• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Toon Link Matchup Thread

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Lucario's Aura Sphere maxes out at exactly 180%, btw. Staleness probably affects bomb health as well.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I thought bomb beat aura 100% of the time. I don't play against many lucario's though, so I could be wrong. I know aura at least clashes and/or gets beat by rang and arrows up to a certain point, but i thought bombs always beat it.

Someone did the research on that earlier and put it either in the MU thread for lucario or somewhere else, I'm gonna go look for it right quick.

EDIT:

Found it. Aura Sphere Priority thread on lucario boards.

0% beats Toon Link's uncharged Arrows.
104% beats Toon Link's fully charged Arrows.
58% beats Toon Link's Boomerang.
Can't beat Toon Link's Bombs.

I think it's fully charged aura spheres they're referring to.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250225

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
I play almost daily with a lucario named D who, and on numerous occasions i find my bomb dying via aura spere. The "stale bomb" theory explains it well enough.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Toon Link boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

MJG

Smash Hero
Alright, since no one has taken over this thread and with the lack of discussion for each MU, I decided that I am going to just have discussion about MUs in this thread and I will make up the MU summary based on the discussion/what actually goes down in each MU.

Any suggestions?

tl;dr: I'm comin back to the boards; new discussion; afk

AfRo ToAd

Smash Cadet
NNID
AfRo_ToAd
Alright Im a Yoshi main. TL's my 2nd & hes great!

But whats your view on the Yoshi MU?

MJG

Smash Hero
I think that ROB TL could be 40:60 or 45:55 for ROB. Regardless, I believe that TL can juggle ROB EASILY, he can camp from afar (depending on TL's positioning) and he can fight ROB at midrange. I like fighting ROB up close and at Mid range most of the time though..

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Id like to get suggestions on what punishes what in the MK mu. I know jab and Oos nair punishes stuff up close, and bomb punishes pretty much everything else, but it seems i get punished by MK for EVERYTHING. Any suggestions on how to camp MK/ when to pull a bomb without eating some damage would also be helpful.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
never jump all the way in the air and pull a bomb unless you're sure you wont get shuttlelooped

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
never jump all the way in the air and pull a bomb unless you're sure you wont get shuttlelooped
Im pretty safe when it comes to pulling bombs; im looking for more specific situations, like what meta knights look for to get in, and how to minimize risk when MK does get close ie: punishing and avoiding all his rediculous airials.

MJG

Smash Hero
MKs wait for you to SH bomb pull (don't do this if they can get to you during your cool down time).

MKs will shuttle loop you if you **** up and decide to "double jump bomb pull"...pretty much what PJ said.

RATED

Smash Lord
Im pretty safe when it comes to pulling bombs; im looking for more specific situations, like what meta knights look for to get in, and how to minimize risk when MK does get close ie: punishing and avoiding all his rediculous airials.
don't use the Zair randomly without thinking it you will get tornado'd.

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
In the case of TL vs Kirby MU is it a good idea to damage myself at the start of a stock to avoid getting hit by Kirby's true combo?

All he has on you is a FThrow to Uair, after that you can escape it.

So no, it's not recommended.

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
All he has on you is a FThrow to Uair, after that you can escape it.

So no, it's not recommended.
ok then, I'll just have to get more used to the way Kirby fights to avoid it then.

Another point I had to raise about Kirby was if Kirby tries to inhale TL is it the best course of action to throw a bomb into Kirby?

It's a good option since Kirby gets that silly "I ate a bomb ouch" animation, which leaves him vulnerable to attack. So yeah.

Also, let me revise my last statement. It's not okay to damage yourself to prevent a grab combo UNLESS you're already caught in it. For example, Kirby grabs you, but before he does, you drop a bomb, and it explodes before he can FThrow you. That's okay, in fact, it's preferable. Hitting yourself while you're at no danger to prevent getting FThrown isn't really that good.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Hey Toon Link boards. Do you guys mind if we (G&W boards) take information from your export to use in ours? We'll credit you guys an all.

Thanks

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Im pretty sure all TL has to do when F thrown by kirby is jump.
Other than that, just keep a bomb in hand at low pecents if you dont wanna get combo'd.
i used to play a kirby a lot. He started to fair my jump. I prefer taking an uair and sdi'ing it than eating a fair and be offstage.

:phone:

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
I've been noticing a lot more from versing my friends kirby he's been hitting me even after jumping from his combo.

best solutions I've come up with are blow both of yourselves up with a bomb and just eat the damage, throw a boomerang so if they grab you the boomerang just knocks you out (not very reliable) or just air dodge away and hope for the best (which is what I generally do with varying results).

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Lol yea its 10 x 10! But yea this is what I g2 college for, holly at me for graphic yo

Resize that thing.

I tried to put an [IMGHLF] tag over it in the OP, but either my phone sucks and it doesn't work, or it's a mod only bbcode and MJG can't use it, lol.

MJG

Smash Hero
Ill wait for you to fix it lol

Also twink, you should get on skype and message me when you can...ive been meaning to ask you a lot (Can't remember right now) but I just never get around to asking it lmao.

Top Bottom