• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think we even need toon link anymore.

SS fuses both links, giving an adult link game with toon links style.

Listen to the sounds and look at the people. It's WW style

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think we even need toon link anymore.

SS fuses both links, giving an adult link game with toon links style.

Listen to the sounds and look at the people. It's WW style
Fine by me, but you still have Young Link to get rid of. Then we get the sexy beast that is Tingle. . . oh yeaaa~ Or the less sexy, but still decently sexy Ghirahim if Sakurai wants to break old habits, or sees something in him.

SEXY SMASH > NORMAL SMASH.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
you sound like a perv....
Wanna find out?. . .

I have a feeling this next smash will have a few girls and villains, along with smaller franchises. The roster should be much much muccccchhhhhh more interesting than Brawl's.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Psycho
Toon Link was never a necessity, but he does represent the cel shaded versions of LoZ. If you really believe that having similar specials doesnt make him unique, as opposed to Jiggs having Kirby attacks with some changes, then by all means he could be replaced with a new character from SS and have that "flavor of the month" system Pokemon uses.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@Psycho
Toon Link was never a necessity, but he does represent the cel shaded versions of LoZ. If you really believe that having similar specials doesnt make him unique, as opposed to Jiggs having Kirby attacks with some changes, then by all means he could be replaced with a new character from SS and have that "flavor of the month" system Pokemon uses.

Skyward sword Link version already does represent cell shaded version...so you have a false argument please be logical we just need one version of Link....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@Psycho

SS is a cell shaded game that uses adult link, styled after tp but the art style of WW

The difference no longer is there

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I dont know much about SS but just because the graphics are fused with cel shading doesnt mean Toon Links style cant be differentiated from other titles. Key word "toon" being more than just cel shaded

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dont know much about SS but just because the graphics are fused with cel shading doesnt mean Toon Links style cant be differentiated from other titles. Key word "toon" being more than just cel shaded

Everything, other than link being an adult, is styled after Wind Waker.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I also meant that Toon Links style is not limited graphically, but in a sense that its more childish and cartoon like than the oher titles
My point is still that hes not necessary but that he represents those versions, albeit SS being a hybrid.

If anything Toon Link is like Luigi to Mario, and its taken to almost a literal extent being that Toon Link is "Luigi-fied"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also meant that Toon Links style is not limited graphically, but in a sense that its more childish and cartoon like than the oher titles
My point is still that hes not necessary but that he represents those versions, albeit SS being a hybrid.

If anything Toon Link is like Luigi to Mario, and its taken to almost a literal extent being that Toon Link is "Luigi-fied"

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/13/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-upgrade-system-trailer

If that isn't toon enough for you, some of the villagers look straight up ripped out of wind waker

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I can see how its a hybrid but Im still saying that Toon Link still represents his style alone (no hybrid).
And Im still saying that the overall tone/atmosphere is still cartoony, not just limited to its appearance

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can see how its a hybrid but Im still saying that Toon Link still represents his style alone (no hybrid).
And Im still saying that the overall tone/atmosphere is still cartoony, not just limited to its appearance

I don't see why they need two cartoon links

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
At the end of the day, both Toon and Young Link will NEVER be far from their already existing cloney state. They well both always be extremely similar to Link. Unless Sakurai changes his tune, which I don't know if he will. I HOPE he does, because to be quite frank, I don't see Wolf of Falco leaving to be replaced by Krystal anytime soon, so we'll be stuck with those clones.

On top of that, as much as I would like to see Tingle, I figure that if Zelda stays with four characters, already existing "Smash" characters, with an already existing fanbase is a much safer choice than the beautiful Tingle. Because, not everyone sees him like I do.

So, yeah. You can support the likely-but-cloney Toon Link all day long, but that's what he will be.

You could also support the Unlikely-but-not-cloney Tingle, or really any otherZelda character you please, just remember, they are what they are.

NOT LIKELY.

Sakurai loves zero fun.

I don't see why we need 2 Marios
You're right. We also don't need two Links.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Is SS just cel shaded or is the atmosphere more TP like, since it's a hybrid. Otherwise, just because they're both cel shaded doesn't mean SS is exactly like WW. In fact it's more towards OoT since it's a prequel.

I don't see why we need 2 Marios (remember I said TL wasn't necessary, he just reps another style of LoZ),

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Is SS just cel shaded or is the atmosphere more TP like, since it's a hybrid. Otherwise, just because they're both cel shaded doesn't mean SS is exactly like WW. In fact it's more towards OoT since it's a prequel.
SS is a hybrid. The art style is a hybrid but the gameplay is more like its own game (I would say TP but I can't because it's so diverse.)

At this point the atmosphere is more TP-like.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
So then Toon Link still represents what I've been trying to say: the cartoony versions of LoZ
Just because SS is cel shaded (not as much as WW and the other ones of course) doesn't mean that it's cartoony. As much as the actual cel shaded games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So then Toon Link still represents what I've been trying to say: the cartoony versions of LoZ
Just because SS is cel shaded (not as much as WW and the other ones of course) doesn't mean that it's cartoony. As much as the actual cel shaded games.
It's very cartoony, how in the world is it not cartoony?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
All you've said is that it's cel shaded, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the same style as WW other than its graphics. It's a prequel to OoT which had a serious tone to it, unlike the childish tone WW had. Are you not reading what I'm saying or am I not making sense?

@Shortie
I know I bring this up a lot, but "cloney" characters still bring different gameplay to the table. Appearance of attacks is only half what makes the characters unique. And Toon Link and all other Links are technically clones anyway since they're all reincarnations of each other. So it's kind of a given that Toon Link is similar.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
All you've said is that it's cel shaded, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the same style as WW other than its graphics. It's a prequel to OoT which had a serious tone to it, unlike the childish tone WW had. Are you not reading what I'm saying or am I not making sense?

@Shortie
I know I bring this up a lot, but "cloney" characters still bring different gameplay to the table. Appearance of attacks is only half what makes the characters unique. And Toon Link and all other Links are technically clones anyway since they're all reincarnations of each other. So it's kind of a given that Toon Link is similar.
It saddens me that there are people (such as you) that support the laziness of the developers -.- Toon Link = Laziness....you guys give excuses to developers.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It saddens me that you're actually still trying to find ways to contradict me. You could call it laziness, but clones in Melee were due to time restraints and the "clones" in Brawl are more like Luigi where they have more different attacks.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It saddens me that there are people (such as you) that support the laziness of the developers -.- Toon Link = Laziness....you guys give excuses to developers.
It is not any of the fan's faults.

No one expected Toon Link. I expected Young Link. I don't understand the reasoning behind his inclusion, nor both of them. Sakurai is just really weird.

And at this point we don't know what Sakurai is planning. We're all kind of "forced" to keep our tone of character inclusion limited which is very unfortunate. Some people are just so stupid to believe the roster will be as much as Brawl's roster.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
It is not any of the fan's faults.

No one expected Toon Link. I expected Young Link. I don't understand the reasoning behind his inclusion, nor both of them. Sakurai is just really weird.

And at this point we don't know what Sakurai is planning. We're all kind of "forced" to keep our tone of character inclusion limited which is very unfortunate. Some people are just so stupid to believe the roster will be as much as Brawl's roster.

I really like to play Ike and I was a supporter of Ike even before brawl was announced . But do I think he's coming back ? I doubt the possibility of him coming back with the existing of Chrome, so we gotta face the reality guys, and how do I feel about it ? nothing much aslong chrome is going to play like Ike I have no problems. so Toon Link is just a Link rehash and supporting it isn't really a good example . too bad SSB is handled by Sakurai but TBH if it was handled by another team I don't think we would've Fire Emblem...even though he is working in one of the most gimmicky games I've in the 3DS he is delaying the hell out of it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I for one do not care about them.

Omega—wait… do I still call you that?
Yeah call me Omega, this is just for show lol...

Anyway, I will respond as to why Ike still deserves it, I don't know why people are already dissing his chances, also Roy isn't going to happen, the way I see it is either we get Marth and Chrome with Ike or we don't get a 3rd FE rep at all.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
No…

He's my boy! ♥

Though Marth at the same time looks cute too. Hard to choose, hm…

@Ike-Sama: That's Marth! :troll:

Or there's that 1% chance we get 4 reps for Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Roy, and Krom. :0

Thino

Smash Master
I really like to play Ike and I was a supporter of Ike even before brawl was announced . But do I think he's coming back ? I doubt the possibility of him coming back with the existing of Chrome, so we gotta face the reality guys, and how do I feel about it ? nothing much aslong chrome is going to play like Ike I have no problems. so Toon Link is just a Link rehash and supporting it isn't really a good example . too bad SSB is handled by Sakurai but TBH if it was handled by another team I don't think we would've Fire Emblem...even though he is working in one of the most gimmicky games I've in the 3DS he is delaying the hell out of it.
a good example of what exactly?

support from a single fan that dont really matter to the developpers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom