• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
1. Kevin Keene-Captain N The Game Master

He's perfect for SSB, he was already the star of a Nintendo crossover! But I think they should include an updated version of him, armed with the classic controller & Wii Zapper instead of the NES ones.

& before anyone starts complaining let me add that
A. Nintendo does own the rights to him, not DiC
B. The quality of the show itself has no bearing on the quality of any new stuff he may appear in
C. No one has ever said that Captain N himself was a reason for the show's suckage. It was the rest of the cast that brought it down.
D. It still had more accurate characterization than Metroid Other M & trust me, that game WILL be referenced.

2. Simon Belmont-Castlevania

Goes without saying really.

& see, he has his official appearance, not the one from the show.

3. Phantom Zelda-Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

She would certainly play quite differently from regular Zelda, that's for sure. SSB could use more big powerhouse characters that aren't villains.

Does anyone else get Full Metal Alchemist flashbacks looking at that pic?

4. Little Mac-Punch Out!

The Wii game gave him a perfect Final Smash canidate (Giga Mac transformation), no excuse for leaving him out this time.

5. Sami-Advance Wars

I suppose Andy is arguably the unofficial main character of AW & his wrenches are a lot less likely to be censored than Sami's guys but screw him Sami's still a better choice! She appears to be a far more capable combatant than other COs since she's always seen with weaponry & specializes in infantry. & much nicer on the eyes. too.

6. Jack/Pete-Harvest Moon

Apparently his canon name is a bit inconsistent. He could attack with scicles, axes & hammers.

D

Deleted member

#3601: Suggestions on this forum are starting to get unrealistic. The only likely suggestion is Little Mac. Others range from unlikely to downright impossible. The rules say that they must originate as a video game character and Kevin Keene originates as a comic book character; therefore, can be ruled out.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
1. Kevin Keene-Captain N The Game Master

He's perfect for SSB, he was already the star of a Nintendo crossover! But I think they should include an updated version of him, armed with the classic controller & Wii Zapper instead of the NES ones.

& before anyone starts complaining let me add that
A. Nintendo does own the rights to him, not DiC
B. The quality of the show itself has no bearing on the quality of any new stuff he may appear in
C. No one has ever said that Captain N himself was a reason for the show's suckage. It was the rest of the cast that brought it down.
D. It still had more accurate characterization than Metroid Other M & trust me, that game WILL be referenced.

2. Simon Belmont-Castlevania

Goes without saying really.

& see, he has his official appearance, not the one from the show.

3. Phantom Zelda-Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

She would certainly play quite differently from regular Zelda, that's for sure. SSB could use more big powerhouse characters that aren't villains.

Does anyone else get Full Metal Alchemist flashbacks looking at that pic?

4. Little Mac-Punch Out!

The Wii game gave him a perfect Final Smash canidate (Giga Mac transformation), no excuse for leaving him out this time.

5. Sami-Advance Wars

I suppose Andy is arguably the unofficial main character of AW & his wrenches are a lot less likely to be censored than Sami's guys but screw him Sami's still a better choice! She appears to be a far more capable combatant than other COs since she's always seen with weaponry & specializes in infantry. & much nicer on the eyes. too.

6. Jack/Pete-Harvest Moon

Apparently his canon name is a bit inconsistent. He could attack with scicles, axes & hammers.

1.......I dunno. yes Nintendo does own the rights, but he's still not a videogame character.

going by your logic, Edward Elric would be able to go in Dissidia.

2. If snake does represent Konami and not metal Gear, only Snake could go in the game.
although, they could just switch snake with him(and since he was also in DreamMix with Snake, they have a moveset to build on.)

3. you know toon Zelda, the charactyer from the lost 7 list? if they do use her, she could become this instead of Tetra. EXZelda? yes!

4. we need mor Mac!

5.at the end of the day, we agree on one thing: Advance Wars needs a rep. like, now.

6. he ould be third party, and almost anything he(or she, as it is in current games) could do, the character from Animal Crossing could do as well.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
#3601: Suggestions on this forum are starting to get unrealistic. The only likely suggestion is Little Mac. Others range from unlikely to downright impossible. The rules say that they must originate as a video game character and Kevin Keene originates as a comic book character; therefore, can be ruled out.
At least he didn't suggest big lipped mother brain from it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm positive that Sakurai's "rules" aren't written in stone.

You people take these "rules" too seriously.

I doubt he will get in, but as long as Nintendo owns the rights, and if they were willing, I'm sure Captain N could get in

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
I reject Captain N. I reject him SO hard that I pray my rejection somehow throws him off the face of the internet forever.

Now that I have that bit hate out of the way...

I'd like to see the following (and these, unlike my previous suggestions, might be feesable?):

Mega Man - Come on, this is a given. And no, if anyone complains that he'd be a Samus clone, they obviously have not played ANY of the Mega Man games. Which incarnation of Mega Man would they use though? I'd support X. He's the most badass out of all of them, although I could probably see them using the Net Navi one (much to my dissapointment).

A Castlevania Character - Okay, okay, I know this is me copping out and not giving a specific name, but come on! There's so many to choose from! For a more...widely ranged moveset, I'd suggest Soma Cruz? I could see him as an extremely versatile fighter. Or if not him, perhaps Shanoa?

Wolf Link - This suggestion might be a bit...er...controversial. I honestly think though, that if you paired him up with Imp-Midna, you could get some awesome-sauce out of it! He'd be a different enough of a character from Link/Toon Link to be his own character (no clone moveset!)

Travis Touchdown - ...XD, okay, I'm sorry, no more joking around. It'd be awesome, but we all know it's never gonna happen.

Square-enix Guest Fighter - Hey, why not? Snake got tossed into the last one, who's to say that next Square-Enix might not decide to throw a hat into the ring? I'd bet Geno on this one, simply because he's a fan favorite of a nintendo game. I hear his name thrown around alot, so I figured this would be a save bet.

Another Fire Emblem Character - I know nothing about Fire Emblem, but hey, they might throw another into the game...

Zoroark - (Did I spell that right?) Now this character I don't think would be an actual character. For those who played Soul Calibur 2, remember Charade? Yeah, I think that this would be the best bet.

- End of List (for now) -

Now, another concept is the ability to customize character movesets. Now, I know everyone says that it would take too much programming, but perhaps they might instead REDUCE the character pool instead of increasing it and instead concentrate on balance, moves, ect? Maybe more costumes for each of the characters as well? Different weapons/armor/accessories? Okay, I'm going a bit overboard here, but hey, more characters doesn't always mean better...

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
my third party characters that i love to see in ssb4 will be sonic and snake (returning), megaman, travis touchdown, possibly jack (mad world),

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
my third party characters that i love to see in ssb4 will be sonic and snake (returning), megaman, travis touchdown, possibly jack (mad world),
Let's be honest here: Travis Touchdown and Jack aren't family friendly enough for a game like Smash Bros. As awesome as the first would be....(Taunt: Chargin' the sword...:D)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Megaman gets in, then Sukapon really should to. Since his story is just a huge rip-off of Megaman's, lol.

Should really update that...

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Let's be honest here: Travis Touchdown and Jack aren't family friendly enough for a game like Smash Bros. As awesome as the first would be....(Taunt: Chargin' the sword...:D)
they could work there way around that like snake, yeah jack might be too much but travis, i could see him in ssb4

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rather have older, more developed 3rd party characters than ones from newer games

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
@ MAtgSy: As for Captain N I would love nothing more then to have him playable in Smash. He was Smash Bros. before it even existed. Unfortuneatly Sakurai said that they had to have appeared in one Nintendo game in order to be accepted. The closest you'll get with him is by having Mii's as a playable character and make him that way.

Little Mac is my #1 want.

I think Andy is more appropriate for representing Advance Wars

I doubt Phantom Zelda will be playable (Since it happen in a single game). They could if they replace Shiek (I know a lot of people don't want that).

The rest I don't care about.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Megaman gets in, then Sukapon really should to. Since his story is just a huge rip-off of Megaman's, lol.

Should really update that...
Are we at the point now where we can start using GIFs?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'm positive that Sakurai's "rules" aren't written in stone.

You people take these "rules" too seriously.

I doubt he will get in, but as long as Nintendo owns the rights, and if they were willing, I'm sure Captain N could get in
My thoughts exactly. Remember when everyone was saying that 3rd parties were impossible? Look what happened to that "rule".

Who else could fill the role of WTF final character once held by G&W/ROB?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My thoughts exactly. Remember when everyone was saying that 3rd parties were impossible? Look what happened to that "rule".

Playable Miyamoto.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman

Also, if Marvel decides to step in and try to include Iron Man and Captain America, that will also break the rule of no characters that are not based from a video game (characters that are not debuted through a video game, as pretty much all of the Marvel characters are debuted through comic books).

Sakurai isn't really that picky, he does listen into fan requests a little bit if they brag about it enough (I mean, the Mario and Sonic fandom wanted a crossover of the most iconic video games characters from the two rival companies, Nintendo and Sega, for years and they finally got what they wanted through SSBB and the Olympic games). Ideally, Nintendo vs. Capcom would be nice, but Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Nintendo would be much better for those who prefer Capcom's fighting gameplay.

Since we had Sonic in SSBB, do you think it's actually possible they could introduce Tails and Knuckles into the mix as playable characters?

EDIT: I don't think Ike would come back for the next Super Smash Bros. game since the inclusion of him was meant to promote his Fire Emblem universe. The only way Roy may come back for Super Smash Bros is if Nintendo decides to announce a remake of the game he appeared (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) or an anime adaption for both U.S. and Jjapan's release (and I was hoping for the remake for The Sword of Seals because 1) Roy's Fire Emblem universe was the first universe the western gamers were exposed to ever since Nintendo decided to release Fire Emblem outside of Japan, 2) the great characters in that universe.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
Also, if Marvel decides to step in and try to include Iron Man and Captain America, that will also break the rule of no characters that are not based from a video game (characters that are not debuted through a video game, as pretty much all of the Marvel characters are debuted through comic books).

Sakurai isn't really that picky, he does listen into fan requests a little bit if they brag about it enough (I mean, the Mario and Sonic fandom wanted a crossover of the most iconic video games characters from the two rival companies, Nintendo and Sega, for years and they finally got what they wanted through SSBB and the Olympic games). Ideally, Nintendo vs. Capcom would be nice, but Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Nintendo would be much better for those who prefer Capcom's fighting gameplay.

Since we had Sonic in SSBB, do you think it's actually possible they could introduce Tails and Knuckles into the mix as playable characters?
I reject this plan and everyone involved!

But no seriously, I REALLY highly doubt Marvel. REAAAAAALY doubt Marvel. Capcom, maybe. It'd be a stretch and someone in the development team might have to brown-nose someone else, but it might be doable.

Thino

Smash Master
Could toon Zelda still have a chance even tho she was one of the 7 that did not make it in to brawl?

if she does , expect a Tetra transformation and at least one more character per franchise in the game ( Toad , Krystal , Samurai Goroh , Ridley , Medusa , Prince Fluff, Hector , Kumatora , Stunfisk , Tails , Dixie and that orange bird from Ice Climbers ) or that one of the current Zelda characters gets the boot

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I remembered something: the trophy of Misty in Melee had her wearing an outfit from the anime, not something she wore in the games. It's minor but indeed proof of animated works can have a presence in SSB.

I would also be fine with Captain N being a boss instead. No rules have ever been stated for boss candidacy.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I reject this plan and everyone involved!

But no seriously, I REALLY highly doubt Marvel. REAAAAAALY doubt Marvel. Capcom, maybe. It'd be a stretch and someone in the development team might have to brown-nose someone else, but it might be doable.
Considering Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe can be described as a response to Marvel vs Capcom, I'm guessing Marvel may want to take a little step forward here.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Considering Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe can be described as a response to Marvel vs Capcom, I'm guessing Marvel may want to take a little step forward here.
OMG, I'm sorry. Don't want to be an ***, but you REALLY don't see how ****ing ******** it is to have half the cast be 3rd party and have characters that aren't even in video games in SMASH???

You trying to make Smash, not smash. WHY

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remembered something: the trophy of Misty in Melee had her wearing an outfit from the anime, not something she wore in the games. It's minor but indeed proof of animated works can have a presence in SSB.

I would also be fine with Captain N being a boss instead. No rules have ever been stated for boss candidacy.
NO Anime in Smash.

NONE

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
You trying to make Smash, not smash. WHY
Including third-party characters like Snake and Sonic was a step forward for the Super Smash Bros. series, including characters that are not debuted through video games (4th party) is a step even further, and Marvel happens to be a good start judging by the fact that Sakurai is interested in working with Capcom for the next Super Smash Bros. Including Final Fantasy and Nippon Ichi characters (Disgaea and Phantom Brave) is two steps more forward. So in turn, I hope Nintendo can go four steps forwards and try to appeal to other gamers as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Including third-party characters like Snake and Sonic was a step forward for the Super Smash Bros. series, including characters that are not debuted through video games (4th party) is a step even further, and Marvel happens to be a good start judging by the fact that Sakurai is interested in working with Capcom for the next Super Smash Bros. Including Final Fantasy and Nippon Ichi characters (Disgaea and Phantom Brave) is two steps more forward. So in turn, I hope Nintendo can go four steps forwards and try to appeal to other gamers as well.
Marvel characters in smash is just as bad as anime characters

Keep it video game characters

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
However, that's Mortal Kombat (God, I hate typing that. I keep wanting to spell it Combat, like HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SPELLED.) and this is Smash Bros. I just can't see for the life of me Marvel Vs. Nintendo. Just does not compute.

Though, I'm not a comic book fan by any stretch and I'd much rather see Dante vs. Link than Thor vs. Mario or whatnot.

Thino

Smash Master
wouldnt Nintendo have to buy license for every single of those characters?

mynameiscamden

Smash Rookie
I think I've come up with a fairly reasonable character roster
I've underlined the universes and put the unlockable characters in bold.
There should be 47 over all. Tell me what you think

Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Toad

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Mewtwo

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Micaiah

EarthBound
Ness
Lucas
Ninten

Other (Nintendo)
Yoshi
Samus
Capt. Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Wario
Pit
Olimar
Isaac
Jill
Little Mac
R.O.B.
Ray MK III

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
I think I've come up with a fairly reasonable character roster
I've underlined the universes and put the unlockable characters in bold.
There should be 47 over all. Tell me what you think

Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Toad

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Mewtwo

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Slippy

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Micaiah

EarthBound
Ness
Lucas
Ninten

Other (Nintendo)
Yoshi
Samus
Capt. Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Wario
Pit
Olimar
Isaac
Jill
Little Mac
R.O.B.
Ray MK III

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

If they actually added Tingle, I would have to kill someone. Some poor ******* who works at Nintendo would have to die for my utter and complete rage. There are TONS of better characters than Tingle. And who the F is Ninten? I'd also like to reject the idea of Slippy. He makes me only slightly less confused than the suggestion for Mother Brain.

EDIT: Crap, accidently double posted. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom