• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New update, Hopes crushed

Fawriel

Smash Master
....now that was a pretty cool post. This is not exactly the right place to post it in, but... yeah.

There's still hope for Micaiah as a female FE character............ although I suppose she does not wield a sword. *scratches head*

Also, go Midna!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Bad Sakurai! *beats with a rolled up newspaper*

Things game needs:
  • Female Characters that aren't pink
  • Original Characters
  • Stereotype-breaking characteres
  • Characters with original moveset potential

Lyn is ALL of this! Of all the fire emblem characters, you ignore the ONLY original one, with a unique physical form, style of fighting, costume, name, even system of origin. You ignore one of the few FE characters with an interesting personality, the FEMALE one who DESTROYS the no girls weild swords stereotpye! About everyone who played that game ended up with her as a new favorite character! She was a HIGH POINT of the FE genre AND she was the FIRST playable fire emblem character in the United States!!!!!

and who do you put in...

*narrows eyes*

IKE?!?! Ike is the following:

"Hey - let's see how many generic stereotypes we can cram into one character!" "Hell yeah!"

• Blue hair - check
  • cape - check
  • leather strappy things - check
  • headband - check
  • generic sword - check
  • oversized weapon - check
  • Y-chromosome - check
Generic anime protagonist syndrome: DIAGNOSED

You *beats with a brick* are *continues* all *THWAP* FIRED!!!!!

Now, *points to the depths of hell from where this update came,* You go back to your room and THINK about what you've done.... You can come out when you fix it.

*crosses arms*

-Grey

I realize you just joined to randomly complain about the game, but there's one problem with the first half of your rant. The characters in Brawl are already chracters that have appeared on Nintendo! They don't make up the characters just for this game. They're all from previous games, lol.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
AND she was the FIRST playable fire emblem character in the United States!!!!!
Keyword there: US. Lyn was not popular in Japan. As a matter of fact, only one person is in Brawl who has US popularity and not Japanese, and that would be Sonic.

You'll be happy to know that Micaiah satisfies your list of what characters need though.

GO MICAIAH WOOOOO

truegrey

Smash Rookie
I realize you just joined to randomly complain about the game, but there's one problem with the first half of your rant. The characters in Brawl are already chracters that have appeared on Nintendo! They don't make up the characters just for this game. They're all from previous games, lol.

Sorry if my rant used too big words for you.

Original as in "non-generic," not "never appeared before in another game." Did you seriously not follow that? Go back to your sorority.

"I realize you just joined to randomly complain about the game"
-Really? That's your big factual opening? nice.... see previous insult.

truegrey

Smash Rookie
Who needs japan anyway...

Keyword there: US. Lyn was not popular in Japan. As a matter of fact, only one person is in Brawl who has US popularity and not Japanese, and that would be Sonic.

You'll be happy to know that Micaiah satisfies your list of what characters need though.

GO MICAIAH WOOOOO

I hadn't thought of that... I am disappointed by your well-crafted agrument for their reasoning. Your accuracy is standing in the way of my point. >:Þ

I'm convinced that if I support Micaiah, she'll fall the same path as Lyn... I think they're in my head, spitin' my charcters.

Who needs Japan anyway.... We'll make our OWN smash.... with Lyndis... and blackjack... and hookers! In fact... forget the smash!

-Grey
-------------------------
Wishlist:
- Lyndis (R.I.P.)
- Boo
- Vyse
- Banjo/Kazooie
- Chrono (any of 'em)
Pipe Dreams:
- Serge
- Kos-Mos

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Sorry if my rant used too big words for you.

Original as in "non-generic," not "never appeared before in another game." Did you seriously not follow that? Go back to your sorority.

"I realize you just joined to randomly complain about the game"
-Really? That's your big factual opening? nice.... see previous insult.
Speaking of non-generic, I love your internet insults. You know the ones where some nerd tells the perosn they're mad at to do something based on some made-up life. What's next, are you going to say that I'm 38, fat, and live in my mom's basement?

truegrey

Smash Rookie
I apologize in advance to all other members for this reciprocative waste of Bandwidth

Speaking of non-generic, I love your internet insults. You know the ones where some nerd tells the perosn they're mad at to do something based on some made-up life. What's next, are you going to say that I'm 38, fat, and live in my mom's basement?
First, we're completely off-topic now, so send me any further messages directly to my recycle bin by way of my inbox. I hate people who waste forum space with immature banter, but hey - i'll hypocrite it up for a minute.

Your naivity is physically painful. Saying "go back to your sorority" is implying that you're unintelligent, worthless, and out of your element. It is NOT implying that you are ACTUALLY a sorority girl - just that you have the characteristics.

It's like "Charlatan." You're not saying the person is ACTUALLY from an ancient Italian city. It's implying the possession of such properties. And have you ever heard my line used before, because I haven't, and THAT makes it NON-GENERIC. Please stop babbling and go jump off a bridge... Darwin is watching.

(And no - i'm not going to tell you you're 38. That would be like attempting to insult Paris Hilton by calling her a prude.)

And seriously: whine further at me via email if you absolutely must, which i'm sure you do....
Grey@GaTech.edu
I'll be happy to belittle you further from there.

truegrey

Smash Rookie
Micaiah, and "If smash were made in America..."

well she 's officially deconfirmed, but at least we still have Maicaih to look forward to
Yep - I think Maicaiah is almost a definite, judging by the way they've made all previous decisions. It seems to be a dichotomy: based largely on A) what's good for their franchises, and B) what the fans really wanted to see.... as long as B doesn't stand in the way of A.

Ike is a character they intend to bring back in new games, as is Maicaiah. If we get attached to them via smash (a guaranteed high-seller), we'll probably buy their future games (make new high-sellers).

Tis sad, but true, and exactly why i predict that Maicaiah = true, Crono = false, Midna=false, Boo=true, and hector=false.

As to the Japan/America thing.... I work for a Japanese-American company... TICO (runs Toyota motors among other things). It's amazing how little they care about any american consumer feedback or needs. We, the limited American Management, have sway directly dependant on how much japanese we speak, and how many japanese employees (even in GA... 50%) we have on our side. I'm sure it's the same way with Nintendo, and whatever is popular here is less than irrelevant.

I'm intrigued, however, to see a "If smash were Made in America" thread.... Could be good... could scar my dwindling sense of patriotism beyond repair. *ponders*

-Grey
-------------------------
Wishlist:
- Lyndis (R.I.P.)
- Boo
- Vyse
- Banjo/Kazooie
- Chrono (any of 'em)
Pipe Dreams:
- Serge
- Kos-Mos

Masterem243

Smash Lord
How does the idea of the basic items returning crushing the hopes of Ridley becoming a playable fighter?

Top Bottom