• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New technique?

AXE 09

Smash Master
VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9nivZx7U8c

More information (including shortened up-b):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273278

Hey everyone =)

If this technique has already been discovered, then I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time here lol. I'm not exactly sure how useful this technique will be (I find it to be very useful. Probably more useful for Zelda than Pikachu) but... here goes =)

Basically, we (everyone in the Pikachu discussion) have discovered that... During the first zip of his up-b, he can turn around. So... let's say Pikachu is facing left. You can up-b strait up, and end up facing right. You can do this from the ground or while airborne. So what does this mean for Zelda?

I have seen many times when Zelda is in the position where she is without a jump and somewhat under the stage (imagine FD). You probably feel like it's pointless to try to recover, because your only option is to teleport strait up, and there's no way to grab the edge because you're facing the wrong way. Well, now you can change that! When you up-b strait up, there is a way to turn around so you can now grab the edge and be a happy Zelda player :)

To do this technique... at the START of your up-b (during the frames before you actually take off), you must lightly (and I mean VERY lightly) tilt the control stick in the opposite direction that you are facing. You must tilt it lightly enough so that you do not actually teleport in that direction. The result will be Zelda teleporting strait up and facing the opposite direction of which she started.

Characters with similar up-b mechanics can do this (Pikachu, Pichu, Sheik, Mewtwo). Zelda is probably the easiest one to perform this technique with due to how long the startup time is before you actually teleport, so that is excellent news for you guys =)

Anyways, I hope that this can help some of you guys out :) and sorry if this is already known lol

Zone

Smash Champion
Wow, Thanks for this bit of information. Although not saving you from an edgehog still, However it's way better than just giving up. Gotta go for every possible mistake ur opponent might make and if he doesn't grab the edge to be safe cuz he feels confident you're dead. Well worth it.

This could make for good Doc Cape mindgames where he thinks you're already facing the edge and you turn urself away from it on purpose to trick him to letting you grab it.

Everyone flipping out about that down-tilt stuff that I already knew, but this made me go "REALLY?"

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ty for the thought axe!!! i'm sure there are mad people who don't know about this

low tiers stick together!

even though pika is middle tier material ;)

TheLake

Smash Master
lol this pissed me off

Im like aww look at all the low tiers...shiek

...freakin shiek

thanks for the video axe ma man. How does that shortening thing work exactly?

Impp

Smash Ace
Whaaaat???? This is awesome. I'm going to practice this.... It's definitely worth it. I've been f'ed over by being underneath the stage and facing the wrong way a lot of time. Oh and that shortening thing can come in handy, too.

Zone

Smash Champion
LOL, I was playing with A friend in Alabama last weekend, and I accidently turned myself away from the ledge a few times just so I could do it even though I was already facing the right direction.

Top Bottom