• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Saki, Starfy, Issac, and Little Mac (all Assist Trophies in Brawl) would make EXCELLENT assist trophies.

And seriously, ta heck with Matthew and the 3rd Golden Sun. ISSAC ALL DAY!!!

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else think Saki will be high tier if he gets in? He seems like he'll be Marth with projectiles

:phone:
Maybe... But if someone with good shield pressure and great priority (Example: Peach) Got through his moves they could destroy his poor shield.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I said the same thing some time ago, lol.

Since his weapon is a gun/sword, I think they should be incorporated into his normals instead of only ONE Special.
Really? Oh wow haha, I think K.Rool will be one of those chain grabber characters almost like D3, I think it would be pretty amusing if MK was low tier in this game

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Really? Oh wow haha, I think K.Rool will be one of those chain grabber characters almost like D3, I think it would be pretty amusing if MK was low tier in this game

If that happened i would forgive sakurai for mk in brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Haha, I would rub it in on all those MK mainers if he turned out to be horrible, they wouldn't spam his moves now. :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I know next to nothing to Isaac other then he looks cool and fit for Smash, but I imagine he'd be like the Pit of Smash 4. I dunno why, he just screams "mid-tier" character to me.

K. Rool could be the Bowser or the Dedede of Smash. Now, who would be Meta Knight of Smash 4...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Meh that's a good question I want to know that too, I hope Zoroark or Victini get top tier I could see Zoroark being maybe C and Victini either B or A

If Victini was top tier material then I'm guessing Victini would have lots of mainers, personally I'd like to see Mewtwo be heavier and higher tier as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Madame Puff I'm sorry, but you reaaaally don't need to point out the conversation "died" every minute that goes by without posting. This is a board, not a chatroom.

Anyway, if only three ATs from Brawl could become playable characters, then I'd pick Little Mac, Starfy, and Isaac. TBH I don't know enough about Saki to want him badly.
- Little Mac
- Starfy
- Tingle (better him than Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik who will be just a clone of Zelda / Sheik... think three Landmasters are bad? Imagine having four Light Arrows!)
- Isa (he's recent and he can have Saki's moves anyway; Nintendo needs to promote Sin & Punishment: Star Successor more)
- Matthew (he's recent and he can have Isaac's moves anyway; Nintendo needs to promote Golden Sun: Dark Dawn more)
- Meowth (one of two most-wanted Poke-newcomers for Brawl)
- Deoxys (one of two most-wanted Poke-newcomers for Brawl)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
What newcomer do you think would get low tier? I kind of feel that Little Mac would be low on the tier or Ridley

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Issac's sword play would be pretty basic. He would have some powerful attacks and strong swipes or uppercut slashes, but other than that it would be basic. His Earth PSI moves would be what would make him original, though. We've yet to have a "true" elemental character (as in a character using fire, water, earth, electricity, ice, wind, etc almost exclusively), Pokémon, Bowser, and the two EarthBound boys aside.

But seriously, ya'll need to play Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for your own sake. Those games ROCK!!!!!

And really, anyone could be broken, or at any tier level. Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS will be completely brand new just like the 3 previous smash games, so until we know said character's moves, how they play, and what the physics are like, we cannot even guess anywhere near right. We could tell with Meta Knight and Diddy Kong he could be broken from day 1 of the demo and the "real" game play videos.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What newcomer do you think would get low tier? I kind of feel that Little Mac would be low on the tier or Ridley

RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY

Little Mac will be the C. Falcon of Smash 4, methinks.

Mega Man= Sonic of Smash 4. Not just in terms of tier ranking, either.

Toad? B-Tier. Same for Bowser Jr.

Paper Mario... Hmmm, B-Tier or C-Tier, maybe?

Only thing I'm reasonably sure of is that the S-Tier character of Smash 4 will lilely be a small, lightweight character (Pikachu in 64, Fox in Melee, Meta Knight in Brawl).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Isa? I though Issac's dad would take priority instead, y'know Matthew?

I would like Isaac but I think Matthew is more likely due to him being the hero of the latest Golden Sun game. If Nintendo wants to sell more copies of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, they would put Matthew in Smash.

What good would adding Isaac do? He wouldn't advertise Golden Sun: Dark Dawn... people who play SSB4 but not Dark Dawn would buy the game, expecting to play as Isaac only to get disappointed that Isaac isn't playable but Matthew is.

Put Matthew in SSB4, and people who played SSB4 but not Dark Dawn would buy the game, expecting to play as Matthew and their expectations are satisfied when they can play as Matthew in the game.

This is the same thing with Saki and Isa as well. That's why I put Isa in my roster instead of the more-popular Saki.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY

Little Mac will be the C. Falcon of Smash 4, methinks.

Mega Man= Sonic of Smash 4. Not just in terms of tier ranking, either.

Toad? B-Tier. Same for Bowser Jr.

Paper Mario... Hmmm, B-Tier or C-Tier, maybe?

Only thing I'm reasonably sure of is that the S-Tier character of Smash 4 will lilely be a small, lightweight character (Pikachu in 64, Fox in Melee, Meta Knight in Brawl).

Jigglypuff still has a chance to shine then! :D xD or little mac maybe o:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ridley should be Meta-Ridley!!!
He really shouldn't.

Wouldn't be a reason for it. Prime is done with.

Isa? I though Issac's dad would take priority instead, y'know Matthew?
Isa is Saki's son, Matthew is Isaac's son.

Isaac is the face of Golden Sun whether or not Matthew is the newest playable character, so he would probably have priority. Saki is a little more iffy, but it wouldn't make much since to promote Star Successor since it'd be so hard to find by the time Sm4sh comes out, whereas the original S&P would be on the VC. Brawl made him more well-known anyway.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The amount of people wanting Mega Man in smash and the passion they have may be the runaway most for any character like Sonic in Brawl, but the hype will NOT be as big as the hype Sonic got.

Also, Ridley needs to happen, or else the dinosaurs will go extinct.

Also, why are we talking about tiers for a game that hasn't even been developed? We don't even know what the game play will be like, or have any hints as to what it will be like.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
The amount of people wanting Mega Man in smash and the passion they have may be the runaway most for any character like Sonic in Brawl, but the hype will NOT be as big as the hype Sonic got.

Also, Ridley needs to happen, or else the dinosaurs will go extinct.

Also, why are we talking about tiers for a game that hasn't even been developed? We don't even know what the game play will be like, or have any hints as to what it will be like.
False look at yoshi :D

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So... who do y'all think are the most likely villains/antagonists to make it into Smash 4? Here's my list:

Ridley- (Metroid)
King K. Rool- (Donkey Kong)
Mewtwo- (Pokemon)
Samurai Goroh- (F-Zero)
Bowser Jr.- (Mario)
Medusa- (Kid Icarus)

I can't rule out Ghirahim, Dr. Robotnik or Waluigi but none of them are too likely, IMO.

We need moar villainz.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@JoshKnight: Well their is really nothing else to talk about we pretty much discussed everything else...

Also Metal Overlord add Medusa and that list is good.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@JoshKnight: Well their is really nothing else to talk about we pretty much discussed everything else...
Yeah well the rest is speculation you can argue with logic. Tier discussion... well, while discussing where a character could be tier-wise isn't all that crazy based on their size or weaknesses, we don't know how long-range attacks will work for characters like Saki. Usually long-range characters tend to be good, minus Pit.

False look at yoshi :D
Ya got me. Also, Link. And Mario is always near the middle, albeit in Brawl he is a bit low (and Luigi is always worse than Mario or about as good as Mario).

Seriously, and Jiggz went from one extreme to the other... >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom