• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
wow alan think about what you are going to start just by saying who did better.
im bringing asprin to the next one.
Think about whos feelings you're going to hurt by saying they have a high pitched laugh, and a creepy voice.

MacD

Banned via Administration
hey, one more peach question for anyone/kenny/alan/paul to answer

if i'm playing marth and am on a platform above him he's giong to be smart and keep u-tilting or whatever it is he does, what should i do, obviously not dsmash cause i'll lose and get hit, i haven't been able to sit down with a marth and figure out what's best, i'm thinking either light sheild and get hit away from him/off the platform, or jump out of shield, that's all i can think of off the top of my head

pockyD

Smash Legend
what else can you do? jump/run away

if you slide off the platform in your shield, you go into tumble, and that's bad news, so even if peach were slippery enough to slide off with light shield (far more often than not, she's not close enough to do so), you wouldn't want that to happen

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Actually, your dsmash clashes with all of his moves he can do underneath you. Of course all he has to do is wait, but as I said, anything he does will clash with you, and cancel out.

A smarter move is to just jump to a higher platform, of simply float to a height where he cant tip/utilt you.

In all cases, get to the ground ASAP.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i knew i normally would clink but he'd get me eventually

so basically jump away and get to the ground, ok, figured as much but never tried it, thanks though

joeplicate

Smash Master
those were seriously some great matches

I'm gonna not write the essay that was supposed to be due today at eight thirty AM but instead got put off because class was canceled and I had today to write it but I didn't, and watch them ^_^

joeplicate

Smash Master
I watched powerpuff girls like every day in 3rd grade with my sister and my whole family

they started calling me mojo jojo

VANS

Smash Ace
i was in the 3rd grade too! does that mean joe is in the same grade as me
wow the powerpuff girls are OLLLDD. they were on since i was 8!

Shroomed

Smash Master
the powerpuff girls was one of the greatest children shows ever

blossom *****, i didnt see bubbles or buttercup with ice breath =)

Evil

Smash Apprentice
I don't need to watch them on t.v i have all the season's on the computer.
My friend had them so i was like what the hell i got the room. lol

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
buttercup had the best haircut. id give that 16 years if you know what i mean.

shawshank redemption is awesome

Shroomed

Smash Master
but blossom was a genius and formulated well divised plans to battle their foes

and she was in the middle which means she was the leader

take that VANS!!!!

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
Even after 3 days after the tournament I am still depressed about how I played. So I am quitting tournaments. I never leave tournaments happy and I am tired of the post tournament depression. It is not worth it. I have capped and feel I can no longer improve, thus wasting my time. I dont think I can quit melee all together as I have made too many friends through it. Expect me at smashfests, but for tournaments I am done. I may still go to genesis just because of the sheer size of it.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Even after 3 days after the tournament I am still depressed about how I played. So I am quitting tournaments. I never leave tournaments happy and I am tired of the post tournament depression. It is not worth it. I have capped and feel I can no longer improve, thus wasting my time. I dont think I can quit melee all together as I have made too many friends through it. Expect me at smashfests, but for tournaments I am done. I may still go to genesis just because of the sheer size of it.
Oh no, Lucien! :(

sidefx

Smash Champion
you are false.

you havent capped at all.. how can you say that when you almost beat jeff..

who cares if it was almost, but it was closer than anyone else that played him other than lunin and paul. you get better by losing, just look at phil =D

Shroomed

Smash Master
if anyone knows what it means to get better by losing i do

keep playing lucien and i guarantee you'll get better
you did good at the tourney, you almost beat jeff on dream land
ur ****in good and im pretty sure you'll get better if you keep playing

P.S. i'll get u from bart at every tourney

Naota21t

Smash Champion
lucien and phil have both been playing amazingly well as of late.

especially lucien, come on man, how can you quit after getting 5 at scsa and then almost beating jeff.

jeff told me later tonight that that was the one set he really worried about besides paul and rey.

nublet06

Smash Lord
it must suck being from norcal and knowing you will never be better than socal.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Raaaaaaape.

As sad as it is to say, Lucien, you won't get better with that attitude.

Sigh, Julian does that as well...

This is why I really admire shroomed. Yes I ****ing said it, Shroomed's ******** Naruto-determination is too good.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
man first Julian, now another smasher I had mad respect for wants to quit. I guess someone like me will never understand how someone who places so well gets depressed because they say they didnt do good but then i will be the happiest mutha****a if i didnt go 0 - 2 in tournaments lol

Shroomed

Smash Master
The___cheese: Lucien the hell are you talking about? You're hella good.

edit: The___cheese posted this double post so he deserves the infraction.

Top Bottom