• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Given the fact that the only time SE characters appeared in other titles because SE worked on them makes me see Slime as a no show.
Well, Geno appeared in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a game that SE didn't work on. Though it was only a small cameo. So maybe we will get Geno. I'm not so sure about Slime or Cloud.

D

Deleted member

Well, Geno appeared in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a game that SE didn't work on. Though it was only a small cameo. So maybe we will get Geno. I'm not so sure about Slime or Cloud.
While Geno is a Square character, he is also a Mario character. It makes sense for him to have a licensed cameo in a Mario RPG.
But as a Mario character for Smash? WAAAAAAAY too minor of a character that has legal hurdles.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While Geno is a Square character, he is also a Mario character. It makes sense for him to have a licensed cameo in a Mario RPG.
Especially considering the game is a spiritual successor to SMRPG.

But as a Mario character for Smash? WAAAAAAAY too minor of a character that has legal hurdles.
Better get your flame shield ready. Although you are right...

I have come to think of Geno supporters like Ron Paul supporters. Both fanbases make themselves appear larger than they really are.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Has two combo movies, which is rare. (Mewtwo and Lucario had movies)
Aren't they like, pretty much the same movie anyways? Two movies, out at the same time, not because people loved him so much they wanted a sequel Two doesn't mean that much.
Is favorited by the head of Game Freak. Also, fun fact: His favorite Pokemon is also Pichu.
Good reason.
Lucario's popularity is higher than Zoroarks, so fans wouldn't want to see Lucario get replaced by Zoroark, and it's highly improbable that Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark would get in together.
This statement is ridiculous. Lucario's popularity is higher than Zoroarks, who's popularity is higher than Victinis.... obviously he is out of the question by this logic. Also, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark all being in the same game is totally plausible. The world doesn't work in your weird invisble barriers where those three cannot be in the same game together.
Victini's body style and typing can lead to a very unique character. He's also the only Pokemon that can learn three event moves that are signature to the Main Legendaries (Fusion Bolt/Flare, Searing Shot, and V-Create).
Who cares about the event moves, and, a floaty fire type isn't exactly unique. Heck, It's charizard's moves on Jigglypuff. Seriously though, it's not anything ground breaking.
Being the mascot of the 5th generation.
I would say Reshiram, Zekrom, Zoroark, and the three starters are just as much, if not more, of mascots than Victini
I just found the reasoning silly. You just prefer Victini, which is fine, but trying to MAKE UP REASONS why he is more likely/better choice is silly. The only one I think people should keep in mind is the big Pokerman guy likes him.

Otherwise, my bet is on Zoroark, and I WANT Genesect. No room for Tini on my list. Although I would defninitely not mind him.

Oh, and Geno is way cooler than Slime, Cloud, Crono, or Black Mage. You fools. I have reasoning for why he's a better choice, but I don't give a **** if anyone likes Geno or not. He's a cool cat.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have come to think of Geno supporters like Ron Paul supporters. Both fanbases make themselves appear larger than they really are.
Flame Shield up.

That's pretty funny IMO. When they Republican debate came to my campus, outside my window for about twenty minutes all I heard were people shouting "Ron Paul, Ron Paul!"

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
I guess it depends. Maybe they won't go out of their way just for him, but if any other Square Enix character is involved then I would think they would consider him too because of his relationship to Mario.

And I never really agree with arguements against characters that are too minor or obscure, given characters like Ice Climbers, Pit, Mr. G&W, ROB, and even Ness. It seems like Smash Bros. generally surves as a spring board for old, obscure fanchises. If we get Geno, we may get another Mario RPG, just as we got another Kid Icarus after two games that were made 20 years ago.

But in the end, it will all come down to legalities. Unfortunately. :c

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Otherwise, my bet is on Zoroark, and I WANT Genesect. No room for Tini on my list. Although I would defninitely not mind him.
All I want is Mewtwo. He is the only Pokémon I care about. He was the only one I used in Melee, than in Brawl he was taken from me. Want him back Sakurai.

Flame Shield up.

That's pretty funny IMO. When they Republican debate came to my campus, outside my window for about twenty minutes all I heard were people shouting "Ron Paul, Ron Paul!"
Drive around someplace and you'll find obscure Ron Paul signs in the weirdest of locations. Quite funny actually. Nothing really about politics, but just the way the fanbase acts. lol

Really though this discussion is best suited elsewhere. Only bad things come of this... >_>

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mewtwo is cool, but my personal desire atm is Genesect. I've grown out of Deoxys, and moved on to Genesect. He is my secret lover. Oasis.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
All I want is Mewtwo. He is the only Pokémon I care about. He was the only one I used in Melee, than in Brawl he was taken from me. Want him back Sakurai.
Same here.

Drive around someplace and you'll find obscure Ron Paul signs in the weirdest of locations. Quite funny actually. Nothing really about politics, but just the way the fanbase acts. lol

Really though this discussion is best suited elsewhere. Only bad things come of this... >_>
Now if only I had my car with me on campus. :p

Agreed. It's a good thing we have our Flame Shields up.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Remember when Geno said his real name was too hard to pronounce? He was lying. His real name is Ron Paul. Geno is the undying spirit of the Libertarian Party. And Smithy was a Communist.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright I've scanned the Ridley interview, there are some other interesting tidbits as well. It's rather large so I put it in a collapse box.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I would be okay with just Mewtwo returning, with the other four from Brawl. But I really doubt that will happen.

I figure it's going to be a similar situation that we saw with Lucario and Mewtwo in Brawl with Zorotini and Mewtwo in SSB4. Either together, or not Mewtwo. SSDD

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Of course there were some characters we couldn't include, but we've decided we're just not going to talk about them [Laughs]
About the only thing that caught my attention.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
GoldenYuiitusin said:
Bear in mind, Victini shares this with Reshiram and Zekrom, who are more important to B/W. Furthermore, it is not the only Legendary to get more than one movie, combo or not.
Reshiram and Zekrom probably won't be playable characters Lol... The point is that no Pokemon, legendary or not, ever had this rare event happen to them. Only Victini has a combo video, which is rare even in the movie market, due to how they're doing it (Godzilla with another Godzilla movie doesn't count, for example).

I can see him try to persuade Sakurai to include him for that reason, but at the same time, Masuda favoring Pichu in the past wasn't why Pichu was in Melee.
I never said it was the reason of Pichu's existence in Melee, that's why I said it's a fun fact :p However, he does make the say on who can and cannot go, if I'm correct (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I fail to see how this is improbable. People use the "similar body type" excuse all the time, but Victini suffers the same problem. It's pretty much Pikachu/Pichu without a tail, and intead, longer arms.
What I mean is that his body type is not as comparable as Zoroark, sorry about not clearing that up (I'm tired T_T). And you forgot that he has Wings.
1. I already covered the body issue, which is heavily flawed.
Aye.
2. Are you forgetting the event Arceus that knew not only it's signature Judgement, but Dialga's Roar of Time, Palkia's Spacial Rend, and Giratina's Shadow Force? Also, that's only two signature moves from main Legendaries. Arceus had THREE. At the same time, there was the event Darkrai that knew Roar of Time and Spacial Rend as well. This would make Victini the third Pokemon that uses signature moves of a "main" Legendary. 3. Due to the Rayquaza with V-Create, the only move that no other Pokemon can learn that Victini has is Searing Shot.
Well, ****, forgot about that event... But Darkrai doesn't count because I wasn't just labeling event moves from OTHER pokemon. I was including their own. In short, Victini's tied with Arceus. But if it was to borrowing Event moves, Arceus is in front. But he's a god, so that' kind of obvious Lol
Hardly. That's giving Vic too much credit. It's clear that Reshiram and Zekrom are the mascots of the 5th Generation at this point.
Sadly, I've heard this over and over, so once again, I bring out my reasons toward Victini's mascotism of the 5th generation.

• V is the roman numeral for "Five"
  • He's #000 in the Unova Pokedex, which has happened to not a single Pokemon.
  • He was given away just as B&W were released.
  • If you notice, his body has five "V"s (Hands when he peace signs, his feet, and his forehead).
  • Though Reshiram and Zekrom are the mascots of B&W, this does not prove they are the mascots of the entire 5th generation. No Pokemon in any series beforehand the 5th gen can say this, except Pikachu, but Victini's special treatments are very obvious that he plays a HUGE role in the 5th Generation.
  • And on the flip side, none of these comfirms Victini as the Mascot of the 5th generation. But he does have more hints than Reshy and Zekey.
Answers in red. I'm tired. Can you PM me your responses please? I wanna go to bed and dream about muffins. *leaves*

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Remember when Geno said his real name was too hard to pronounce? He was lying. His real name is Ron Paul. Geno is the undying spirit of the Libertarian Party. And Smithy was a Communist.
So I'm getting paid to spread the message of Geno? Niiiiice.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I always felt Zoroark was the Mascot of 5th Gen.

Might just be me?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He was floating in OOT though... Maybe his lightning ball wouldn't really be half as effective on the ground...? It's just stupid, cause Gdorf is sooooo much better than Sheik :/ it always bugged me tbh
I understand that Ganondorf was clearly just as important as Zelda/Link (either form), but Sheik was #5 then. And now she is just a fixture in smash. It isn't about "who represents the Zelda series;" it is who makes the best dang characters.
At this point, the only character that needs to get in from the Zelda series is Ganon. I'm talking blue pig Ganon, not "Beast Ganon" that Ganondorf turns into.

Plue pig has been in more games than Dorf, and uses a trident.
Pig Ganon would be an interesting character if he was a sole playable character (or perhaps like a transformation with Ganondorf like Zelda/Sheik).
Came here from GameFAQS to find the Impa troll. Sigh..
It's only Diddy Kong saying that here (plus a few randoms), so no worries. We have basically banned him from mentioning it. Once we get some REAL smash news, this thread will be booming with good stuffs.
Also, yay, more orchestrated soundtracks!
I always agree with statements like this... :awesome:
Tag teams are mainly meant for if two characters share the exact same attacks; Ex.: Ice Climbers. Diddy and Dixie are better off as separate entities when you think it over.
Agreed. The only duos should be the Ice Climbers (and Plusle and Minun if they ever make it), Final Smashes aside.
And Skyward Sword hasn't been kept in high regard?

Really, guys. OoT happened fourteen years ago. Move on. There's more to Zelda than that game.
Skyward Sword happened last year. Move on.

No really, Skyward Sword is toward the middle of the Zelda pack. I rank the original, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, the Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess above it. So Skyward Sword is 7th out of what? 15 Zelda games? (not counting the CD-i games or Crossbow Training). Really, Skyward Sword is a classic, but it isn't absolutely totally landscape changing like Ocarina of Time. If it was, Skyward Sword wouldn't be using the same combat system, plot formula, and 3D gameplay invented in Ocarina of Time.

Plus just because you see something as "outdated" doesn't mean it won't be in the next smash bros game. Heck, yesterday is "outdated." :glare: Do you think Sakurai will sit at his desk and go "screw this, it's outdated" all day=??? No, he'll be busy thinking of ways to blow your BRAINS OUT OF YOUR HEAD without A WEAPON!!!! :chuckle: :joyful: :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can try to smudge the name of Geno all you want

But his name isn't possible to pronounce

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can't stop. Won't stop.

Might as well ask everyone else to drop their character. :/ Just won't happen.
Yeah, I love Toon Link more than anyone here, but I'm not mentioning him every day (aside from comparing it to your love of Impa, which is becoming more and more common). Also, stop playing the "victim" role after you put it upon yourself. People called me all kinds of names for my Toon Link support, but I never played the "victim" role. I just ignored it.

