• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech! Team Canceled Rapid Fire

Glick

Smash Lord
Yuna get the sand out of your ******.

I've attacked teammates in order to help with recoveries and jigglypuffs rests. They don't need names and stuff but I'm glad you showed a demonstration.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
How is that an epic win.. kid's these days are ********... the internet should be banned for some people.
it's epic win becuse Yuna's getting his panties ll in a bunch and was so incredulous with his post. this poster sarcastically patronized Yuna... who deserved it.

I appreciate wit and it was funny to me... so go screw yourself nicely please... than you ^_^

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
what part of "I don't care what people call it" didn't you get yuna?

this kind of meens you can call it whatever you want. call it a tech a skill a trick a method a tactic, a team move, whatever, its fine.

ive been saying that for a while now.

But seriosly here. THIS IS USEFULL, and people are finding it usefull so can we please just leave it at that, people are improving on it already, trying to find new ways to use, giving out ideas that hey, might now work, but there trying. That deserves somthing, so please, leave it alone?
Fine, then you've apparently quasi-conceeded that it's not a real technique, now conceed it's nothing new (been possible since, you know SSB64) and that you didn't discover anything special.

The OP still reads:
Discovered by: WiGi+ !0+$ (blowtoes)

Some of us are sick and tired of all of these threads of:
* Not really techniques being touted as techniques or even Advanced Techniques.
* Old stuff being touted as "New stuff discovered by me!"
* People wanting to name techniques because they "discovered" them.

It happened at least twice a day during a certain timeframe and it's still happening with an alarming rate. Of course, this time, the strategy mentioned is actually useful, I'll give you that. But, you still claimed it was a technique (and *****ed about it for a while when we pointed out it wasn't, but eventually you at least conceeded that point), claimed to be its discoverer (even after we pointed out how you didn't discover anything) and want to name it.

It's still a thread existing for the wrong reasons (though for a good purpose). We can't make an exception for you just because you happened to stumble onto something useful. Then people will think it's OK to "discover" "new" "techniques" and name them and we'll see even more of those threads.

Call it a cool team strategy where you cancel your team mate's move by hitting them. Now leave it at that.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Everyone says this is old and common sense....

Could someone please post a tourney vid of this being utilized?

Thought not....

clowsui

Smash Legend
tl;dr version of Yuna's posts regarding this stuff (even though his posts are getting more and more concise regarding "new techs" now):

Post it as a discovery. From there, people will determine whether it's an advanced tech or not, whether it's new or not and if it is both, then you'll get credit for it. If you don't, just link people to this thread and then they'll see that you are the "discoverers". Don't be so bullheaded as to think that the instant you find something out it's new, advanced and something that belongs to you and everybody needs to know right away that it does.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a cool idea that should be used more. I know a lot of people knew about this to cancel lag on moves, etc. But I've never seen it used this way. Very cool.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's a cool idea that should be used more. I know a lot of people knew about this to cancel lag on moves, etc. But I've never seen it used this way. Very cool.
Only, this is just canceling the lag on moves.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i think with this, its not so much what it is, but how were using it,

i understand what your trying to say now yuna, your saying

"its not new to cancel out the lag on moves, such as jigg's rest"

what im saying is new is the way were are using this simple method to do somthing cool.

so if we can make an agreement here, somthing along the lines of...

Utilizing somthing old thats common sense in a new way that makes it a very usefull tactic.

So, im nto saying we discovered canceling lag, but i think we did discover, new ways, out of teh box thinking with this method.

what are your thoughts on that?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not new either. For one thing, I had my teammate cancel Zelda's Din's Fire to throw out two at the same time in Melee. It's now new... at all. People have been doing this for years.

I'll give you props for figuring it out on your own, though.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I hadn't heard of this until this post. It's not like it's stickyed anywhere, and like you said earlier Yuna you'd have to sift through many other posts jsut to find it, and since I had no knowledge of this, I wouldn't have found it.

At the very least this post would serve as a reminder... It's too bad the OP was unaware of this being found before.

Top Bottom