• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isaac
Krystal
Ridley
Palutena
Zoroark
Shulk

That's my top... 6, in order. Although if the list included characters with no shot it would be dominated by Skull Kid and Banjo-Kazooie. :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Let's see mine...

Starfy
Lip
Toad
Palutena
Saki
Isaac (I guess)
Dixie Kong
Tingle
Prince Sable
Megaman/Roll/Protoman

(Garet and Vaati)

My true wished newcomers. (-=3l-)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Starfy
Paper Mario
King K. Rool
Victini
Ridley

If these include the ones with impossible odds, my list is dominated whole-heartedly by Shy Guy and Breloom. :laugh:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
My dream characters:

Possible:

Bowser Jr.
Rayman
Baby Mario

Impossible:

Crash Bandicoot
:cry:

Jakor

Smash Ace
We're doing top 5 now? Ok, here's mine:

King K. Rool
Ridley
Krystal
Dixie Kong
Toad

...something like that.

ALSO, I will release the third version of the Roster Maker some time next week. GET READY.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With Rayman getting the return to relevance lately, with Origins and Legends and stuff, it would be interesting to see if his popularity and demand to get into Smash increases. Plus Nintendo and Ubisoft seem to be getting along pretty well. Not saying he'll get in, just that eventually he could become more requested.

I'd love to play as a limbless character one day though, whether it's Rayman or Sukapon or someone else.

D

Deleted member

Top picks? Hard to say, especially since it's left vague But these are characters I support and feel are contenders for SSB4:

- Toad
- Paper Mario
- King K. Rool
- Krystal
- Mewtwo
- Krom
- Roy
- Palutena
- Takamaru
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Isaac
- Saki Amamiya
- Mega Man (My #1 pick)
What kind of Sass is this.
The Style of Super Awesome!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here are my favorite contenders, plus Geno:

- Krystal
- Samurai Goroh
- Zoroark
- Genesect
- Dixie Kong
- Medusa
- Geno

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Okay, my most wanted list, not really in any order:

- Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask on!)
- Ridley
- K. Rool
- Geno (and Mallow) [I've been playing SMRPG, at the final boss now, pretty cool game]
- Mewtwo

I like the idea of having Chibo Robo, Lip and Tingle as characters, or cool obscure characters, even Japanese-only, for the surprise-factor.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
1 - Ridley
2 - Dixie
3 - Little Mac
4 - Geno
5 - Skull Kid with Majora's Mask

Ridley is always depicted in text as a genius yet every time we see him he is seen as absolutely wild. Stealing the last Metroid doesn't count either. If we do get an Adventure Mode with random Nintendo characters as enemies I would love Ridley commanding a bunch of fodder pirates to go after your character just before he himself takes you on. Just to make it appear he doesn't react entirely on primal impulse.

He was even more of a wild bull in Metroid Prime 3. He would charge you but not before kicking up dirt like Rambi the Rhino. I never once got a sense he is anything but muscle.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would love to see Ridley commanding pirates (I even have that as his Final Smash in my moveset), especially since that would mean we'd get to fight Space Pirates in the story mode. I figure he'll end up being Ganondorf's attack dog or something though.

D

Deleted member

My 5 most wanted, not in order:
-Waluigi
-Shake King
-Flint
-Mewtwo
-Shadow

Flint beat out someone on the list, but I don't remember who. Flint is just that awesome.

D

Deleted member

Anyone whos says he wouldn't be awesome in Smash gets a 2X4 to the face.

EDIT: Damn, meant to edit that in the last post, not double post...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My top 10:

01) Balloon Fighter
02) Little Mac
03) Mii
04) King K. Rool
05) Dixie Kong
06) Magnus
07) Hammer Bro.
08) Dillon
09) Waluigi
10) Saki Amamiya

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can understand having no involvement with Sonic's design (and probably why he's so boring), but a complete lack of involvement with Link is very strange.
I imagine Eiji Anouma and the Zelda/Twilight Princess folks at Nintendo EAD who worked on Twilight Princess designed Link's move set. That or the rookie fighting game developers were all like "zOMG! Let's make an already broken character balanced but more awesome" even though Link was average in Melee. Thus, they made a garbage unplayable piece of crap character.
Got another question for you guys. Which would you rather have? The current roster sent back to the drawing board with all of them given refreshed playstyles (like new normals/specials here and there) and add six characters OR would you keep them the same (bar balance changes) and add ten new characters?
The latter option, because dang near everyone has an awesome play style in one smash bros game or another (save for Zelda, Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, [they always suck] and maybe Ness, Lucas, and Luigi [they need more strengths]).

And while I feel clones need some new specials, I would rather have new characters and have them slowly de-cloned from game to game. Given the quality (of originality and playability) of "clones" in Brawl, I'm down to play as some more. I love me some (Project M) Lucas! :bee:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Rosalina
Unless Flint is hundreds of years old, it is not Ness.
I'd call it an inconvenient truth (:p). But until someone posts a link it's false. Both Toise and Johnknight have failed to do that, the latter commenting that is was about a moveset not whether or not he could fight.

I would laugh if it came true though (certainly would make Mario arguments a lot easier).
I am pretty sure the source of it was something Omega posted. I don't know about you, but I ain't going through Omega's posts on the subject. He's got over 9,000 posts on this thread, and I don't want to look up all of those posts. That would take years out of my life. Also, I think the post was on the Melee Dojo in fan mail. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Also, if Toise is the "Messiah" or a near messiah figure, what does that make me=??? :reverse:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The more I see of the Playstation game, the more different it looks from Smash, and the less excited I get about it. I think SSB4 will blow it away once it is revealed. The two don't even have the same overall goal in playing. One's about killing, and one's about knocking off the edge. Doubled with the only minor interest I have in only some of the characters, I think I'm going to pass on the "Sony Smash".

*sighs*
Back when he was the main character...
Flint looks awesome, but I gotta say the other characters here look rather boring and plain. I'm sure it still would've been an awesome game, though.

edit: I'm guessing they were the precursors to Lucas, Claus, and Boney, but I could be wrong.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL!!! That is a funny title! Sony doesn't have the history or characters to match Smash Bros historically or game play-wise. I got a feeling if this becomes a full fledged series, it will slowly become better. But I doubt this game will be very good. Also, it looks a lot more like that TNMT fighting game and that Cartoon Network fighting game are better comparison. Really PlayStation All-Stars should become it's own game designed completely unlike Smash. Design it kinda with say... the Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter/God of War "feel" instead of smash's "fighting games meets Mario, DK, and Kirby 2D platform games" concept.
Also, thanks John and berserker!
No problem Smash Bro! :cool:

Also, Flint was a main character at a point in EarthBound 64, but only for a few chapters. In MOTHER 3, Flint did have his own chapter where he was the main character.

D

Deleted member

Flint overall just needs more love.
Wouldn't he fit Sakurai's criteria?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing that other more popular Mother characters would fit Sakurai's criteria a little better than Flint.

I'm guessing Claus, Porky, and Kumatora would take precedence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom