• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I totally agree with this, but instead of White Mage, it should be Cloud Strife, he obviously has a bigger fanbase.

Why not Snake, sure he may have been over buffed in Brawl, but that doesn't change who he is, I honestly eat him back.

Also Mewtwo needs to make his legendary appearance again, Lucario was a big NONO for me.

:phone:
As much as I want to add Mewtwo, I also want to represent the 5th generation of Pokemon, while not overloading the Pokemon roster. I would replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo if it weren't for the fact that Jigglypuff is one of the original 12 veterans.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope they don't do another DOJO, nothing ruined the final game experience more than knowing 70% of what was in the game. Simply not going to the DOJO wasn't feasible as EVERY gaming site would report on what the latest update that day had been.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Does anyone remember those smash flash videos like brawl taunts and smash kingdom during the pre-brawl hype? I hope people do those types of videos again.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Unless they have a simultaneous worldwide launch (or you are in Japan), you'll probably learn all the big stuff either way, DOJO or no.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Among competitive players who have really delved into the game, Melee is consistently considered one of the most deep and fun games to ever exist. As a result it has had nearly 10 years of tournaments; a rich history very few games can match (only starcraft: BW has had this longevity and popularity, and that was largely because of corporate backing).

Do you really think that Falcon v. Fox match that you saw was all that there was to it? Do you really think you have enough information on Melee that you can dismiss the opinions of the most informed? Answer honestly. There is a whole level you can't see yet (hell, there is a whole level I can't see yet; I'm not the best in the world). As a smash fan, you should want to see those limits. Go to a tournament and meet your region's players. I guarantee you will meet a lot of friends.
Are we really trying to compare Starcraft BW to Smash Brothers. Sorry, but the reason it was successful for so long was simply how big it got. It's almost a National Sport there. And unlike Smash Brothers, you can make a career. Hell, players like Day 9 have been able to branch out and do other things while many Korean players who retire coach.

And no, I believe there are many other competive games that beat 10 years. Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter come to mind. Also, the tournament scene was a dying one. It's not growing and no major tournament has Melee. It was removed from MLG in 2007.

The problem is that the competitive Smash community ask for things are are just plain stupid. This is a 4 player game. So they want it to totally be balanced for 1v1 (and cry about OP and UP). They want combos despite the fact that this game is based around knocking people around. They want the game to be really fast despite the fact that this will make it harder and not add anything for the 99% of people who play this game. It's assumed that they are the ones who should be catered to despite they make up less than 1% of sales.

Competitive Smash Brothers will die with SSB4. Brawl created a rift that should have never happened and split the community. Now, with being kicked out of many major tournaments and the community being split again, there will not be enough players to support competitive Smash Brothers.

Many people will say that it was Sakurai's fault because he made the game easy. Remember Starcraft. Yeah, it was the "easy," RTS.

Isn't that console image a fake and only what people envision it to be? One article I have read seem to point out that the console was hidden from view. And no article I read points that image to be the actual console in text.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dang it, the other thread probably had like 85% of my posts, and there it goes...

*salute*

So uh...about Smash Wii U...uh....how about that Mario? I bet he has a good chance of getting in.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
So uh...about Smash Wii U...uh....how about that Mario? I bet he has a good chance of getting in.
No... really? He's not getting in. Like seriously, you kiddin' me? He's overrated. Look at how many games he's been in!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You're either making the misunderstanding of a lifetime or you have no idea what "pad" and "stick" mean in context to fighter games.
What you call the D-Pad is actually called the Control Pad. That might be why you were confused with what I said.

In a similar manner, what most people call the Analog Stick is actually called the Control Stick.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Smash Bros in HD, That is going to be a sight for sore eyes. Not much to say since there is no trailer yet.

☯ Smash Bros in HD, That is going to be a sight for sore eyes. Not much to say since there is no trailer yet.
I still think the game is far from development stage or barely just starting. Probably another 2-3 years before we see anything.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still think the game is far from development stage or barely just starting. Probably another 2-3 years before we see anything.
Yeah I don't see this game being developed until some time after the new Kid Icarus title is released. Last I've heard, Sakurai is focusing on that 3DS title right now.

Something here
[collapse=New things]
Smash bros. "Paradise"

As Solo mode or DLC content

So this mode is all about playing some random mini games using your favorite characters like Volleyball, pinball, paint ball or whatever. Something like that.

Why am I doing this?

I don't know. It's actually cool...... For machinima purposes and for the lulz.

Cool mini games

1.) Basketball

How to play:

OFFENSE
L pad - Move
R pad - Dribble in some direction
A - Shoot
B - Pass
X - Trick move
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

DEFENSE
L pad - Move
R pad - Steal
A - Guard pose
B - Special attack
X - Charge at the enemy
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

2.) Dodgeball

How to play:

WITH BALL
L pad - Move
R pad - Throw
A - Charge power
B - Pass
X - Feint
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

DEFENSE
L pad - Move
R pad - Sprint
A - Catch
B - Dodge
X - Jump
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

3.) Volleyball

How to play:

WITH BALL
L pad - Move
R pad - Sprint
A - Prepare to shoot
B - Pass
X - Feint
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

PREPARING TO SHOOT
L pad - Move
R pad -
A - Jump
B -
X -
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

MID AIR
None - Weak hit (Auto aim)
L pad - Normal hit
R pad - Hard hit
A - Pass
B -
X -
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

DEFENSE
L pad - Move
R pad - Sprint
A - Catch
B - Special catch
X - Jump
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

3.) Soccer

How to play:

OFFENSE
L pad - Move
R pad - Kick
A - Shoot
B - Pass
X - Trick move
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character

DEFENSE
L pad - Move
R pad - Steal
A - Guard pose
B - Special attack
X - Charge at the enemy
Y - Use item
R - Switch character
L - Switch character
RZ - Switch character
LZ - Switch character[/collapse]

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't see this game being developed until some time after the new Kid Icarus title is released. Last I've heard, Sakurai is focusing on that 3DS title right now.
He said he won't begin working on the Smash titles until Uprising is released.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Characters experience... WTF!?
If Smash become in RPG/Fighting that will suck...
Do like Brawl but please... a fighting game and please... no ipad controller for Smash 4. Leave us use the Classic Pro

If Smash4 has Melee's physics/movement, there will not be any problems (ignoring inevitable character imbalance, and wired controller support) for competitive play. I'm just hoping for Brawl's engine to be fixed to better match Melee's since they're basing Smash4 off that. Smash is so based on movement. Melee just captures it best

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hopefully Smashchu is dead wrong and Sakurai will make SSBWiiU more competitive oriented. My question is: How far along is smash? A lot of rumors have been eerily right when it comes to Nintendo lately, and the SSBStrife "leaked photo" looked more or less serious in comnparison to Brawl. I really do wonder SSBStrifes credibility.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Smashchu I don't want to respond to you since we'd be going really off-topic. If you want to continue our conversation, send me a PM.

I disagree with you pretty strongly so I know it would derail the topic.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Hopefully Smashchu is dead wrong and Sakurai will make SSBWiiU more competitive oriented. My question is: How far along is smash? A lot of rumors have been eerily right when it comes to Nintendo lately, and the SSBStrife "leaked photo" looked more or less serious in comnparison to Brawl. I really do wonder SSBStrifes credibility.
They said that he hasn't even begun to work on it and Kid Icarus probably won't even come out till Christmas so we might not even have a trailer by the time we hit next year's E3. However, Iwata knows how much of a cash cow the Smash franchise is so I believe he'll equip Sakurai with a colossal team to pump the game out with some decent haste. When asked about the title, they said they didn't have one so the Strife image is confirmed fake.

D

Deleted member

Dang, this post below was a lot longer then I expected.

[COLLAPSE="Warning: Huge post incoming!"]- I would love to see DLC in the game. Therefore, the game can continue to be supported and we'll continue to be able to enjoy the game even after a few months goes by.

- Anyone think that five players in Super Smash Bros. 4 is possible? I'm hoping so. More players, more fun IMO.

- Game hasn't started development yet. Now's our time to ask for everything that we want in the game and make it clear. Our demands will almost certainly result in a better game.

I really could care less for the competitive scene. Me, I just want a fantastic Smash game that I can enjoy like the other three. If SSB4 delivers it to me, I'm fine with that.

Going through Smash Bros. Dojo's-like updates would also be great. Ahh the days when I would eagerly look at the site for characters, boy that pumped me up for Brawl. Thought Shortiecanbrawl's fan mail idea also works.

@ToddCam: Do you think I'm part of the wave, even thought I only started to post actively a few days before SSB4 was confirmed? Plus I've Smash 4 a little back in IGN in Summer of 2009 (I originally started out terribly, but I got better at it).

@Eternal Yoshi (#51): You can always get the Classic Controller Pro version that's out in the market. If last game is anything, Classic Controller support will probably return, especially since they are compatible with the Wii-U.

@Sunnysunny (#166): I guarantee you that the online won't suck as hard as it did last time; but this time, as local multi-player is being shafted on the Wii-U, I expect it to be fantastic and enjoyable for years to come. All those suggestions would be great, plus rankings, leaderboards, DLC, possibly video chat, and no more effin' friend codes.
"refugee said:
At least the classic controller will still be usable. I am very worried about this new console though. Still no HDD? Only one of the touch pad controllers can be used per a console? It's not looking good so far.
I'm not worried about the lack of a HDD since we have an external HD as an alternative option. Plus I heard they were cheaper. With the games we're getting, I also think Nintendo manage to give the console a decent sized flash memory size. It's the one Wii-U controller per console stuff that really worries me.
The Joker said:
Really, I don't care too much about about what controllers I can and can't use, I'm just ready for a new SSB. Everything else is just a bonus.
This. I honestly could care less that I used the Wii + Nunchuck combination in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. As long as the controller is good, I'm going to use it and I'm sure the Wii-U controller can be used in interesting ways.
RVD_fan said:
It's good to be back for a few years of mindless speculation.
This is my first time doing speculation while a Super Smash Bros. games has been confirmed. This is going to be a heck of a lot of fun, maybe even the best part of the game.
The Real Gamer said:
I'm not really worried about it. I saw the samples and I don't think it's really much of a bad news.
Sinji said:
Has anyone mentioned character predictions, cause my moneys on Shadow maybe bardo from Yoshi.
I'd rather have Tails in before Shadow, but Shadow is more likely given his popularity. That said, Sonic rep should be an afterthought until enough third-party characters get into the game, which won't be the case for decades or possibly at all.
Hoots said:
Also, I was wondering about a third Fire Emblem rep. Is there any character that is super obvious? I was thinking Lyn, Hector, or Micaiah. Thoughts?
I think we'll get either Lyn or Micaiah, both of which are relatively popular Fire Emblem requests.

ALRIGHT! IT'S CHARACTER ROSTER ANALYSIS TIME (My second favorite part of speculating a Super Smash Bros. game, next to creating my own roster):

Hoots said:
Super Mario Franchise Looks good except for Geno, although to be fair, that is to be expected from you and there's a slight chance it could happen, considering that numerous people wants to see him. But for a fifth Mario representative, Bowser Jr. would be a lot better choice, although as long as Mega Man is in first, I think Geno would fit in just fine.
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Geno (Third Party Character) – Geno is a huge fan favorite that people have been asking for since melee. Although he was simply a supporting character of one game, Super Mario RPG was an iconic Super Nintendo game and Geno is essentially its mascot. In addition, Geno's moveset would be fairly easy to put together and it would certainly be more interesting than other reps from the Mario franchise that people are asking for, such as Bowser Jr and Toad.

Yoshi's Island Franchise – It's obvious that the Yoshi franchise doesn't need any new additions. Ditto.
6. Yoshi

Wario Ware Franchise – Same goes for Wario Ware. Although there are a plethora of characters in the game, they simply aren't important enough. This. Maybe for SSB5 we'll see some Wario rep. Only one I can see working is Kat & Ana and even then, not someone I want so desperately.
7. Wario

Donkey Kong Franchise Perfect.
8. Donkey Kong
9. Diddy Kong
10. K. Rool – King K. Rool is the main villain of the DKC franchise and any Donkey Kong fan will tell you that he deserves to be in Brawl, even though he got shafted in Donkey Kong Country Returns. He has four different incarnations that provide a large pool of possible abilities that would be immensely cool and unique.

Legend of Zelda Franchise – I feel like the Zelda Franchise is perfectly complete with these four characters. I would suggest Ganondorf and Toon Link to be decloned so they would practically be like new characters. The only other possibilities that are usually suggested are Tingle and Skull Kid, and that is really grasping at straws.
11. Link
12. Zelda/Sheik
13. Ganondorf
14. Toon Link

Golden Sun Franchise
15. Isaac – Isaac has been asked for for a long time now and to be honest, I was surprised he wasn't in Brawl. Although he would be another sword character, he is a magician which could add to his kit favorably. Not to mention he was an assist trophy showing that Sakurai acknowledges his popularity. Would be great to see and could happen in the console version, but I think he's more likely to be a handheld exclusive character.

Pokemon Franchise Makes sense to me, although Victini would be nice as well.
16. Pikachu
17. Pokemon Trainer
18. Jigglypuff
19. Lucario Not sure if Lucario is coming back or not. IMO, Mewtwo has an equally as likely chance (Maybe a little less) of getting back in, but okay.
20. Zoroark – Zoroark is essentially the mascot of generation 5 and his body type lends very well to a Smash game just like Lucario. I wouldn't replace Lucario because he is already established and Zoroark would have a new and unique moveset to leave room for both. I know many people want Mewtwo back, but generation 1 already has 3 reps, so I figure we might as well let generation 4 keep theirs.

Kirby Franchise – Like Zelda, these three perfectly represent the Kirby franchise.
21. Kirby
22. Meta Knight
23. King Dedede

Kid Icarus Franchise Not sure if we'll see a second rep, but depending on the success of Kid Icarus: Uprising, I could see her coming back, but I'm not sure how she'll work.
24. Pit
25. Medusa – I know, I know... I didn't want to put her on here either. However, Sakurai IS Sakurai and as we saw in Brawl, he LOVES his own characters. With the release of Uprising, I think it is pretty obvious that Sakurai will add a character from this since he can't legitimately add another Kirby character. Medusa is the main antagonist and appears to be relatively unique so I actually wouldn't mind her inclusion.

Metroid Franchise Ridley will probably make it into the next Smash, so this is perfect. Ridley FTW!
26. Samus/ZSS
27. Ridley – Ridley is a character who really should have been in Brawl. He is a hugely important figure in the Metroid franchise and a villain that not only looks amazing, but also offers qualities that many other bad guys do not. I think that Sakurai just wasn't well read enough into Metroid to know how important Ridley was. And I won't get into the size debate because 10 years of arguing have clearly shown that people who think Ridley is too big are wrong. Also, sorry Dark Samus fans, an evil recolor just doesn't do it for me.

F-Zero Franchise I think Samurai Goroh is more likely, but based off what I've heard from you, he could work, but I want to see some elaboration on how he would fit more into the Smash universe then Samurai Goroh.
28. Captain Falcon
29. Black Shadow – Black Shadow is yet another villain which Smash desperately needs. Although Samurai Goroh is a very, VERY close contender with an Assist Trophy and all, he would be yet another sword character and when one has the option to have Black Shadow instead, why not? Although people say he would just be a Captain Falcon/Ganondorf Clone, that isn't true at all. He has his own powers and abilities that would make him a completely unique character. I mean, come on, giant bull horns can be used in SO many ways.

Sin and Punishment Franchise
30. Saki – A favorite of Sakurai and of fans who have played Sin and Punishment. Sakurai already said he would fit perfectly in Smash and with such a unique look to him, I think he will make it in. His moveset could be very interesting factoring in everything from his source game.

Retro Franchises – I feel like we have enough retro representation if one doesn't count Little Mac as retro. If you do, then congratulations!
31. Ice Climbers
32. R.O.B.
33. Mr. Game & Watch

Punch Out Franchise
34. Little Mac – Little Mac has been requested for a very long time as well. He made it in Brawl as an assist trophy and although Smash is a brawler, we really have not had a pure boxer. His moveset would be relatively simple but really cool and he is such an iconic character from the old days of Nintendo, he deserves to be in.

Pikmin Franchise – Captain Olimar rounds off this franchise nicely.
35. Captain Olimar

Starfox Franchise
36. Fox
37. Falco
38. Wolf
39. Krystal – While I am not above the hate for Krystal that everyone shares, you have to admit, she really should have been in Brawl. She is a female character which Smash is lacking and most of all, she is a Starfox rep THAT WOULDN'T BE A GODDAMN CLONE. Give her a staff and dinosaur magic and bam, you have a cool and unique character.

Custom Robo Franchise
40. Ray MK III – Not many people played Custom Robo but it was a really fun game that offered a fresh take on fighting(?) games. Ray, being the mascot, is the obvious rep for the franchise and with all of the skills and moves available from his games, a very cool moveset would be possible.

Fire Emblem Franchise I think Lyn is the best choice as well, although Micaiah and Hector would also be decent.
41. Marth
42. Ike
43. Lyn – To be honest, I am not really comfortable in making a judgment call on the third Fire Emblem rep. However, I feel like Fire Emblem deserves a third rep and there are many characters that can fulfill that role. I am not an expert, but out of Lyn, Micaiah, and Hector, I chose Lyn mainly because she was an assist trophy in Brawl, she is a female which Smash needs, and with a katana, she could have a very different playstyle from Ike and Marth. As far as Hector goes, even though his axe is awesome, I think 2 blue haired armored guys is enough for one game. Micaiah seemed less interesting than Lyn, even though she is a light mage.

Earthbound Franchise – I think Ness and Lucas are enough for Earthbound. Although Claus would be a possible new rep, I just don't think the series merit's a third one.
44. Ness
45. Lucas

Animal Crossing Franchise Animal Crossing one of the most popular? It is popular, but nowhere near the levels of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. And beside, while fan demands help gets a character in, it is not the sole factor that goes into the game. I'm not saying having an Animal Crossing rep would be horrible, it just doesn't make sense to me.
46. Tom Nook – Ok, you people say he can't fight, but let's be honest, Sakurai's team could easily make him Smash-worthy. Animal Crossing is one of the most popular Nintendo franchises right now and it deserves a rep, and Tom Nook is essentially the mascot as well as one of the most popular characters. He could be extremely unique and has the entire Animal Crossing franchise to use when making his moveset. I see no reason he couldn't fight. Even though Sakurai said the player in AC was too passive, fan reactions and new developments could easily change his mind.

Legendary Starfy Franchise
47. Starfy – I hadn't even considered Starfy until I saw another roster with him on it. After I did some research I realized that Starfy would be PERFECT for Smash. He adds cuteness, uniqueness, and charm to the roster and with his own series, he could easily have an awesome moveset. Haters gonna hate, but I think Starfy stands a chance.

Professor Layton Franchise I see where you're coming from, but I think Layton would stand a much better chance in SSB4 for the 3DS, where the roster will probably favor handheld characters. Hate to say this to you, but Layton stands little chance of getting into SSB4 Wii-U.
48. Professor Layton (Third Party Character) – I think we can agree that Professor Layton is currently the most popular character on a Nintendo system created in the past 10 years by a large margin. Anyone who has picked up one of his games will immediately become a fan of the professor. Although he isn't an action star, he is capable of fighting and due to the puzzle games he comes from, his playstyle could be very unique and interesting.

Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise – NO! You CAN'T have Tails, or Knuckles, or Shadow, or Silver, or Amy, or Rouge, or Big, or Charmy Bee, or the FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM Crocodile. NO.
49. Sonic (Third Party Character)

Metal Gear Franchise – Does anyone even WANT another rep? I do, but they're not a priority to me yet. So I'll wait a few installments and in the chance that we have enough third-party characters by then, then I'll start clamoring for a Metal Gear rep. Right now, more deserving characters should be in.
50. Snake (Third Party Character)
Still a very strong roster from what I see. Most of these characters could very well be in the next Smash and a very enjoyable roster while we're at it. The only really unlikely additions are Geno and Tom Nook, but every else has somewhat decent shot at SSB4.

9/10.
Starphoenix said:
If we are going to have any Square Enix representation in Smash it is going to be either Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. Given the fact Fortune City (Dragon Quest/Mario) is being released along side Nintendo's partnership with the DQ series I'd say it leans in that series favor more... http://youtu.be/z-3NWGUKfMo
I don't think we'll get Square reprsentation at all in SSB4, considering that there are no main protagonists that are consistent throughout the series IIRC, although I wouldn't mind them as long as there are at least four third-party characters and Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man gets in before.

And how is a party crossover game going to influence much on which third-party characters gets in?
ToddCam said:
I'd much rather have dream rosters than people just coming in and saying Sakurai sucks and Brawl sucks. Which all the newcomers seem to be.
This. At least dream rosters can be whimsical to laugh at and tear down. Constantly hearing that Sakurai and Brawl suck is not so funny and gets tiring quick (Don't confuse me with being butthurt, I respect opinions, I'm just saying that I prefer laughing at unrealistic expectations and forcing people to learn quick to become better Super Smash Bros. speculators).
Gears said:
I would really love to see Ryu from Street Fighter in SSB4. His moves would be perfect in a Smash Bros game.
That would be nice, but Mega Man is a much better option for now. Ryu is a regular participants in another fighting series and is in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, I think he's got enough games where he fights in for now.
Gears said:
I agree. But in MvC3, they included Zero instead of Megaman. Maybe Sakurai will do the same?
Zero would be a very good rep, but he's unlikely since he's important in a spin-off. When most people associate with Mega Man, they think of the original Blue Bomber. If Capcom is going to be put in a Mega Man rep in SSB4, it will be either him or Volnutt.
SamuraiPanda said:
Sakurai specifically said that he won't just be adding stages/characters. He believes that every new Smash game needs to be played differently from its predecessor to the extent that even a casual player can tell the difference. Thus, Sakurai will try to make Smash 4 as different to Brawl as Brawl was to Melee. He said so in the interview.

You guys have short memories.
And this is why I love the Super Smash Bros. series. Each one of them have a different feeling to them that makes them worthy games on their own and as a series. It's also why I'm getting a Wii-U, regardless of all potential limitation it may have.
Mike2 said:
Some people are bringing up Megaman. Is that even an option?
Yes, because he's a very likely rep and that many, many people would love to see him in SSB4. He is the only likely third-party character in the game.
ETWIST51294 said:
You guys gotta understand that nobody is gonna buy 4 $150 Ipads just to play with your friends. It ain't gonna happen.
We don't know how much the system is going to cost. It also shouldn't be a problem to stream at the very least two Wii-U's controller. It shouldn't be hard to envision six players at one time or envision a SSB4 game with six players locally and online.

So what we've got here? Yes, another character roster.

I'll try to set up a reasonable roster, with almost no goof-ups.

You get off to a fantastic start.

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Yoshi
Yoshi

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Everything is fine until...

Star Fox
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnell
Leon Powalski Bad choice for a fourth Star Fox representative. What would Leon Powalski do to be original and stand out from the Star Fox cast? The only one I can see to fit is Krystal.

Pokemon I think there's a decent chance we get either Lucario or Mewtwo back, but still, it's good.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Oshawott, Servine, Emboar)
Zoroark

F-Zero Both Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow are likely in a two F-zero characters roster, but I doubt we'll be receiving three, considering that the franchise skipped the Wii.
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

EarthBound / Mother
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem I think a third Fire Emblem rep. is likely, but it's okay.
Marth
Ike

Wario
Wario

Pikmin
Olimar

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Other Nintendo Classics You have a few unlikely and/or weak choices there.
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
R.O.B.
Starfy Is a Nintendo character, but too recent to be called "Classic". Still, I agree he has a very good chance of getting in and I would like to see him in, so this is more of a nitpicking.
Bubbles Bubbles has an almost zero chance of appearing in SSB4. First off, he's a third-party character and not exactly the most popular one at it. Secondly, what could he do to be a good character in the first place?
Eggplant Man I don't think he's going to appear in the next game.
Takamaru Would be a nice "WTF" character, but his chance of appearing is highly unlikely and I doubt his appearance in Samurai Warriors 3 is going to help much.

If 3rd parties were to be involved, I'd go with Sega and Square Enix. Sorry Konami, sorry Solid Snake. I also limited the number of 3rd party fighters by having only two characters per franchise. This isn't going to work. Kojima practically begged to get Snake in Melee and Snake is very popular in Brawl. Plus there's a remake exclusively to the Nintendo 3DS, so I doubt Konami would just take Snake out in the next game. Also, the most likely newcomer for SSB4 (Mega Man) is not present. If we get new third-party characters, Mega Man will come before the others. The only good choice is Sonic. If we get a roster like this, then it's a waste of third-party support.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic
Tails Not a single Sonic character stands a good chance of appearing in SSB4 and Tails isn't even the most likely, especially since he's behind Shadow in popularity. If we see a second Sonic rep, it will be Shadow, since he's made it into the game as an Assist Trophy. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Tails in the game, it's just not a good idea to do so right now when with 3rd party characters, we should focus on getting characters from different companies and series.

Final Fantasy Final Fantasy characters have a very poor chance of appearing and you even picked two characters that I and many others wouldn't give a rat's *** about. Third-party characters should be based on not only if they work in the Super Smash Bros. series, but if people want them. These would be wastes of slots. Considering that the max that we'll get is probably three or four, we need to ensure these are as properly filled as possible.
White Mage
Black Mage

Without the 3rd parties, roster adds up to 46 characters without the transformations. Add the 3rd parties, 50. Include the transformations, 55.
It's a good roster. You had a fantastic beginning, a good middle, but a very poor ending.

8.25/10.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Lets hold off on the rosters for now please. We have enough to talk about with the controller and new systems and whatnot. We have the next eleven months to build fan-rosters. We have three weeks until we've debated the controller to death so lets just wait till then shall we?
I see where you're coming from, but really, this is the SSB4 thread. Our main focus should be to discuss the upcoming game, not the hardware and the system itself. If you want to discuss this to your hearts content, the discussion should be done in the Light House thread, not hogging up this thread. I don't mind it as a side discussion to bring up whenever necessary, but it should not be the main point of this thread now.
Pieman0920 said:
nop, not hapining. sakufry dencomfim 'im.[/COLLAPSE]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smashchu I don't want to respond to you since we'd be going really off-topic. If you want to continue our conversation, send me a PM.

I disagree with you pretty strongly so I know it would derail the topic.
Good idea. Every conversation I've had or seen involving him goes into off topic very quickly.

PF9

Smash Lord
I had a big wishlist...I hope they can incorporate some of it. I'd like to see blood, personally. Most other fighting games have it to some extent.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I had a big wishlist...I hope they can incorporate some of it. I'd like to see blood, personally. Most other fighting games have it to some extent.
How about not. . .?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I really can't get excited about this game. Forget the fact that I'm a Melee player and it likely won't go in the "Melee direction", I'm thinking of how we will play this game.

Forget the 3DS version, it's clearly going to be a budgeted version of the Wii U version. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I just can't see otherwise happening.

Now, onto the Wii U version. With the death of not only the GC controller, but the wired controller, it is not going to be easy to play this game in tournaments. Will we have to settle with the classic controller? Can someone make a GC controller that plugs into the Wiimote? Will Nintendo get with the ****ing times and let us plug **** into the USB ports on their console?

It's still early, and I truly hope this will change. They can't kill wired controllers.

Now, the Wii U controller itself. I personally think it's ****ing horrible. The lack of analog sticks is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and people that have played used the controller at E3 agree. If you want to get an idea, just picture yourself playing Brawl with the 3DS as a controller. It's just feels bad.

It's still early, and as more details about the Wii U are released (online capabilities), my feelings may change. Til then... SAKURAIIIIIIIIIII

When you need a game to play and no one is around. Shout out, "Wee-oo Wee-oo Wee-oo" and a Wii U will appear before you with friends to play.

PF9

Smash Lord
I also think downloadable content should be incorporated, like many of you here.

We could see a lot of region-exclusive DC stuff as well as worldwide-available stuff. For example, there would be some stages and characters you could only download in North America, and some in Japan.

I'd like to see some of the NA-exclusive stages be based off of major American cities like Los Angeles. A lot of violence goes on there, so it would be fitting to have LA as a stage.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I also think downloadable content should be incorporated, like many of you here.

We could see a lot of region-exclusive DC stuff as well as worldwide-available stuff. For example, there would be some stages and characters you could only download in North America, and some in Japan.

I'd like to see some of the NA-exclusive stages be based off of major American cities like Los Angeles. A lot of violence goes on there, so it would be fitting to have LA as a stage.
I'm just gonna ask, why the hell would you want this? You actually want characters you can't play as? And all stages in smash are based off of games, not random places in the world.

D

Deleted member

DLC is a great and all, but it should be globally and avoid region-exclusives as much as possible. Everyone with online should be able to play with the latest stages/characters/etc. that comes out on the market.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
There seems to be a great deal of hate for the new controller. I, however, am really interested to see what they will do with it. It has a lot of potential, its up to them to utilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom