• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
There are lot of characters people don't discuss because there positive they will be in. To name a few-

Ridley
Mega Man
King K Rool
Issac
Little Mac
Krystal
Takamaru

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard should be able to use Fire in the aid, and glide more smooth and fast but controlled. Make him heavier but floatier if they must. Two dragons is not bad to have, and we have Zard anyway.

D

Deleted member

There are lot of characters people don't discuss because there positive they will be in. To name a few-

Ridley
Mega Man
King K Rool
Issac
Little Mac
Krystal
Takamaru

Takamaru, Krystal, and Mega Man are mentioned a lot in speculation.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isaac, Krystal, and Takamaru are far from likely.

I would be surprised though if Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man did not show up.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yuui: You totally made my day with that. XDD

Reminds me of the whole mushroom pizza joke Oasis drew out. (-lvl-);

Hm, Takamaru popular in Japan? As far as I've seen, no. (-l,l-);

D

Deleted member

Isn't Takamaru ridiculously popular in Japan though? Why wouldn't we get him?
This, and the fact that he piques Sakurai's interest makes him likely.

Also, I've already covered the misconception that was "Murasame Castle must have a 2nd game for Takamaru to be considered".
It really was "If Murasame Castle got a sequel, Takamaru would be a surefire bet."

While Takamaru isn't a surefire bet (or maybe he is, if Sakurai takes Samurai Warriors 3 and his demand into account), he's still got good chances.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hm, Takamaru popular in Japan? As far as I've seen, no. (-l,l-);

He's been requested since Pre-Melee I believe.

Has Mach Rider even been requested at all?

D

Deleted member

Because he is possibly competing with Mach Rider for the "resurrection" spot.
Again, I have mentioned that Takamaru would be like R.O.B. to where he won't be fully "revived" in Sm4sh due to Samurai Warriors 3.

Besides, even you call my statement as a bluff, there's still the fact that Pit didn't stop R.O.B. or vice-versa.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Ridley
Mega Man
King K Rool
Issac
Little Mac
Krystal
Takamaru
Eh we tend not to dwell on them. However, that is especially true with K. Rool and Ridley. They are about as close to a shoe-in IMO as you can be. We tend to avoid certain retro characters (Little Mac, Takamaru) because (at least why I do it) is to avoid a "Takamaru vs. Little Mac" discussion. Rather, if we do discuss them, it is usually in someone's predicted roster.

Issac I think is more likely not to be playable. Yet when we do talk about him, it always ends up in a Matthew bashing (because GS1&2>GS3 by a long shot). Krystal we don't discuss because Sakurai admitted he had never heard of her before making Brawl's roster. Quite frankly, he isn't missing much (in terms of her as a character).
Isaac, Krystal, and Takamaru are far from likely.

I would be surprised though if Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man did not show up.
Issac and Takamaru I think could definitely make it, but I would not bet in their favor. Krystal has a shot, but not much. Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man are very likely from what I can gather. Seriously-who doesn't want any of those three (idiots aside)=???

And holy crap, there are all kinds of sirens and honking outside my house. I hope somebody didn't run into that fountain again... >.>

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Has Mach Rider even been requested at all?
If it weren't for Sakurai's comment on him from like, 10 years ago, no one would be suggesting him. Whereas Takamaru is actually a popular character that people want to see because they want to see him, not because they expect him because they think Sakurai wants him.

D

Deleted member

.....I would like Mach Rider for Mach Rider, not because Sakurai wants him.

@JohnKnight: How about people that don't want 3rd Parties in general?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tri-Hy: Hooy, I see. (-lvl-);

BTW, Sakurai said that Balloon Fighter is no no because he'd useless without his balloons. Come in Alice the Balloon Kid who had a BALLOON PUMP.

OVERRRUUUUULEEEDDDDDD---DAH!

Alice for SSB4!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd say Ghirahim, who was received even better than Midna, being in would definitely help sales. Impa, maybe, but replacing Sheik would definitely piss off some Smash Bros. fanatics.
I remember there were a few Impa supporters pre-Brawl... of course, they were also asking for Rauru, Saria, Darunia, Ruto, and/or Nabooru... but Impa stands out from the rest because she's been around since the beginning... and she's the only one who is still making appearances after Ocarina of Time, unlike the other Sages.

These are the Nintendo characters I think could help boost sales:

- Toad (one of the more famous Nintendo characters not yet playable, appeals both older fans of Super Mario Bros. 2 and younger fans of New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
- Palutena (because of Kid Icarus: Uprising, sex appeal also helps, and fans are begging for more females)
- Medusa (ditto)
- King K. Rool (because of the popularity of Rare's Donkey Kong Country games from 1994-1999)
- Diddy & Dixie (team), Dixie Kong (solo), OR Dixie & Kiddy (team) (ditto, plus Sakurai did plan to have a Kong team in Brawl at one point)
- Little Mac (because of the popularity of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and Punch-Out!! Wii)
- King Hippo (ditto, but he's one of the more famous villains of the series, there's a reason he was in the Captain N cartoon and why Nintendo would promote the Wii game with replicas of his crown and shorts)
- Meowth (because of the Pokemon anime despite not being relevant in the current games, fans also want a Pikachu vs. Meowth match)
- Mewtwo (self-explanatory)
- Zoroark, Victini, OR the 5th gen Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon fans are currently playing Black/White and having a 5th gen rep would make them more excited for Smash 4)
- Mii (there is a reason why there are more Miis than the entire human population, and it would finally let fans play as Shigeru Miyamoto, President Obama, Michael Jackson, or even yourself)
- Ridley (fans wanted Ridley ever since they saw the Melee intro)
- Takamaru (he's gained quite a following in the West even though he's probably as popular as Pit was pre-Melee in Japan...)
- Duck Hunt Dog (he's one of the more famous characters from the NES era... practically synonymous with the NES Zapper... and a lot of fans would love to have a chance to shoot the dog)

As far as third party characters are concerned...

- Mega Man (fans have been crying for Mega Man ever since he wasn't in Brawl nor Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but it's gotten worse ever since Mega Man's games got cancelled)
- Ryu (Street Fighter series is very popular and Ryu has been in nearly every crossover fighting game to date)
- Slime (Dragon Quest apparently is very, very popular in Japan and they got merchandise and games based on Slime)
- Pac-Man (while he is not as demanded as Mega Man, you have to admit he is very, very famous even with people who never played video games)
- Simon Belmont (appeals many older fans of the NES and SNES Castlevania games... there's a reason he was chosen to rep Castlevania in Dream Mix TV)
- Tails, Knuckles, OR Dr. Eggman (sigh... because they are Sonic characters... but at least these three characters were in the more popular Sonic games... the Genesis games)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If it weren't for Sakurai's comment on him from like, 10 years ago, no one would be suggesting him. Whereas Takamaru is actually a popular character that people want to see because they want to see him, not because they expect because they think Sakurai wants him.
So it's Fans vs perceived Sakurai bias, should have known. :rolleyes:

Anyway my bets are on Takamaru.

@Horsetail: Balloon Fighter would make for an interesting AT though.

D

Deleted member

Because he is possibly competing with Mach Rider for the "resurrection" spot
We don't even know if he is going to be putting in the next series he resurrect into Smash Bros. We could get Takamaru in Smash and Mach Rider be the next series he revives and vice versa.

I also don't see why Isaac is "far from likely"?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Diddy, this ain't Skyrim, Ridley isn't gonna generate hype because of people going "HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS A DRAGON", he'll generate hype because he's the mother****ing Ridley

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
Sakurai commented on Mach Rider about ten years ago (being considered as a retro character), along with the Urban Champion (that game is boring), Sukpaon (he could be fun), Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land (...why=???), and the Balloon Fighter. Ultimately, the Ice Climbers made it in the Melee roster over them.

However, Sakurai also said if Takamaru was in another game, he would probably put him in smash on his Melee site. I think he may have also mentioned he likes Takamaru.

@ Golden
I guess that is fair, although Nintendo history wouldn't be the same without Mega Man. A factor in how much a character is important to Nintendo history should be a factor in which 3rd party characters make it. Sonic was obviously Nintendo's longtime rival, and Snake was one of the original all-stars of the Nintendo. Mega Man was easily THE 3rd party all-star character on the NES and Famicom, without a doubt. I guess I kinda see these characters as Nintendo characters in some way-because they impacted Nintendo ($ talks).

@ Metal Overlord
Being a dragon helps. ;) Being a total BAMF makes you Ridley.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Arcadenik: Add Krystal to that, and agreed. Although don't forget that Waluigi has been getting some love due to not being in Mario Kart 7. I wouldn't add him to the list, but his popularity has risen ever since they put in Baby Daisy, making him look GOOD.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Diddy, this ain't Skyrim, Ridley isn't gonna generate hype because of people going "HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS A DRAGON", he'll generate hype because he's the mother****ing Ridley
Which is funny, because Ridley isn't even that big of a name when compared to like, everyone else in Smash.

The biggest hype builders though, are going to come from the DKC character(s), other villains like Ridley, Pokemon, and the off chance Mario gets another character. Oh, and Megaman, IF he gets in.

I know FOR US, we think these newcomers are all amazing, but I think for the general population, everyone really was probably content with who was in Brawl.

Were the IC's revealed in the Melee trailer?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@ Oasis
Sakurai commented on Mach Rider about ten years ago (being considered as a retro character), along with the Urban Champion (that game is boring), Sukpaon (he could be fun), Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land (...why=???), and the Balloon Fighter. Ultimately, the Ice Climbers made it in the Melee roster over them.

However, Sakurai also said if Takamaru was in another game, he would probably put him in smash on his Melee site. I think he may have also mentioned he likes Takamaru.
AGAIN, you're confusing him with the Excited Biker. Sakurai said Mach Rider was his "favorite character for Smash 2."

D

Deleted member

We don't even know if he is going to be putting in the next series he resurrect into Smash Bros. We could get Takamaru in Smash and Mach Rider be the next series he revives and vice versa.

I also don't see why Isaac is "far from likely"?
Was the article that shortie posted ignored?
Sakurai clearly said that if there was another character he wanted to revive, he would do it in the next Smash.

Also, I couldn't help but notice you using Soul Calibur 2 as an arguement to why Snake and Sonic are unlikely to return.
Worst. Argument. You. Could. Make!
Name the systems that SC2 were on: GCN, PS2, Xbox.
Name the system that SC3 was on: PS2.
CLEARLY, the SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE guests, Link, and Spawn couldn't return, and as for Heihachi, he was the least popular of the guests, and anyways, plotwise, he returned to his home time at the end of SC2.

There's a reason why guests don't stay for sequels of SC, other than system issues like Link and Spawn. It's because canonwise, they LEAVE to their homeworlds and times after the events of the game are over.
Where are Snake and Sonic at the end of the SSE? Standing with the other characters watching the sunset.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The characters that were shown for Melee's unveil were:
Bowser
Peach
Ice Climbers
Sheik

Zelda was not shown until October (a month before the Japanese release) I think.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Which is funny, because Ridley isn't even that big of a name when compared to like, everyone else in Smash.
Well I would have to say that before appearing in Smash, Ridley now was definitely more popular than all of the forgotten retro characters that weren't game and watch.

Again, once a character is added, they make people who have never heard of them hyped to play them. I had never heard of this "Fire Emblem" or this "Roy," but damn if I wasn't hyped to play a red head BAMF who wears armor and shoots flames out of his sword. I also wanted to totally play Mr. Game and Watch, because 2D characters=hype.
The biggest hype builders though, are going to come from the DKC character(s), other villains like Ridley, Pokemon, and the off chance Mario gets another character. Oh, and Megaman, IF he gets in.
I think that the Pokémon, Donkey Kong characters, and above all, 3rd party characters will get the most hype (especially a certain blue cyborg).
I know FOR US, we think these newcomers are all amazing, but I think for the general population, everyone really was probably content with who was in Brawl.
Yes, but you can't have too much. Bigger is better... in terms of character roster, at least... ;)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shortie: I was only content with Diddy and Dedede.

Oasis: So why he still uses Ice Climbers? They now seem dry white wafers to me at this point.

Yuui: Nownow, we don't Smash Bros to gradually turn into Dream Mix Tv Fighters. Really.
Megaman, and then NO MORE 3rd Parties. This a Nintendo-exclusive crossover, you know.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would guess Takamaru would be shown (Unless he did two retros?) in the reveal Trailer.

Villain: K. Rool/Ridley
Female: Krystal/PalMed (You Choose)
Retro: Takamaru
Random: Dixie/Toad/someone else
Third Party: Megaman/None

D

Deleted member

Yes, because Samus' archnemesis that keeps coming back to fight another day, the one who orphaned Samus, the one who frequently appears in the Metroid series in some form, is LEAGUES behind the likes of characters like Ike, Pit, Ivysaur, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, etc.

Ridley is as much a name as King K. Rool.

Saying Ridley isn't a big name is saying K. Rool isn't.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
AGAIN, you're confusing him with the Excited Biker. Sakurai said Mach Rider was his "favorite character for Smash 2."
Are you sure=??? (although I did forge the Excite Biker, thanks). By the way, an Excite Bike stage would be awesome.
There's a reason why guests don't stay for sequels of SC, other than system issues like Link and Spawn. It's because canonwise, they LEAVE to their homeworlds and times after the events of the game are over.
Where are Snake and Sonic at the end of the SSE? Standing with the other characters watching the sunset.
To add to your point, the difference is that Smash Bros.' home world is the home worlds of the playable characters, aside from that awful story mode land game thing nobody likes.
2 new Third Parties would still be fine. Mega Man, and whatever you can find, really.
Most of us agree on this.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis: So why he still uses Ice Climbers? They now seem dry white wafers to me at this point.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Though, come to think of it Mach Rider would be a lot like the Ice Climbers. They're both relatively unknown characters that would only be chosen because they're ~*interesting*~.

I'm running out of these Mad Max pictures. Damn it Google!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
K. Rool is much bigger. His series has sold about three times as many units, and he is always the main villain in Donkey Kong Country series games, DKC Returns aside.

The original Donkey Kong Country alone sold something like 15 million units. That is about how many units the entire Metroid franchise has sold. Ridley is big, for sure, but he's not that big. K. Rool is a giant in Nintendo's history, and probably the third biggest Nintendo villain (behind Bowser and Ganon/Ganondorf; I don't consider a Pokémon a villain). Ridley is like the 4th or 5th biggest villain, up there with King Dedede, which is still a nice spot.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Saying Ridley isn't a big name is saying K. Rool isn't.
Not really, considering I'm pretty sure DKC has sold a ****load more than Metroid. But fine, K. Rool AND Ridley aren't that big compared to most in Brawl. VEry confident in that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom