• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Well, King K. Rool has always been kinda insane/crazy while still being evil. He is kinda like Ghirahim or Zant in that regard, although more in a psychopathic way.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Maybe some humor influence from the cartoon.

"WHY NOOOOOOOOOOOT?!"

:awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehehe. One of the story mode stages should have K. Rool sitting on a throne in the background, pointing a finger at you and ordering more Kremlings to attack you. Then eventually he'll hop off and join the fight himself I GUESS.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
KingK. Rool for Sm4sh!

If K. rool got in Sm4sh he might finally get a really good shot at being in a new DK game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well, King K. Rool has always been kinda insane/crazy while still being evil. He is kinda like Ghirahim or Zant in that regard, although more in a psychopathic way.
Yea, there's something vile about him even though he has really silly moments. I'd say put him in a similar category to Wario and Samurai Goroh when it comes to personality, as well as Zant and Ghirihim. I don't see that in Dedede; he seems more lighthearted.

@Kantrip: they likely won't be basing K. Rool off that image anyway. I'm positive it'll be based off his recent look. Looks more muscular, and a BIT less silly. I hope they emphasize his tail though--without it he looks like a frog.

[COLLAPSE="K.rool"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Ignore the egyptian outfit btw.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Yea, there's something vile about him even though he has really silly moments. I'd say put him in a similar category to Wario and Samurai Goroh when it comes to personality, as well as Zant and Ghirihim. I don't see that in Dedede; he seems more lighthearted.
Yeah, although I must say Wario isn't really evil. He just likes to piss people off for no reason. He is also greedy and nasty, something K. Rool isn't.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Man the cartoon made me love the Donkey Kong series x10000 times more. The cartoon is why I want King K. Rool.
I have only seen a few episodes from the cartoon. But I really like the cartoon and think its funny. (or is it the YTP's that are funny...)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah, although I must say Wario isn't really evil. He just likes to piss people off for no reason. He is also greedy and nasty, something K. Rool isn't.
I know Wario's not evil, but he and K.Rool do have a nastiness about them (not hygeinically speaking), and they're both ruthless and can be brutal as well as unforgiving at times. K.Rool's obsession with blowing up DK's home shows how much he's willing to throw away based on grudges.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I know Wario's not evil, but he and K.Rool have a do have nastiness about them (not hygeinically speaking), and they're both ruthless and can be brutal as well as unforgiving at times. K.Rool's obsession with blowing up DK's home shows how much he's willing to throw away based on grudges.
True.

The DK cartoon actually was kinda cool. Cranky was awesome in it too. I'd actually like if Cranky was a newcomer in Smash 4, although it won't happen since we will get Dixie and K. Rool before him. He would be the first old character in the roster, attacking people with his cane. Now that I think of it, he would make a really great AT.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember reading something from Chronobound regarding this in the K. Rool moveset he made, but I'm fairly confident K. Rool's design will be at least, if not entirely based on his original DKC look. Rare's design features his more iconic physical traits more prominently than Paon's design, in regard to his bloodshot eye and golden armor.

Fun fact, K. Rool was first featured without a tail in the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, due to model issues (same reason his cape was shorter there, and absent entirely in Super Sluggers).

Part of the reason I adore the character so much is the combination of ruthlessness and comedy the character offers. Hopefully both are conveyed through Smash instead of him being dismissed as a joke villain, which would be a pretty one-dimensional depiction.

yani

Smash Lord
I have only seen a few episodes from the cartoon. But I really like the cartoon and think its funny.
I'm pretty sure most if not all episodes are on Youtube (there was only two seasons) so I recommend watching them all! Fantastic show!!

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
True.

Cranky was awesome in it too. I'd actually like if Cranky was a newcomer in Smash 4, although it won't happen since we will get Dixie and K. Rool before him. He would be the first old character in the roster, attacking people with his cane. Now that I think of it, he would make a really great AT.
I agree, CRANKY 4 SM4sh!! I can just imagine him flying around in a wheelchair or something.

Jakor

Smash Ace
K. Rool is actually my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. If he doesn't get in, I will be seriously furious and outraged.

I also like his old Rare look better. For his Final Smash, he could take on this form:

Which would act in a similar fashion to Warioman and Giga Bowser.

I wonder if peoples' preferences on K.Rool's looks depend on their dislike of DK's post Rare era. Don't get me wrong I love DKC 1and 2 (sorry 3), but I don't think K.Rool's current look is bad, unlike Banjo and Kazooie.
Well, I don't think his new look is bad either, and I wouldn't mind if it was used instead of his old one. But I just prefer his old look better.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I remember reading something from Chronobound regarding this in the K. Rool moveset he made, but I'm fairly confident K. Rool's design will be at least, if not entirely based on his original DKC look. Rare's design features his more iconic physical traits more prominently than Paon's design, in regard to his bloodshot eye and golden armor.

Fun fact, K. Rool was first featured without a tail in the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, due to model issues (same reason his cape was shorter there, and absent entirely in Super Sluggers).

Part of the reason I adore the character so much is the combination of ruthlessness and comedy the character offers. Hopefully both are conveyed through Smash instead of him being dismissed as a joke villain, which would be a pretty one-dimensional depiction.
I miss the golden armor look. I think they should definitley have the belly armor, eye tic and cape (obviously) based off his Rareware days. I also think that his physique from the recent depictions should stay--the arms in particular. He's basically egg-shaped in Rareware's artwork. Basically, take inspiration from both looks, and add a slight bit of their own touches to make K.Rool blend in with the SSB universe.

I wonder if peoples' preferences on K.Rool's looks depend on their dislike of DK's post Rare era. Don't get me wrong I love DKC 1and 2 (sorry 3), but I don't think K.Rool's current look is bad, unlike Banjo and Kazooie.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
K. Rool is actually my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. If he doesn't get in, I will be seriously furious and outraged.

I also like his old Rare look better. For his Final Smash, he could take on this form:

Which would act in a similar fashion to Warioman and Giga Bowser.
K.Rool is also one of my most wanted Newcomer for SM4sh.

His Final SMash should either be that, or his evil scientist look.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I have a strong dislike for K. Rool's lack of a tail in his new design (outside the cartoon; in the context of the show, it's understandable), as well as how he essentially looks like a ball of dough. Not that he's lean by any means in his Rare design, but the golden armor really emphasizes his muscle-bound physique, while the Paon version makes him look like a generic fatass.

The one aspect of the Paon design I can agree to keeping is his more muscular arms. Also, in his Smash design, I would not be surprised if K. Rool was given actual claws, which he does not possess in either of his current designs (I don't think any of the Kremlings do, for that matter).

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I love K. Rool's Rare design as well. The Golden armor just looks so cool. Although, I never even knew that K. Rool had a tail.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I have a strong dislike for K. Rool's lack of a tail in his new design (outside the cartoon; in the context of the show, it's understandable), as well as how he essentially looks like a ball of dough. Not that he's lean by any means in his Rare design, but the golden armor really emphasizes his muscle-bound physique, while the Paon version makes him look like a generic fatass.

The one aspect of the Paon design I can agree to keeping is his more muscular arms. Also, in his Smash design, I would not be surprised if K. Rool was given actual claws, which he does not possess in either of his current designs (I don't think any of the Kremlings do, for that matter).
He has claws in the paon look and the kritters do too. I hope that claws carry into Smash because of the obvious fighting potential. But yea, they should emphasize the muscle and scales since they did with Bowser. It would be disappointing if he has the fat villain vibe.

And, have some cool, dramatic-looking cape animations.

D

Deleted member

I would imagine that K. Rool would be made more "Brawlified" like Bowser and the Kongs in the next Smash. However, I'm indifferent on the tail issue. I actually completely forgot he used to have a tail, I'm so used to his new design and the DKC cartoon. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would think the tail would be included for having move potential, similar to his claws. Tail whips seem to be very convenient Down Tilts, and likely won't interfere with his model much.

CAB77

Smash Rookie
The Giegue Thing

Not before Impa is the spiritual successor to Sheik.

Though yeah, I suppose it could work. But then I'd rather also actually have Mewtwo back himself as a clone. It's still interesting as an idea. But Porky would probably be chosen first as a Mother villain. A Giygas inspired alternate outfit would also be awesome for Mewtwo. As I doubt myself he'd not get included after being demanded so much. But I really wouldn't be upset with this either actually

Would maybe be hypocritical if I did?

:phone:
Porky would be very interesting if they got a moveset figured out for him. Final Smash is a given with the Absolutely Safe Capsule I suppose, but I don't know what else could work for him. But if I think they could make Giegue a moveset it's only rational to think the same as Porky!

But moveset wise, how would Giegue play? Similar to Mewtwo? I'd much rather just have Duster or Fassad w/Salsa. Much more interesting than anything Mewtwo or Giegue could bring back to the table.
Well I figured Giegue could be a sort of spiritual successor to Mewtwo in that he physically resembled him and used psychic powers. Perhaps voiced by the same voice actor or something. I am not suggesting his moveset be a rip-off of Mewtwo's, only that it may make slight nods.

I imagine Giegue as a lighter, faster, slightly more powerful version of Mewtwo--basically take everything that made Mewtwo SUCK and ... make it not SUCKY.

It was a really spur-of-the-moment thought and I've been on SUCH an Earthbound kick recently, I thought I'd share my idea. ;)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I would rather K Rool. without claws. I worry that they might make him similar to bowser if he is given claws. I want most of his moves to be his moves that were in the DKC games.

Jakor

Smash Ace
I think K. Rool would be similar to Bowser in terms of shape, although he would also be a bit lighter and faster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Indeed this is the K.Rool we need in Smash, not the PAON redesign. But luckily Sakurai is no fool regarding this. Just look at DK and Diddy in Brawl, perfectly done. I expect nothing less with King K.Rool.

Final Smash should be Blast-O-Mattic though. It has to work. Somehow.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I would rather K Rool. without claws. I worry that they might make him similar to bowser if he is given claws. I want most of his moves to be his moves that were in the DKC games.
Wolf has claws and their's no similarities, so things should be fine. Besides, unless K.Rool starts breathing fire, spinning in his shell, and K.Rool Krushing (aka Bowser Bombing), there's no need to worry. K.Rool's got a shipload of gadgets and a crown to rely on too, so no problems should come up.

D

Deleted member

Well, DK64 version had claws, and I'd rather he use them than boxing gloves...

CAB77

Smash Rookie

I absolutely hate K. Rool's new design. It's so kiddy and cartoonish, but not in a good way, if that makes sense; I am so friggin mad at Nintendo for disrespecting the wonderful world Rare created for the DK franchise!!!

They could even use all of his three looks. Don't know how it would work, but eh.
I imagined his three looks to be different costumes. I think that would be the best implementation of them.

Indeed this is the K.Rool we need in Smash, not the PAON redesign. But luckily Sakurai is no fool regarding this. Just look at DK and Diddy in Brawl, perfectly done. I expect nothing less with King K.Rool.

Final Smash should be Blast-O-Mattic though. It has to work. Somehow.

A Blast-O-Matic final smash would be amazing, and I smiled as the image created intself in my head.

Also, I hope the blunderbuss is one of his main weapons (B special or side B or something).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm hoping he gets the Blast-O-Matic, instead of just cannonball rain; if the latter occurs similarly to how the Universe leak described it, with him summoning Gangplank Galleon to randomly float in the background, it would eliminate an awesome stage concept. It also reeks of PK Starstorm clonage.

A dream Final Smash would be him summoning KAOS, but since, according to Nintendo, DKC3 doesn't exist, this is about as likely to get in as K. Rool is likely to -not- get in.

CAB77

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping he gets the Blast-O-Matic, instead of just cannonball rain; if the latter occurs similarly to how the Universe leak described it, with him summoning Gangplank Galleon to randomly float in the background, it would eliminate an awesome stage concept.

A dream Final Smash would be him summoning KAOS, but since, according to Nintendo, DKC3 doesn't exist, this is about as likely to get in as K. Rool is likely to -not- get in.
Nintendo has disowned DKC3?? What?!

Also, has K. Rool's chances really improved that much??

I've been out of the Smash loop for a while..

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm hoping he gets the Blast-O-Matic, instead of just cannonball rain; if the latter occurs similarly to how the Universe leak described it, with him summoning Gangplank Galleon to randomly float in the background, it would eliminate an awesome stage concept.

DKC3 doesnt exist? so its not cannon? if so I think thats ridiculous and I dont see why it isnt cannon.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No, no, I'm being cynical. The game was not rendered un-canon, but given how little Nintendo references it at all, what with Kiddy Kong being excluded from every following DK game and it getting no content whatsoever in Brawl, it's safe to assume K. Rool would get a final smash from DKC1 or DK64, both of which are more popular, well-known games.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wait, how doesn't DKC3 exist? I need proof.
No, no, I'm being cynical. The game was not rendered un-canon, but given how little Nintendo references it at all, what with Kiddy Kong being excluded from every following DK game and it getting no content whatsoever in Brawl, it's safe to assume K. Rool would get a final smash from DKC1 or DK64, both of which are more popular, well-known games.
NVM, I take it you're a Kiddy fan. DKC3 is hardly mentioned, but Dixie being playable could change that because its her game. Its likely to be mentioned then.

Anyway, its too late now, but if K.Rool was in Smash from the beginning it would've been cool if he was reinvented in each game, going from king to captain to baron in 64, Melee, and Brawl, with entirely new moves respectively. And in Smash4, he'd be a boxer with highly unusual moves. But, like I said its too late for that.

DKC3 exists.

It may as well not exist considering how little Nintendo references it or uses its content, but it exists.
I was editing my post, goodness gracious.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DKC3 exists.

It may as well not exist considering how little Nintendo references it or uses its content, but it exists.

I'm indifferent to Kiddy himself (although his hatred is unwarranted IMO), but I do like the level diversity DKC3 offers, as well as K. Rool's Baron design.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Ok, but what would his FS if it was based off DKC1? I don't really see anything in that game that would fit a K.rool FS.

The moves used in DKC1's final boss seem like they would be good for his normal moveset attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom