• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would appreciate the ******* who keeps double voting to stop. It's such a hassle to clean out.

Actually, the poll is going to be done from now on. I'm tired of cleaning out your bull****. So, **** you, whoever on this site is doing it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would appreciate the ******* who keeps double voting to stop. It's such a hassle to clean out.

Actually, the poll is going to be done from now on. I'm tired of cleaning out your bull****. So, **** you, whoever on this site is doing it.
You sure it is from this site and not somewhere else? Maybe there is some guy out there who tried your poll once and bookmarked it for the heck of it. Never know with some people.

A trailer I think would be put up for a new release. With it already announced, there would not need to be a trailer unless there is actual game footage and gameplay. At the moment, they seem to be at the drawing board. I would sort of expect for more dumb, basic stuff. You know... like they decide to drop DS and WiiU compatibility or they might set up a poll as I said. Nothing of actual details we would find important towards stage design, character selection, items. Most of the stuff that has been speculated on.

There was even some rumor or leak about the WiiU going through a last few button designs. Sticks instead of sliders. A ton of nitpick stuff might be changed depending upon how the WiiU is used by other developers and stuff. I think Skyward Sword went through a big change when it optied to use wiimotion +.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You sure it is from this site and not somewhere else? Maybe there is some guy out there who tried your poll once and bookmarked it for the heck of it. Never know with some people.
Well whoever it is, is only voting for females. Thats all I know. He's votes like, over 100 times.

I'm looking for a good site that stops double voting. So, Ill have a nicer poll EVENTUALLY.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Golden, do you want that avatar without the off-black background.

Also Krystal screams "starter" to me/reasonable people.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A trailer I think would be put up for a new release. With it already announced, there would not need to be a trailer unless there is actual game footage and gameplay. At the moment, they seem to be at the drawing board. I would sort of expect for more dumb, basic stuff. You know... like they decide to drop DS and WiiU compatibility or they might set up a poll as I said. Nothing of actual details we would find important towards stage design, character selection, items. Most of the stuff that has been speculated on.

There was even some rumor or leak about the WiiU going through a last few button designs. Sticks instead of sliders. A ton of nitpick stuff might be changed depending upon how the WiiU is used by other developers and stuff. I think Skyward Sword went through a big change when it optied to use wiimotion +.
I guess most people assume that a cinematic trailer is independent of whether the game itself has many (if any) assets currently existing. Problem is this completely ignores the time it takes to plan and negotiate with the various subsidiaries within Nintendo. It is not like Sakurai is just figuring everything out along the way. Hence my skepticism.

Well whoever it is, is only voting for females. Thats all I know. He's votes like, over 100 times.

I'm looking for a good site that stops double voting. So, Ill have a nicer poll EVENTUALLY.
Sounds like a person after your own heart, minus the fraudulent voting. Try searching for something with IP dependent voting functions like what Gamefaqs has.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Yeah, but the nitpicky stuff worries me. With the wii, it's only now that they're beginning to have the remote fully synced with the console for games like skyward sword. If the controller doesn't work as well for the wii-u version, we'll still have the wii remote, but I wonder whether the controls could seriously affect our view of the game, especially seeing as we're gonna be saying goodbye to gamecube controllers until someone makes something compatible with the Wii-u that functions as a GC controller.

Goodness, I hope the controls are good. :urg:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know smash needs=??? Less stationary gimmick moving stages like Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls and more moving stages that require skill and strategy like Mute City/Rainbow Ride. I don't get why Brawl strayed away from those. Even Poké Floats required a lot of skill and timing (although it could have been a better executed idea), and Big Blue at least was a great concept gone wrong.
NOPE. You have to play with them or GTFO John. You pick.
I'll GTFO, go get a mod, and make what I GTFO of blow up... just like I did with Brawl thanks to my pal, Project M! :smirk:
Snake (Playable)
Bomberman (AT)
Castlevania (Stage)
I think this would be a cool concept.
Craps bipolar. I thought you hated 3rd parties involved with and getting characters and content in smash. :psycho:

Still, I agree. Bomberman as an Assist Trophy character (along with Simon Belmont maybe?) would be sweet. Plus, that Castlevania stage (taken from the Luigi's Mansion stage) in Project M is friggen cool. I would love to see a similar stage in smash.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww, but I liked spear pillar. That may be because of all the cameos though. then again, the stage looks pretty cool, and even a casual lucas can stay alive at about 200 and 300 percent. Would be the same with both links and sheik, ZZS and Ivy, and olimar.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What stages is everyone expecting to see in the next game?
Other than the obligatory Battlefield and Final Destination stages, I expect stages from most of these games... and I hope to see these specific stages from the listed games.

Mario series
- New Kingdom, a stage similar to Kingdom and Kingdom II based on the first worlds in New Super Mario Bros. series
- Starship Mario, a stage similar to Delfino Plaza based on Super Mario Galaxy series
- Rainbow Road from Mario Kart series, with SNES version's tile-based road and Thwomps and 64 version's Chain Chomps
- Bowser's Castle based on Super Mario 3D Land with the bridge from Super Mario Bros. and the chandeliers from Super Mario RPG
- World 1, a stage similar to Mushroomy Kingdom based on the first worlds seen in Super Mario All-Stars (SMB's 1-3, SMB2's 1-3 (at least just the outside area), SMB3's 1-Airship, SMBLL's 1-1

Donkey Kong series
- Jungle Hijinxs, a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage based on the first world, similar to Kongo Jungle in 64 and Melee with the Barrel Cannon moving left and right under the stage
- Gangplank Galleon, a stage similar to Pirate Ship in Brawl but bigger like Hyrule Temple in Melee Brawl based on Donkey Kong Country 2

Zelda series
- Skyloft from Skyward Sword, it is a sidescrolling stage as we encircle the floating city, there's also the day/night cycle
- Realm of Memories from Four Swords Anniversary Edition, we battle on one of three random stages: Hyrule Castle from ALTTP (it could be similar to the 64 version for nostalgia's sake), Mt. Tamaranch (the mountain with the egg and it could be similar to Spear Pillar) from LA, and Overworld from the first Zelda game (this one would be Zelda's answer to Mario's Kingdom and Kingdom II)
- Spirit Train from Spirit Tracks, Zelda's answer to F-Zero's Big Blue... everything is also cel-shaded like Pirate Ship in Brawl
- Chamber of Sages from Ocarina of Time 3D, it is a simple stage like Fountain of Dreams that warps around Hyrule like Castle Siege in Brawl - Lost Woods, Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Kakariko Village, Desert Colossus, and Temple of Time - each having their unique hazards and stage layouts

Metroid series
- Tourian from Super Metroid, in 64 we landed on Planet Zebes, in Melee we encountered Kraid in the acidic Brinstar, in Brawl we went further into the molten Norfair, and now we are in Tourian with Mother Brain in the background where she shoots Hyper Beams out of her eye at the stage while the turrets are shooting those ring-shaped projectiles all over the stage, countless Metroids are flying around in the background but they aren't stage hazards... that's what the Metroid Assist Trophy is for
- Bottle Ship from Metroid: Other M, I haven't played the game so I cannot really say much...

Kirby series
- something from Kirby's Epic Yarn, never played the game
- something from Kirby's Return to Dream Land, never played the game either
- Rainbow Resort from 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure, similar to Fountain of Dreams from Melee but bigger and we can swim in the water

Star Fox series
- Corneria from the SNES game, with Super FX graphics similar to Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit from Kid Icarus: Uprising, where we battle on Arwings instead of the Great Fox (it didn't exist until Star Fox 64)
- Macbeth from Star Fox 64 3D, we battle on the Great Fox just like we do in Sector Z (64) and Corneria (Melee)

Kid Icarus series
- Aurum Hive from Uprising, a simple stage like Smashville where the platforms are carried by Centurions around the space station (like in Chapter 17) as those futuristic enemies shoot at the stage, sometimes Centurions carrying the smaller platforms disappear due to the shooting but they will reappear again
- Underworld from the NES game, a vertical scrolling stage like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls with NES level layout and Uprising's graphics

Wario series
- WarioWare, Inc., with new microgames
- something good from Wario Land series, please Sakurai, don't neglect the Wario Land games! Kitchen Island from WL1, Wario's Castle from WL2, Music Box World from WL3, Golden Pyramid from WL4, or even Shake Dimension from Shake It!.

Other Game Series
- Wuhu Island from Pilotwings Resort, it just screams Delfino Plaza to me
- Pushmo Park from Pushmo
- Swapnote, replaces PictoChat, when Nikki the Mii appears on the screen she is going to draw something random on the stage
- Ketzal's Corridors, a Mayan themed stage as we battle on giant floating Tetris-like blocks as they fly through holes on walls
- Duck Hunt, a retro styled stage with the branches of the lone tree serving as platforms and 8-bit ducks occasionally getting shot down and an 8-bit dog laughing (don't bother telling me characters cannot be both playable and be part of the stage because it seems "illogical" when we already have four Marios fighting each other, anything is possible in video games unlike real life)
- Smashburg or whatever the new Animal Crossing: City Folk stage would be called
- W.V.B.A. from Punch-Out!! series, it is a boxing ring in a crowded stadium... kinda like what you see in W.W.E. (I know it is wrestling, not boxing, I'm just making comparisons!), heck let's just throw in the characters from Pro Wrestling while we are at it!
- Flat Zone 3 from Game & Watch series, based on Fire Attack, Donkey Kong Jr., Lifeboat, and something WTF-y like Egg. This dragon should be an Assist Trophy.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai's favorite weapon in Uprising is the Samurai Blade. Takamaru or Samurai Goroh confirmed.

Oh and here is something much better than anything Heels will ever do in his entire life:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Another thing I hate about Spear Pillar is friggem campers. Those Pit players who have been banned to hell never cease to make Brawl less enjoyable. :mad:
[COLLAPSE="My thoughts on each moving stage in Brawl"]
Friggen Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2 were both grab/chain grab fests (even Balanced Brawl couldn't fix 1-2), went too fast, and 1-1 had a ridiculously low roof. At least the idea was a good one, just poorly done. If both stages moved much slower, had higher roofs (and have the "clutter" on 1-2 more spread out and much higher), then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Mario Circuit has too many platforms. If the top left/right "jump" part of the track was outside of where you fight (but where say you could see it on the screen behind you), that would be much better. Also, it would help if those platforms were lower, too. Way too much camping up on top IMHO. This is because those platforms are so high up there.

Rumble Falls was poorly designed from the get go and had that stupid speed up crap. Seriously, that stage nearly forces you to use ladders because of poorly placed platforms. That stage was all trash.

Pirate Ship was a good idea, but even then it had several stupid parts .The bottom of the ship being able to kill you, too much swimming (I wish the water would just work like Jungle Japes' water), bombs being shot at you, the front of the ship fling thingy, etc. If you take all that garbage out, it's a great stage.

The Haleberd is a great stage (although I wish it would go back to the beginning area during the stage). The only part I hate is that the one cannon blast bubble thing can create camping. That's it. It's an incredibly designed stage other than that IMHO.

While Lylat Cruise only moves side to side (the background aside), even that has issues. Those edges can be really stupid and glitched out sometimes.

Port Town Aero Dive is basically a poor man's Mute City. The F-Zero racers go way too fast to see, the warning of them coming is very minimal, the lighting is poor (and the graphics look like straight out of F-Zero GX), the F-Zero racers do way too much damage and knock back (they are killing machines), and worst of all the stage is designed so that the F-Zero racers can hit you anywhere. Basically, the stage is designed to murder you. If you fix the murky lighting and graphics and make the F-Zero racers just like they were in Mute City (in terms of damage, knock back, speed, and to where they can't hit you on platforms above the track), then this stage would be very fun, and I would play it all the time.

Castle Siege, aside from having a platform or two too many in the 2nd area (and maybe 1 too few on the 1st area) is perfect in my eyes. It is a perfect example of a moving stage. I love this stage so much, I cannot describe it in words. Actually, I can! I love it as much as I hate Rumble Falls! :cool:

Flat Zone 2 is an awful mess that you cannot play without a high risk of being murdered by the stage's stupidity. If some of the crap transformations were removed and the stage hazards/stage transformations moved slower, maybe I'd know what the hell is going on. At least that awful stage Flat Zone let me know what was murdering me.

Wario Ware has a great first area. The rest of the stage plays like a awful wanna be Wario Ware game. It also moves too quickly and it's an unorganized mess. Oh, and it's full of glitches that can seriously murder you even if you did everything right and "won" the mini-mini-games. Pretty much I never play this stage because of that, other than versions of it where it is just the 1st area/default layout only.[/COLLAPSE]
I'll throw in my prediction that for this E3, Nintendo will be setting up a poll and feedback system for the next smash games. I believe there were polls for brawl before its release. Well, they boldly announced they would make one. They have not had much time to start the next one. So, why not get fans involved?
We haven't discussed this much, but I agree. Nintendo/Sakurai held polls for Melee and Brawl right after both game's being unveiled to the public (at E3). I would expect this trend to continue. The only way I don't see this happening is if the official reveal of Smash Wii U/3DS is held back for a later date.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I do, I hate it. But, I might as well make it perfect since they're unavoidable.

Get out John, all you do is lose!

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Went exploring around the Internets today, looks like we can give up hope on Megaman and Snake being third parties with this game based on how Capcom and Sony will want the fans of their characters to come to their own fighting games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I guess I'm forced to remind everyone yet again that all characters have their possibilities, but it's the percentage of likelyhood that determines the answer of their arrival.

So, yeah, Mega Man is quite a show stopper, but that doesn't mean Capcom might say, "Oh, we gotta endorse our characters! Better put him in SSB4!". Commercialing at it's finest, which is why I wish Microsoft would let Nintendo borrow Master Cheif or just some Spartan.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
[/B]Commercialing at it's finest, which is why I wish Microsoft would let Nintendo borrow Master Cheif or just some Spartan.
To capture which demographic? The 14 year old punks from the midwest who have apparently ****ed my mother and know my sexual orientation better than I do? Or the Jeep-driving frat bros with gamertags like weedl0rd420? No thank you.

If Nintendo actually went to Microsoft seeking a character for Smash, it would be Banjo-Kazooie.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To capture what demographic? The 14 year old punks from the midwest who have apparently ****ed my mother and know my sexual orientation better than me? Or the frat Bros with gamertags like weedl0rd420? No thank you.

If Nintendo actually went to Microsoft seeking a character for Smash, it would be Banjo-Kazooie.

I never commented on Banjo. Clearly, he's a better choice. But in favor of my own opinion, I'd love to see Samus and Master Cheif duke it out. He was just an example.

@Oasis_S Clearly, not using your heads would suggest ignorance. How obvious was Snake or ROB? Not very. That's why everyone has a shot at SSB4, but it's how likely they are. So, we obviously won't be seeing Master Cheif, obviously. Doesn't mean I can't dream. :awesome:

EDIT: Sorry, that seemed rude, Oasis. :rolleyes:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I dunno, maybe that's just the way I look at it. I mean, after Snake appeared, I feel as if many options have opened. Not all of them, but some.

@Metal Daddyfatsack beats it by a landslide.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis_S Clearly, not using your heads would suggest ignorance. How obvious was Snake or ROB? Not very. That's why everyone has a shot at SSB4, but it's how likely they are. So, we obviously won't be seeing Master Cheif, obviously. Doesn't mean I can't dream. :awesome:
"Snake and ROB were not very likely, which shows it doesn't matter how likely someone is, but what's important is how likely they are."

You can't say LIKELIHOOD is the most important thing, when you have to determine likelihood by considering various other factors. You should try to understand what those criteria are and how they apply to characters.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Would there really be enough time for Nintendo to create something with enough depth to show is the problem. As far as I know there is not enough material from Sakurai for Nintendo to even go off of at this point. From a system pitching point of view (which is really what this E3 is) it makes sense to have something, but practically is there enough?
Brawl's trailer had very little. It only showed off 10 characters (if you count Samus), three stages (one of which was battlefield), final smashes and Nintendog. They don't have to show a lot. Just something.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

EDIT: Sorry, that seemed rude, Oasis. :rolleyes:
Well to be fair, considering Sakurai's friendship with Kojima and the fact that R.O.B. single handedly saved Nintendo from bankruptcy, they weren't THAT unlikely. I would say the ignorance comes from looking at those two characters and baselessly concluding that "Anyone stands a chance".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Snake and ROB were not very likely, which shows it doesn't matter how likely someone is, but what's important is how likely they are."

You can't say LIKELIHOOD is the most important thing, when you have to determine likelihood by considering various other factors. You should try to understand what those criteria are and how they apply to characters.
That's not what I mean. What I mean is the complete opposite. Remember when I said Percentage of likelyness? We could infer that Snake's Likelihood was very low. Comfirmation of Snake made me think different about liklihoods of characters.

What I'm saying is this: ALL characters are POSSIBLE, but it's their LIKELINESS that determines the OUTCOME of the character's appearence.

Sorry if I said that wrong before. I just woke up. :s

@Hoots Yeah, but who would of said that Snake was a canadate? That's what I'm saying. Beforehand, you wouldn't of said via Melee time waiting for Brawl, "I vote for Snake because Sakurai is friends with the Kojima!".

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Master Chief is Microsoft's baby, though

Nintendo and Microsoft are rivals, and the Chief has never been on a Nintendo console, so he's ineligible

At least with Snake, his creator and Sakurai are buddies and Snake himself has been on Nintendo consoles before

And R.O.B. is a Nintendo character/peripheral so I wouldn't really compare that to a third party getting in

Hell, at this point, a character exclusive to the Pokemon anime is more likely than us getting someone like the Chief

I'd rather have Arbiter or Noble 6 as a Halo rep, anyway

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Master Chief is Microsoft's baby, though

Nintendo and Microsoft are rivals, and the Chief has never been on a Nintendo console, so he's ineligible

At least with Snake, his creator and Sakurai are buddies and Snake himself has been on Nintendo consoles before

And R.O.B. is Nintendo so I wouldn't really compare that to a third party getting in

Hell, at this point, a character exclusive to the Pokemon anime is more likely than us getting someone like the Chief

I'd rather have Arbiter or Noble 6 as a Halo rep, anyway
Yeah, but you have to think; What IF, keyword, IF, they allowed passage for whatever reason? Percentages, people, listen up. Master Cheif has a low percentage, sure, but that's just him.

Once again, you wouldn't of said that would be his reason for entrance before Brawl.

ROB is definatly NOT third party, but he also wouldn't of been expected, right?

Also, yes, I'd love Arbiter more, too.

Gtg, but I'll talk moar about this later.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yeah, but you have to think; What IF, keyword, IF, they allowed passage for whatever reason? Percentages, people, listen up. Master Cheif has a low percentage, sure, but that's just him.

Once again, you wouldn't of said that would be his reason for entrance before Brawl.

ROB is definatly NOT third party, but he also wouldn't of been expected, right?

Also, yes, I'd love Arbiter more, too.

Gtg, but I'll talk moar about this later.
Master Chief has, for all intents and purposes, 0% because he never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Next hopeful wishing turned into an attempt to lay a basis of claim, please.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That's not what I mean. What I mean is the complete opposite. Remember when I said Percentage of likelyness? We could infer that Snake's Likelihood was very low. Comfirmation of Snake made me think different about liklihoods of characters.

What I'm saying is this: ALL characters are POSSIBLE, but it's their LIKELINESS that determines the OUTCOME of the character's appearence.

Sorry if I said that wrong before. I just woke up. :s

@Hoots Yeah, but who would of said that Snake was a canadate? That's what I'm saying. Beforehand, you wouldn't of said via Melee time waiting for Brawl, "I vote for Snake because Sakurai is friends with the Kojima!".
No one, because no one thought third parties were a possibility. All Snake showed us was that third parties were an option and nothing more. Then with that knowledge you can apply the same scrutiny we use when looking at Nintendo characters to guess which will be added. It does nothing to suggest "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AND ANYONE CAN MAKE IT! JUST LOOK AT SNAKE!" Snake and R.O.B. still have legitimate reasons to be in the game.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Another thing I hate about Spear Pillar is friggem campers. Those Pit players who have been banned to hell never cease to make Brawl less enjoyable. :mad:
[COLLAPSE="My thoughts on each moving stage in Brawl"]
Friggen Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2 were both grab/chain grab fests (even Balanced Brawl couldn't fix 1-2), went too fast, and 1-1 had a ridiculously low roof. At least the idea was a good one, just poorly done. If both stages moved much slower, had higher roofs (and have the "clutter" on 1-2 more spread out and much higher), then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Mario Circuit has too many platforms. If the top left/right "jump" part of the track was outside of where you fight (but where say you could see it on the screen behind you), that would be much better. Also, it would help if those platforms were lower, too. Way too much camping up on top IMHO. This is because those platforms are so high up there.

Rumble Falls was poorly designed from the get go and had that stupid speed up crap. Seriously, that stage nearly forces you to use ladders because of poorly placed platforms. That stage was all trash.

Pirate Ship was a good idea, but even then it had several stupid parts .The bottom of the ship being able to kill you, too much swimming (I wish the water would just work like Jungle Japes' water), bombs being shot at you, the front of the ship fling thingy, etc. If you take all that garbage out, it's a great stage.

The Haleberd is a great stage (although I wish it would go back to the beginning area during the stage). The only part I hate is that the one cannon blast bubble thing can create camping. That's it. It's an incredibly designed stage other than that IMHO.

While Lylat Cruise only moves side to side (the background aside), even that has issues. Those edges can be really stupid and glitched out sometimes.

Port Town Aero Dive is basically a poor man's Mute City. The F-Zero racers go way too fast to see, the warning of them coming is very minimal, the lighting is poor (and the graphics look like straight out of F-Zero GX), the F-Zero racers do way too much damage and knock back (they are killing machines), and worst of all the stage is designed so that the F-Zero racers can hit you anywhere. Basically, the stage is designed to murder you. If you fix the murky lighting and graphics and make the F-Zero racers just like they were in Mute City (in terms of damage, knock back, speed, and to where they can't hit you on platforms above the track), then this stage would be very fun, and I would play it all the time.

Castle Siege, aside from having a platform or two too many in the 2nd area (and maybe 1 too few on the 1st area) is perfect in my eyes. It is a perfect example of a moving stage. I love this stage so much, I cannot describe it in words. Actually, I can! I love it as much as I hate Rumble Falls! :cool:

Flat Zone 2 is an awful mess that you cannot play without a high risk of being murdered by the stage's stupidity. If some of the crap transformations were removed and the stage hazards/stage transformations moved slower, maybe I'd know what the hell is going on. At least that awful stage Flat Zone let me know what was murdering me.

Wario Ware has a great first area. The rest of the stage plays like a awful wanna be Wario Ware game. It also moves too quickly and it's an unorganized mess. Oh, and it's full of glitches that can seriously murder you even if you did everything right and "won" the mini-mini-games. Pretty much I never play this stage because of that, other than versions of it where it is just the 1st area/default layout only.[/COLLAPSE]
We haven't discussed this much, but I agree. Nintendo/Sakurai held polls for Melee and Brawl right after both game's being unveiled to the public (at E3). I would expect this trend to continue. The only way I don't see this happening is if the official reveal of Smash Wii U/3DS is held back for a later date.
John, only about half of those are ACTUAL moving stages. Flat Zone 2 and WarioWare, Inc. are NOT moving stages. Castle Siege, either. They're TRANSFORMING stages, unlike Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls.

And Mario Circuit is actually NEITHER of these. It never moves OR changes. Mario Circuit is just a stationary stage, so unless you meant Delfino Plaza(which falls into the same catergory as the Halberd), then I don't know HOW Mario Circuit is a moving stage.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just stop saying "percentage" like it means anything. How are you determining those nonsense percentages? It's by using factors that actually have meaning. Characters that don't meet any meaningful criteria are below characters that do.

It's like you just want to say "my favorite character is at least POSSIBLE" just to make yourself feel better when it's actually not true.

And ROB was predicted by a fair amount of people, lol.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, these are my trailer pick prediction assuming we get five newcomers revealed at E3 2013:

Villain: Ridley
Female: Palutena
Retro: Takamaru
Popular Character: Little Mac
Third-Party: Mega Man

If we see it revealed at E3 2012, drop it to four characters and drop Mega Man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
SPECULATION DRINKING GAME

Every time someone argues at length about how any character not in previous games is possible, take a drink.
Every time someone brings up Ridley, Geno or Krystal in any context, take a drink.
Everytime someone goes on about "clones", take a drink.
Everytime someone unironiclly brings up the Master Chief, Down a whole bottle of Jack Daniels.

I'm gonna need a new liver and a full blood replacement come E3.

In the time it took to post this we've already had Ridley. *glug*

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@asage- Well yeah, but it's not like we KNEW that third parties were eligible back in the Melee days

And you can't really use percentages as a basis to determine likelihood because character speculation isn't an exact science or something lol

But yeah...

Villain: K. Rool
Female: Palutena
Retro: Takamaru?
Popular: Uhhh... Little Mac?
Third Party: If we get one, uhhh.... Mega Man?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It's like you just want to say "my favorite character is at least POSSIBLE" just to make yourself feel better when it's actually not true.
I think a lot of people argue for ridiculous characters with this sole motivation. The desperate grasping at straws is pretty damn sad. Like for me, I would LOVE to see Banjo in the game, and I do believe he DESERVES to be in the game(which is more than most other characters have) but I have no illusions. I know that he stands no chance.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know where all the support for Palutena is coming from but I suspect there's huge-*** Kid Icarus spoilers involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom