• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
WON'T:
R.O.B

POSSIBLE:
Sonic
Snake
Wolf
Lucas
Ike
(Pokemon Trainer)

PROBABLE:
Toon Link
(Lucario)
Oh, forgot about Lucario. Duh. I think even R.O.B. might not be safe, but his chances of being cut aren't nearly as high as the rest. Otherwise, i agree with this list.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And those are the three I'd put at the top of the list as well, besides Punch Out. But I couldn't choose between those three.

I think there would be a nice bit of poetic symmetry cutting seven reps...
See Punch Out kind of supersedes the other three because it is actually a long standing series. Retro at one point. The others are a little more modern and don't carry the nostalgia that Punch Out does. Xenoblade is the only other exception in my book. That is due to it being a solitary title. As I've said once before I will say it again. Xenoblade is going to be the new "Earthbound".

People put too much into this whole relevance thing.
Lol. That is actually quite funny. Considering you know my stance on relevancy. Only reason I bring it up is because it is significant for those series listed. In particular Sin and Punishment.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I noticed one more thing:

Toad --> Paper Mario --> Jr.

That's the new arrangement you made.

Geno's actually a cool guy. Sure he's not likely but that doesn't stop him from being a deserving candidate. Anyone agree?
I don't think he's deserving. That was one game. Granted, a good game, but he's nowhere near iconic enough. Not to mention third party issues. If Square granted the use of a character, it would be Slime, Sora, Cloud, Chocobo, something that can function as a mascot. Geno simply doesn't have enough going for him.

Honestly, I don't understand why he has such a huge amount of support. Never going to happen. I think Banjo-Kazooie would be awesome in a smash game, probably the character I would most like to see, but I don't pretend there's even the smallest chance, because there isn't.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think he's deserving. That was one game. Granted, a good game, but he's nowhere near iconic enough. Not to mention third party issues. If Square granted the use of a character, it would be Slime, Sora, Cloud, Chocobo, something that can function as a mascot. Geno simply doesn't have enough going for him.

Honestly, I don't understand why he has such a huge amount of support. Never going to happen. I think Banjo-Kazooie would be awesome in a smash game, probably the character I would most like to see, but I don't pretend there's even the smallest chance, because there isn't.
Unless by some off hand chance Geno is a playable character in Fortune Street. His chances are nil.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lol. That is actually quite funny. Considering you know my stance on relevancy. Only reason I bring it up is because it is significant for those series listed. In particular Sin and Punishment.
All I saw was a list of small franchises, and then you not say Little Mac but bringin up the idea of an "active" series. Doesn't matter. It was just the way I read it.

Toad --> Paper Mario --> Jr.
Have you ever thought that Sakurai doesn't see "Paper Mario"? But just see's "Mario"?

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
See Punch Out kind of supersedes the other three because it is actually a long standing series. Retro at one point. The others are a little more modern and don't carry the nostalgia that Punch Out does. Xenoblade is the only other exception in my book. That is due to it being a solitary title. As I've said once before I will say it again. Xenoblade is going to be the new "Earthbound".
Yup. Though I still am not completely sold on Xenoblade. If they consider one-game franchises, I think it stands a very good shot, though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey Star, since you've played S&P2, does Saki have any sort of presence in that aside from being the father of Isa? There's only TWO games, so it's hard to figure out who has the priority here. FATHER OR SON?! Like, does it look as though Saki will remain an influential figure due to how he set up the story (I guess?), or may Isa end up being the new face...?

I mean, there's even the possibility of a third game coming out before Sm4sh. BUT IGNORING THAT POSSIBILITY, promoting S&P2 with Isa may not be smart since just FINDING a copy by then could be a task. Surely though the original N64 title will still be available on the VC for the WiiU thus making Saki a smarter choice?

I think Isaac is pretty clearly the winner over Matthew for Golden Sun, BUT I REALLY CAN'T DECIDE OVER SAKI OR ISA FOR S&P.

Wut? Cloud? Seriously?

I'm fine with Sor-- Actually, I'm not so sure but Cloud? He's not even the mascot. He's an overrated blond hero with an oversized sword. That's all

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Star, since you've played S&P2, does Saki have any sort of presence in that aside from being the father of Isa? There's only TWO games, so it's hard to figure out who has the priority here. FATHER OR SON?! Like, does it look as though Saki will remain an influential figure due to how he set up the story (I guess?), or may Isa end up being the new face...?

I mean, there's even the possibility of a third game coming out before Sm4sh. BUT IGNORING THAT POSSIBILITY, promoting S&P2 with Isa may not be smart since just FINDING a copy by then could be a task. Surely though the original N64 title will still be available on the VC for the WiiU?

I think Isaac is pretty clearly the winner over Matthew for Golden Sun, BUT I REALLY CAN'T DECIDE OVER SAKI OR ISA FOR S&P.
There is a flashback that Isa Jo has showing his father in his "monstrous" form. So it makes a connection at a certain point.

When a poll is released, people are going to be clamoring for Saki. Not Isa Jo. All of the popularity Saki had before is only going to multiply because of both Brawl and Sin and Punishment: Star Successor.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How I wish he had done that with Toon Link.
I just think Paper Mario is an iffy choice. It's a gut feeling.

Plus look at it this way:

Best case scenario, a second MARIO with a unique moveset.

Worst case scenario, a second CLONE OF MARIO who is MARIO.

Honestly, I don't understand why he has such a huge amount of support. Never going to happen.
He's a hell of a lot better than the DBZ support we get. I support Jill Valentine, and Nightmare from SC, I don't expect them, but I want them. I think Geno either does or should fall under that catagory.

Yup. Though I still am not completely sold on Xenoblade. If they consider one-game franchises, I think it stands a very good shot, though.
THE. LAST. STORY.

Kanan > Elza and Shulk. . . :3

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Wut? Cloud? Seriously?

I'm fine with Sor-- Actually, I'm not so sure but Cloud? He's not even the mascot. He's an overrated blond hero with an oversized sword. That's all
I don't believe Cloud is likely, anymore than Capcom's Ryu, for the simple reason that they are already in fighting games. But he does happen to be Squeenix's poster child, moreso than Sora. Sora is the fifth most popular video game character in Japan. Cloud is third. To me, that's not a statistically significant difference and SE might as well use Sora since he's actually been on Nintendo platforms, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that SE wants THE definitive FF character in SSB4. Can you imagine how much it would sell?

Btw, I hate Cloud. An okay protagonist in FF7 that has been *****d out well beyond his welcome. But Japan still drools over him, and that's ultimately what matters in fanservice games like Smash.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

He's a hell of a lot better than the DBZ support we get. I support Jill Valentine, and Nightmare from SC, I don't expect them, but I want them. I think Geno either does or should fall under that catagory.

THE. LAST. STORY.

Kanan > Elza and Shulk. . . :3

What with girl love ?? do you really use a female as a main ?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I suppose I'll just have to trust you then, Star. SOUND ENOUGH.

Also, I watched a tiny bit of a walkthrough for the first one. I wish that ...training level? with the tall orange grass at dusk could be a stage. THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER PRETTY.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
DUH. Girls just wanna have fun.

I just wanna have fu- oh wait. . . you all can see my face on my avi. . .

No more ambiguity.

But yeah, I love Zelda an Peach in Melee.

I wish... Too bad Xenoblade is likely to be the chosen game. :\
Thanks a lot Operation Rainfall. By the looks of the two games, I know I would like TLS a lot more.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looking back at the pick a character thingy from a few pages ago, 20 is too easy. I can get to about 16-18 before pulling things out of my butt. I'll stick with trying to predict the roster (which is now in my sig :cool:). Unless I missed the point.

Naw. She is the lead heroin, but Elza is the star, I always thought he looked pretty cool.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I suppose I'll just have to trust you then, Star. SOUND ENOUGH.

Also, I watched a tiny bit of a walkthrough for the first one. I wish that stage with the tall orange grass at dusk could be a stage. THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER PRETTY.
Oh, the opening stage for the original S&P? Yeah, it was a good stage. Still, I see them going with a locale from S&P2 like the ruinous city area that was the basis of my stage concept. The second to last level in the original S&P was really tight too.

The game is really tough.

Hint though at the later part against the Deko commander guy:
Do NOT KILL THE DRAGON
:x

The game is really tough.

Hint though at the later part against the Deko commander guy:
Do NOT KILL THE DRAGON

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Looking back at the pick a character thingy from a few pages ago, 20 is too easy. I can get to about 16-18 before pulling things out of my butt. I'll stick with trying to predict the roster (which is now in my sig :cool:). Unless I missed the point.

Naw. She is the lead heroin, but Elza is the star, I always thought he looked pretty cool.
Few girls in fighting game is ok with me but overwhelming the series with girls is quite ******** because fighting is a male thingy if you wanna but w/e.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

Plus look at it this way:

Best case scenario, a second MARIO with a unique moveset.

Worst case scenario, a second CLONE OF MARIO who is MARIO.
Mario, but faster and with better range. Basically, the way Lin--I mean Mario should have been.

Touche.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I need to get S&P on the VC, get a couple buds over, and try to beat it on hard mode. >8OOO

STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

But then I'll just hate Saki like I hate Pit for Kid Icarus.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Touche, though I think the Nightmare and Jill Valentine supporters should also stop deluding themselves.
I like them. Andddd, I want them. Although I would love to Bomberman (An actually good character choice) as well.

Few girls in fighting game is ok with me but overwhelming the series with girls is quite ******** because fighting is a male thingy if you wanna but w/e.
WOW.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I like them. Andddd, I want them. Although I would love to Bomberman (An actually good character choice) as well.
Yeah, I misread the post initially. Ignore that. But I agree that Bomberman would be a cool character to add, even though I don't consider his chances very good.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I misread the post initially. Ignore that. But I agree that Bomberman would be a cool character to add, even though I don't consider his chances very good.
He isn't very likely due to Hudson going under, Konami buying him up, and his series not churning out the Starstatus stuff it used to during the N64 days.

BUT, I believe he has one of the most deeply rooted history with Nintendo out of all the 3rd party characters. Not to mention he is a gaming icon. But yeah, for the reasons above, I don't see him likely, at all anymore.

Don't forget the political powerhouse Zelda and Peach.

SF and Blazblue girls say hi as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I'm talking about reality, and in reality men and women have little bit of different structure were a Man's body is way stronger than Woman's.
You don't know what you're talking about. I know a lot of females who have been training in martial arts since they were five. They would destroy you.

Also, Hilary Clinton, Dorthea Merkel, and Lady Gaga say hi. (Three of the Top Eleven most powerful woman in the world)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom