• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Super Mario Bros Wii

XACE-K

Smash Master
Game looks great from the vids I've seen but I just hate the playing as Toads. I would've preferred Wario or DK over Toads. Heck, I' would even prefer Waluigi over them despite how much I hate him.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Koopalings are back!?! I love this game even more already. :D

I would post in style but it's very hard to post in style over the cell

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
OMG Koopalings are back! This game wins now.

I liked New Super Mario Bros. However, I felt is was too easy. I hope this game has more of a challenge.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Personally, I want to see Bowser Jr in this game as well so we can have all 8 of Bowser's children in the same game. :bee:
That would be so PERFECT! All of Bowser's children in one game!

Also, I totally freaked out when I saw that picture. Morton Koopa Jr. FTW!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is great news! Since I don't own a DS, I will finally be able to play NSMB in some form.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet...

Koopalings comfirmed for New Super Mario Bros Wii!
As a long-time fan of the Koopalings, this makes happy! :joyful:

For a minute there, I actually thought that I was looking at a distorted Bowser! :chuckle:

It's great to see that they'll finally get the respect they deserve after all these years.

§leepy God

Smash Master
This game you get to ride on Yoshi's when I saw the previews, so that's a no no for Yoshi to be playable in this game.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I wonder if there will be other playable characters to choose from.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet...

Koopalings comfirmed for New Super Mario Bros Wii!
KICK-***!

How does it fit into the modern continuity though? Are they Bowser Jr.'s brothers and sisters or what?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
OMG! I didn't know the Koopalings were in it!

Auto-buy! and..I'm actually happy with Nintendo this year....yay!!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I think I'm sold on this. 80 levels, koopa kids and an optional 1 player mode is just too good to pass up.

I've wanted a 4 player mario game since I was 8 years old. Can't wait to get this :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This game will definitely be way better than the first New Super Mario Bros, and the DS one is already epic. I want to see how the Mega Mushroom works in this game.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
yoshis, teh koopalings, a suit that can save you from falling down a pit, 4p co-op, penguins, this game has everything!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I noticed something in the videos. If everyone on the screen dies you have to restart the level, even if you have spare lives.

I think that's brilliant. It'll be so much more nail-biting when the last guy is running away to stay alive until he breaks a friend out their bubble. Especially if the levels/bosses become difficult later on.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
It's great that we get this kind of co-op mario game but I do not like the toads. Toads to me are just too much of the generic filler character in the Mario universe. Having one be blue or the other yellow does not do much to me.

If there was a regular Toad with guns and a headband that would work.

I think it would be cool to see Wario . Or to see Peach maybe as an unlockable after the game is beaten. Or better yet...Wah-wah-wah-Waluigi in his first platformer debut!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's great that we get this kind of co-op mario game but I do not like the toads. Toads to me are just too much of the generic filler character in the Mario universe. Having one be blue or the other yellow does not do much to me.

If there was a regular Toad with guns and a headband that would work.

I think it would be cool to see Wario . Or to see Peach maybe as an unlockable after the game is beaten. Or better yet...Wah-wah-wah-Waluigi in his first platformer debut!
I don't mind Toad. He was super-strong in SMB2. :pimp:

However, I do agree that 2 of them is a bit much.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Wario in there. He could be accompanied by Waluigi (it's a Bros. game, after all), if Nintendo are willing to include him.

Top Bottom