• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New update, Hopes crushed

Fawriel

Smash Master

Wha!!? How can you tell all fire emblems battle modes is just I attack you doing one specific waves of the sword depending on class and attack and you do one wave of your sword lance or axe to retaliate how can you tell if she is different from Marth?
She moves differently.

I wish I could elaborate, but it's really hard to explain.

Just... watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfNpTeCVt4&NR=1

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Krystal is a lot more popular on the poll. Lyn was mentioned once I think. Stop whining that she wasn't popular enough. And Lip probably will be an AT.
Oh give him a break. Most likely he wasn't talking about females in general in brawl but a Fire Emblem Female. Lyndis and Mikaya are the only stand-out female FE characters.

-Knight

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

cast man232

Smash Rookie
Does anyone see a 1 hit here? cause it really looks like it,but anyways,j/w. Also,there are probably numerous characters from fire emblem going into brawl,ones that are bigger and better,so just relaz.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I want them to put a Laguz in so bad Mordecai seems kill. but may be the other one i forgot her name

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't count Marth was in the beginning of the Fe series and moved kind of cheesy, but as FE games progressed they made attacks and gameplay more fluent. Be sides Erika is a better pick
The GCN didn't have those limitations, and yet Marth still pretty much failed to do much more than perform simple vertical sword slashes in various directions. It looks like Sakurai is using Ike's reckless personality as an excuse to try to make things a little more interesting, but the potential is just not there for Marth, and I don't really see how Sigurd could be much better. Conversely, Lyn has a ton of character inherent in the way she moves and attacks.

The GBA Fire Emblems were the only ones I've seen that really worked hard to make every class fight in a unique and interesting way, so it's no coincidence that the GBA lords are the most animated in the series. I played Path of Radiance, and it's pretty obvious that the developers said "Most people just turn the animations off, so let's just not even bother." Things like Aether were practically the standard for all critical hits in FE7 (it's practically stolen directly from the Mercenary generic class, for crying out loud!). And yet everyone is still oohing and aahing over the likes of Marth, Sigurd, and the Black Knight, thinking they add something to Brawl, which is of course based entirely on keeping combat interesting. I don't get it.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The first thing that came to my mind was "Sakurai is a hyprocrite".

He tells us he wants more female characters playable, then he goes and makes one of the best candidates an assist trophy. WTF

Hey kids, don't be surprised if KRYSTAL and LIP are ATs.
Lyn isn't the only FE female. There's Micaiah, and unlike the Ayra wannabe, the game she stars in is actually well-recieved in Japan and wanted among FE fans in the states.

cast man232

Smash Rookie
meh..

mehhh..well..

i was kinda hoping for something a bit more interesting today. =/

hmm. well, i don't particularly like assist trophy updates too much..

they havent exactly..quenched my thirst. lol.

anyway, im not too big of a FE fan, so i guess that adds to my dissapointment.
but obviously alot of people wanted her as an acctual playable character, as ive read some comments. so lets hope for a better update tomorrow.

alright thats all i have to say. XP

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Lyn isn't the only FE female. There's Micaiah, and unlike the Ayra wannabe, the game she stars in is actually well-recieved in Japan and wanted among FE fans in the states.
"Ayra wannabe"? Why, because they both wield katanas? I've been playing Fire Emblem 4, and although I haven't seen Ayra's promoted abilities yet, I definitely haven't seen her teleporting around the arena and striking at hyper-speed recently (though Astral Blade was pretty complex compared to the other physical classes in that game, I'll admit).

NukeA6

Smash Master
"Ayra wannabe"? Why, because they both wield katanas? I've been playing Fire Emblem 4, and although I haven't seen Ayra's promoted abilities yet, I definitely haven't seen her teleporting around the arena and striking at hyper-speed recently (though Astral Blade was pretty complex compared to the other physical classes in that game, I'll admit).
Ayra does something similar. So does her daughter.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
hmm the only thing that scares is how many other characters that we really want playable become nothing more than an assist trophy? and another thing is think they really need to put a few more femal characters into thhe game and lyn becomin an AT doesnt help lets hope that in the end this is a good decesion and we get someone ten times better!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think a tear will run down my cheek every time Lyn bursts out when I'm playing...

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
I hope they have Bomberman as a character.

Characters that should be in SSBB

1. Bomberman
2. Pommy
3. Tom Nook
4. Pianta
5. Dark Samus
6. Skull Kid
7. Wolf
8. Rick
9. Koopa Troopa
10. Lucario

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
I think a tear will run down my cheek every time Lyn bursts out when I'm playing...
A tear, huh? Well I have never played a Fire Emblem game before but she does look cool. The title to this is right. They left out about three pics.

In my last post of characters, I left out Ryu

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I had no idea who she was, but I must say, as unique as she looks, she would have made a pleasant addition to the playable cast, heck, any female character would. I hope to god they add at least two or three new females because there is too much testosterone in the roster.

wtfumble

Smash Cadet
I had no idea who she was, but I must say, as unique as she looks, she would have made a pleasant addition to the playable cast, heck, any female character would. I hope to god they add at least two or three new females because there is too much testosterone in the roster.
and not enough places to disperse it, right =)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Of interest is one of the alternate endings of the particular Fire Emblem game shows that she marries one of the other main characters and has a child who stars in a later game. While it’s unclear exactly who she mothers, it’s either Lilina, Lance, Sue or Roy. Yes, Melee Roy. Wether that hints as to his return, or wether he’ll turn out to be an assist trophy, is pure speculation.
Okay, I may be wrong but she CAN'T be Roy's mother because according to FE7's ending, Roy is Eliwood's father. Lyn was traveling with Eliwood for about 80% of the game. Unless there's some kind of time travel going on in there. PIME TARADOX!

Of course, I may be wrong. It's been a long time ever since I played FE7.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Get back on topic. Anyways, I think Lyn would've been a good character if she were playable. I guess they decided they had enough playable sword characters in the game.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I may be wrong but she CAN'T be Roy's mother because according to FE7's ending, Roy is Eliwood's father. Lyn was traveling with Eliwood for about 80% of the game. Unless there's some kind of time travel going on in there. PIME TARADOX!

I was Playing FE6 and Eliwood is Roy's father.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
no i really think it would be cool if thier was a sword woman
more female charecters
if that the case they should have let Zelda Keep her sword from Twilight Princess.....but tru. if Lyn was Playable....she actually would be the first female brawler from FE...AND the first woman to use a sword to fight with in Brawl...

falcofuku69

Smash Apprentice
wii wanderer, u forgot sonic, prince of persia and olimar, i know its a longshot but i would love to see luke skywalker, he is in gamucube games

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Looks like a cool AT like Dr.Wright is to me.

Also I went through the Nsider Forums A.K.A Home of Spam and some chick is getting attention by saying she is killing herself since Lyn is not playable........Dumb Attention Hogs

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
wii wanderer, u forgot sonic, prince of persia and olimar, i know its a longshot but i would love to see luke skywalker, he is in gamucube games
TO HELL WITH STAR WARS!!! srry....I cant just picture them........:) sides....we already have the Beam Sword...isnt that "Star Warsy' Enough 4 u??? :)

maybe the sword will be zelda's FS!!

as in she charages it with magical energy, slashes her foes, and then unleashes the magic from the sword unto the other fighters?????

miller483

Smash Ace

I'm pretty sure it's vice versa with the Roy and Eliwood thing. Also, I think Sakurai's showing us all these pokeball/AT people to get the non-playables out the way, IMO.

Top Bottom