• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People said the same thing about me when I looked into some of the Uprising weapons. :awesome:

Muddy Mole would be epic, though.
Nah, I admit...I was looking too far into it. Either way, the wrecking ball item is more of a hint toward Muddy anyway.:awesome:

It also makes me want Sakurai to remake/reboot Mole Mania if Muddy is chosen. :cool:

Muddy Mole for SSB4?

He has a fair shot for a retro character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Seriously, I have been asking Nintendo to put Mole Mania on the 3DS Virtual Console in my Club Nintendo surveys. Also asking for them to make a new Mole Mania game for the 3DS. It's perfect for the 3DS with the two screens showing the aboveground and the underground.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We are lucky to even have 2 MOTHER characters, let alone 1.

Also, I doubt Muddy Mole was the character with legal issues. Which department of Nintendo made his game=??? (I think it was Nintendo E&D).

But seriously, Muddy Mole's game should be released on the 3DS Virtual Console. I am interested in trying it out after all this Muddy Mole hype!
[COLLAPSE="Click here for an image of the Djinn"]
[/COLLAPSE]I really would love to see the Djinn from Golden Sun series in Smash 4 as collectible items. They would appear on the stage and then they jump or float around... and the characters need to catch them. When I say collectible items, I meant like the Dragoon item in Brawl. Djinn of one color will appear until a Summon is activated before Djinn of a different color appear. When a character catches at least two Djinn of the same color, that character begins to glow and the player can input L and R buttons at the same time while pressing the B button to activate the corresponding Summon.

2 Venus - Ramses; 3 Venus - Cybele; 4 Venus - Judgment
2 Mars - Kirin; 3 Mars - Tiamat; 4 Mars - Meteor
2 Jupiter - Atalanta; 3 Jupiter - Procne; 4 Jupiter - Thor
2 Mercury - Nereid; 3 Mercury - Neptune; 4 Mercury - Boreas
This formula sounds too complicated, but I think having one set of each or just one set of one element is totally within the realm of reason, and would be friggen awesome!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Oasis: Fun-fact: He's a Miyamoto creation. Not many people know that.:cool:

@Arcadenik: Oh. My. Geewilikers. I didn't even think of the dual screen thing. That's genious!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I checked. EAD developed Mole Mania.

@Metal: Mole Mania for Virtual Console would push me to finally buy a 3DS.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I figure it's more an issue of what else might be named Muddy, and also be a mole. Not a very original name, y'know?

http://www.muddymoles.org.uk/ Like that or something.

But I doubt he was considered for playable status anyhow, so it probably wouldn't have mattered. What did that one interview say? "He might even be in the game already?" Because if he didn't say playable, he probably meant Assist Trophy or something. Or maybe figured Resetti was a better idea.

I bet if Muddy was in Smash, then Opossum would get pissed everytime someone mistakes him for Monty Mole.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Aren't the Punch-Out!!!! games developed by Nintendo EAD?
Yep. Which means they are legally the easiest characters/games to get into Smash.
I checked. EAD developed Mole Mania.
Then that means Muddy Mole faces ZERO legal issues... unless he is now owned by another company, which is not the case. ;)
So guys... I just cleared Uprising.

Damn. It. This game.

My hopes for SSB4 has gone way uprising.

Almost positive Adventure Mode will be complete opposite to abdomination that was SSE.
This is my reaction to hearing this from you. This is my reaction if this is true. This is my reaction if you are dead wrong.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If the Adventure Mode in Smash 4 indeed turns out to be the opposite of Smash 4, I will love Sakurai forever
If this is true, this thread is gonna go all homo. Like, as homo as this video... minus the screeching noise! :rotfl:
Perhaps not... but sometimes Sakurai may acknowledge our ideas and give us something what we want... even if it isn't how we pictured it.

For example, many fans wanted Toon Link but they pictured Toon Link as a decloned Young Link with moves from Wind Waker. Of course Sakurai gave us Toon Link but kept him as a clone anyway.
Sakurai hasn't answered any questions regarding Smash Bros. Wii U or 3DS on his Twitter. The only game he is talking about a lot is Kid Icarus: Uprising, as well as other games. It may convince him, but I doubt it. The effort doesn't hurt, though. Still, you are right on one thing. Sakurai simply always adds the most popular 5 or so characters and concepts.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
LOL at those two pics :laugh:

BTW, I know everyone else has said this already but still, Adventure Mode has just GOTTA some actual Nintendo-themed backdrops and enemies in Adventure Mode. I think Feyesh has to be one of the worst enemies I've ever seen in a video game

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If Mii got playable at SSB4,I will main my Amy Wine House Mii. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is what the Legend of Zelda is really like.
BTW, I know everyone else has said this already but still, Adventure Mode has just GOTTA some actual Nintendo-themed backdrops and enemies in Adventure Mode. I think Feyesh has to be one of the worst enemies I've ever seen in a video game
Just eliminate the Subspace world, and make everything happen in the actual Nintendo universes, as well as the 3rd party universes that have characters in smash.[COLLAPSE="That way we can:"]
  • Go through the Mushroom Kingdom as Donkey Kong, Wario, Sonic, and Mega Man
  • Ride Mine Carts on Donkey Kong Island as Peach, Bowser, Mario, and Link
  • Explore Hyrule Field as Ganondorf, Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, and Ness (that ain't Eagleland!)
  • Explore a Space Station/Zebes as Link, Toon Link, Pit, and Pikachu
  • Go through a Star Fox battle as Mewtwo, Lucas, Captain Falcon, and the Ice Climbers
  • Explore some Pokémon location as Ness, Mario, Mr. Game and Watch, and Marth
  • Run through Green Hill Zone as Mario, Luigi, Snake, and Mega Man
  • Explore Shadow Moses Island as Sonic, Mega Man, Mario, and Captain Falcon
[/COLLAPSE]If you don't want that, there is something wrong with you! :laugh:[COLLAPSE="This picture made me laugh"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
LOL at those two pics :laugh:

What do you think of monoeyes?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Make Great Maze a seperate mode and make it like Great Cave Offense. :troll:

(As in you can collect things such as trophies that are exclusively unlocked through that.)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ummm, yeah, Pieman, I'm pretty sure that was a major problem in the SSE, the lack of Nintendo worlds. So keep dem eyes of yours firmly in place. They weren't the ONLY problem though, I'll give you that

@disfunk- Wait, what do you mean by that? "Monoeyes"?

@John- Yes please

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SSE's problems were not stemmed form a lack of Nintendo worlds. >_>
No, but adding those locations with the "feel" of said series, enemies, etc would be fix a lot of the issues. Adding elements like a real mine cart trip in a Donkey Kong stage straight out of Donkey Kong Country, various power ups in a classic Super Mario Bros. 3 level (Racoon Snake FTW!), or all kinds of Zelda enemies like straight out of a 2D or 3D Zelda translated into a Zelda II-esk version of Smash, etc.

Overall the SSE's problems were lack of originality, it felt bland (the enemies, most of the bosses, the story), it was repetitive (the story, the GREAT FRIGGEN MAZE,) and it really didn't do anything that the Melee Adventure Mode didn't already do. Also, the bosses were lackluster. The generic bosses were dumb, while Nintendo bosses like Ridley, Meta Ridley, Petey Piranha, Porky, Rayquaza had great elements, but felt like they could use a few more parts, HP, etc. Tabuu I felt was the best executed boss.
Please no Great Maze.
The Great Maze - Great President or Greatest President=???

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, that would just be a way to make a Super Mario Bros. 3 Adventure Mode area feel more Super Mario Bros. 3-ish. It would make it kinda feel like you are playing that game, yet it would still totally be smash. Does that make sense=??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom