Super Mario Sunshine version would have been better.
Dr. Mario over any new character is bs in my opinion what were they thinking seriously but hey until i see a video that is fake as fake can get.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'm pretty happy with the roster. Some fun new characters and also some clones. I'm not a hater of clones, sometimes I prefer the clone to the original character.

I just hope more people will start to realize that Sakurai and the development team cannot put in 5,000 characters just because every person wants their own favorite character. They decided the roster before even starting development, and it's not like it takes 1 day to make a completely new character. Just like what casto says:

People do realize that when developing the game they probably don't think "Yes, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones... no room for other characters like Ridley and Skull Kid now." Clones more than likely happen because there is a short development time and offer the chance to add three additional characters to the roster with less work than building a character from scratch.

It's not Sakurai and company being lazy, it's Sakurai and company finding ways to give us the larger roster we're thirsty for while maximizing their development time.
All in all, please don't go around screaming that this game is "s***" just because of some character inclusions. The devs have worked their hands to the bone to make this game for us, we shouldn't bite the hand that feeds just because they can't satisfy the millions of people that enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
Who's the guy in the third video of the playlist? (leak6)? He's red and a CPU and has some sorta blue boots at the beginning.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
And people are still in denial even after the footage looking at the YouTube comments. The roster is sooooo good! Only disappointment for me is Ganondorf has the same moves. That's so stupid. Plus ice climbers like wth

Balmora

Smash Rookie
These videos have me convinced that at least some of the leak is real. We'll have to wait and see when footage of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt comes out, though at this point I'd be willing to bet that all of the images in the leak are legitimate. My only questions at this point are if there are more characters to be unlocked and whether or not the information about DLC is real.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
DAMNIT I really didn't wanna get spoiled but saw these somewhere on tumblr. Nooo... Dr. Mario should just be an alt, its the same guy with different clothes... Oh well, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog'll be fun. I just hope that original leak didn't unlock all the characters I can at least be safe from ruining those surprises...
Yes, me too.

I was only prepared for what will happen after Japan gets the game.....not a leak on the net on the IGN boards...........then I came here and it's everwhere now.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I hope to valhalla and everything else that More Unlockables are the......and the DLC is real.

As much As I hate no names under slots........snake returning......or dlc.

ANYTHING for Ice Climbers to be back.

classix410

Smash Cadet
As I'm reading through the comments,I notice a lot of you guys are reaching.
Whoa #TEAMREACH in the building
Come on guys I understand the frustration but you all know you will have a good time on smash 4 .

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings

I hope Mewtwo makes it in too but what's wrong with Bowser Jr? It's a different character. I can't see Ridley making it in though...

I never played Xeno but I heard it was highly successful and a great turn to MUCH needed Nintendo RPG's. Shulk will be a very famous character in Smash and he looks like he's got a solid moveset.

Dr. Mario would be an Alt Costume if he even made it in so I don't see the issue with that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So this one (6 secs) in particular has me scratching my head. Why would the camera zoom to shulk when the player was controlling Lucina?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
If the rest of the leak is going to be true I'm going to be so ecstatic. While King K. Rool and Isaac unfortunately appear to be left out, I still have a majority of the characters I most wanted since Smash 4 was announced as long as the Ninka portion is still true.

Three years ago when Smash was announced, if you told me the roster was going to be more than 44 characters that included the likes of Mega Man, Rosalina, Palutena, Shulk, and possibly Ridley and Mewtwo, I'd call you out on BS and say you were being waaaaay too hopeful.

As far as Dr. Mario and Dark Pit go, I'm totally fine with their inclusion. They are clones, just like Lucina, and did not consume so much development time for all three to boot off a single, unique character.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
As I'm reading through the comments,I notice a lot of you guys are reaching.
Whoa #TEAMREACH in the building
Come on guys I understand the frustration but you all know you will have a good time on smash 4 .
Sorry! I just can't stand how ice climbers are there, I know there will be fun anyway....but still.

Everything else im 100% fine/happy with.

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
Almost exactly 10 seconds into leak 1, you can see a figure in the bottom right hand corner.

This looks to be a person jumping in front of a projection screen.

In other words, I'm not entirely convinced that we're even looking at a physical 3DS screen.

Last edited:

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Disappointed, But I still know this will be an awesome game. Whether or not Silly Dr. Mario is back as a separate character, and Wario's eye is super wonky. (Mario has 7 Reps? :( )

I'm really glad Shulk is in (His down Smash looks the same as Roy's from Project M and his up B looks like Dolphin Slash). and Even if Ganondorf has his brawl moveset (with a few edits, which I saw) I'm okay with this roster, especially since I know that the leaker hadn't unlocked all the characters. I'm excited to see what Dark Pit has to offer.

There are still more that haven't been revealed. and a ton more stuff I can be excited to unlock.

The roster is huge already, and knowing that Classic mode may have some other bosses than master hand at the end, Leaks cannot kill my hype. There's so much that the leaks won't cover, so yeah.

Disappointed, but still optimistic. (although the team that had Ganondorf on it totally lost)

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Wow... Ridley really isn't playable? But hes been teased since almost the beggining...

Top Bottom