• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, that makes sence I guess. Still, Wolf was a rather late addition. I guess he still preferred Wolf over her then...

Impa is Zelda's bodyguard and could easily be coupled with Zelda to remain the same envisioned play style. It's really late here, and I'm tired. Will reply when I'm awake again.

I'll have to add though that because Impa is still so recent with this role it'll boost get chances. I think certain retro characters are much more of a gamble to add in questioning their estimated popularity. Impa is a pretty safe bet.

Especially considering he added in Ike. Ike's games both sold pretty badly in comparison to most other Fire Emblems.
I really should sleep now...

:phone:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
So wait, the roster was finalized before development began if I'm correct, right?
I say this cause didn't Brawl development began in October 2005?

D

Deleted member

I swear if I have to put up with Krystal, I should be able to have Shadow to ease the pain...
Sad thing is, regardless of my feeling about her being in Smash, it's starting to look like a complete possiblity...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, that makes sence I guess. Still, Wolf was a rather late addition. I guess he still preferred Wolf over her then...

Impa is Zelda's bodyguard and could easily be coupled with Zelda to remain the same envisioned play style. It's really late here, and I'm tired. Will reply when I'm awake again.
Nope, he was one of the last characters finished, but Sakurai has stated that there were NO LATE ADDITIONS, besides Sonic (Who is probably ONE of the reasons we lost Mewtwo/Roy)

Again, you don't realize why this doesn't work. You sound like me a year ago when I was pushing Krystal's importance and how she should have been in over Falco. Even if it IS TRUE Impa is more important, in Smash, she is not. Which is all that matters.

So wait, the roster was finalized before development began if I'm correct, right?
I say this cause didn't Brawl development began in October 2005?
If that's true, I mixed up roster finalization date with something else. But the roster was definitely done before development.

D

Deleted member

While I'm probably pushing it, but I'm theorizing that Doc could've been added as well.
Given that Doc was an easy character to make in Melee due to sharing Mario's model, wouldn't it be the same for Brawl?

(That, and Mewtwo being added would make Pokemon have more roster slots than Mario, so Doc could've made them equal again)

EDIT: I remember seeing that the Roster had been decided upon in 2006, but Sonic was added later in 2007.
Another theory I have is that if Mega Man was decided upon along with Sonic, we wouldn't have had Toon Link or Wolf either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Krystal being in over Falco has its point though. Difference between Krystal vs Falco and Impa vs Sheik is that Falco still has that advantage of appearing more often. Impa vs Sheik is the other way around.

It seems to have left you quite bitter though.

I have better points about 10 pages back. I'm really tired, and thinking about this kinda keeps me awake so... Coming back tomorrow for this.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal being in over Falco has its point though. Difference between Krystal vs Falco and Impa vs Sheik is that Falco still has that advantage of appearing more often. Impa vs Sheik is the other way around.
You're dancing around the major issue with your idea.

1. It's unrealistic because it (usually) calls for the butchering of Sakurai's Zelda moveset
2. You usually suggest cutting a very liked (Two time veteran) character
3. You suggest replacing said character with one who isn't even that popular, and as far as I know, hasn't even show up as a trophy in Smash.
4. Smash importance comes before CANON importance.

It seems to have left you quite bitter though.
People who say that tend to be the most bitter of them all. And no, I'm not bitter! I'm back in my own apartment, two of my classes this semester are ART related, none are math or english, and my character actually has a decent shot at being playable.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai is going to hear Diddy's Impa suggestion and put her in just to :troll: us all. I mean he was going to have Toon Sheik over Tetra.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Sakurai is going to hear Diddy's Impa suggestion and put her in just to :troll: us all. I mean he was going to have Toon Sheik over Tetra.
He should bring that concept back, and change it to Toon Impa!

Haven't really followed this too closely.. Anyone consider Andy from Advance Wars? Dude packs a mean wrench.
You've posted six times... but are a premium member?..

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Haven't really followed this too closely.. Anyone consider Andy from Advance Wars? Dude packs a mean wrench.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We discussed Famicom Wars a few pages back. The consensus seems to be that there is little hope for a playable character for that series.

Also, the fact that Sakurai was even planning a Toon Sheik (a character that did not even exist in any Zelda) goes to show that Sakurai considers Sheik to be an integral part of Zelda. Toon Sheik did not even exist, and Toon Zelda's canonical alterego was Tetra.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm almost 96% sure Toon "Sheik" was Tetra, and that Toon Zelda / Tetra could've replaced Zelda / Sheik as a concept. Not Zelda herself. Sakurai got a chance to be lazy though with that Sheik design popping up. I'm sure with cuts already considered, Sheik could've easily be one of them.

And Impa will already be "Toon" cause her most major appearance is Skyward Sword :troll: and its a perfect reason to have her.

Impa having no trophy in Brawl is likely cause 99% of the Zelda trophies are from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, the games the characters where 'supposely' inspired on.

Time will tell. But I'd personally really feel trolled myself with having Sheik YET AGAIN over a newer character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Impa having no trophy in Brawl is likely cause 99% of the Zelda trophies are from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, the games the characters where 'supposely' inspired on.
Sakurai made Trophies for Sheik, because he felt she was important enough to have them. He didn't MAKE many trophies, simply took models from various Wii/GC games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am going to believe Toon Sheik was actually Toon Sheik. There is no evidence to believe otherwise.

Also, Brawl's trophies were a step back from Melee's, because as Shortie said, many of them were direct model rips from various GameCube and Wii games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't believe that for a second. Why would there be Toon Sheik if we have a Pirate Ship stage so obviously relating to Tetra?

We have a Sheik trophy in Brawl cause she's playable lol. I think Impa still has a mention somewhere though.

Also have to say again that SS is Impa's deciding factor, not her earlier appearances. And Diddy had no trophy in Melee either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would it only be Toon Link's stage? They could've done anything for Wind Waker stages, yet probably choose one fitting both planned newcomers. Toon Sheik doesn't exist, it must've been Tetra. So damn obvious...

And now I think about it...... Skyward Sword Impa looks just like a grown up Tetra.... O.o

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why would it only be Toon Link's stage? They could've done anything for Wind Waker stages, yet probably choose one fitting both planned newcomers. Toon Sheik doesn't exist, it must've been Tetra. So damn obvious...

Last time I checked, Toon Zelda was also in Wind Waker.

It does not matter that Toon Sheik did not exist because Sakurai apparently thought it would not be Zelda unless she had Sheik attached.

The only reason I can possibly see them for bringing in Impa is if Sakurai is going for a full reboot for Smash 4's roster. If that's the case then at least half of Brawl's newcomers are at risk of being cut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Last time I checked, Toon Zelda was also in Wind Waker.

It does not matter that Toon Sheik did not exist because Sakurai apparently thought it would not be Zelda unless she had Sheik attached.

The only reason I can possibly see them for bringing in Impa is if Sakurai is going for a full reboot for Smash 4's roster. If that's the case then at least half of Brawl's newcomers are at risk of being cut.
Diddy might be changed into a Diddy / Dixie tag team
Lucario might be replaced with a newer generation Pokemon. Or Mewtwo
Ike might get axed for Chrome
Toon Link may vanish if there is no new appearance of a child Link
Zero Suit Samus might get out prioriticed for making Ridley work
Olimar might get cut for the Pikmin series might get blasted of any sequels all of a sudden
Lucas might be leaving due to Mother inactivity and fuse with Ness for just one representitive
R.O.B. might get axed cause of him being SSE's icon and nothing much more regardless of retro VIP

You where saying..?

And regarding Ganondorf, he's much more likely to reappear in a future Zelda than both Demise and Sheik. Impa will surely return to. Hence I find them better choices. Denise could possibly inspire some of Ganons moves though.

Ohh Lord... Demise officially lost his name to me now... :laugh: Denise it is now. Makes a cute pair with Debbie don't ya think?

Toon Sheik is Tetra, and Tetra only.

D

Deleted member

Something seems interesting to me.
We all know that Sakurai made the rule about 3rd Parties having to be video game characters, but I think he would've made an exception for James Bond.

Think about it; James Bond was tied with Mewtwo for the pre-Melee poll. James Bond was the only non-video game character ALLOWED on the poll due to Goldeneye.
The Motion-Sensor Bomb in 64 and NTSC and PAL Melee was from Goldeneye (except in Brawl, replaced by a generic one, and JPN Melee, where it was Perfect Dark's Proximity Mine).

Had Rare not left Nintendo, James Bond might have been in Smash along with Banjo-Kazooie, who were also in the Top 10 poll pre-Melee.

Interesting, huh? How would Bond play?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Just passing through.

Diddy might be changed into a Diddy / Dixie tag team NOOOOooo!
Lucario might be replaced with a newer generation Pokemon. Or Mewtwo k.
Ike might get axed for Chrome k.
Toon Link may vanish if there is no new appearance of a child Link...K.
Zero Suit Samus might get out prioriticed for making Ridley work Doubtful, but whatever.
Olimar might get cut for the Pikmin series might get blasted of any sequels all of a sudden Quite doubtful since Miyamoto says Pikmin 3 is in development.
Lucas might be leaving due to Mother inactivity and fuse with Ness for just one representitive Doubtful.
R.O.B. might get axed cause of him being SSE's icon and nothing much more regardless of retro VIP Doubtful.

You where saying..?

And regarding Ganondorf, he's much more likely to reappear in a future Zelda than both Demise and Sheik. Impa will surely return to. Hence I find them better choices. Denise could possibly inspire some of Ganons moves though.

My personal reactions in yellow.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's all possiblies, not exactly what I'd want. Kinda hoped to be proven wrong on Olimar though. Though Lucas leaving could be more likely than you think... I sure hope not however.

Just saying that Impa -> Sheik is not weird, unlikely, or as risky as everyone makes it sound. I think its very likely actually, especially if Sakurai wants a character from Skyward Sword.

And I'd argue 88% of those listed characters are more popular than Sheik anyways. Impa could be there just for being the fresh face. It happened for Lucario and Ike as well, at the expense for arguably more popular characters.

I don't see the fuss about opposing Impa so much. I imagine she'd exactly get the same reactions for her getting in SS the first place.

Tell ya something different now: Sheik having a model, thus being considered for TP, yet not making it and Impa appearing in SS instead already proved it for me. Impa got her grand revival before the supposedly more famed and popular *ahumm* Sheik... What does this say?

Anyone remembers the pre-SS revelation of Impa? Miyamoto (I think it was him) when answering who Impa was told the audience that ; she is a character one might remember from previous games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just saying that Impa -> Sheik is not weird, unlikely, or as risky as everyone makes it sound. I think its very likely actually, especially if Sakurai wants a character from Skyward Sword.

I don't see the fuss about opposing Impa so much.
These two statements just prove you seriously DON'T UNDERSTAND anything me, Chrono, or anyone has been saying for the last few hours.

SMASH IMPORTANCE > CANON IMPORTANCE

D

Deleted member

Can we please go for a week or so without a Sheik Vs. Impa debate? I am tired of having to see the same thing every day with no progress being made. It's not fun anymore, it's repetitive and almost painful at times. And it is rare of me to get tired ofa character topic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only merit Impa has is that she would be the easiest way for Sakurai to reach five slots for Zelda if Sakurai wanted Zelda to have five characters for the sake of having five characters.

What was funny though was some guy pre-Brawl was running around here saying Squirtle was more likely than Lucario. Everyone flamed him, but you can only imagine what happened when Pokemon Trainer showed up on the Dojo.

Based on previous circumstances for Smash Bros., Sheik will be kept. However, we do not know anything about Smash 4 so we are only left to use prior examples to figure out what Sakurai might do this time.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its the lack of nothingness that is driving us up the wall. However, I think when we actually do get some real info, this thread will be flooded with idiots.

However, its exciting to think we could very well know several of Smash 4's newcomers in less than five months.

Keep in mind that Meta Knight, Pit, and Wario were among the most requested newcomers for Brawl, so hopefully, a few really requested newcomers get confirmed in June. I am definitely thinking Mega Man will be among them.

Hey someone, make a new post, I got something that is going to drive people up the wall when they get up tomorrow.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are you THAT against double posting/editing?

Someone should keep like a monthly summary of the fanbase and current trends in speculation once we get a trailer. "In the month of July, this character quickly rose in popularity." "The fanbase of this series saw a large split in its supporters."

Blah blah.

Maybe JOURNAL is a better word?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

GENO CONFIRMED FOR SMASH BROS.!!!!1111 :troll:

He also has Monsho no Nazo (FE3, the one with Marth for the Super Nintendo).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh you jerk. Tricking me into getting you to the top of the next page.

S'at a Kinect up there? Banjo confirmed.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
People tomorrow are going to say that since Sakurai has Super Mario RPG on his Wii, it means he is a big fan of Super Mario RPG, which thus means Geno is likely for Smash 4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It was a picture of Sakurai's Wii Channels showing off some of his VC games.

INCLUDING Super Mario RPG.

And Tactics Ogre.

(His cat is a given)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom