• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Victini

This is Victini, #000 in the Unova Pokedex. #494 on National.
Let's start with the moveset.
Weight Class: Lightweight
Speed (Run): Fast
Jump (special): He has 4 jumps plus his (B)^.

(A) Combo:
He Punches, then punches again with other hand, then headbutts.

(A) Normal:

(A)>: Victini will thrust his head foward for a stabbing headbutt. This move is quick, as well.
(A)^: He brings his hands up, then waves his hands down to his sides, making a Fire rainbow, so to speak. A little slow at first, when he raises his hands, then quick for the wave.
(A)v: His hand spits some fire at the ground, making tripping easy. Great recovery.

(A) Aerial:

(A)>: He pencil spins foward with a flaming V for his forehead.
(A)^: He does a triple backflip, having himself form into a fireball.
(A)v: He makes a fire bomb and blows it up under him. If an opponent is hit by it, they go straight down, via Meteor Smash.
(A)<: He kicks behind him, but the kick launches opponents upwards.

(A) Smash:

(A)^: His forehead starts to flame up, then he lets the flame out of his forehead do the damage. If an opponent is close to Victini when this move is executed, it does more damage and knockback.
(A)v: He brings his hands up, then he hand stands for a second, while he shoots arrow flames going upwards.
(A)>: He starts to levitate, then he flies in a circle and headbutts. This rounds all sides. If it misses, it can be a counter-grabber for the opponent to take.
Taunts:

^: He holds his fingers into two V’s and brings them to the sky!
>: He laughs, while spinning three times, while his V-shaped forehead is on fire.
V: He starts jumping up and down, and yells excitingly.

(B) Moveset:
(B): Searing Shot:
Victini draws in energy throughout the battle. When you press (B), he’ll let loose all of the energy. Here’s a small chart:
0%= Level 1, 50%=Level 2, 100%=Level Three, 150%= Final Level
If Final Level is used, it is a one hit KO. Searing shot can only work after 2 minutes, due to it’s awesome power. 100% can also be considered a OHKO, due to Kirby and Jiggs.

(B)>: Zen Headbutt:
This move works in three different ways. One is the ground. He’ll dart forward, about 2 character Spaces, to do knockback damage. Perfect for edge guarding, now that I think about it (can use it off cliff and can still take on action). Another is the sky. He’ll dart straight down, doing countering wind push at both sides of him when he lands. However, this move works differently in another way. If the opponent is close, Victini will throw them up and Zen Headbutt them, which is like Force Palm via Lucario.

(B)^: Fusion Bolt:
Victini will turn into an electric ball, then hurl himself wherever the controller anolog stick is pressing point. If you do not, it’ll make a barrier for a limited amount of time, then release. This move is Victini’s event move, if anyone was wondering.

(B)v: Fusion Flare:
Victini’s body flares up, then releases a massive inferno. If you press the anolog stick (with opponent in contact, >,v, and <, Victini will perform a Flare Combo. If you press ^, <, and v, you’ll perform a Heat Combo. A flare combo will entrap an opponent in fire, doing damage for a little bit, like the Lip Flower. The Heat combo can send opponents away, however, they can escape the final blow. An effective way to get someone in this combo is blocking them to a wall and breaking their shields, for rolling will be useless. This move is also an event move.

FS: V-Create
Victini’s head becomes a sharp, Needle-Fire like weapon, and he’ll dart across where he’s standing. Anyone hit will receive a OHKO

Stage: Liberty Island

Liberty Island is Victini’s home, while it’s also a tourist attraction. This place was ransacked by Team Plasma, but the Hero saved the island and caught Victini to save him from Team Plasma. The place afterwards became a little quieter. Perhaps Victini was the attraction? Well, obviously.
Stage Size (Sizing from Custom Stage Making): Medium
Music:
VS Legendary Pokemon B&W!
VS Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem B&W!
VS Team Plasma B&W!
VS N-Final B&W!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, I'm liking that stage already, Liberty Zone eh?

Nice Victini Specials, he seems more interesting than Zoroark IMO.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It is a common misconception I see around the net, but Sakurai never turned down Mach Rider.
It probably stems from confusion between Mach Rider and the Excited Biker (who WAS turned down, though the reason given was probably a joke).

Also, Little Mac is SO retro, SSBF just doesn't know.

@y.toonlink: It would probably be Kyurem on the cover. I think Dragonspiral Tower would be the "legendary locale," if you will.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Is Genesect gonna be the "Gray" cover Pokemon? Just like Brawl's Spear Pillar, Im sure there will be some incorporation again on a Legendary Pokemon's location: possibly N's Castle (just looked that up on Serebii where Reshiram and Zekrom are found...why is the numbering weird in BW?)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
EDIT: It is official. Mario and gang have become the new "Morrigan". Hopefully some people get what I mean by that.
They've become extremely attractive females from an extremely attractive game? But seriously. . . is that the real cover?

@Liberty Island

Back when Star came up with N's castle, I came up with the idea of burnt tower and "Victini's playhouse" (His room on liberty island)

@SSBF

I don't know how you can come to such big conclusions like:

Mach Rider has pretty much no chance, and Lip and Takamaru are the frontfunners of the retro's. Last time I checked, most people never see the retro/WTF characters coming.

No, Kyruum or whatever his name would probably be. He's the reaaaallly ugly third legendary no one ever wants.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not to mention he actually shot down Lip, and his reasoning doesn't have ...reason to change. :troll:

Still obscure.

Then there's the whole Japan-only vs. international thing.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Genesect will NOT be the Gray version legendary it's not even gray it'll be Kyurem no doubt about it. Besides Event Pokemon are never mascots it's always the main legendary trio.

Nice moveset by the way ASAGE I think V-Create should be more like an explosion though since that's how it's depicted in the movies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I chose what V-Create looks like in Black and White. I have the japanese event Victini :) It kinda makes an explosion, though. So how about this? The opponent explodes when Victini contacts them. And yes, Victini can be considered the mascot of B&W. V also means 5, stated by the Pokemon company, meaning they're implying that Victini is important towards the generation.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I chose what V-Create looks like in Black and White. I have the japanese event Victini :) It kinda makes an explosion, though. So how about this? The opponent explodes when Victini contacts them.
That sounds pretty cool; I don't have the Japanese Victini I only have the regular one it's a nice Pokemon though nonetheless. Anyway moving on I'm still interested in seeing a Shulk set.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really do not think that Mach Rider will make the cut despite being Sakurai's favorite character in Melee. Didn't he give a reason to shoot down the character when being considered? With the Mach Rider 3DS rumor debunked, I don't see him going for a character he turned down. I still sincerely think that the non-WTF? character will be either Takamaru or Lip.
Lip, IIFC has never shown up in an American title, correct? Mach Rider has? Correct? Something to think about. You're quoting Sakurai wrong by saying he was ever cut at all. ExciteBike was the guy he made a joke about and turned down. Mach Rider was Sakurai's favorite character for "SSB2". As far as we know, he wasn't planned for Melee.

I'm not sure if I would call Lip overlooked since she did score somewhat decent in Rate Their Chances, although Takamaru is generally agreed upon as the the most likely.
Okay, rate their chances is a small game, done on a few SMASH related sites, where all that people do is speculate. Any character can do decent. Didn't Deoxys get a perfect score? My point stands there. RTC is even more obscure than my poll, which I would never use as solid reasoning to believe any character is more likely than another.

There is also the surprise retro character that we may get again. Three examples of this are Duck Hunt Dog, Diskun, and Sheriff, although I am doubting this after the hate R.O.B. got.
SO, you turned down Mach Rider, but built up Sheriff, DHD, and Diskun? Okay.
Now, you're tearing THEM down because you think people hate R.O.B? Misplaced temporary anger comes with a lot of characters inclusion. Look at clone Ganondorf.

All I can say is, your claims are pretty wild, and you use no evidence to REALLY back them up. Lip is as obscure as they come, and as far as I'm concerned Takamaru is just as likely as the rest of them. People here just seem to like him. Key words, people here. Not only that, but at the end of the day retro's are pobably the hardest characters to really nail in terms of who is "Likely".

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Found out the Tao Trio is with Kyurem. I thought it was weird at first since I thought it looked too "robotic" compared to the other two, but it's an ice type so it makes sense.
Anyway N's Castle, Dragonspiral Tower, Liberty Island/Victini's Playhouse seem likely since they're the stages relating to the "flavor of the month" (N's Castle relates to Zorark right?)

SSBFan seems to rely on relevance as the key reasoning to character inclusion. I could understand if it was just bias against ROB or Toon Link, but it's apparently not.
But who am I to judge? :O

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@short Alright, man -_- let's go with that.
*Looks at when you joined*
*Looks at when I joined*

Yeah, let's go with that.

Found out the Tao Trio is with Kyurem. I thought it was weird at first since I thought it looked too "robotic" compared to the other two, but it's an ice type so it makes sense.
Anyway N's Castle, Dragonspiral Tower, Liberty Island/Victini's Playhouse seem likely since they're the stages relating to the "flavor of the month" (N's Castle relates to Zorark right?)
Well, N has a Zoroark, that you battle in his castle. Plus N's castle is just an important place to begin with. Regaurdless of which character is chosen, I can see it being a stage just because it's that sort of "Final battle" thing, similar to Cyrus vs. Sinnoh Trainer on Spear Pillar.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Are you implying that I'm dumb, Short? i don't appreciate that. Just because I joined recently doesn't mean I'm a noob. Seriously, man? And besides, ROB was pretty much crafted on Brawl, so they randomized him (just throwing it out there), and I know that not many ppl like ROB. I didn't say everyone hates him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Are you calling me dumb, Short? i don't appreciate that. Just because I joined recently doesn't mean I'm a noob. Seriously, man? And besides, ROB was pretty much crafted on Brawl, so they randomized him (just throwing it out there), and I know that not many ppl like ROB. I didn't say everyone hates him.
I never said that, but. . .

I brought up the you being new here because I've been around to see why people hate R.O.B. Firstly, he isn't that hated, not more then Game&Watch who isn't even that hated. Secondly, there is a difference between people not liking a character and people hating a character. I don't like Game and Watch, but I don't hate him. I wouldn't want him taken out of Smash. People who actually HATE R.O.B usually have no real reason to. They either just don't like him as a whole, or they're still mad about Ridley/another character not getting in.

Again, not many people have a problem with R.O.B, and the ones who do usually don't have good reasoning behind it.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Shortie
Well as a final battle sort of place, Silver Mountain is where Red is fought. Around this time, Gen2 is going to be really neglected so that along with N's Castle or a Victini stage would be cool. Of course there's always the possibility Sakurai might add Pokemon Stadium 3 (or maybe call it Coliseum).

@asage
Don't worry, join dates are gonna be looked at every now and then.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: Technically, Lip has made it oversea. Using Action Play for the Puzzle League game on the DS, you can access it.

As for Mach Rider, I never said Mach Rider had no chance of showing up, I just don't think he will beat the odd to be the next non-WTF? Character. There are very few eligible character I would say have no chance of getting in.

Deoxys only got a perfect score in deserving. In likelihood, it did pitifully and will do even worse on GameFAQs once it comes up on their. Also, over 50 people voted on how likely Lip was on that site, so it's a fair representation of how the Smash board views Lip's likelihood. It is not, however, how likely Lip is or how likely I consider Lip to be.

And I do not despise R.O.B. or Toon Link. I was just saying that many people that initially despised R.O.B. and I'm not sure if Sakurai will attempt that again. Ganondorf's case was different in that he was one of the most wanted characters for Melee. Fans were happy with his inclusion, just not the way he was implemented.

@y.toonlink: I have said many times that the most important factor I consider is importance to one series, although relevance is also important, or at least better then "move set potentials", "female" status, or "villain" status.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@SSBFan
I brought up Toon Link because you say he's a "coin flip" comepared to Young Link. Although I like Y.Link a bit more I don't think he's going to replace Toon Link as esily as you say. I respect your view (which you say you stated many times but I guess just missed them), however, I only agree with you to extent, that factor suiting Pokemon more. I also never said despise, just biased.
Didn't mean offense though, just a simple disagreement :)

holyv

Smash Journeyman
If sakurai is smart, he would:
Nerf metaknight nado, up b, dsmash, up air, dair.
Buff ganondorf jab because it ****ing suk
Nerf mario so luigi can get all the credit.

OmegaXXII

Nah, he's dine as is, he should stay as the most balanced character since he would generally be "the first character everyone should pick up" *looks at training videos*

However, what does need changing is his down B which was really dumb in Brawl, seriously, that FLUDD move was annoying and wasn't even powerful, his tornado should once again be his down B.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's always going to be either Ness or Jigglypuff. I think they're the only ones that have actually been considered to be cut. Replaced, rather, in Ness's case.

OmegaXXII

Ness? Meh... I don't really get why he needs to get cut, he's always represented the series as a wholo since the 64, in the same stance that Pikachu has, Jiggs however isn't the "face" like Pikachu.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Jiggs got considered to be cut before?

And, Omega, IMHO, Ness could've been a trophy and that would've been adequate representation Earthbound.

D

Deleted member

Sukapon is a sticker in Brawl.

INTERNATIONAL APPEAL.
Lip at least can be unlocked via Action Replay outside of Japan. There is no way to play <i>Joy Mech Fight</I> outside of Japan unless you import the game. Not to mention, Sukapon is far more obscure the. Lip.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Jiggs got considered to be cut before?
I... thought so? Something about her being a joke in Smash 64 and not being sure if she should be brought back. I DUNNO, ignore it for now I guess. I thought I knew where I had read that before, BUT I CHECKED AND IT WAS NOT THERE.

@SSBF: I was poking fun at you for bringing up something so silly as though it meant anything. You've also never heard of emulation it sounds like. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom