• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Other playable characters that were in the debut trailer that were in the final game were Zelda, Young Link, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Pichu.
That trailer kicks Brawl's to the curb. Such a good one. Blegh, if only we were seeing one E3 2012...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There was a video on youtube that showed the audience's live reaction to the trailer. I think SmashChu has a link to it.
http://youtu.be/thn-KLhZbeo

@4:01

The audiences reaction always cracks me up. When they finally figure out what the game is the reaction is priceless. One guy just yells out "Kirby". lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My SSB4 E3 Trailer Reveal Predictions

Villain: K. Rool (DK needs real competition)
Female: Palutena (Promotion for KI:U)
Retro: Takamaru (Most deserving retro)
New Series: Isaac (Obvious reasons)
Third Party: Megaman (The Blue Bomber needs more love)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I see they took QUITE a liking to Sheik...:troll:
Sheik was the third choice for a Zelda character pre-Melee behind Ganondorf. She was definitely very popular after Ocarina of Time was released, and was probably the second-most popular of the revealed Melee newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Sheik was the third choice for a Zelda character pre-Melee behind Ganondorf. She was definitely very popular after Ocarina of Time was released, and was probably the second-most popular of the revealed Melee newcomers.
First being Bowser, correct?

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Ancient reply:

Considering Sakurai could not get an elaborate partner-based moveset working for Brawl, I doubt this will work.

Plus, Liz is merely a staff-user, she is not offense based. This is stupid thinking on this boards part simply on the grounds of wanting more females.
What measure is this? Is it so wrong to suggest a possibility even if it's unlikely that Sakurai himself may think of it? Wouldn't that relegate us to considering only standard move sets for characters when they have the potential to be wackier and more unique?

(or maybe that's just my MYMer tendencies talking)

D

Deleted member

I never noticed Chrono saying that.

Chrono, I suggested the idea in order to deter from the "Krom replacing Ike" business. If Krom was in a tag-team, he wouldn't HAVE to be similar to Ike.
I don't mean to sound sexist, but I don't give a rat's *** if a character is female or not.

And staff user means non-offense based? So, weapons can't be used offensively now?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I love audience reactions. Can't wait for e3 2012. June right? (only 5 more months, 5, 5, 5, FIVE BE OTCHES)

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
K. Rool's heyday was pretty much from 1994-1999. After that he missed a lot of major high profile DK games (Jungle Beat and Country Returns notably).
I would hardly call Jungle Beat a major game in the ginormous Donkey Kong franchise, seeing as how it didn't even come close to selling a million units. Regardless, most everyone interested in smash over the age of 15 knows who King K. Rool is.
Snake is part of Nintendo's history as the biggest WTF uttered by fanboys ever. :awesome:
Snake got initially popular on the NES, and he was one of the many popular early NES characters. And unlike most of the popular characters then who have faded into obscurity, Snake has only gotten more and more popular over time. Even giants like Simon Belmont have fallen off their thrown.
@ Sora Sakurai, congratulations on completion of "Palutena's mirror." I believe today marks the 13th anniversary of Smash Bros., so congratulations on that as well! The more I think about it, the more I feel this day is special."

This is directly from Sakurai's Twitter. If he releases any new information regarding smash, I will post it right away. For now, all he's acknowledging is that Smash is 13 years old and that he is, in fact, done with the Pit game.
13 years=??? Yeah, this year is cursed with that number like Dan Marino was cursed by that as his jersey number! :awesome: :chuckle: :laugh:

But regardless, thanks for the info. You rock Kel.
All homo.
:awesome:

Edit: I like how the Brawl audience reaction was so amazed by the incredible new playable characters popping before their eyes that they didn't know how to react.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chrono, like Pieman said, I think the idea of the pairing isn't because Liz is a female, I think you just want to discredit anything that hurts Roy boy's chances (Don't worry, I still think he's the best choice). Anyways back to what Pieman said, it would be because the whole duo partnership is the cool new feature of that game. Sakurai tried to use the tag team feature with Diddy and Dixie, and considering Sakurai is both not one to change a character's playstyle, and not one to give up on an idea easily, it's not ENTIRELY crazy.

It would certainly be interesting, and the most anticipated playstyle for ME. (Not character) Hopefully I wouldn't be UTTERLY disappointed like I was with PT.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
im gonna bust in here and ask something random...

i dont know about this idea as i think its a bit IFFY..but

what do you guys think about being able to charge your airial attacks much like you can on the ground.

except

*it only takes half the time to charge to the max than a ground attck.
*as one is charging the character cannot fast fall and is almost floating/barley falling. for only that breif second he/she is charging.

what do you guys think?

i think i would like this depending on how this concept is executed by the developers.

if they end up doing it right it could lead to alot more veriety to a fight.

and like all moves..its an option one doesnt have to charge an airial if he/she doesnt want to...:)

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
im gonna bust in here and ask something random...

i dont know about this idea as i think its a bit IFFY..but

what do you guys think about being able to charge your airial attacks much like you can on the ground.

except

*it only takes half the time to charge to the max than a ground attck.
*as one is charging the character cannot fast fall and is almost floating/barley falling. for only that breif second he/she is charging.

what do you guys think?
i agree its a awesome idea.

D

Deleted member

Remember my de-cloned Dark Pit moveset?

Sakurai just took a dump on the idea of using specifically a Blade.

D

Deleted member

I had made a Dark Pit moveset using a Blade due to him only using a Blade in the trailers.

Now that he's shown using a Bow, let alone the SACRED BOW OF PALUTENA, my moveset is ruined.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono, like Pieman said, I think the idea of the pairing isn't because Liz is a female, I think you just want to discredit anything that hurts Roy boy's chances (Don't worry, I still think he's the best choice). Anyways back to what Pieman said, it would be because the whole duo partnership is the cool new feature of that game. Sakurai tried to use the tag team feature with Diddy and Dixie, and considering Sakurai is both not one to change a character's playstyle, and not one to give up on an idea easily, it's not ENTIRELY crazy.

It would certainly be interesting, and the most anticipated playstyle for ME. (Not character) Hopefully I wouldn't be UTTERLY disappointed like I was with PT.
No. The reason why most people have added Liz to Chrome is that they believe she is a lord. Initially when FE13 was announced, many FE fans were disappointed that Chrome was yet another blue-haired swordsman. They grasped at the thought that since Liz's artwork was on the FE13 teaser site, that meant she was a lord.

So far, it appears she is Mist. For those who don't know, Mist was Ike's sister whom used a staff. From what we know about Liz, she is Chrome's sister and uses a staff.

If Chrome was to be paired up with someone, he would be paired up with a character that would complement him offensively.

If you want a duo partnership in a character, look at Donbe & Hikari. They were the protagonists of a popular Japan-only text adventure game and have some fighting capabilities. Their game proved to be so popular that it was even remade for the Super Famicom. They even managed to cameo in a few games too (such as Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Hikari was one of the islanders in Captain Rainbow too). They were a trophy in Melee, and Donbe appeared as a sticker in Brawl as well as there being a remix of a song from their game as well (Shin Oniga Shima).

Another idea for another possible duo character would Kat & Ana. Sakurai is obviously familiar with them since they were Wario's Assist Trophy.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
Am I detecting sarcasm? :glare:
NOOO YOUR not....

lol jk actualy i was feelin your pain cause i have my wants for the game.. and even a simple character design like that could crush my dreams...:c

and no im not beign sarcastic..:awesome:

i also JUST posted an idea above this page somewhere...

D

Deleted member

NOOO YOUR not....

lol jk actualy i was feelin your pain cause i have my wants for the game.. and even a simple character design like that could crush my dreams...:c

and no im not beign sarcastic..:awesome:

i also JUST posted an idea above this page somewhere...
Ah, ok.

@Chrono: The day Donbe & Hikari make it in Smash is the day that I stop predicting anything. They're long shots among long shots.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, at least they got an awesome music remix in Brawl....Shin Oniga-Shima, right?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
^ I would say that honor belongs to Viewtiful Joe, but I'm only saying that 'cause I want him
I think he would be awesome. Definitely a contender if we can get two Capcom reps. MegaMan first, though.(so far, it seems votes go towards him when it comes to Capcom reps) Not that other characters aren't great. Morrigan Aensland, Ryu, M. Bison, Viewtiful Joe, Jill Valentine... I think that's the major ones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First being Bowser, correct?
Bowser, King DeDeDe and Mewtwo got the most votes iirc, then came like Peach, Wario, Ganondorf, Pit, Diddy, Marth and some others. Sheik was probably the third popular Zelda character, but by far not third most suggested character. There's quite some difference, and not surprising at all due to OoT's success.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I actually think Peach had the second or third most votes. Peach's got it.

Anyways, what game was Link BEST in? It might just be me, but I think it was probably 64..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dedede and Mewtwo did not get the most votes, you are confusing it with the fact that Bowser, Mewtwo, and King Dedede were planned for Smash 64.

According to tier lists, Link was the best in Melee. Every other game he was bottom tier.

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, but how do you think fire emblem's DLC will affect future nintendo games? Do you think that SSB4 will be getting DLC because of this?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh duh. Forgot about tier lists.

Yeah, Bowser, Peach, and Wario have the most votes. Bowser BY FAR.

Bowser
Peach
Wario
Dedede
Ganondorf
James Bond / Mewtwo
Toad
Mew
Marth

Just wondering, but how do you think fire emblem's DLC will affect future nintendo games? Do you think that SSB4 will be getting DLC because of this?
No I do not, but if it does, I really doubt it will be anything anyone here is going to dream up. Stages/Items AT BEST. Although I would eat up costume DLC.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well anyways, Sheik is not on that list at least, which was basically my point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom