• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm talking about reality, and in reality men and women have little bit of different structure where a Man's body is way stronger than Woman's.
Women have more flexibility and endurance. It all depends on the fighting style. Strength isn't everything.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Big strong muscles are for homosexuals.

MetalEtemon for Sm4sh.

The best part is he is technically eligible.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As I stated earlier. These are the stages I believe we will see in the next Smash Bros. This is my final list, since I don't foresee anything that will really affect them at this point. So you can say it is my final list. It will differ in places than my stage concepts. I will list each title or game the stage will be designed around in parentheses. Returning stages will also be listed according to the ones I feel are likely to return. If you want me to elaborate on my choices I will. Just ask.

Super Mario:
Starship Mario (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
New Super Mario Land (New Super Mario Bros. Wii/Super Mario 3D Land)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros)
Mushroomy Kingdom/World 1-2 (Brawl)

Paper Mario:
Toad Town (Paper Mario 3DS)

Yoshi:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Donkey Kong:
Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
75m (Donkey Kong)

WarioWare:
Diamond City (WarioWare Inc.)
WarioWare (Brawl)

The Legend of Zelda:
Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
Hyrule Castle (Legend of Zelda)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)

Pokémon:
N's Castle (Pokémon Black/White)
Tin Tower (Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver)
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Brawl)

Metroid:
Geothermal Power Plant (Other M)
Phaaze (Metroid Prime 3)
Norfair (Brawl)

Kirby:
Fountain Gardens (Kirby Epic Yarn)
Cookie Country* (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
The Halberd (Brawl)

Fire Emblem:
Akaneia (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Castle Siege (Brawl)

F-Zero:
Red Canyon (F-Zero GX)
Port Town: Aero Dive (Brawl)

Star Fox:
Sector Z (Star Fox 64 3D/Super Smash Bros.)
Space Armada (Brawl)

Pikmin:
New Planet (Pikmin 3)

Animal Crossing:
New Smashville (Animal Crossing 3DS)

Earthbound:
Saturn Valley (Earthbound/MOTHER 3)

Ice Climbers:
The Summit (Brawl)

Game and Watch:
Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)

Punch Out!!:
The Ring (Punch Out Wii)

Custom Robo:
Cyber Holosseum (Custom Robo)

Legendary Starfy:

Gluglug Lagoon (Densetsu No Starfy)

Golden Sun:
Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)

Sin and Punishment:
Ruinous City (Sin and Punishment: Star Successor)

Famicom Wars:
Orange Star Headquarters (Advance Wars)

Xenoblade:
Gaur Plains (Xenoblade)

Wii Series:
WuHu Island (Wii Sports Resort/Pilotwings Resort)

Art Style:
Art Style (Art Style series)

Rhythm Heaven:
Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm Heaven)

Nintendo Hardware/Software:

Nintendo (Nintendo consoles)
Pictochat (Brawl)

Total=47

Potential Third Party stages:
Astoria (Dragon Quest X)
Dr. Wily's Laboratory (Megaman)
London (Professor Layton)
Tetris (Tetris)
Green Hill Zone (Brawl)
Shadow Moses Island (Brawl)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
And is Smash bros. realistic?
well that's the point why it's no problem because it adds some fantasy element to the game but the thing is fantasy must have limits and if you want a new female well I have no problem but not at the cost of a unique existing characters. in the other hands I don't want more Otakus joining the fanbase because they have such small minds like we already have the Sonic Fan(g)base to deal with to so that's why I don't want alot of females in my games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
well that's the point why it's no problem because it adds some fantasy element to the game but the thing is fantasy must have limits and if you want a new female well I have no problem but not at the cost of a unique existing characters. in the other hands I don't want more Otakus joining the fanbase because they have such small minds like we already have the Sonic Fan(g)base to deal with to so that's why I don't want alot of females in my games.
You just know how to really, really piss me off.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well it seems you're one of those Otakus that I despise. :)
No, you're just really ignorant and extremely close minded. Probably the reason why I've never agreed with you on anything.

Done talking about this.

@Star, why no GreenGreens and no Peach's Castle? I feel like they're staples. Just like PKMN stadium and Hyrule temple.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well I'm talking about reality, and in reality men and women have little bit of different structure where a Man's body is way stronger than Woman's.
lol How many times can you get hooked up with that line?

A fighting game doesn't have to be all male and doesn't need females that are stereotypically "girly". btw strength doesn't depend on birth, it's development.
You seem to be relying on the reality of social acceptance where men are automatically stronger than women and women have to be barbies.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
The one thing I agree with in this post is that Sonic fans suck. Hate to break your little fanboy hearts, but Sonic is all we're gonna get from that franchise. No Tails, no Knuckles, no Shadow, no Amy, no Silver...just Sonic.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Is that where this is going for these two.
I think Captain Rainbow could beat anyone in a game of gay chicken. All those muscles and whatnot.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
No, you're just really ignorant and extremely close minded. Probably the reason why I've never agreed with you on anything.

Done talking about this.

@Star, why no GreenGreens and no Peach's Castle? I feel like they're staples. Just like PKMN stadium and Hyrule temple.
Ignorance is a blessing as long it doesn't make me attached to characters that were created by others and makes me live in the real world where your mind doesn't live.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Ignorance is a blessing as long it doesn't make me attached to characters that were created by others and makes me live in the real world where your mind doesn't live.
On the one hand, I greatly respect this opinion. Not directed toward Shortie or anyone in particular, but as a general philosophy.

On the other hand, you're posting on a forum. Specifically in a thread dedicated to such characters.

On the other other hand, I'm posting on a forum. In the same thread.

So I'll just shut up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Both are Melee stages and per the precedent to date Brawl stages will be the ones returning. Green Green's s going to have a spiritual successor in Cookie Country. Which is based around Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I haven't done that stage concept yet as I have yet to play the game. :)

Peach's Castle was easy to overlook. If it didn't return in Brawl, where Melee stages would return. I cannot see it coming back in SSB4, where Brawl stages will have the focus of returning.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Both are Melee stages and per the precedent to date Brawl stages will be the ones returning. Green Green's s going to have a spiritual successor in Cookie Country. Which is based around Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I haven't done that stage concept yet as I have yet to play the game. :)

Peach's Castle was easy to overlook. If it didn't return in Brawl, where Melee stages would return. I cannot see it coming back in SSB4, where Brawl stages will have the focus of returning.
I forgot it didn't return in Brawl. Goes to show how much I play that game.

Are you gonna break my heart and not give TLS anything but a Trophy? You are. . . aren't you?

AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH!?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are you gonna break my heart and not give TLS anything but a Trophy? You are. . . aren't you?

AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH!?
Actually I'm pretty positive some music from the The Last Story will be integrated into Gaur Plains. Something like this:

-Tracks-
Xenoblade Chronicles - Gaur Plains
Xenoblade Chronicles - Fight!
Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rythym
Xenoblade Chronicles - One Who Gets in Our Way
Xenoblade Chronicles - Those Who Bear Their Name
The Last Story - Battle Banquet
The Last Story - The One Ruling Everything (Last Battle)
The Last Story - Invitation To Madness
The Last Story - The Flying One (Kanan's Theme)
The Last Story - Dance of Death
Pandora's Tower - Boss Music
Find Mii - Ultimate Ghost

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@y.toonlink:

I think I over-reacted a little bit in the female argument, but anyways I don't want to see an overly cute character to be so strong, we need to drive away disgusting fan-bases like the Sonic fanbase and we don't need Otakus to.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow Star you really changed your potential stage list, I'm surprised. What happened?

Also no more Dragon's Altar? :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Actually I'm pretty positive some music from the The Last Story will be integrated into Gaur Plains. Something like this:

-Tracks-
Music is not enough for me. Although I do like TLS's music.

Advanced Wars vs. The Last Story

Why did you choose what you chose?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow Star you really changed your potential stage list, I'm surprised. What happened?

Also no more Dragon's Altar? :p
See my "wish" stage list is different than what I actually expect to see. Which is why chose a stage such as "Phaaze" over "Skytown Elysia". I have reason for every choice I made. I'll explain the Fire Emblem choice.

I chose "Akaneia" [sure I'm spelling that incorrectly] as the new Fire Emblem stage because of the recent remakes of Marth's series on the DS. Not only that but Akaneia was a planned stage for Melee, but dropped for whatever circumstance. It is likely whatever they did plan was likely integrated into Castle Siege. Still, knowing that the idea was there at a point I think they could revisit it given the circumstances.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@y.toonlink:

I think I over-reacted a little bit in the female argument, but anyways I don't want to see an overly cute character to be so strong, we need to drive away disgusting fan-bases like the Sonic fanbase and we don't need Otakus to.
What's wrong with a cute character being strong? Was Jigglypuff too much of a challenge in Melee? Fan-bases is what makes up everything, especially in a game like Smash where you want to see your favorite characters beating the sh** out of each other.

Also Toon Link shouldn't return because he's not unique? I guess the tier list where Toon Link is greatly separated from Link shows that they're the same. Because they both use the same projectiles is different from the majority of the characters sharing Nair

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Music is not enough for me. Although I do like TLS's music.

Advanced Wars vs. The Last Story

Why did you choose what you chose?
Because I foresee a Xenoblade stage being used as the "Operation: Rainfall" stage. Meaning it will incorporate those three RPGs into the stage via musical representation. It is simply a decision that I see happening.

Advance Wars, or Famicom Wars is a series that is long running. Even without a character from the series being playable it is not a stretch to think it will at least have a stage. Most of the AT's that were a part of a separate, smaller series will likely have a stage next game. As for why I chose Orange Star HQ as the stage. Advance Wars is still the best selling title/s in the series. Any stage would likely be based around that game. Since Orange Star happens to be the good army in that game. They will be the basis of the stage's setting.

Layton is published by Nintendo. He isn't even third party.
If that is the case seven, soon to be eight, Dragon Quest titles are Nintendo's then. Making Dragon Quest a Nintendo series.

I wish...

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
See my "wish" stage list is different than what I actually expect to see. Which is why chose a stage such as "Phaaze" over "Skytown Elysia". I have reason for every choice I made. I'll explain the Fire Emblem choice.

I chose "Akaneia" [sure I'm spelling that incorrectly] as the new Fire Emblem stage because of the recent remakes of Marth's series on the DS. Not only that but Akaneia was a planned stage for Melee, but dropped for whatever circumstance. It is likely whatever they did plan was likely integrated into Castle Siege. Still, knowing that the idea was there at a point I think they could revisit it given the circumstances.
I don't know much Metroid Prime so O.K. I guess.

As for Dragon's Altar, I guess you're right, besides I doubt Sakurai is that creative. XP

But my only thought is that Castle Siege may have been Akaneia in Melee, why else was it one of the 3 stages to be completed by E3 06? I think Sakurai had the stage already in mind.

Oh well, at this point I'd be just happy with any FE actually based off a FE game, and at the moment I think Marth's games are the best and mostly likely choice to find one.

Plus Castle Siege borrowed from all the World Wide FE games primarlly (trust me as a FE fanboy) so it would make sense to have a FE1-3/11-12 stage.

I'm all ready past the point I wanted to stay up (got too busy with my new avatar). Night.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If that is the case seven, soon to be eight, Dragon Quest titles are Nintendo's then. Making Dragon Quest a Nintendo series.

I wish...
You're right. I think Xeno is the best bet, although I'm still hopeful for Kanan or Elza.

Bomberman would destroy both of them. . . .

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
What's wrong with a cute character being strong? Was Jigglypuff too much of a challenge in Melee? Fan-bases is what makes up everything, especially in a game like Smash where you want to see your favorite characters beating the sh** out of each other.

Also Toon Link shouldn't return because he's not unique? I guess the tier list where Toon Link is greatly separated from Link shows that they're the same. Because they both use the same projectiles is different from the majority of the characters sharing Nair
Toon Link must be eliminated.....and instead made as a costume for Link.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't know much Metroid Prime so O.K. I guess.

As for Dragon's Altar, I guess you're right, besides I doubt Sakurai is that creative. XP

But my only thought is that Castle Siege may have been Akaneia in Melee, why else was it one of the 3 stages to be completed by E3 06? I think Sakurai had the stage already in mind.

Oh well, at this point I'd be just happy with any FE actually based off a FE game, and at the moment I think Marth's games are the best and mostly likely choice to find one.

Plus Castle Siege borrowed from all the World Wide FE games primarlly (trust me as a FE fanboy) so it would make sense to have a FE1-3/11-12 stage.

I'm all ready past the point I wanted to stay up (got too busy with my new avatar). Night.
Marth games are the worst choice for a stage...the best would be FE 9/10 because they are in 3D any 2D game would be a bad choice for a stage.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman

wow, interesting. Didn't know about this FE stage. is there a source that proves this?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Marth games are the worst choice for a stage...the best would be FE 9/10 because they are in 3D any 2D game would be a bad choice for a stage.
Actually TriHy had a great idea for a FE1 stage. Sadly I don't think it it is likely to happen.

wow, interesting. Didn't know about this FE stage. is there a source that proves this?
AKANEIA is a stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee which can only be accessed through the use of an Action Replay device. Even so, the game crashes upon activation in the Debug menu. Unlike similar non-playable levels in Melee such as DUMMY and IceTop, there are no known hacks which allow AKANEIA to be accessed properly, though pieces of the stage have reportedly been uncovered from hacking.

AKANEIA is most likely an unfinished stage from the Fire Emblem universe, as it shares its name with the continent featured in the first, third, and eleventh Fire Emblem games.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/AKANEIA

I actually was in the debug menu and tampered around with the settings myself. This is legitimate.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Actually TriHy had a great idea for a FE1 stage. Sadly I don't think it it is likely to happen.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/AKANEIA

I actually was in the debug menu and tampered around with the settings myself. This is legitimate.
One of the greatest aspects of Fire Emblem :RD (10) is the war between Laguz and Beorcs, what about a stage that emulates such war where javelins are thrown and lagus are flying around and sometimes these things hit you.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I dont think youre in any position to be judging whos close minded or not haha
But they are your opinons so its all input I guess

Hey Star, since you seem to be up to date on rumors or news and such, whats going on with FE13?

:phone:

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
Overalls Wario is just Wario in different clothes. Toon Link is a deformed version of Link in a completely different graphical style. In my opinion, costumes should stay as costumes, not complete transformations of a character. Seeing we only got a single costume in Brawl, I wouldn't get your hopes up for something so drastic in SSB4. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a Dr. Mario alt?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Layton is published by Nintendo. He isn't even third party.
I wish! He'd be a shoe in for sure! Although he is third party, I think his chances are pretty good considering the fact that his creator has gone on record saying he'd love Layton to be in Smash and on a talk show, the moderator even SUGGESTED the idea to Sakurai. Although they all laughed, I think the joke was more at the fact that the moderator's audacity and the situation than the actual idea of Layton being ridiculous.

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
I wish! He'd be a shoe in for sure! Although he is third party, I think his chances are pretty good considering the fact that his creator has gone on record saying he'd love Layton to be in Smash and on a talk show, the moderator even SUGGESTED the idea to Sakurai. Although they all laughed, I think the joke was more at the fact that the moderator's audacity and the situation than the actual idea of Layton being ridiculous.
Can I have links to this stuff? I'm not trying to dispute you or anything, but this is pretty relevant news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom