• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post?

My top picks are seen in my sig already
If Ridley is a boss again, at least make it to where after you defeat him, he becomes playable. It would be insulting to see only one rep for the Metroid franchise again.
I hope he's playable.

Let's hope he does not find some lame excuse to decline Ridley's inclusion.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ok, here we are:

Also re-uploaded Wart as I noticed a lighting error in one of the frames.

D

Deleted member

@berserker01 (#7679): Thanks for the Victini's move set. This is a great way to show that Victini has lots of fighting potential and that should be recognize.

@Starphoenix: Thanks. Looking forward to using them.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=049AylhY7SA
I've made 2 hypothetical SSB4 rosters, 1 for the 3DS, and 1 for the Wii U.
Also, how can I get one of these neat wishlist Bannners? If I request them, I would request Paper Mario, Toad, Geno, Ray 01, Mewtwo, Waluigi(He's in my roster as a mario spinoff representing mario sports/party/kart), and Starfy. But the 3 biggest are Paper Mario, Toad and Ray 01.

D

Deleted member

My twelve that I really want to play with are in my sig. Thanks Starphoenix. Only ones left are Bowser Jr. and King K. Rool and I won't need anything else.

..... He's really making the Nathan Drake sig isn't he o_o?

The nearly impossible or unlikely or undeserving character that I want is Ghirahim. He's fabulous.

D

Deleted member

Who is Ghirahim?, it sounds like an FE character?
Ghirahim is an upcoming main antagonist of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords. He's the only newcomers that wouldn't end up sucking or be a clone.

Ghirahim is an upcoming main antagonist of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords. He's the only newcomers that wouldn't end up sucking or be a clone.
What Smash Bros. fan said.

I don't think he'll get in but his playstyle will be different from almost all the characters. It might be a LITTLE similar to Marth.

D

Deleted member

All the characters I want in are finally available. Thank you very much Starphoenix.

Also, watch as someone puts Nathan Drake in his signature.

D

Deleted member

(Sorry for double posting, but I'm testing to see whenever or not the signature works)

What, it's not working? I clearly asked for it to displace my signature.

D

Deleted member

How many characters are you expecting to be revealed at Smash Bros. Dojo, not including those revealed a day or two before the Japanese release?

I think we'll see around 30 character get into the game. 24 vets and four to seven newcomers (Because after Brawl, Sakurai probably should keep most of the newcomers unlockable)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Back in the day I had 5 people in my signature: Geno, Megaman, Ridley, King Dedede and Bill Cosby. :laugh: I'm still trying to decide my five most wanted this time around. Actually, if someone could make me a Muddy Mole sig that would be great.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My last two for the day.

Fatman: Well guess what, I actually just finished a Muddy Mole add-on! lol

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice said:
Back in the day I had 5 people in my signature: Geno, Megaman, Ridley, King Dedede and Bill Cosby. I'm still trying to decide my five most wanted this time around. Actually, if someone could make me a Muddy Mole sig that would be great.
You actually wanted Bill Cosby in the game? No wonder why your signature today has Bill Cosby in it.

Also I'm doing twelve because these would be the type of newcomers that most people with realistic expectations would be please with and that I really, really want to see these people in the game.

As for most wanted, I have twelve:

12th: Isaac
11th: Little Mac
10th : Bowser Jr./Paper Mario
9th: Takamaru
8th: Medusa
7th: Saki Amamiya
6th: Starfy
5th: Victini
4th: Ray MK I/II/III
3rd: King K. Rool
2nd: Ridley
1st: Mega Man

Oh and Starphoenix got your Muddy Moles in.

All the characters I want in are finally available. Thank you very much Starphoenix.

Also, watch as someone puts Nathan Drake in his signature.
I'm that someone

I don't care who appears in the Dojo. I hope no one gets cut and we get what we want. However, most likely all the vets will return. The 4 secret characters won't be seen in the dojo so it could be a secret. There will be 9 -15 newcomers. That makes 45 - 50 characters.

My top picks:
1.) Toad
2.) Ridley
3.) Little Mac
4.) Mega Man
5.) Saki
6.) Medusa
7.) Isaac
8.) K Rool
9.) Paper Mario/Jr.
10.) Ghirahim and Nathan Drake (Starfy)

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Aww man, I missed the Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario debate. I really like this moveset (and the little character box- many props to Starphoenix) it combines Shadow Mario and Bowser Jr very effectively. The only worry I have with it is that it's very Sunshine oriented.

Here's another character box for Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario

I remember back in the day I was part of the Mewtwo alliance so I didnt have all the character boxes thingys. I just had this-
(click it to go to the original thread)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Moveset list for characters:

Ok so I read Victini

and....why is he soo broken? I like the moveset overall but the special effects assumed knockback is stupid. Not even Ike can kill at 50% percent even if the opponent doesn't DI and momentum cancel.

Up-tilt is broken as hell too LOL, It takes like 1.5 seconds (sometime around that I read in another thread) for your shield to regenerate a phase and if the shield is at lowest possible it takes a good 14 seconds for it to regenerate all the way. So going off Utilts description that's soo ********, not only does it do significant shield reduction (that part is not really a problem. See: Marth's shield breaker) but it also misplaces my shield so even if I try to shield tilt I'm open to cross-ups until my shield goes back to 100%? Nahh that's not going to come across well competitively and casually. It defeats the whole purpose of shielding. Don't give the well just spotdodge/dodgeroll crap either, everyone knows you aren't going to spotdodge/dodgeroll on reaction to everything.

It didn't give what the possible framedata for it would be so I'm assuming the normal speed type character's frame data and it being somewhere between 4-10 frames. The human's natural reaction time is around 14 frames. So that makes the move even more broken if you were to be pressured into a situation where shielding looks like the best option.

This Utilt is not the only problem I feel like I can go for ever about it actually. Let's try, so let's say you try to cover the option of Victini trying to Utilt you, so you Jump OoS (Out of Shield) it's side B (Flare Blitz) completely denys Jumping OoS as an option because of the mechanics behind Flare Blitz that I read from. What makes even worse Flare Blitz is the move that kills you at 50%.

Ftilt's timer needs to be severely reduced to about 40 frames because that's ridiculous to chased around by a projectile. You are forced to cover the option of being hit by Ftilt for three whole seconds. That's 180 frames. Not only that but now I read you can use it a move end lag canceler? What is this. I was enjoyed with this now I'm disappointed.

Wtf. Why does it kill so damn early? I understand maybe one or two moves on a speed character being a heavy hitter. (See: Fox's Usmash). Is Victini going to be slow start up framewise or ending lag wise? If not this a definite NO, as a moveset or character.

WOOOOW, Dair kills at 80%, and Victini has a 8% Super Armor while in start up frames? Wooww that's pretty gay. Let's look at another move. Hmm. I like Uair it's pretty different. Too bad about 80% of this moveset is broken LOL. More moves need to look Fair tbh, it mentions having a noticeable start-up with some serious knockback...oh look it kills at 70%.

More knockback usually means bigger shield reduction,

ALL of this would be a lot more legit, if I didn't have to worry about covering the most obvious broken move on this moveset. Utilt. SO, I'm stuck waiting for my shield to come back to 100% until it's an actual viable move, because cross-ups are going to **** me for shielding all day. Not to mention most of these other moves if I were to shield would perfectly keep my shield from ever reaching 100%

Ok so I read Victini

and....why is he soo broken? I like the moveset overall but the special effects assumed knockback is stupid. Not even Ike can kill at 50% percent even if the opponent doesn't DI and momentum cancel.

Up-tilt is broken as hell too LOL, It takes like 1.5 seconds (sometime around that I read in another thread) for your shield to regenerate a phase and if the shield is at lowest possible it takes a good 14 seconds for it to regenerate all the way. So going off Utilts description that's soo ********, not only does it do significant shield reduction (that part is not really a problem. See: Marth's shield breaker) but it also misplaces my shield so even if I try to shield tilt I'm open to cross-ups until my shield goes back to 100%? Nahh that's not going to come across well competitively and casually. It defeats the whole purpose of shielding. Don't give the well just spotdodge/dodgeroll crap either, everyone knows you aren't going to spotdodge/dodgeroll on reaction to everything.

It didn't give what the possible framedata for it would be so I'm assuming the normal speed type character's frame data and it being somewhere between 4-10 frames. The human's natural reaction time is around 14 frames. So that makes the move even more broken if you were to be pressured into a situation where shielding looks like the best option.

This Utilt is not the only problem I feel like I can go for ever about it actually. Let's try, so let's say you try to cover the option of Victini trying to Utilt you, so you Jump OoS (Out of Shield) it's side B (Flare Blitz) completely denys Jumping OoS as an option because of the mechanics behind Flare Blitz that I read from. What makes even worse Flare Blitz is the move that kills you at 50%.

Ftilt's timer needs to be severely reduced to about 40 frames because that's ridiculous to chased around by a projectile. You are forced to cover the option of being hit by Ftilt for three whole seconds. That's 180 frames. Not only that but now I read you can use it a move end lag canceler? What is this. I was enjoyed with this now I'm disappointed.

Wtf. Why does it kill so damn early? I understand maybe one or two moves on a speed character being a heavy hitter. (See: Fox's Usmash). Is Victini going to be slow start up framewise or ending lag wise? If not this a definite NO, as a moveset or character.

WOOOOW, Dair kills at 80%, and Victini has a 8% Super Armor while in start up frames? Wooww that's pretty gay. Let's look at another move. Hmm. I like Uair it's pretty different. Too bad about 80% of this moveset is broken LOL. More moves need to look Fair tbh, it mentions having a noticeable start-up with some serious knockback...oh look it kills at 70%.

More knockback usually means bigger shield reduction,

ALL of this would be a lot more legit, if I didn't have to worry about covering the most obvious broken move on this moveset. Utilt. SO, I'm stuck waiting for my shield to come back to 100% until it's an actual viable move, because cross-ups are going to **** me for shielding all day. Not to mention most of these other moves if I were to shield would perfectly keep my shield from ever reaching 100%
I bet if Victini were in, maybe most of his moves here could be part of his moveset. Not as broken though

Off for now.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree, better mechanics along with a good/ decent character balances would definetly make SSB4 Melee's successor, I can't wait too see how Sora is going to handle this now that Sakurai isn't in charge of full development.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here are some Kirby Hat descriptions that I've done up to go with the newcomer characters that I have on my roster...

Bowser Jr.: Kirby gets Bowser Jr.'s horns, eyebrows, and hair.

Dixie Kong: Kirby gets Dixie's hat and ponytail.

King K. Rool: Kirby gets K. Rool's crown. Hat does not change if Kirby swallows K. Rool's alternate outfits.

Ridley: Kirby wears a hat which resembles Ridley's head.

Samurai Goroh: Kirby gets Goroh's cap and glasses.

Black Shadow: Kirby gets Black Shadow's horns.

Isaac: Kirby gets Isaac's hair.

Leon: Kirby gets a cap which resembles Leon's head.

Saki: Kirby gets Saki's hair.

Zoroark: Kirby wears a cap which resembles Zoroark's head. The cap does include Zoroark's long hair.

Takamaru: Kirby gets Takamaru's hair.

Starfy: Kirby wears a cap which resembles Starfy.

Tails: Kirby gets Tails's ears and two tails.

White Mage: Kirby wears a White Mage hood, which has cat ears on it. This is similar to what Chocobo's White Mage outfit looked like in Chocobo's Dungeon.

Black Mage: Kirby wears the Black Mage's hat. His face remains the same.

Thino

Smash Master
I agree, better mechanics along with a good/ decent character balances would definetly make SSB4 Melee's successor, I can't wait too see how Sora is going to handle this now that Sakurai isn't in charge of full development.
why do people want SSB4 to be Melee's successor and not Brawl's so bad? :awesome:

Sora could make it like , a better Brawl or something

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
why do people want SSB4 to be Melee's successor and not Brawl's so bad? :awesome:

Tbh as a competitve melee and Brawl player.

Melee gave more to the competitive community and casuals could enjoy the game too, while being fast paced.

I love brawl, but people dislike the lack of a combo system/hitstun system, and slowness and floatiness of it.

Generally speaking.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

People just don't like Brawl's mechanics. They don't like the tripping, and being able to KO stuff at less than 100% damage is almost impossible with a 1.0 damage ratio.

D

Deleted member

For Kirby hats:

Victini: Kirby gets Victini's two pointy ears.

Mega Man: Kirby gets Mega Man's helmet.

Little Mac: Kirby gets Little Mac's boxing uniform.

Ray MK III: Kirby gets some parts that you also see on Ray MK III.

D

Deleted member

Good luck with that, considering that Kirby's body isn't exactly built to wear anything but hats. The DK cap is one of the rare exceptions though.

Anyway, maybe giving Kirby Little Mac's hair would work.
Which means it can be done. But I don't really care about how the player look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom