• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech! Team Canceled Rapid Fire

WIGI

Smash Champion
OK SO. me and my team partner were fighting at 2:30 in the morning this morning, and we came across this with Luigi and Zelda. we then applied it to other characters. The vid can describe it better.

Team Rapid Fire Cancel

(RFC)

Discovered by: WiGi+ !0+$ (blowtoes)
a.k.a

Team Ham and Cheese Tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P13Lw_sZd1A

were also going to create a team combo video eventually showcasing this in real matches.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Interesting idea. Might be and interesting endgame strategy.

Svkv

Smash Cadet
Nice idea. It doesn't seem to have much of a use though.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Fireballs seems much more useful.

Nikita, PK Fire, and Thunder looked the best. However, I don't see how it will be applicable in early or mid game. Late game if you find yourself 2 v 1, then this technique is awesome, but if there are still 2 opponents there, you can't handle them both at the same time.

And also, it's more of an idea than a tech.

Geist

Smash Master
acually, so far the most usefull is dins fire, followed by pk fire, we tested this out and dins fire is very hard to dodge seeing how you can get up to 3 sepereate dins fires in the air at a time if your good, they airdodge one, the next hits them. not sure if otehr characters besides luigi can cancel the lag we havn't tried yet.

try things out see what you can get.

Gamer212

Smash Cadet
Not useful if the other person has a partner really, but at the end, probably.

PK Fire was awesome.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's considered new b/c no-one has posted it yet. It's a tech for the same reason a hyphen smash is a tech. I'm still figuring out that one...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's considered new b/c no-one has posted it yet. It's a tech for the same reason a hyphen smash is a tech. I'm still figuring out that one...
They've been posted. The fact that no one's reposted them recently does not mean they haven't been posted. Also, it's just common sense and not actually a tech so it's a given there wouldn't be frequent mentions of them.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm, I haven't seen it posted yet, but w/e. It's common sense, but people find something "cool" and "useful" and feel the need to post it and name it. It's kinda sad actually.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Any reason why you skipped Lucario in your vid?
we did try this, he does recieve a slight speed boost, but is generally not worth it for 2 reasons

1. having to press b twice in order to amke him fire one shot is annoying/slow
2. the fireballs turn you around so everytime you ahve to pivot then fire, works well with some chars, not so well with others. il try some things out so should you let us know if you get it working really well. None of my friends play lucario so it doens't really make a diference to me xD

generally nuetral b moves are harder due the fact that you must pivot each time, side b is easier cuz its automaticaly facing the correct way.

How is this new? Or even a tech?
well its new cuz its not old and its a really not a tech just didnt know what else to call it synchronized button pressing?
point is it can be used to own pple. mainly if you luigi+zelda. witch we are.
They've been posted. The fact that no one's reposted them recently does not mean they haven't been posted. Also, it's just common sense and not actually a tech so it's a given there wouldn't be frequent mentions of them.
k show me plz.

Hmmm, I haven't seen it posted yet, but w/e. It's common sense, but people find something "cool" and "useful" and feel the need to post it and name it. It's kinda sad actually.
hmm i genrealy find it good to see people posting cool and usefull things. as for us naming it, i just chose somehting that make sense..kinda like L-cancel. but this has rapid fire.

rapid fire cancel....

its not like im naming it

OMGRFFL THE WIGI COMBO!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!1111!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i say this is way cool. i liked how fast that pika was thudnering and ness doing his pk fire. i wounder how useful this would be in team tounrmanets as most are mk,falco,rob,snake,g&w,DK

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not a cancel, it's not a technique, it's just a strategy.

In Melee, I often Dair (as Peach) to save my teammate when they cannot make it back with their recoveries alone. I gues we should name it Dair Recovery Canceling! Jabbing Jigglypuff after he's rested. Rest Jab Canceling! Smashing your opponent while he's lagging from a move! Lag Exploitation!

Not everything is a tech, not every needs a name. Heck, not even everything needs to be posted since so much of what gets posted nowadays is just common sense.

well its new cuz its not old and its a really not a tech just didnt know what else to call it synchronized button pressing?
point is it can be used to own pple. mainly if you luigi+zelda. witch we are.
What makes you think it's not old? What makes you think it didn't exist in Melee?

k show me plz.
Well you've got me there. I'm too lazy to sift through 50 pages of threads to find the ones posting the exact same information (there was, for instance, a thread which specifically made mention of how you can get 3 Din's Fires out simoultaneously using this "technique").

hmm i genrealy find it good to see people posting cool and usefull things. as for us naming it, i just chose somehting that make sense..kinda like L-cancel. but this has rapid fire.
Only it's mostly common sense and not even advanced. I'll give you that maybe most people haven't though of it themselves. Also, not everything needs a name.

WIGI

Smash Champion
@ yuna.. i think everything does need a name usualy when my friedns needing help recovering, i call it "helping"

so..lets call it nothing...

how do we refer to it?
if im playing a match with my partner, how do i let him know what i want him to do?
if i need help i say "help"

names are needed.

its not like im being all concieted saying that it needs to be named after me or anything -.-

"What makes you think it's not old? What makes you think it didn't exist in Melee?"

LOL WOW
this is brawl mate
funny.. if someone discovered like.. wavedashing in brawl, you would nto be like

"who cares, it was already in melee"
So seriosly, unles you have somthing constructive to imput into the develpoment of this Tactic, cuz thats what it is, a tactical way in witch to kill you oponent(s), then you really don't need to say anything.

thank you.

WIGI

Smash Champion
@ braver not quite sure what that would acomplish or maybey im just confuzed as to what you mean...

like..yeah..up+b? why would you need to cancel that out?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
So basically, it's just canceling your lag by having your teammate hit you. Although I don't agree with Yuna often, it isn't a tech and probably doesn't need a name. Sorry mate.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
"What makes you think it's not old? What makes you think it didn't exist in Melee?"

LOL WOW
this is brawl mate
funny.. if someone discovered like.. wavedashing in brawl, you would nto be like

"who cares, it was already in melee"
So seriosly, unles you have somthing constructive to imput into the develpoment of this Tactic, cuz thats what it is, a tactical way in witch to kill you oponent(s), then you really don't need to say anything.
Only wavedashing is out because the game has changed. This works the exact same way as in Melee. It's the exact same thing. Shorthopping hasn't changed, but, hey, it's Brawl. I move to call it Mini Jumping.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Lol yuna. The fact that people are impressed by this thread legitimizes its creation. Even if its just putting known things in a more understandable format...
If he called it a team strategy and didn't give it a name... would you be offended?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol yuna. The fact that people are impressed by this thread legitimizes its creation.
People are... impressed? I've mostly just seen people go "I didn't know this". This equals "impressed"? Also, random people who are new to the game not knowing about it =/= Relevant. We do not need new threads on Auto-Canceling, RAR:ing and gasp, shorthopping because some new players might not know about them.

Even if its just putting known things in a more understandable format...
If he called it a team strategy and didn't give it a name... would you be offended?
I was never offended. And, yes, as I've already said, it's a strategy and it's not new. If he'd just called it a strategy instead of a technique and wanted to name it, then I wouldn't have cared.

Furthermore, once it was pointed out to him it was old, he should've accepted it instead of going "Well I haven't seen anyone mention it, hence it must be new! I must have been the first to discover it!" (the second part being implied, what with it saying right there in the OP that he discovered it).

At least he didn't want to name it after himself.

demodemo

Smash Ace
lol it would be cool if someone was cancelling luigi's fireballs

fireballs cancelling fireballs cancelling X = hax hax hax

would it work?

pnoid

Smash Cadet
hmm

wonder what that would look like in a tourney.. how people would react to it

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol it would be cool if someone was cancelling luigi's fireballs

fireballs cancelling fireballs cancelling X = hax hax hax

would it work?
its more productive to ahve one guy spam while the other sh fireballs over the frist guys head.

wonder what that would look like in a tourney.. how people would react to it
the teams weve faced so far were just like.

wtf.

lain

Smash Master
this isn't a tech.

this is hitting your ally with fireballs over and over again while they spam mindlessly

:colorful:

Corigames

Smash Hero
You didn't "Discover" anything... why even name this? This is applicable to almost anything in Melee and Brawl. I guess I should go make the Team Falcon Punch Cancel, the Team Waddle Dee Cancel, and etc. because they are new techs that have never been found!?!!? LOL

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Try it with ZSS's Down smash. If it gets faster, then we might have something.

Though I do like the Thunder, and PK Fire Spam
The stun is only as long as the stun from the first hit, which is why you can only do it twice before they pop out. Has nothing to do with the speed of the attack.

massimo009

Smash Cadet
my guess is it would be best to find a interuptible move for lucario because damage in good for him so its a win win situation.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
The thunder is not very good. People could just roll around it or air dodge, or use the reflector. Anyways, nice "discovery."

Top Bottom