• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Im pleased with how far Toad, Mewtwo, & Roy have gotten on this poll. I remember I voted on this months ago.
I'm not suprised. But, this just shows why popularity isn't the only reason we should add characters. Otherwise six out of the top fifteen are Mario/Pokemon. Only two of them are new franchises.

I would like to make a poll myself, but will probably post it in another Smash related site
Good Idea. I don't want to be a jerk or anything but, I would aprreciate it if you didn't just take from my poll, and slap it as your own. I had to talk to a lot of people to get that list. :/

Never knew Plusle and Minun were that popular 0.o
I thought they would be high up there, but not that high. It must be the combination of: Forbidden seven popularity, this community just likes them, some people voted twice. :/

The top 11 for that poll looks smexy.

I guess Zoroark may very well be more requested than Victini.
Yes it does. I like looking at the lower part of the poll more though. I like to see the "interesting" choices and how they stack up. ^.^

Victini MAY have been one of the few add ons. I edited a few things, and may have added him on late. So, just be aware of that.

He would be the only possible late addition though. The only other changes were [SS Villain] to Ghirahim, and Japanese Unova Pokemon names to english.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
@shortiecanbrawl

Oh no, If I were to make one, I probably try and make it as different as possibly and split up the sections of franchises a bit more.

Overall good poll.

D

Deleted member

The top 11 for that poll looks smexy.

I guess Zoroark may very well be more requested than Victini.
This actually came as no surprise to me, but it's nice to see that Victini is closing in to Zoroark. Less that 60 votes difference and both having a supposedly large fan base shows that both are formidable competitors.

Anyway, Krystal scoring high kind of surprised me since it's popularity has gone down a lot and I never saw Plusle & Minun as very popular. Both were surprising.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those of you jumping on the "Chrome" bandwagon. I whipped this up out of boredom. A little messy, but oh well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shiny Zoroark confirmed?
Slime confirmed?! :bee:

One thing I'll give Chrome is his hair is much darker than Marth and Ike. Plus Chrome has black armor with a white cape. Also noticed he happens to fight in the style of the "Hero" class. I am not the only one to notice it but towards the end of the first trailer it looks as though he is fighting Marth.

no one is confirmed yet. wow i probably shouldn't have said that.
It is all in good jest mi amigo.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Slime confirmed?! :bee:

One thing I'll give Chrome is his hair is much darker than Marth and Ike. Plus Chrome has black armor with a white cape. He also happens to fight in the style of the "Hero" class.
Aqua confirmed?

Was Ike's moveset based off the Hero or Ranger class? If hero, then I'm guessingwe can say goodbye to Ike.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Aqua confirmed?

Was Ike's moveset based off the Hero or Ranger class? If hero, then I'm guessingwe can say goodbye to Ike.
Golduck confirmed?

From what I know he was based off of his "Ranger" class. So it isn't like he will be cutting into Ike's.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Golduck confirmed?

From what I know he was based off of his "Ranger" class. So it isn't like he will be cutting into Ike's style of fighting.
Nayru confirmed?

Oh, cool. Yes, I am okay with keeping Ike, then. We need to make the FE franchise look as unimaginative as possible.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nayru confirmed?

Oh, cool. Yes, I am okay with keeping Ike, then. We need to make the FE franchise look as unimaginative as possible.
Lolo confirmed?

Well the thing is from what I have seen of Chrome he seems to make large, powerful swings with his blade. The movement reminds me of the Hero class. So my thinking is his fighting style will reflect that style more. Hard swinging and deep cutting.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Lolo confirmed?

Well the thing is from what I have seen of Chrome he seems to make large, powerful swings with his blade. The movement reminds me of the Hero class. So my thinking is his fighting style will reflect that style more. Hard swinging and deep cutting.
8-bit Mario confirmed?

That sounds a lot like Ike to me. :/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep, he does resemble the Hero class, although Ike does resemble the Mecenary class which class changes into the Hero class, of which was Ike's starting class in FE10. (I know I'm a FE Nerd).

Anyway with Skills from Ike's game being seen in the trailer chances are Chrome will gain his own special skill like Ike's Aether attack. Throw in the fact that if Chrome is based off the Hero class, he may also wield a Shield, so that makes him all the more unique.

Also I just posted this in the backroom but, how are Ray's chances looking now?

I know we haven't seen much support for him in recent weeks and now with another slot taken, I'm thinking he'll be the 1st expected AT to playable character to be cut.

Any thoughts?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The most I expect from Custom Robo is a stage at the most. Unfortunately Ray does not have very good chances at all. He isn't even relevant in any way. At least Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Legendary Starfy and Punch Out have that.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

I know we haven't seen much support for him in recent weeks and now with another slot taken, I'm thinking he'll be the 1st expected AT to playable character to be cut.

Any thoughts?
I used to think his chances were just as good as Little Mac and Isaac, but now I don't know.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I like Ray MK. He has move set potential and had his game in both Japan and the states. The problem to me is that he is not that well demanded to be playable when you look at other misc. characters like Isaac, Saki, etc.

But also, popularity doesn't always conclude for a character to be playable.

D

Deleted member

--- said:

Any thoughts?
Starting to look grim. With a FE Lord practically guarantee, the only way he's likely to get in is if we get over 45 Nintendo characters in Smash. I'd say 45 slots, but the problem is that third-party characters are nearly guarantee to return and with the possibility of us looking at 3-4 third-party characters and one of these being Mega Man, Sakurai may cut Ray to avoid going overboard with characters.

As a Ray supporter, it's pretty painful knowing that there aren't any debates about Ray's chances, indicating that he's among Sora, Travis Touchdown, and others; mostly forgotten.

At this rate, the only way I can see him beating the odds is either third-party characters being removed or the game getting 50 or more slots; and neither are likely options. This is also quite possibly his last real shot at a roster so if Ray does not get in now, he will probably never get in. A tragedy that has befallen Deoxys.

Characters that I highly support that could very well have their last shot in this game unless things change:
Victini
Mega Man
King K. Rool
Ridley
Ray
Saki Amamiya
Mewtwo
Isaac
Takamaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom