• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
@APEX topic : APEX was ****ing epic. That is all. I watched ALL the matches and I was pretty damn sleepy but it was worth it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@APEX topic : APEX was ****ing epic. That is all. I watched ALL the matches and I was pretty damn sleepy but it was worth it.
I didn't watch many matches but I'll take your word for it they looked pretty good, so what went down last night? I heard that a lot of Kid Icarus discussion was going on.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I watched a few matches, but not many. But from what I saw, it WAS pretty Sweet. :awesome:

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Snorlax for ssb4

Not exactly what I had in mind... :awesome:
But regardless, I'm glad somebody said something.

And... it's right back to Pokémon Tower. DEAD QUIET. FUUUUUUUU-! ...Now I know how Metal feels... :c

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You sure like to talk a lot while I'm sleeping.

Lol yeas I know she has no chance in ssb4 I just wanted to suport something lol.

Hes been in more games than she has.I think it would be cool to see if they can fit him in the game.Im sure they can.
No chance sounds too extreme. Maybe more like, Rosalina's chances are quite small, at best.

Wait, I thought the theory was:

Hero
Sidekick
Villain
Sidekick

Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Leon. But no, people want Krystal over Leon.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
What is his twitter name ?? i found one.Sora_Sakurai is that it?

Lol I just found out Rosalina was in mario kart 7 so shes been in... about 5 games.

Mabe 6 if she is in mario party 9.

Even tho she has little to no chance,I't would be cool to see her get in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well Rosalina was planned for Brawl as a Assist Trophy
I once recalled hearing that Darkrai was planned to appear in Brawl as a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Maybe it'll pop up in Smash 4 as a Poke Ball Pokemon, and use Dark Void to put your foes to sleep. And while they're sleeping, they'll take damage, due to Darkrai's Bad Dreams ability.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Was she :urg: i didin't know that....Well mabe she will have a chance this time?.:)
Still, her chances aren't all that strong. Waluigi got the Assist Trophy treatment, because despite of his common spin-off appearances, he never made any mainstream appearances. Heck, he's not even an employee of WarioWare, Inc., which could've helped him out greatly.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Still, her chances aren't all that strong. Waluigi got the Assist Trophy treatment, because despite of his common spin-off appearances, he never made any mainstream appearances. Heck, he's not even an employee of WarioWare, Inc., which could've helped him out greatly.
What would his microgame catergory have been? DisGROSSting? :troll:

I don't think Rosalina will be playable, but out of all of Galaxy, she has the best shot, so she'll probably be an AT.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Oh that is true..I think Krystal has more of a chance this time....They could all ways give Peach Rosalinas costume.Or as a AT...Either way it would be cool to see her get in some how.

What about Pauline?

Pauline debuted in the 1981 arcade game Donkey Kong as the very first damsel-in-distress in any video game made before that time.

Pauline appeared in the Mario Breakout mode of Pinball (game), where she was held on many blocks breakable by Mario, and had to be caught by him before she hit the floor to win.

After this, Pauline was dropped as damsel and love interest to Mario (in favor of Princess Peach), and was not featured in a Mario game for ten years.

Eventually, Pauline was given a complete redesign and was featured in the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong, also known as Donkey Kong '94. In this retelling of Donkey Kong, Mario pursues the big ape (and his son Donkey Kong Jr.)

Pauline made her next reappearance twelve years after Donkey Kong '94, in Mario vs. Donkey Kong : March of the Minis.May 24, 2004

Pauline appears again as the victim of Donkey Kong's kidnapping antics in Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis 2.Sep 25, 2006

Pauline returns once again in Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!. Nov 14, 2010)

Pauline appeared as a regular character in the Mario series episodes within the Saturday Supercade show produced by Ruby-Spears. Voiced by Judy Strangis, Pauline played the role as Mario's assistant or partner, she is often seen to be alongside him in the various episodes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Were mostly going to get Comet Observatory as a Stage
It would be disturbing if Rosalina isn't playable if the Comet Observatory is a stage. On the other hand, Brawl had Smashville, but no Animal Crossing reps.

Oh that is true..I think Krystal has more of a chance this time....They could all ways give Peach Rosalinas costume.Or as a AT...Either way it would be cool to see her get in some how.
I had that same thought for Rosalina being an alternate outfit for Peach, but after some discussions, it was concluded that that idea would be a bad one to implement. It's sad, but true, but if you're not convinced, speak with Metal Overlord, and you'll get the same results as me.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I't would be strang to have Comet Observatory as a Stage,And not have Rosalina as a playable character.

Yeah i started to think the same thing Rosalinas costume wouldin't be right on Peach.

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
How that strange ? we got Isle Delfino and no Bowser jr.
It just a rep for Mario lastest game on the home console
Like Peach Caslte - N64
Isle Delfino - GC
Comet Observatory - Wii

yani

Smash Lord
Last time I checked, Toon Zelda was also in Wind Waker.

It does not matter that Toon Sheik did not exist because Sakurai apparently thought it would not be Zelda unless she had Sheik attached.
Could it be possible that Toon Shiek was planned and than scrapped because there is no Toon Shiek? For 64 he didn't know Link couldn't use a boomerang as an adult in OoT. Maybe he didn't play WW yet and assumed there was a Toon Shiek. Just a thought.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Keep in mind that Meta Knight, Pit, and Wario were among the most requested newcomers for Brawl, so hopefully, a few really requested newcomers get confirmed in June. I am definitely thinking Mega Man will be among them.
About that...
The thing people forget is how close Sonic got in by. Note that Sonic was the most requested character by a long shot. And he only barely made it in. Megaman's request is comparable to other Nintendo characters like Ridley, K. Rool and maybe Little Mac. It's not like he is on top of the world like Sonic was. Megaman will never be Sonic popular. And seeing as Sakurai is very conservative with third party characters, I would say it's not as likely as you think.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Lol well i wasin't thinking of Bowser jr going with Isle Delfino...I just thought it was a nother mario stage.

If we got Comet Observatory...You would think We would get Rosalina,Either as a AT or
playable.

yani

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same thing Chu. Who even knows if Sakurai will even approach Capcom let alone early in development. I don't think we'll see any 3rd party at launch unless it confirms the return of the two we have

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
I like Rosalina myself but I'm not seeing her as a playable
I could see her as AT

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That you guys actually believe in a Toon Sheik... I'd bet on SO much that it was Tetra. She was hugely popular, and could easily have a pirate based moveset which in the end could've resembled Sheiks style a bit. Having a Toon Sheik when there's Tetra is just ridiculous. Especially with that Pirate Ship stage.

Snorlax for ssb4

I've been saying that to some times here. He could easily pass of as a Luigifed Jigglypuff half clone with his moveset. Rest for Down B for example, which'd be a healing move. Mega Punch for Side B which would literally be Pound, but double damage, half the speed, just not so good as Jiggz Pound is in the air. Up B would be Body Slam however, and it'd be a strong attack, but slow- not good for recovery actually. B could also even be Roll Out, but with super armor frames and being much slower to charge in general as well as reduced speed in the actual attack. His other moves would resemble Jigglypuff's as well a lot (except for moves as Up Tilt) but he obviously wouldn't jump as her and be by far the heaviest fighter. There's also a possibility that grabs just wouldn't work on him as a extra ability.

I would like Snorlax better than Meowth I think if we would get another Gen 1 rep who isn't Mewtwo. But hopefully it'll be Mewtwo. Don't like Snorlax THAT much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think I've heard that name come up anywhere yet. Who is that character?
Welcome to the thread by the way. :)

ChillinPuma

Smash Rookie
D

Deleted member

Marina has been mentioned a few times, but it's not likely.

@SmashChu: So when did you think third-parties will be deconfirmed (if they do not return)?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If they do decide to have adventure mode multiplayer again they should allow 4 players (or 5/6, depends if they go with the portting the Gamecube was supposed to have)

yani

Smash Lord
@SSBF I'm sure it would be as early as possible to avoid so many 3rd party votes if there is a poll planned

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sakurai actually didn't know of Krystal until fans started asking for her on his questionaire, months AFTER the roster had been finalized. So, no, she just was never even considered. Until now that is.

Does Impa have a fight scene or something in SS or something? Because so far, as far as my brother has played, she's done less than Sheik. (At least Sheik teaches you songs) and lol at Impa being unique, but wanting her to replace Sheik. Makes no sense.
To be more specific, it looks like Krystal was considered past the point where they would add characters (minus Sonic and possibly Wolf). Sakurai did mention that for practical purposes, he had to stop adding content at some point in development.

And yes, Impa does fight. It's not something super, but in comparison to Sheik, you see her performing high jumps and a barrier like attack that looks like a mix of Mirror Force, Hadouken, and he SF twin's double palm strike. Compared to Sheik, she has way more action scenes.
Can we please go for a week or so without a Sheik Vs. Impa debate? I am tired of having to see the same thing every day with no progress being made. It's not fun anymore, it's repetitive and almost painful at times. And it is rare of me to get tired ofa character topic.
What, and you'd rather have yet another Pokemon/Fire Emblem debate?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To be more specific, it looks like Krystal was considered past the point where they would add characters (minus Sonic and possibly Wolf). Sakurai did mention that for practical purposes, he had to stop adding content at some point in development.

And yes, Impa does fight. It's not something super, but in comparison to Sheik, you see her performing high jumps and a barrier like attack that looks like a mix of Mirror Force, Hadouken, and he SF twin's double palm strike. Compared to Sheik, she has way more action scenes.

I rather have this Sheik/Impa debate tbh LOL

Brawl is sooo unfinished, I want someone to interview Sakurai and ask what all was really supposed to be in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

KumaOso said:
Along with other topics, but yes, even those are less cyclical. Although we should try a different topic since that is not saying much.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Brawl is sooo unfinished, I want someone to interview Sakurai and ask what all was really supposed to be in Brawl.
I agree. At least it's not a Toad/Waluigi debate. :troll:

I'd really like to see what was planned in the original idea.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Less cyclical? Every pokemon debate looks the exact same. Only thing that changes are pokemon names in the debate.

Want a new topic?

Talk about the event mode or something loool, bring back fights on trophies and make those trophies actual stages you can choose in versus mode. It's EASY to talk about something other than characters.

Forreal, those trophy stages were legit in Melee.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

At least the Sheik/Impa debate can take balance into consideration.

Brawl is definitely unfinished. I remember trying out Brawl+ once and being surprised that the AI was very good, perhaps a little too good. Led me to think that the hitstun was higher at one point and then it got scrubified someone along the line.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
At least the Sheik/Impa debate can take balance into consideration.

Brawl is definitely unfinished. I remember trying out Brawl+ once and being surprised that the AI was very good, perhaps a little too good. Led me to think that the hitstun was higher at one point and then it got scrubified someone along the line.
I AGREE, the AI in Brawl+ was ****. It made me feel horribleeeeeee at first LOL. I def. think more hitstun was meant or was in Brawl, that's why the CPUs try to tech everytime they're sent in the air.

Not seem patronizing but I'll explaining teching because I think some of you won't know what I mean. Teching or Ukemi, is when you are falling to ground and you catch yourself (press whatever button your shield is set to) and are able to roll or stand in place or else you hit the ground in the wake up state where you have either get up attack, wake up, or roll away as options. All a very rigged rock-paper game.

Oh and yeah at least I something new from the Impa/Shiek debate. :smirk:

EDIT: After Apex I feel I should help any understanding of the game if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom