• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character to be Revealed at The Game Awards

smash invite.jpg

Today Nintendo confirmed that the next character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be revealed at The Game Awards.

This will not be the first time a Smash character reveal has happened at The Game Awards, as the 2018 event revealed Joker from Persona 5. The 2019 TGAs did not have a Smash reveal to the disappointment of many, so it is good to have confirmation on the matter. Unlike the 2018 Joker reveal which was a complete surprise, this is the first time Nintendo has confirmed a major Smash reveal for the TGAs.

Similar to other entertainment events like the Oscars and the Emmy, The Game Awards is the premier award show for all things relating to video games. Witch each year, the show has seemingly gotten bigger in terms of reveals and guest appearances. You can watch the awards live today on 12/10/20 at 4pm PT/7pm EST. You can view it here when it airs.

Author’s Note: Who do you think will be revealed at The Game Awards? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

99% of people are extremely predictable with the characters they want to see as dlc, they want the most given established boring characters to become dlc, can you please try to have less plebeian tastes..

Why not another FF game if you're going to double up on it? Just...why?

And can they stop treating Mario so badly in their trailers? Is Nintendo abusing you, Mario?

Sephiroth is literally confirmed to drop this month.
And it was the VERY beginning of the show.
And Jeff Keeley kinda teased Crash in a Tweet.

Sephiroth from FF7, told ya Square and Nintendo were good friends.
Least it's not another Fire Emblem character.
Plus, they feel they needed more FF representation.
Maybe it's Nintendo's promotion of FF7 Remake. Even though it's not on a Nintendo console.

Last edited:
Sephiroth breaks the tradition of no third party franchise having two unique (no-Echo) characters.
I never thought this was a rule in the first place, but now my desire for Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman is no longer unprecedented.

Ngl, disappointed that it was Sephiroth and not Noctis if they had to do another FF character. Mainly because I feel like teleporting like that would be pretty fun, and with gameplay like that I would probably love him to death (then again, I haven't and seriously need to play FF7, and since it's smash bros he's probably gonna be fun anyway).

Also it being December is kinda hype, ngl.

Sephiroth from FF7, told ya Square and Nintendo were good friends.
Least it's not another Fire Emblem character.
Plus, they feel they needed more FF representation.
Maybe it's Nintendo's promotion of FF7 Remake. Even though it's not on a Nintendo console.
Why would you want to promote something not on your consoles?

Ngl, disappointed that it was Sephiroth and not Noctis if they had to do another FF character. Mainly because I feel like teleporting like that would be pretty fun, and with gameplay like that I would probably love him to death (then again, I haven't and seriously need to play FF7, and since it's smash bros he's probably gonna be fun anyway).

Yeah FF7 has been sitting on the eshop for awhile now. I guess I have incentive to finally play it now.

I wanted Noctis too man. Still he has a chance as a Mii Swordfighter.
I never thought this was a rule in the first place, but now my desire for Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman is no longer unprecedented.
Yeah, for me and many others that is probably the biggest dub to take away from this.

Look at the moves he uses in the trailer, he has a dancing blade-like side-b, a counter, cloud dair.. they are kinda reusing attacks for him, all his moves looked VERY familiar. All the specials he used in the trailer were basically lifted from other characters. Zzzzz.

I really dont give a **** about what franchise Sephiroth is from, but the fact that he very much looks like a bland swordie complete with reused moves from other characters with some extra range on them? Screw you Nintendo.

Reactions: xzx
Yeah FF7 has been sitting on the eshop for awhile now. I guess I have incentive to finally play it now.
The original version is free on the Xbox Gamepass, I have the Xbox Gamepass, I have said Xbox to use with the Xbox Gamepass, It doesn't take that much storage on the Xbox (at least I'd assume), I've been bored just browsing games on the Xbox gamepass looking for games to play, I've been playing old games (like Pokemon Black as an example) recently, why haven't I played FF7 already?!

I wanted Noctis too man. Still he has a chance as a Mii Swordfighter.
Not really the same, but it's better than nothing. Still, I don't think I'm gonna use it much considering I have Minato Arisato as my Mii RPG swordfighter costume of choice.

Top Bottom