• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You missed the joke. You said protagonist rather than antagonist. The protagonist is Donkey Kong :lol:

I'd prefer not pairing them up, but I'd rather the pair than not having Dixie.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yes, he definetly deserves it more, in my opinion more than Dixie Kong, also would it be a bad idea to pair Dixie with Diddy? Just curious.

:phone:
Well, when I said that, I was just highlighting that you called K. Rool a protagonist instead of an antagonist which is what he really is. But yeah, that works too. ;)

If they don't do it Popo and Nana-style, then sure, why not?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, I guess itvwouldnt be a good idea, at least they wouldn't be broken right?

I just wondered since Sakurai might want to revive the idea from Brawl.

Kantrip

Kantplay
LoZ is set, like the Mario and DK series. I think the characters of choice are fine. If Tingle IS in there, I will kiss your feet, cause I seriously don't see that happening -_- And I do not support Vaati. Gannondorf is SO much better than that guy.
Well I was going back through the pages I found this. I didn't see this the first time, but looking at the part I bolded, my face is like

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It makes a lot of sense, too, when you think about it. 2 for price of 1, and we'd still get K. Rool... everyone wins. :)

Hopefully Sakurai will revisit the idea, both Dixie and K. Rool need to be in, IMO.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, though Dixie has enough merits to warrant inclusion on her own, too.

That, and sakurai doesn't like changing what he's done already.

K. Rool's theme song would be one of his themes from the DKC series, I think. Gangplank Galleon is the most fitting, I think.

OmegaXXII

Well, seeing as how Diddy has already established himself as a solo character I guess it would disrurp characters who main him, I just want tripping gone, though I think it will be here to stay due to his bananas. :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Kantrip- Very true, and I'd love for her to make it in on her own. But I like the idea of the two fighting together, mainly because of the whole "boyfriend/girlfriend" shtick they got goin' on.

Not suggesting that they have to be like that just because they're a couple. But you get what I mean.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Tripping is fine.

Random tripping is not. This includes random tripping on attack hits (at low percentages). The only tripping that should stay is that from throws, moves directed at the legs, and bananas. Tech chasing adds depth to the prediction of the game, and was present in melee, so it's not a problem if tripping is done right.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I will be quite content with a well-implemented duo moveset, I just don't know about its chances.

OmegaXXII

Yep, I agree, it should just be removed or have it optional, not forcefully integreted into the game, like for competative matches for example, it should be turned off.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean what I said still. Like I said, if we have to have a DK Rep, I'm with Dixie. As for the Mario series, why would they need a rep? They have the Famous Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser. I think that's enough. I do still agree with my old statement. The DK series is fine, why do we NEED King K. Rool and Dixie? King K. Rool didn't even show up in DK Country Returns. Who needs a rep? I think the 3rd pary characters. Not like Knuckles for Sonic, but a new 3rd party. Like Mega Man or Bomberman. Pokemon will ALWAYS get a new rep :)

OmegaXXII

Why is Meta Knight banned?
Well Meta Knight will be officially banned on January 9th, 2012. Until that date, Meta Knight will be optionally banned in Unity Ruleset 2.0.

The Unity Ruleset Committee has come to a majority agreement to ban Meta Knight by a vote of 14-0 with 1 abstaining. In order too ease into this decision and respect the largest Smash tournament on the horizon, the ban will be optional until after Apex 2012. Therefore, on January 9th, it will no longer be optional and all Unity Ruleset events will be Meta Knight banned. Until that time, users may use the Unity Ruleset 2.0 in either form: Meta Knight Banned or Meta Knight Allowed.

This was not a decision made lightly. This is a topic that has dominated the community for many years and far to long. The URC has taken into account many things, among them: community polls on Smashboards and AllisBrawl over the last 2 years, discussions with some of the top players and minds in the community, and most of all, user created data/charts that have kept tabs on the prevalence of Meta Knight at the over 500 tournaments held yearly. It is important to note that each member of the URC who voted had their own reasons, so any number of factors may have influenced their decision. We hope this will begin a new era in the Brawl community, and while we are sure this decision will cause controversy and discussion, we also feel it will ultimately be for the best for the community in the coming years. In addition, this ban is for both Singles and Doubles play.

Haha, yeah, it took the BBR-RC quite a while, seems like Snake or Diddy Kong will be the ones on top of the tier list soon.

This has me wondering, who do you think will end up like Meta-Knight in SSB4? Me? Megaman!!!

Megaman?

No.

It's a law already that Megaman is always D tier or C.....

And it's a law that Link is always at the low tier (eg : Soul calibur II, SSB series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom