• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I responded on GameFAQs, but I'll say K. Rool here as well.

More important in his own series, brings more to Smash (as you said in your moveset for him), and more popular. There are also few other good options for newcomers from established Smash franchises, and K. Rool happens to be one of the few.

DKCR's importance will hopefully merit his inclusion, despite his absence, because the game offers no alternative characters to be playable.
Agreed K Rool is vastly more important than Dixie who was only going to be in Smash paired with Diddy. Now that he is established as his own character, she lost her chance. Her moveset wouldn't be nearly as cool or unique as K Rool's.

D

Deleted member

Here's some nice Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire music:

Littleroot Town
Oldale Town
Verdanturf Town
Lilycove City
Sootopolis City
Contest Results
Route 104
Petalburg Forest
Route 110
The Sandy Desert
Route 113
Route 119
Route 120
Crossing the Sea
Wild Pokemon Battle
Vs. Trainer
Gym
Vs. Gym Leader
Team Magma/Aqua Battle
Victory Road
Vs. Elite Four
Champion Steven

Wow, I'm getting nostalgic for Pokemon all over again. As you can tell, I believe the third generation had the best sound track of all the series.

Glad to see that Victory Road was remixed in Brawl, which is even better then the original and I love the original version. I also love how unlike in the first two generation, they did an original Elite Four theme, which really pleased me.

@Starphoenix: I'm going to extend the Complete Work edition of Mr. X stage.
Hoots said:
Good man! Mining Melancholy is definitely one of the best songs from DKC2 which has the best game soundtrack of all time by far. At least in ny opinion. This version of the song is my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vwz1NoLNDY
This Swedish kid is awesome. He does a ton of video game music especially DKC2. Check out his metal version of Welcome to Crocodile Isle and his Reggae version of Aquatic Ambiance. Actually just check out all his stuff. It's great.

I'll post some Layton, sonic, and other songs once I get to my desktop. My phone ia about to die.
Those are great remixes of great music. And I checked out the three songs you've suggested in general and I love them. Aquatic Ambiance is as if it was new and fresh, something that I like a lot.
Starphoenix said:
Ooooh, did someone say Megaman X?!

Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman X - Spark Mandrill
Megaman X - Sigma 2nd Stage
Megaman X2 - X-Hunter Stage
Megaman X2 - Opening Stage (everyone MUST check this one out!)
[b[Megaman X3 - Blast Hornet (love this version!)[/b]
Megaman X3 - Zero
Megaman X4 - Cyber Peacock
Megaman X4 - Zero Opening Stage
Megaman X5 - Volt Kraken
Megaman X5 - X Vs. Zero
Megaman X6 - Blaze Heatnix
Megaman X6 - Sigma 2nd Form
Megaman X7 - Crimson Palace
Megaman X8 - Jakob
Megaman X8 - True Sigma
I need to get Mega Man X on the Virtual Console, I forgot how great it was owning it back in 2002. If Mega Man X gets in over the classic versions, the bolded are a must.

I'm curious, what do you think of this Blast Hornet remix as if it was for the Genesis?
ChronoBound said:
Who here would be happy with K. Rool OR Dixie Kong?
I personally would. Just give me one of those two and I would be happy. Heck, I would be fine with just Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong team. I would be disappointed to see nothing new.

In response to the rest of your post, I think someone said that Sakurai doesn't game much. If so, then maybe that is the case. If he has played the game a lot, then I'm really hoping that Sakurai doesn't automatically bar those two from SSB4 for not being in Returns.

As I've said in my blog, King K. Rool has the blessing of being one of the very few characters with few people going against his inclusion and being very highly requested (The other being Little Mac) for SSB4. Hopefully, the near unanimous demand gets him in. I'm also hoping that my theory of a Forbidden Seven character making it to SSB4 is true so that we may finally see Dixie playable as either solo or as planned, a tag team with Diddy.
BKupa666 said:
By the way, on the subject of music, how many of you all want original music from Nintendo games, and how many want the music remixed for Smash?

Brawl seemed to work fine with both, although music selection seemed a bit iffy on a few stages.
I want a mix of both. That's what made Brawl's soundtrack so brilliant.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
- I think the reason why we didn't get a 5th Mario character is because he was planning to add Dr. Mario in as a playable character or an alt of Mario. Then Sakurai scrapped him and found he had no more time to add a 5th Mario Rep. There was also a lot of back lashes for only four Mario rep.
Good point, and that kind of makes my old theory seem even more truthful. Since Dr. Mario at the time was an alternate version of Mario, I could easily see Paper Mario replacing him in smash4, now as a more relevant version of Mario.

If only four appear in SSB4 again, expect them to receive a lot more. Also, that's like saying we're only getting one Metroid slot because a second one didn't show up in Brawl, etc. That logic just doesn't work.In terms of her chances, I think it's very strong, regardless of the pattern. Kid Icarus: Uprising is Sakurai's project and I would be surprised to see Pit as the sole representative of the franchise again and as Starphoenix said, he will do anything to get a new Kid Icarus rep in.
Problem; villains are always the 3rd rep, and I highly doubt KI is going to have three reps. It only recently lost status as a retro game. If it's lucky it'll have two reps.
The game hasn't come out yet, so don't dismiss the possibility of getting an ally as a second rep instead of Medusa if you guys REALLY want a second slot.
Even so, I still doubt it. The only reason I could see it happening is cause Sakurai worked on it. Let's wait for the release before we speculate more on specific characters being added from KI.

As for the Metroid thing; ZSS technically could count as a second metroid rep, since she has her own moveset and all. And unlike Sheik/Zelda, you can't really transform her in the middle of a fight.

(it's also why I have higher hopes for Ridley this time around)

If we get two Kid Icarus rep, it's going to be her. Granted, it does destroy the villain comes third pattern, but there are high demands for a second Kid Icarus rep and with Palutena as Pit's Final Smash and Magnus as kind of unlikely, this is pretty much our best shot at one.
Yeah, not seeing it.
Pit's Final Smash could easily just be changed to allow Palutena to be playable. It's not out of the question.
We don't know anything about Magnus (since hey, the game hasn't been released yet), so I don't think you should dismiss him just yet. Or any other allies that might appear in the game.

I agree on Nightmare, as Kirby needs a real bad guy, as Dedede is more like an "anti-hero tweener" since he has helped Kirby a lot.
3rd character is always the villain, and Dedede is still a villain even though he does help out a lot. So does Bowser, technically, but nobody expects the Shadow Queen or Cackletta or whatever to get in as a "true villain rep."
Furthermore, the 4th rep is always another ally.

I am vehemently against 3DS exclusives because honestly, **** a handheld version. Talk about a wastes character who will never be played to their full potential. I will only also disagree with WiiU exclusives if the 3DS can handle a 50 character roster or so. If they sacrifice in the WiiU version just to not make the 3DS game look bad, imma be furious. That is just unacceptable when you're dealing with a system that's apparently more powerful than the PS3.
Yeah, TBH I don't see any exclusives myself. The 3DS is pretty powerful.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
By the way, on the subject of music, how many of you all want original music from Nintendo games, and how many want the music remixed for Smash?

Brawl seemed to work fine with both, although music selection seemed a bit iffy on a few stages.
That's exactly what we should get, like MGS4 for example got it's Love Theme remixed by Brawl, not to mention Brawl had a bunch of well known composers from very respectable franchises, I have no doubts that the music will turn out to be great, just a few remixes wouldn't hurt though.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641

I think a mixture of both remixes and originals of songs, like Brawl did, would be the best option. The mixture of old and new is what sets the Smash series as one of the best fighters, in my mind, and one of the more easy ones to pick up and play.

One song I really want in the next Smash, even though we had it already is Gerudo Valley. It's by FAR one my favorite Legend of Zelda track to date. Not to mention I've heard some really amazing remixes of it, all of which I truly love with a passion. I'm sure they could bring an amazing remix out of their pocket for that song, being how well their remixes were in Brawl.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I honestly can't remember all of the tracks from Brawl. There's so many x.x Though, I'd want the following tracks to return, or be remixed:

Mute City
Gerudo Valley
Victory Road
Giga Bowser

There's probably others I can't remember right now. <__<

D

Deleted member

Oh...to add onto my music question, which music tracks from Brawl should return for SSBU (on a returning stage or added to a new stage)?

I would hope Bramble Blast and Fire Field return, among others.
I would love to see Underworld make a return. These songs as well:

Original:
- Brawl's Intro
- Menu 2

Super Mario Bros.:
- Princess Peach Castle (Melee)
- Donkey Kong (1981 game with Brawl's remix)
- 25M level
- Mario Bros.'s theme

Donkey Kong:
- Jungle Japes
- DK's Menu

The Legend of Zelda:
- Hidden Mountain and Forest
- Ocarina of Time Medley

Metroid:
- Brinstar (Melee)
- Brinstar Depth (Melee)
- Vs. Ridley

Kirby:
- Meta Knight Revenge
- Frozen Hillside
- Checker Knight

Star Fox:
- Space Armada
- Corneria (Melee and Brawl)

Pokemon:
- Victory Road
- Team Galatic Battle

F-zero:
- Mute City
- Fire Field
- White Land
- Climb Up! And Grab the Last Chance!

Earthbound:
- Mother theme (Melee)

Fire Emblem:
- With Mila's Divine Protection
- Attack

OmegaXXII

I honestly can't remember all of the tracks from Brawl. There's so many x.x Though, I'd want the following tracks to return, or be remixed:

Mute City
Gerudo Valley
Victory Road
Giga Bowser

There's probably others I can't remember right now. <__<
OMG!! The Giga Bowser theme is my all time favorite since Melee, there's no reason to remix it since it's already a remix of Final Destination (Melee)

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
OMG!! The Giga Bowser theme is my all time favorite since Melee, there's no reason to remix it since it's already a remix of Final Destination (Melee)
Which is a remix of Koopa's Road.
it's a remix within a remix?
*insert some sort of witless inception saying here*

As I said though, they can either leave it as is or remix any of those songs. I'm happy either way, honestly. I'm quite pleased with the Mute City they had in Brawl. Not sure if it's a remix, or just from a different F-Zero game.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Oh...to add onto my music question, which music tracks from Brawl should return for SSBU (on a returning stage or added to a new stage)?

I would hope Bramble Blast and Fire Field return, among others.
I personally wasn't a fan of the Brawl version of Stickerbrush Symphony. I thought the instrument arrangement was neat enough, but the timing got so butchered that it killed me. But I grew up with that song so I dunno. I'd prefer like a full blown synth version. Like 80's Rush Stickerbrush Symphony. How epic would that be?

Edit: Also, Turquoise or Orange? Whatcha think?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No love for the Battle Network tracks makes me a sad panda. :(

At least you could have looked at the Megaman Network Transmission tracks. Since they sound so much like Custom Robo 64 1&2. Which isn't surprising considering they were composed by the same sound team...

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I always thought Battle Network never really got it's fair shake. I only played one (Network Transmission), but it was really fun, and the robot master designs were quite good.

OmegaXXII

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Unless someone can prove to me that the 3DS can handle a mid 40s roster, I will continue to be 100% against this idea of the rosters/stages/music being the same on both versions (I'd actually like to see that).
3DS definitely can. I don't know where people got this idea it wouldn't be able to. 3DS cartridges are roughly 8gb in size; aka the amount of data Brawl used approximately. So this would lead you to believe that it can't go much further than Brawl, but a significant chunk of that 8 gigs is used up due to lazy programming rather than data consumption, as this blog states: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=114825

Essentially if it wasn't for them being ... nonsensical in the way they programmed it, they could have fit the game into roughly 4 gigabytes. Also take into account that the SSE cutscenes also take up a significant chunk of the data.