Seriously dude, I hate to use this phrase because it is used for stupid things but... MAN UP!!!
Oh God no. Myself and the other people who have support Geno (at least on SmashBoards) have seldom brought Geno up (meanwhile in Impa World!). The support is large in terms of 3rd party characters, but nowhere near as big as say Mega Man. I would say the support for Geno is probably like the 20th most popular character... on the interweb! :awesome:

Geno isn't hugely popular, but amongst SNES-era gamers, Geno is hot stuff. Not as hot as Ridley, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, or Mega Man (maybe Little Mac, too), but still hot stuff! :cool:
OH PLEASE GOD NO! I don't want to be compared to Ron Paul supporters. No really, you can compare us Geno supporters to other support groups, you can even compare us to Diddy Kong's gross love for that old woman, but you can never take OUR FREEDOMMM!!!! this to the political realm. :glare:
You can try to smudge the name of Geno all you want

But his name isn't possible to pronounce
Word brah. Let's go start a gnarly Geno rally to oppose the Ron Paul rally... WITH CHAINSAWS!!! After that, we can take out all 'dem Geno hatahs... WITH THIS!!! :teeth: :p :skull: :demon: :crazy: :shades:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Last Story is coming to America, go us!

The Last Game I'll be buying for the Wii... :o Probably. Might pick up Xenoblade....maybe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just read the funniest Skyrim joke

Censored because of snotty little kids that read these forums

I used to be a nerd like you, but then I took a vagina to the penis.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Shortie
Yeah I'm gonna have to consider getting the Last Story. I still need to get both No More Heroes titles, Donkey Kong Country Returns, NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, and maybe a few other games. I may also get Xenoblade and both No More Heroes games.
so should I make my roster here or somewhere else :) I wanna make one with explanations, and I want your guys' take on it.

Pssst... It's characters I want AND that I think would be likely.
Post any roster. We here LOVE ROSTERS... as long as it's not crap like Count Chocula like some guy posting movesets for last summer/fall on this thread! :laugh:

@ Psycho
The best Skyrim joke=???
[COLLAPSE="Here it is!!!..."]
[/COLLAPSE]

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Mewtwo is cool, but my personal desire atm is Genesect. I've grown out of Deoxys, and moved on to Genesect. He is my secret lover. Oasis.
Noooooooo no no no no no.

Genesect is my secret lover. But seriously though, Genesect is awesome. Literally one of the only legendaries I've had overwhelmingly positive feelings about (along with Meloetta and Deoxys). Bug/Steel prehistoric murder machine. Mother. F*cker.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
I just read the funniest Skyrim joke

Censored because of snotty little kids that read these forums

I used to be a nerd like you, but then I took a vagina to the penis.
Not as good as the Batman one.

"I used to be a kid, then I took a bullet to the parents."

Anyways now that Smash 4 is finally entering production I'm interested. I'm hoping Victini will get in and not Zoroark because he sucks. I can see Waddle Dee from the previous Kirby instalment making a debut. And maybe a less major character like Dillon from that new downloadable game on the 3DS will get in. Anyone else think they will fallow through with Dixie Kong this time?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dang it, I forgot about the Batman one... :facepalm:

Anyways... guys, Guys, GUYS!!! Can't we all just agree that Mewtwo should be in the next smash bros game already=???

I mean, if Mewtwo were in Brawl, we all would agree he should return anyways.

Actually, now that I think about it, most of us might agree that Roy should be in the next smash bros game (assuming his moveset was made more original in a fashion similar to Luigi or Falco).

Regardless, I is out.
~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's supposed to be Italian, which is still considered white.

He did took out Mike Tyson though...

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why do so many people who want a solution to random tripping suggest it to be "toggleable"? Lol, what kind of self-masochist would actually ALLOW that **** to be turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom