• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

Evil

Smash Apprentice
Ok well i guess i'm going but i have to wait for a friend to do something so we won't be leaving here till about 11:30 so we should get there i would say around 1:00pm.

Would that be to late???

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'll be sure to bring my A-game

and my B-game (too good)

aka brawl

i'll MM people in brawl!!!!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm glad you guys are doing the strikeout rule. To make things simpler though, I'd suggest instead of adding DK64 to make it 7, cut out Yoshi's Story (arguably the least neutral of the 'neutral 6') to make it 5.

pockyD

Smash Legend
wah wah, mr jiggly puff doesn't like yoshi's story!

edit: on a more serious note, with the strikeout system, it doesn't matter what you do... you can add flatzone as a 7th stage if you want and it will still be as fair as any other stage choice

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's NOT faster once everyone is in tune with how striking works (a single reset takes longer than the full striking process), it may or may not be easier (once a stage is resetted, what happens if it comes up on random again? some say reset again, some say tough luck!), and it most certainly does make a difference

plus you don't go to tournaments anyway!

Shroomed

Smash Master
if someone resets a stage, that stage shouldnt b able to be randomed anymore

random resets are easy, and everyone's been doin it this long....why stop now son?

and iono if i can come to this anymore =(

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
wah wah, mr jiggly puff doesn't like yoshi's story!

edit: on a more serious note, with the strikeout system, it doesn't matter what you do... you can add flatzone as a 7th stage if you want and it will still be as fair as any other stage choice
It doesn't really matter only beyond like the "neutral 5." Which is why I think it's better to just stop at 5; why make it a longer process if it doesn't matter?

random resets are easy, and everyone's been doin it this long....why stop now son?
Strikeout is just as easy. And people said the same thing when we went from bans only to resets&bans.

SuperRad

Smash Master
It doesn't really matter only beyond like the "neutral 5." Which is why I think it's better to just stop at 5; why make it a longer process if it doesn't matter?

Strikeout is just as easy. And people said the same thing when we went from bans only to resets&bans.
i haven't seen compelling evidence to show that YS is the "least neutral" of the 6

Top Bottom