Overall, this idea that the 3DS wouldn't be able to handle the same amount of characters as the WiiU one is just ...well, wrong. I'd really like if I stopped reading about version exclusives as if they're needed. They won't be. I could see it still happening as a bigger cashgrab for Nintendo. But they're not needed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Morveux

Smash Cadet
Do you guys like it ? Okay, here is the idea :

1. Wario, Yoshi, Bowser Jr., Bowser, Luigi, Mario, Peach, Toad, Diddy, DK, K.Rool.
2. Wolf, Fox, Falco, Samus, Ridley, Megaman, Tingle, Toon Link, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf.
3. Metaknight, Kirby, King Dedede, Cpt Olimar, Louie, Random, Lyn, Marth, Ike, Ness, Lucas.
4. Isaac, Starfy, Lip, Little Mac, Saki, Sonic, Black Shadow, Cpt Falcon, Pit, Medusa, Takamaru.
5. Zoroark, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Meowth, PKM Trainer, Snake, G&W, Ice Climbers, R.O.B, Alice, Sukapon.​

* 20 NEWCOMERS * :afrainbo:
- Mario gets Bowser Jr. and Toad (fan request/popularity/importance)
- DK gets King K.Rool. (importance/fan request)
- Metroid gets Ridley. (importance/fan request/under-represented since SSB)
- Zelda gets Tingle. (semi-importance/own serie)
- Pikmin gets Louie. (Pikmin 3/importance)
- Fire Emblem gets Lyn. (importance/AT in Brawl)
- F-Zero gets Black Shadow. (under-represented since SSB/importance)
- Kid Icarus gets Medusa. (Sakurai's new KI/importance)
- Pokemon gets Meowth and Zoroark. (fan request since SSB/anime popularity/new flavour)
- There are 5 new franchises : Golden Sun, The Legendary Starfy, Panel de Pon, Punch Out!!, Sin&Punishment.
- There are 3 retro characters : Alice&Balloon Fighter, Sukapon and Takamaru (programmed in Melee)
- There is 1 new guest : Megaman (no more not to leave its sense)
- Lucario get cut. Zoroark takes his spot for being for being the new pokemon of the week.

--> Alice&Balloon Fighter's concept : http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12938775&postcount=8907

[Smash Bros. 5 should welcome : Waluigi (Mario), Cpt Syrup (Wario), Kamek (Yoshi), Dixie Kong (DK), Krystal (Starfox), Waddle Dee (Kirby), Skull Kid/Majora Link (Zelda), Claus (Mother), Paletuna (Kid Icarus), 7th generation Pokemon, Mewtwo's return, new franchises, Chibi-Robo, Andy (Advance Wars), Ray (Custom Robot), another guest (Ryu Hayabusa/Bomberman/Slime). So yeah.. it would mean more than 65 characters..]

OmegaXXII

Does anyone know how to collapse pictures? This is just getting obnoxious.
just add
tags :/

I don't exactly see 20 newcomers, that WAY too many character, it's not going to happen, if anything well probably get 10 at most and that's a bit much considering Sakurai doesn't want to go over 50 characters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
20 newcomers seems to be too many. I think we'll get 10 if we're lucky.
I dunno, 10 is pretty reasonable. 12 if we're lucky sounds better.

SINCE YOU LOVE PATTERNS, Melee boosted the number of characters by 14, and Brawl by 13. SO SM4SH COULD BE 12?!?!?!11

Reyairia

Smash Champion
YES I LOVE PATTERNS. But it's difficult to tell from just a couple of games, and I think that was a coincidence, but whatever. 12 seems okay as a guess, it's impossible to really tell, but I don't think we're going to have that many newcomers this time around. 20 seems far too many, even if Sakurai has more help this time around.

OmegaXXII

Here are my sonic suggestions from Heroes, I will add others from SA2, Colors, Generations etc...

Okay, here are some of the Sonic tracks I'd like to see from Sonic Heroes:

Team Chaotix

The Lost Jungle

Final Boss (what I'm made of)

Grand Metropolis

Team Sonic theme

Egg Fleet

Team Rose

Rail Canyon

Final Fortress

Shadow the Hedgehog - Cosmic Fall

Those are some that I would love to see as far as Sonic goes, even though there are alot of games to choose from...

Bonus Sonic Generations - City Escape 2011 HD

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think I almost went into a seizure looking at that roster template. To many bright colors on that white background. @_@

Omega: You might like this. Since you are on a Custom Robo music kick. Here is more of Shinji Hosoe and his sound team. http://youtu.be/PobgCpnm0u8

D

Deleted member

Twenty newcomers is definitely too much. I think we will see somewhere between nine and fifteen newcomers with 0-3 cuts.

People are forgetting that Sakurai never said anything about him not wanting over 50 characters in the game, transformations included. He simply said that he doesn't just want to do that. Meaning that he may or may not do it, but his goal is not to keep the roster under 50 (Transformations included).

@Ike-Sama: You should check out my post. It has lots of great Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire music. Also, you have good sense of Pokemon music.
Hoots said:
As promised, here are just a few suggestions for Professor Layton songs. I don't have much time so there are only a few and while there are a ton more great songs, a lot of them might not work in a Brawler. Here are some of my favorites:

Professor Layton's Theme (My personal favorite)
Unwound Future Theme
Puzzle
Song of the Sun
Don Paolo's Theme
Diabolical Box Theme
Hmm, pretty interesting and a nice, different way to approach video game music.
Reyairia said:
Wow, this is great, I love this theme.[COLLAPSE="Those who don't want to get into the version exclusives debate should not click this"]
LostAddict said:
3DS definitely can. I don't know where people got this idea it wouldn't be able to. 3DS cartridges are roughly 8gb in size; aka the amount of data Brawl used approximately. So this would lead you to believe that it can't go much further than Brawl, but a significant chunk of that 8 gigs is used up due to lazy programming rather than data consumption, as this blog states: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=114825

Essentially if it wasn't for them being ... nonsensical in the way they programmed it, they could have fit the game into roughly 4 gigabytes. Also take into account that the SSE cutscenes also take up a significant chunk of the data.

Overall, this idea that the 3DS wouldn't be able to handle the same amount of characters as the WiiU one is just ...well, wrong. I'd really like if I stopped reading about version exclusives as if they're needed. They won't be. I could see it still happening as a bigger cashgrab for Nintendo. But they're not needed.
I'm hoping that Sakurai will learn from this and compress the 3DS version as much as humanly possible if we get universal rosters to get at least 44 slots in. At least you've brought proof, although I still dislike this idea. Two questions:

1. Do you think Sakurai will compress data for the 3DS version as much as possible to satisfy expectations of 40-49 slots (Which is generally considered realistic)?

2. What do you think of the 3DS having 30-35 slots with no exclusives and the Wii-U having 40+ slots with all exclusive characters?[/COLLAPSE]

OmegaXXII

After listening to cosmic fall (which I feel like referring to as cosmic starfall for some reason) I've got two questions for you.

1. Custom Music being a possibility, how would we be capable of uploading songs from our favorite games? Since I know for sure you aren't going out to buy MMX music collection from play-asia or some **** like that.

2. How did you find this song? Did you actually play through this game? (The song's awesome btw)
good question, let's see:

1. Well, I have a theory and it's simple, if the Wii-U has an SD slot, than SSB4 could utilize the list of songs you have on the SD Card and load them there, it's not impossible as Brawl was able to utilize certain functions via an SD Card in game, so maybe SSB4 could take it a step further and do it, at least in custom stages it would work.

2. Actually, yes I've played through the whole game, while the game wasn't taken as good as the others I for one enjoyed it because of the music, it had a nice selection of tracks, but overall decent.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
just add
tags :/

I don't exactly see 20 newcomers, that WAY too many character, it's not going to happen, if anything well probably get 10 at most and that's a bit much considering Sakurai doesn't want to go over 50 characters.

Well, to be fair... we did get 17/18 newcomers in Brawl (including transformations), whether you counted Toon Link or not.

D

Deleted member

Well, to be fair... we did get 17/18 newcomers in Brawl (including transformations), whether you counted Toon Link or not.
Not counting transformations and Toon Link, I actually see a pattern. We had the original twelve, thirteen newcomers in Melee, and fourteen newcomers in Brawl. If this pattern continues, we could be seeing fifteen newcomers, not including transformations or a new variation of a child Link. That said, I think that's the likely best case scenario and I think there's a great chance we'll see that pattern broken in SSB4. As I've said before, I see anywhere between nine newcomers and fifteen newcomers and the overall number to be 44-49.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom