• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not against Starfy, but I don't see him being all that interesting. :/

He may be silly and cute and probably look like he's swimming and junk in his animations AND WHAT NOT. BUT IN TERMS OF ACTUAL MOVES...?
He actually has quite a bit of move set potential, using his special abilities from his games. (Which are pretty fun, BTW. I'd recommend them.) Neutral B would probably be a Spin Attack , which would be good for combo-ing and bringing opponents closer. Side B could be the Corkscrew Spin, which acts a lot like Meta Knight's actually. Maybe it could even be him tossing a Pork Cutlet. Down B would obviously be the Shooting Star. Up B could be a Water Jump, or one of the end of level cauldron things that shoot you into the air. Final Smash could be any of various transformations,
or him throwing the moon at people...
and his Smashes, tilts, and aerials could involve spinning combos and slaps. Some could have water-based properties. And he can glide, since we need more gliders.

That's just my "Starfy in a nutshell" speech.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We brought him up the other day but O.K.

Right now I see him tied with Issac and Saki for a slot. Unlike Little Mac for obivious reasons and Ray who chances have gone down since TGS the other day.
Ray's chances have gone down? How so??

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
his Smashes, tilts, and aerials could involve spinning combos and slaps. Some could have water-based properties.
See, that's my problem with him. The normals make up the bulk of a moveset and just spinning doesn't sound all that interesting.

Doesn't really make me WANT him...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm planning to make Starfy a moveset sometime soon, after I'm done clearing his games. Wierd to hear Pork Cutlet so much suggested, Starfy doesn't use it expect in one game (Stafy 4). (-l_i-);

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
None really. I made it up lol. But anyways, if there were such a thing as 4th and 5th party characters, here's how I'd interpret it:

3rd party- Non-Nintendo VG character (Sonic, Snake, MEGAAAA MAN, Pac-Man, *duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nunnn nuh nuh nuhhhnn* GENOOO, Bomberman)

4th party- Fictional non-VG character (Goku, Jessie and James from Team Rocket)

5th party- Real-life people (Sakurai- the creator of Smash Bros)

6th party- High-ranking officials (Obama)

7th- Deities (God, Jesus, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Gary Oak)

:)

Actually Jessie and James (and their first generation Pokémon) do appear in Pokémon Yellow Version. Thus, they are 1st party... I think... kinda. Well, then again they are based off the anime and manga, so you're right; although, they are owned by Nintendo...

Also, 4th Party party gaming companies are rival companies with rival companies. So that would be Sony and Microsoft's 1st and 2nd party games, characters, and franchises.

5th Party would be other fictional characters from other medias that aren't owned by Nintendo. These include the likes of Goku, Naruto, that 70 year old woman in that soap opera your mom watches who's been on their for 53 years and still thinks she is 17, or Michael Scott. (I had to reference that show! >.>)

6th Party would be people on television, radio, etc would pretend to be real, but aren't. Think reality TV, all those crappy TV judges, any dumb show about anything from New Jersey, anything on Maury or Jerry Springer, etc.

7th Party would be real people like your mom, the man who is currently making out with your mom (or as the inner redneck in me would say, "hey! that's mah brothah!"), and even YOU!!!!

8th Party would be the high ranking officials, like President Obama, any President or Prime Minister, any dictator, or your local money launderer you call a Senator. :laugh:

9th Party would be deities, mythological creatures, God, gods, or immortal entities. Zeus, Jesus, ever major figure from the French revolution (they were worshiped as deities! XD), etc would be in this category.

10th Party would be America.

11th Party would be Masahiro Sakurai.

12th Party is Andross.

13th Party doesn't exist because it's bad luck.

14th Party is Andross' BRAINN!!!

15th Party is Shigeru Miyamoto.

16th Party is a lie.

17th Party is a government conspiracy.

18th Party is illegal.

19th Party is "Why wasn't Waluigi in Brawl?" conspiracy theories. Because the government, IRS, Nintendo assassins, Japanese ninja wars, Chinese gangsters, and bunny rabbits are totally the reason he didn't make it! :laugh:

OmegaXXII

Genesect.

I just tried changing it to an Ash and Misty avatar earlier, but it didn't work. :urg:

That's the famous Genesect? O though he was as short as Victini!! :O

No wonder some people seem to suggest him alot, looking at him that way I actually wouldn't mind him over Zoroark maybe not Victini though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ray's chances have gone down? How so??

It was brought up the other day but chances are not all the AT characters will become playable, most people including myself have only been guessing that only about 3 will. Hense the battle between Issac, Saki, Starfy.

As for TGS, with it pretty much being confirmed that FE will be getting another slot on an already pretty tight roster. Throw in lack of disscusion and demand and his chances have gone down a lot.

Sorry if this isn't a good answer, SSBF is way better at this then I am.
Personally I want all 5 of the possible AT characters. I being relastic I doubt it will happen. :(

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It was brought up the other day but chances are not all the AT characters will become playable, most people including myself have only been guessing that only about 3 will. Hense the battle between Issac, Saki, Starfy.

As for TGS, with it pretty much being confermed that FE will be getting another slot on an already pretty tight roster. Throw in lack of disscusion and demand and his chances have gone down a lot.

Sorry if this isn't a good answer, SSBF is way better at this then I am.
Ah, I see.

I always saw some Assist Trophies as a way to honor a character that may not have deserved its own character slot, but deserves more recognition than a trophy, a sticker, or a music.

And then in very few instances like Saki, Isaac or Little Mac I see them as a way to put in characters in some way that they wanted to make playable but didn't have enough time to do so.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, most tilts aren't that interesting by themselves. It's how the attack comes out and how it effects a hit character that makes them interesting. Starfy could definitely make some awesome original tilt attacks given how cute, original, and interesting he is. Plus c'mon-look at him! Doesn't your feminine side just want a pillow of him so you could hug the cute little thing to death=???:laugh: :chuckle: :woman: :embarrass:

@Johnknight- You know, if Sakurai put in a stage from Sonic 2, then I think Chemical Plant would be the best. Not only is it awesome and iconic, it's the second stage of Sonic 2.

Get my drift? ;)

Yeah that would be funny. Chemical Plant always gave me issues, but I still moderately liked it. But I like Emerald Hill Zone and Angel Island Zone more.

Still, I wouldn't rule out 2 new Sonic or Metal Gear stages, especially Sonic stages.

The only Heroes stage I would want would be Final Fortress. Other than that, I can't remember a Sonic Heroes stage, minus the glitched out ghost stage.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Johnknight1- That post of yours has officially made me laugh my balls off. Good job, sir. :)

Especially the French Revolution part and the Waluigi part. :laugh:

@John again- Final Fortress was in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing I think, so it could happen.

And haha, you mean Mystic Mansion? I never liked that stage, either.

I'd love 2 new Sonic/MG stages, too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People will definitely hate me for this, but I don't care. I'd love for Miis to be playable. Especially the one Mii I have of an opossum. That'd be awesome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I wouldn't want someone to literally be able to pick and choose every single attack, but a single moveset that varies based on weight class would be nice to see.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ha, speaking of Mii's, how would you guys like to see them done? Customizable with appearances? Weight based.

That would be nice, but I would wonder how that would effect Competitive Play if that were to happen.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Movesets would be hard to figure out. They just better not copy peach's golfclub and tennis racket fsmash.
For those who dont know what i mean i'm talking about how miis play tennis and golf. I hope if they do put in it then they should use them differently/ :3

OmegaXXII

They all do, heck except for Saki and Little Mac, I'm surprised they all didn't become playable in Brawl.
Agreed, I expected Little Mac at least but I believe this time around he definetly has better chances at it because of his Wii game, also because he seems to be somewhat demanded as well, I'm not too sure about Japan's stance on this though.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Working on it. :cool:

As for Uprising, I was just wondering how all the new items and weapons Pit gains would change his moveset and would also effect the movesets of Palutena and Medusa.
Hm, maybe not a change in Pit's moveset, but Palutena and Medusa use the new stuff? It'd be like Zelda using the Goddess powers (which should be buffed)
What new weapons are there?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hm, maybe not a change in Pit's moveset, but Palutena and Medusa use the new stuff? It'd be like Zelda using the Goddess powers (which should be buffed)
What new weapons are there?
While I don't know the names but based on the new trailer there were different Bows, Hand Claws, Turrets, Swords, Etc.

So we may see Pit use them in a slightly altered moveset, while the remaining Sacred Treasures are used for Palutena and Medusa movesets.

But at the moment it all yet again depends on how Uprising turns out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Haha I laughed at 19th party lol...
I always lol at those people who claim it was a stupid choice.

And xD @JohnKnight1
19th!? :laugh:

So can we all agree now that Miis should be playable so we can get each party?
Miis can be like 15 and a half party between Miyamoto and the party that is a lie (plus the Miis make everything playable, so everyone is happy). Also, I'm pretty sure George Washington is the zeroith Party, and the William Shakespeare play "Julius Cesare" is the negative first party, since the main character dies at he hand of his friends

@Johnknight1- That post of yours has officially made me laugh my balls off. Good job, mate! :)

Especially the French Revolution part and the Waluigi part. :laugh:
LMAO I'm actually studying the French Revolution, albeit I am able to grasp it better because I was actually there. I don't get why everyone got so mad at playing handball on a tennis court. Honestly, they're like the same game! :laugh:

I lucked out in said war. I was the guy who won the lucky prize of the head of victims number 666, 1,852, 12,652, and 152,822, or as she was known as, the Queen of France. I have it mounted on my wall next to the head of my best friend deer, the Milwaukee Buck, actually... >.>

I also have a mark from a bruise on my head, but that was from a different war that I call "The fight over the last scoop of ice cream when I was seven". It was kind of like the French and Indian War, albeit with less spaceships... >.>

The reason I thought of it is I found a video on youtube, that, claimed Waluigi should have made it over Toon Link! :laugh:

That or it was a character mod that made a wire frame or whatever they are now called playable over Toon Link in a hacked Brawl... >.>

Plus I found this interesting nugget of awesomeness (I love the stage; Waluigi, not so much).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might start to support Palutena too. Sucha witty and sometimes comes up with hilarious quotes. I'd expect her to use the Uprising-weapons and powers.

Which reminds me, I wonder how will Shaft handle her adventure... I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled out a fanservice moment of her. (-lvl-)

OmegaXXII

I would love to see Medusa before Palutena since more of the antagonist and is Pit's poison, I wonder what she'll play like with all that hair lol..

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
First off, HAPPY CONSTITUTION DAY AMERICA! (which was signed approximately 234 years ago!)

Although personally, I prefer the Articles of Confederation Laws (not the southern confederation, but the confederation of the United States against Britain), mostly because I don't wanna get taxed, lulz... >.> :laugh:

@John again- Final Fortress was in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing I think, so it could happen.

And haha, you mean Mystic Mansion? I never liked that stage, either.

I'd love 2 new Sonic/MG stages, too.
Final Fortress is at least an interesting area. Mystic Mansion is just terrible because of the glitches. Other than that, it was cool. However, that was the biggest problem with Sonic Heroes; those dumb glitches, and the slowed down game play.

The two Sonic stages I would want are Angel Island and Emerald Hill Zone though. Gotta love the originals and nostalgia, plus those were always fun stages to speed run through.

Yeah 2 stages from both epic franchises would be great. I'd love to have the Containment Plant from MGS2 that
moves, transforms into Arsenal Gear, and allows you to go inside it.
I'd also love to have Grazni Grad as a stage, especially since MGS 3D is coming out on the 3DS.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
About the DBZ-characters, I don't really wish for Smash Bros to become another Mugen. (-i~i-);

Medusa could also freeze her opponents into stone for a while, maybe? She'd be interesting.

BTW, how come I'm seeing so much pics depicting Roll as badass? Makes me want her to be in Smash Bros-series as much as Megaman. Protoman too.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
About the DBZ-characters, I don't really wish for Smash Bros to become another Mugen. (-i~i-);

Medusa could also freeze her opponents into stone for a while, maybe? She'd be interesting.

BTW, how come I'm seeing so much pics depicting Roll as badass? Makes me want her to be in Smash Bros-series as much as Megaman. Protoman too.
I read your post wrong and thought you said photoman xD anyways
about the medusa part that could be her down b o:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I might start to support Palutena too. Sucha witty and sometimes comes up with hilarious quotes. I'd expect her to use the Uprising-weapons and powers.

Which reminds me, I wonder how will Shaft handle her adventure... I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled out a fanservice moment of her. (-lvl-)
Well it's nice to see some more support.

Heck I starting to think she's more likely then Medusa. It's just a feeling I'm starting to get based on how she's being portrayed in Uprising so far and the chances she'll end up using Uprising Weapons is much higher then Medusa.

I'd explain more on the feeling I'm getting but for now I'm hungery, my computer's just about out of power, and I have some work to do. Be back later tonight. ;)

OmegaXXII

Medusa would probably grab by using her hair :D
Haha, that what I've been thinking, maybe it could be one her her grabs or smashes lol..

As for Jigglypuff, I'd like to see her Melee self return and see Kirby's 64 come back as well, they were definetly two puffballs to reckon with.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that what I've been thinking, maybe it could be one her her grabs or smashes lol..

As for Jigglypuff, I'd like to see her Melee self return and see Kirby's 64 come back as well, they were definetly two puffballs to reckon with.

Eh i never really liked jigglypuff's rest in melee its so broken... Give her 64 rest and the way her moves were in melee (except rest) and she'd be awesomesauce.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm not against Starfy, but I don't see him being all that interesting. :/

He may be silly and cute and probably look like he's swimming and junk in his animations AND WHAT NOT. BUT IN TERMS OF ACTUAL MOVES...?
He actually has quite a bit of move set potential, using his special abilities from his games. (Which are pretty fun, BTW. I'd recommend them.) Neutral B would probably be a Spin Attack , which would be good for combo-ing and bringing opponents closer. Side B could be the Corkscrew Spin, which acts a lot like Meta Knight's actually. Maybe it could even be him tossing a Pork Cutlet. Down B would obviously be the Shooting Star. Up B could be a Water Jump, or one of the end of level cauldron things that shoot you into the air. Final Smash could be any of various transformations,
or him throwing the moon at people...
and his Smashes, tilts, and aerials could involve spinning combos and slaps. Some could have water-based properties. And he can glide, since we need more gliders.

That's just my "Starfy in a nutshell" speech.
See, that's my problem with him. The normals make up the bulk of a moveset and just spinning doesn't sound all that interesting.

Doesn't really make me WANT him...
Well, the way I see it... Sakurai made him a weak AT in Brawl and I think Starfy would probably be weak so he should have a moveset made up mostly of spinning attacks. I think Starfy's playstyle might involve spinning to score multiple hits... racking up % damage to make it easier for Starfy to KO his opponents. I guess he could be combo-oriented? Starfy would be a bit different from the winged fighters in that he can glide despite having no wings (go play The Legendary Starfy DS for proof).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom