• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@GoldenYuiitusin

Wasn't it said that the character Purlo was pretty much how Tingle would look like if he was in Twilight Princess? Obviously, this wouldn't count on Tingle's appearances; however, it is still notable to know that he was considered to being put into the game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Would it be easier or harder to pull off online co-op for an adventure mode? COMPARED TO FOUR-PLAYER FREE FOR ALLS? It may be less frantic at times, but there's probably more things to keep track of. Especially if it's bumped up to 4-player co-op instead of 2.

I'm thinking that's going to be a big feature for the 3DS version at least.
It probably isn't too hard.

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin

Wasn't it said that the character Purlo was pretty much how Tingle would look like if he was in the Twilight Princess? Obviously, this wouldn't count on Tingle's appearances; however, it is still notable to know that he was considered to being put into the game.
Crap, I forgot to mention that....

Anyways, Trophies? Fighting? Sounds like TROPHEMON!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash Bros TCG? Sounds good to me, but has it been confirmed that the Wii U can use AR Cards yet?
I was talking along the lines of the cards already being in the game. The 3DS would have a bonus of you having the AV card battles.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
So, just curious, how many here play versus mode against computers MOST OF THE TIME.
Actually I usually do fight against the CPU players at most times. I actually do find them quite entertaining for the most part. Of course, there are those rare times when a friend comes over and CPUs are no longer needed...

Whenever I go on Wi-Fi (random), it is generally the campers that seem to dominate (at least those waiting for super sudden death). As a result, rarely any practise there.

D

Deleted member

It's either CPU or the crap Online unless I got a friend over, so I tend to fight computers to Sate my Smash appetite.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder how common that is? I was just thinking of the 3DS version. There's NOT a way to play with others aside from wireless.

It would be kind of FORCED to have loads of single-player content to compensate? And hopefully much better online.

But as long as we can play against computers normally I guess we won't care as much, HUH.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Oasis

Perhaps connectivity between the 3DS and Wii U versions? One can use the DS versions of Pokemon D/P to connect with PBR for the Wii. Though I do not know if this would actually work for a game as complex as Smash Bros..

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I do it Sometimes

I know I'm late bit y'all should be honored by my lateness
That I would even show up to this fake ****
So go ahead go nuts go ape****

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well it needs to be a COMPLETE GAME ALL BY ITS LONESOME before taking connectivity into account. Don't want to put "YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEND 400 MORE DOLLARS FOR THE COMPLETE PACKAGE." on the... package.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I play CPU a lot. Sometimes, I'm so bored, I set them all against each other in a makeshift tourney to see who the "best CPU" is.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ill respond when I get to a computer, cuz I'll don't feel like doing this all from my phone

/challengeaccepted

Brawl was my first midnight launch game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My BUD got to use his GCN controller at the release tourney he attended, and he beat everyone. Next round he had to use the NUNCHUCK, and he lost. He swapped friend codes with THAT GUY and later beat the crap out of him online.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep. I did play in the tourney, it sucked though. Nunchuk and you didn't get to choose your character. :p

I lost using Pit in sudden death, both me and my opponent couldn't figure out have to use our controllers so it was pretty boring. I did shock everyone though by showing off Pit's amazing recovery.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL yeah I lost halfway into round 1's bracket at the tourney because of I didn't know how to use Brawl Fox and Nunchuck combo.

Afk for a little guys, going to buy some heavier weights to work out with

D

Deleted member

I got Brawl 3 days early, so I wasn't part of the midnight release things that were going on.

I was happily playing through the game in my own home. :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How that strange ? we got Isle Delfino and no Bowser jr.
It just a rep for Mario lastest game on the home console
Like Peach Caslte - N64
Isle Delfino - GC
Comet Observatory - Wii
Delfino Plaza doesn't necessarily equal Bowser Jr., as that's not even his home.

I like Rosalina myself but I'm not seeing her as a playable
I could see her as AT
I know that Rosalina's odds as a playable are very small, but one can still dream.

If they do decide to have adventure mode multiplayer again they should allow 4 players (or 5/6, depends if they go with the portting the Gamecube was supposed to have)
It would be a good reference to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and even Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

We can always count on K. Rool and Ridley, but they're too big.
Sarcastic remark obviously. Size can't stop someone from fighting.

It's been suggested before, but what do people think of the idea of trophies fighting?
I find it to be a better solution than plush dolls.

Did anyone else pick up Brawl at a midnight launch? :awesome:
I did get the game on its exact release date, but not until late-morning; I was in bed at midnight.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I wen't to the Brawl Midnight Launch as well I think I was like twelve then I'll probably go to the SSB4 one too.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Special move ideas for snorlax-

B- Hyper Beam
Side B- Rollout
Up B- Body Slam
Down B- Giga Impact
FINAL SMASH- Sleep Talk

D

Deleted member

@xIblisx: Not really that. More like Super Street Fighter IV 3D trophy idea in which you could have trophies fight each others within the game if you came across another person with the game. Only that it is expanded.

@KumaOso: Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure how that would transfer over to the Wii-U.

Smokeeye123

Smash Rookie
Here's my take, new characters in bold. What do you guys think?

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario

-----------------
Zelda/Sheik
Link
Toon Link
Ganondorf
-----------------
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (New set of pokemon probably from newest gen)
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
------------------
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
------------------
Fox
Krystal
Falco
------------------
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight
------------------
Ness
Lucas
------------------
Marth
Lyndis
Ike
------------------
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
------------------
Sonic
Tails or Knuckles (I think Sega and Nintendo would want another Sonic rep.)
------------------
Samus
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Pit
Olimar
Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
-------------------
Little Mac
Issac
Megaman
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
(For those who laugh at this, Suda 51 has stated he wants him in SSB4)http://www.destructoid.com/suda-51-wants-travis-touchdown-in-smash-bros--138979.phtml

Obviously, not all of my bottom hopefuls will make it. Bomberman in particular is wishful thinking, (since I think he would fit great in SSB). There will also probably be at least one random NES character like ROB and Mr.G&W, in which I have no idea what they would possibly select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom