• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't really see how a multiple weight class Mii system would not fail. It could lead to serious imbalances, whether hurting one or more weight classes with the Mii by making them too weak, or hurting the balance of the game by making them broken. It would really be a thin line for Sakurai and the SSB Wii U/3DS character balancers to walk on, and the would probably fail. On top of that, it would be like balancing three characters for them, instead of just one.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Mii's seem just so blah to me. But i would really like to beat up sonic with a mii :D Your too sl--

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
They would probably just go with Short, Normal, and Tall like in Mario Kart Wii.
Yeah, I guess you're right.

Fun fact: Metal Sonic and Bowser Jr. are rivals (at least in the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games series). Goddamn it SEGA where's our Mario and Sonic PLATFORMER?!?!

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm just saying you could use it differently.
Here's some moveset ideas for Starfy based on what I see in the Abilities mode in the DS game.

Duck & Slide
This could be Starfy's Running + A move where he runs and slides along the ground. Animation example: King Dedede's Running + A move.

Star Spin
This could be Starfy's regular A move where Starfy just spins in place.

This could also be Starfy's Side + A move where Starfy spins to the side in a short distance.

This could also be used for Starfy's Aerial A move where Starfy spins in the air. Animation example: Peach's Aerial A move.

Mighty Star Spin
This could be Starfy's Smash Side + A where Starfy spins with more power to the side.

This could be Starfy's Smash Up + A where Starfy spins to the air with more power. Animation example: Luigi's Down B move.

This could be Starfy's B move where Starfy charges by spinning in place. Let go of the B button and Starfy starts spinning along the ground. Animation example: Jigglypuff's B move but he spins on his feet, not on his side like Jigglypuff.

Ultra Star Spin
This could be Starfy's Side B move where Starfy spins to the side but you can control the direction Starfy is going (forward, up, or down). Animation example: Meta Knight's Side B move.

This could also be Starfy's Up B move where Starfy spins to the air. You can also control the direction Starfy is going (up, left, or right). Animation example: Meta Knight's Side B move but vertically!

Shooting Star
This could be Starfy's Down B move where Starfy divebombs to the ground. Animation example: Yoshi's Down B move.

Low Spin
This could be Starfy's Smash Down + A move where Starfy lies flat on the ground and spins in place. Animation example: Pikachu's Smash Down + A move but without electricity.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Miis could have several attacks from Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, other Mii games, any games they have appeared in, and heck, even from Nintendo history (possibly with some awesome Nintendo history references). They could be very original, and with the addition of the ability to make many different people, characters, or yourself even, they add a lot of fun to smash! :grin:

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Miis could have several attacks from Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, other Mii games, any games they have appeared in, and heck, even from Nintendo history (possibly with some awesome Nintendo history references). They could be very original, and with the addition of the ability to make many different people, characters, or yourself even, they add a lot of fun to smash! :grin:
I hope that if they do get in that their smashes arent like peach's fsmash how its like random.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
You covered starfy mostly :3
That and i have never played starfy games or whatnot, so i really have no ideas for him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The one problem I see with the Mii's inclusion is that their simplistic design would clash with Smash's aesthetic. I'm not sure how practical it would be to have updated models for them? It'd be necessary to give them their own Smash-specific body, which I WOULD IMAGINE would follow the general aesthetic of Smash, BUT THAT HEAD WOULD THROW IT ALL OFF...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes... I made a partial moveset for Starfy... its in the previous page.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It depends how random the Mii's move set ais, and whether they really add something or not. I think they can. They have a lot to work with. Mis easily could with a plethora of appearances with different moves, tons of popularity and exposure, and the rich history of Nintendo to borrow (steal?) from.

Plus c'mon, THINK POSSIBILITY PEOPLE!
You can play as:
Colonial Sanders
Will Smith (from any of his movies)
Darth Vader
Eric Cartman
Shrek
Your favorite Fire Emblem character that didn't make it
Anonymous
A streaker
Britney Spears
Ronald McDonald
Jesus
Bugs Bunny
Mickey Mouse
Wonderwoman
The Devil
Nathan Drake
Master Chief
A Cow (which isn't much different from Master Chief mentally, actually)
Dante from Devil May Cry
George Washington
Marlon Brando
Stewie Griffin
Aragon from Lord of the Rings
A super gay Sam and Frodo Team (as individuals characters teaming together, of course)
Dirk Nowitzki
Patrick Willis
Nené
Captain Jack Sparrow
Jackie Chan
Your Grandma
Tom Brady
Manny Pacquiao
Sidney Crosby
Hank Aaron
Babe Ruth
Buddha
Mike Tyson
Kraid
Harry Potter
Chewbacca
Ratchet (and Clank... SEPARATELY!)
Dr. Wily
Ozzy Osbourne
Donald Trump
"The Godfather"
Bob Dole
Bill Clinton
Monica Lewinsky
Hillary Clinton (three way battle confirmed=???) :laugh:
Julius Cesare
Your brother
That one meth addict who is always taking a dump on your porch
A Metroid
the Kung Fu Panda panda
Masahiro Sakurai
Mallow
Daffy Duck
Donald Duck
Abraham Lincoln
Justin Bieber (automatic sandbag)
Batman
Goku
Naruto
Jerry Rice
A Polar Bear
That Cute Giraffe at your local zoo
Johnny Depp
Jar Jar Binks
A Native American Chief
Revolver Ocelot
Spider-Man
A Sumo Wrestler
Chuck Norris
Bruce Lee
Indiana Jones
*insert Mega Man Robot Master from any Mega Man series here*
Yourself
What you want to look like
Pedo Bear
Bill Cosby
Error from Zelda II
Homer Simpson
Bart Simpson
Megan Fox's brain (which is an oxymoron)
A raccoon
Lindsey Lohan (Same thing as the previous thing)
Tom Nook
Tourtahimer or whatever the mayors' name is in Animal Crossing
Captain N
CAPTAIN PLANETTTTT
James Bond (any version, preferably the original by Sean Connery)
Jason
Freddie Kruger
Your Dog
That dude in front of you in English class who never bathes

C'mon-who doesn't want to play as that=???

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
It depends how random the Mii's move set ais, and whether they really add something or not. I think they can. They have a lot to work with. Mis easily could with a plethora of appearances with different moves, tons of popularity and exposure, and the rich history of Nintendo to borrow (steal?) from.

Plus c'mon, THINK POSSIBILITY PEOPLE!
You can play as:
Colonial Sanders
Darth Vader
Eric Cartman
Shrek
Britney Spears
Ronald McDonald
Jesus
Bugs Bunny
Mickey Mouse
The Devil
Master Chief
Dante from Devil May Cry
Marlon Brando
Stewie Griffin
Aragon from Lord of the Rings (or you could have a super gay Sam and Frodo Team)
Dirk Nowitzki
Nené
Jackie Chan
Your Grandma
Tom Brady
Manny Pacquiao
Sidney Crosby
Hank Aaron
Babe Ruth
Buddha
Kraid
Ratchet (and Clank... SEPARATELY!)
Donald Trump
"The Godfather"
Bob Dole
Bill Clinton
Monica Lewinsky
Hillary Clinton (three way battle confirmed=???) :laugh:
Julius Cesare
Your brother
A Metroid
the Kung Fu Panda panda
Masahiro Sakurai
Mallow
Justin Bieber (automatic sandbag)
Batman
Goku
Naruto
Johnny Depp
Spider-Man
Chuck Norris
Bruce Lee
*insert Mega Man Robot Master from any Mega Man series here*
Yourself
What you want to look like

C'mon-who doesn't want to play as that=???
i dont see pedobear... I: lol sorry double post

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
A better version of peach! O:! He'd probably have good aerial and ground movement. :d
Yep. He'd probably be lightweight with a couple of reliable killing moves. Poor shield, though.

It ain't dead yet, in fact it's just getting started. When it goes to evening, it becomes busy as a mofo in here, and SSBF and JavaCroc both usually make some pretty nice-sized posts when they arrive, so it might take a while for any posts to show up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Madame Puff I'm sorry, but you reaaaally don't need to point out the conversation "died" every minute that goes by without posting. This is a board, not a chatroom.

Anyway, if only three ATs from Brawl could become playable characters, then I'd pick Little Mac, Starfy, and Isaac. TBH I don't know enough about Saki to want him badly.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
@ Madame Puff I'm sorry, but you reaaaally don't need to point out the conversation "died" every minute that goes by without posting. This is a board, not a chatroom.

Anyway, if only three ATs from Brawl could become playable characters, then I'd pick Little Mac, Starfy, and Isaac. TBH I don't know enough about Saki to want him badly.
I Sorry X: anyways back on topic I agree with you one the 3 i dont really know much about saki.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Anyone else think Saki will be high tier if he gets in? He seems like he'll be Marth with projectiles

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Anyone else think Saki will be high tier if he gets in? He seems like he'll be Marth with projectiles
I said the same thing some time ago, lol.

Since his weapon is a gun/sword, I think they should be incorporated into his normals instead of only ONE Special since it's not like he's pulling out a different weapon for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom