• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech! Team Canceled Rapid Fire

Ilex

Smash Ace
I actually liked how you named this because when you're playing in a team and want to use this 'strategy' it helps. In a team match you aren't going to say 'Hey man, want to do that one thing where I take out your lag as you fire a projectile?'. You obviously won't have time for that, which is why things need abbreviations, so you can say something quickly and have your teammate know what you want to do.

WIGI

Smash Champion
I think the closest thing to a practical use would be Pika's thunder as an edgeguard. Regardless, the video entertained me, so good job.
Acually, the only usefull ones so far are
1. Zelda's Dins Fire----The most usefull hard to dodge killer out of everything we tried
2. PK Fire---good edge gaurd for lucas cuz he deosn't move much and is spammable, really good damadge racking up for ness.
3. Snake's Missle----powerfull, spam like you would samus missles when there off teh edge

EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE VIDEO we put in not cuz we found uses for it, but just cuz we did it lol, no uses have been found yet, but we just wanted to show that it could be done lol

@ OTHER PEOPLE
ok. if your going to post in here and just say "This isn't a TECH your a nooob!" I could really care less. Me and my friedn found that this is EXTREMELY useful for our team luigi and zelda, and that it could kill very easily, so we figured wed share it with everyone else. CALL IT WHATEVER YOU WANT, i could really care less if you call it a skill or a tech or a strategy, fact remains that its usefull. so if you don't want to use i could also care less, im going to use it cuz its good. you don't have to.

So to thos not contributing to the development of whatever you want to call this -.- Please don't post your spam in here.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL @ Yuna arguing more about the naming and classification(Strategy or tech?) of this than about the usefulness of it. Stop being such a negative nancy.

That being said, if a Zelda/Weegee team manage to get BOTH of their opponents off the same side of the stage, the other team's pretty much screwed. The same could be said for Nikitas. Rapid Thunder's MAY be useful if the opponent's above you and sucks @ DI. XD

Good ****z :)

WIGI

Smash Champion
this is the buety of it though, both people do not need to be off the stage, just the otehr side of it, so if you knock one guy of the stage and the otehr guy is at the other side of like, fd or smashville and even battlefeild, its not ahrd to throw out 2 or 3 dins fires, witch, if it doesn't kill the guy whos off teh stage, it might even push the guy who is off the stage, and because they can be angled, if the guy decides to rush you on the ground, anlge it down a couple times and your good, or just stop when he gets close and wiat for anotehr oppertunirty.

srry for teh abd typing

WIGI

Smash Champion
wow, i FULLY overlooked Diddy, witch is shocking cuz i used to play as him. interesting idea, let me know how it works out. also, does anyone know any other moves besides luigis fireball that is spammable and causes VERY little hitstun? im trying to find other characters who can be the partner aswell, falcos lazors are ...o.k... but have to much hitstun

WIGI

Smash Champion
like ive said, yes it is easier when one person is already dead, but if done smartly, you can easily get 2 or 3 dins fires out before they have a chance to reach you with anything

(of course, it situational, if your playing against 2 long range spammy characters like..falco or somthing, they will be more likely to shoot you while your doing it

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wow, I'm a little surprised @ Yuna for going all postal. They wanna talk about this "technique" then let them talk. It's not negatively affecting you in any way, and some people apparently found it useful. There are hundreds of other threads you could be productive in if you don't like this one. Sure I agree the RFCing is retardedly obvious, but giving it a name isn't against the law. It has a few practical uses, and is good for lulz if nothing else. Just let them rock, eh.

Also, I'd like to mention that if Falco across the stage starts lazering it up, you can always just use Nayru's love. Zelda has AWESOME defense options between that, and her awesome smashes, so it really can help out camping. Not my personal preference in strategy, but hey, I know it's out there, and I know to counterpick Lucas against a Luigi Zelda team, lol.

Test it out with Falco's double lazer. If done very well, this could also provide additional overhead fire, shutting off jump options. I'm not sure if it's quick enough though. Also, see how Bsticking with Zelda might help.

WIGI

Smash Champion
hmm, i liek that npotion on b sticking.. might open up a few mroe posibilities, but hes really good with zeld, im not about to make him learna new control scheme, not about to sacrifice our already good regular team game.

Miller

Smash Lord
Its funny how Yuna has the time to even criticize one little thing, you need a life.

And nice Wigi, it has some applications. Try the thunder one while edge guarding someone

WIGI

Smash Champion
i have to find a way to use thunder so it still recaives that insane knockback, right now in the vid the only hit bok is the acual; lightning bolt, not the explosion at the bottom..maybey i just have to wait a little long before frieballing

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Good to see you guys didn't take any notice of Yuna, smashboards most pessimistic member....He must have a hard life to have that kind of outlook...

Interesting find, don't know how useful it will be....

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Thanks for showing this to me. The most obvious things can sometimes be the things that no one realizes. I only found Zelda's din fire to be extremely useful. Of course, I always dodge those, so I don't think it would be useful to me. Great find though. Yuna and some of the others are right though, this is more of a strategy, using 'techs' and 'moves' to create strategy. Strategy is kind of the general picture while techs are the more descriptive details. This is not a tech.

It's still great though, but it's not wavedashing. ftlulz :psycho:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The Pika lightening thing just made me sad.
I see how you could use thins in like friendlies, as just messin around.
But when in an actual team fight, youd be damaging your partner.
Unless, you know, your just gonna use that guy for this and not have him fight at all.
But what would be cheap. =P
Oh well.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna for president?

Once yuna is multi-quoting.... you've lost.
I hear that alot. I also hear "STFU" a lot. I'm a polarizing personality, like Hillary Clinton.

Try it with ZSS's Down smash. If it gets faster, then we might have something.

Though I do like the Thunder, and PK Fire Spam
Zamus' Downsmash does not work like that. If they're still in hitstun from it, then a 2nd Dsmash will just pop them out of it (and they can move before Zamus). There would be no super-stun as from the 1st Dsmash. This is why you cannot chain Dsmashes on certain character as it's obviously not because Zamus can't move fast enough, it's because on some, there's less of a window after a dsmash during which they can be stun-Dsmashed yet again though they cannot move.

Cancelling the Dsmash into another Dsmash through your teammate's help would just be a waste of team damage.

I actually liked how you named this because when you're playing in a team and want to use this 'strategy' it helps. In a team match you aren't going to say 'Hey man, want to do that one thing where I take out your lag as you fire a projectile?'. You obviously won't have time for that, which is why things need abbreviations, so you can say something quickly and have your teammate know what you want to do.
Why would you shout it at your teammate, anyway? "Quickly, run up to me and Rapid Fire Cancel my Din's Fire!". That's not good team strategy. You should work out understandinsg beforehand, silent cues to pick up on, etc.

ok. if your going to post in here and just say "This isn't a TECH your a nooob!" I could really care less. Me and my friedn found that this is EXTREMELY useful for our team luigi and zelda, and that it could kill very easily, so we figured wed share it with everyone else. CALL IT WHATEVER YOU WANT, i could really care less if you call it a skill or a tech or a strategy, fact remains that its usefull. so if you don't want to use i could also care less, im going to use it cuz its good. you don't have to.
Only you still want to call it a technique, claim to be its discoverer and that it isn't 7 years old.

LOL @ Yuna arguing more about the naming and classification(Strategy or tech?) of this than about the usefulness of it. Stop being such a negative nancy.
And that it's not new (at all)... and that he didn't discover anything. It'd be all fine and dandy if he'd just said "Hey, here's something a lot of people might have missed. It's a nice little strategy."

In fact, it would've been OK if he'd posted the OP just as it is and then gone "Oh, right, I'm sorry. I didn't realize!" when we pointed out that it's not a technique, that it doesn't need a name, that he didn't discover anything special and that it isn't new to him, but he persists, most notably with the ludicrous notion that since he has yet to see a thread on the subject, then it must be new (and he must've been its discoverer)!

OMG

I must try this with Diddy. His peanut gun is almost ALL ending lag.
Please tell me this was sarcasm or I'll have to petetion for your removal as a mod due to insanity.

Wow, I'm a little surprised @ Yuna for going all postal. They wanna talk about this "technique" then let them talk. It's not negatively affecting you in any way, and some people apparently found it useful. There are hundreds of other threads you could be productive in if you don't like this one. Sure I agree the RFCing is retardedly obvious, but giving it a name isn't against the law. It has a few practical uses, and is good for lulz if nothing else. Just let them rock, eh.
Maybe you weren't here when a thread like this popped out at least twice a day. In fact, they are still popping out with alarming frequency (three times a week, roughly).

Threads in which someone "discovers" something that is already old or that might not even be a technique. We kindly point out to them that it's already been discovered and/or that it's not a real technique. Most people go "Oh, sorry then." and no one cares that they made a tiny mistakes because they're only human.

But some people talk back and persist, like WIGI, who persists "it's new".

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Wait, this is just cancelling an attack because you are hit by something else. It doesn't work only with teammates and it works with every attack not just projectiles. As long as you make sure the hitbox comes out that is.

Why would you shout it at your teammate, anyway? "Quickly, run up to me and Rapid Fire Cancel my Din's Fire!". That's not good team strategy. You should work out understandinsg beforehand, silent cues to pick up on, etc.
Like taunting.

Sorry for some reason I just HAD to do that. Yes, I need professional help. :(

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
"I hear that alot. I also hear "STFU" a lot. I'm a polarizing personality, like Hillary Clinton."

I wish the boards had a quote book or something.

Yuna, I don't blame you for posting--I also don't blame you for being annoyed--but there are some things you just shake your head at and walk away from (unless your me, and want as many posts as you can get).

*feels as a n00b for pointless posting*

Byah! *turns around, walks away*

Ilex

Smash Ace
'RDC'

10cues

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I thought zelda's fire couldn't hit after Zelda was attacked.

Are they just timing it so the explosion still comes out or is the explosion coming out despite Zelda getting attacked? I'd look at it again, but i'm on a crappy computer right now.

Like others have said, this strategy seems like it could occasionally be useful 2 vs 1, which is something. Of course not as complete spam.

Pika's thunder is just too amusing. I'd so take damage to taunt with that.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's thunder is not good people. Falco and Wolf can outcamp this.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Yuna, just leave it its pissing you off so much, your crowding this thread with pointless spam,

I REALYY DON"T CARE IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS OR NOT, AND I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL IT

anywho, yeah in brawl(not sure bout melee) dins fire still explodes after she gets hit. we tried pk crush and freeze but it didn't work.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yuna, just leave it its pissing you off so much, your crowding this thread with pointless spam,

I REALYY DON"T CARE IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS OR NOT, AND I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL IT

anywho, yeah in brawl(not sure bout melee) dins fire still explodes after she gets hit. we tried pk crush and freeze but it didn't work.
SO basically because he used intelligent logic to refute your claims of this being an advanced technique its spam?

This is quite useless nor is it any new AT.

Geist

Smash Master
why is it pple arent understanding WiGi

if its not an AT or a tech or new then fine, i still don't want pple posting

"this isn't a tech"

its pointless, id rather keep it for peopl who acually care about it and want to use it, if you guys don't, then why bother posting.

leave it alon for people who acualy want to use it and learn new things about it.
Good day.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
why is it pple arent understanding WiGi

if its not an AT or a tech or new then fine, i still don't want pple posting

"this isn't a tech"

its pointless, id rather keep it for peopl who acually care about it and want to use it, if you guys don't, then why bother posting.

leave it alon for people who acualy want to use it and learn new things about it.
Good day.
The point is that he still calls it an AT. And he still thinks it's new and that he discovered it. Never once has he recanted. He's actually quite vocally claimed it's an AT and new even after we calmly and rationally pointed out to him why it isn't.

I would've left him alone had he just said "Hmm... I guess you're right." after we'd pointed out his mistakes to him. To err is human, to not be able to admit fault and change once it's been pointed out to you you just erred is idiotic.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the point is, 90% of the time you see yuna, he will be arguing about something and refusing to admit he's wrong... just fort he hell of it. ;)

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
Good strat, i'll have to try this out in a team battle sometime. The pk fire one was very helarious =p lol. It's quite impresive, did anyone try out that didy kong one?

WIGI

Smash Champion
what part of "I don't care what people call it" didn't you get yuna?

this kind of meens you can call it whatever you want. call it a tech a skill a trick a method a tactic, a team move, whatever, its fine.

ive been saying that for a while now.

But seriosly here. THIS IS USEFULL, and people are finding it usefull so can we please just leave it at that, people are improving on it already, trying to find new ways to use, giving out ideas that hey, might now work, but there trying. That deserves somthing, so please, leave it alone?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wigi, you're entirely missing Yuna's point. This is nothing new. At all. I mean seriously, its not like this has been possible since the ORIGINAL Smash, or that its nothing but manipulating lag by using low hitstun moves and all. But no, you definitely discovered it, and it is something special not common sense. Please, if you really don't want Yuna to keep posting here, just admit that this is very, very OLD, and complete common sense.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
The point is that he still calls it an AT. And he still thinks it's new and that he discovered it. Never once has he recanted. He's actually quite vocally claimed it's an AT and new even after we calmly and rationally pointed out to him why it isn't..
Good heavens!

Somebody do something!

Top Bottom