• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
A list eyyy....

1.) Toad
2.) Ridley (Who doesn't love the guy?)
3.) Saki
4.) Victini
5.) Little Mac
6.) Slime
7.) Mega Man (Classic or X)
8.) K Rool
9.) Starfy
10.) Bowser Jr. (Problem with that?)

Phoenix Wright is actually number 2
:troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, I would imagine the hype if FE2 would have been a new remake instead of FE13.
Well FE2, I find, is quite deserving of a remake, but either way it's nice to have a break from remakes so it's a win win for me.

However, I still think for now that Celica would be better then Chrome until we find out more about him.

As for top 20 characters, it sounds like a fun game, but I'd rather try and keep the neutral status I think I've kept here.

And no Mewtwo isn't my top priority, I know it's hard to believe but it's true. XP

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is my crazy list:

1: Mewtwo
2: Ridley
3: Medusa
4: King K. Rool
5: Little Mac
6: Saki Amamiya
7: Isaac
8: Roy or Chrome
9: Starfy
10: Toad
11: Takamaru
12: Shulk
13: Tingle
14: Ghirahim
15: Mach Rider
16: Animal Crosser
17: Deoxys
18: Porky w/ MOTHER 2 mech
19: Slime
20: Megaman

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well FE2, I find, is quite deserving of a remake, but either way it's nice to have a break from remakes so it's a win win for me.

However, I still think for now that Celica would be better then Chrome until we find out more about him.

As for top 20 characters, it sounds like a fun game, but I'd rather try and keep the neutral status I think I've kept here.

And no Mewtwo isn't my top priority, I know it's hard to believe but it's true. XP
Chrome does have an Ike-ish playstyle specially how he take the sword from the ground at the begeining of the battle (Ike does that when he is a hero) I would accept Chrome replacing Ike but Aether must remain if he replaced him because I love his move :).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, I'll play.

1.Zoroark/Victini*
2. Mii
3. Chrome/Lady Tag Team*
4. Little Mac
5. Isaac
6. Ridley
7. Young Link/Toon Link*
8. Mewtwo*
9. Black Shadow/Goroh
10. Medusa
11. Bowser Jr.
12. King K. Rool
13. Dixie Kong
14. Shulk
15. Krystal
16. Tom Nook
17. Elza/Kanan
18. Tingle
19. Takamaru
20. Deoxys*

Okay, I too have a bad feeling about K. Rool.

When it comes to the four Pokemon, we're most likely getting two of them. It all depends on if we get a 3rd Gen remake or not.

Young Link/Toon Link: I'm sure we're getting one of them, I just don't know which one.

Chrome/Lady Tag Team: Depends on how the game ends up playing.

I wish I added Captain Syrup. . . I'll make her 21.

Oh yeah, I don't play the 3rd party game. I'm pretty bitter that I won't get anyone I want.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Star.

I'm not much of a Sin and Punishment fan (But I love the game) so...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13326024&postcount=34938

I'll repost my list WITH 20 characters
Well I've only within the past several months played through both games. From what I've seen you are on a good start. I do believe Saki to be one of the more likely characters to be made playable in the next title. There is some disagreement on that, but I have my reasons why I believe that.

Yeah I just posted twenty characters that interest me and just arranged them according to my belief of how likely they are. Third parties are on the bottom because I do not feel they are likely. Since I enjoy them I couldn't leave them off. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Chrome does have an Ike-ish playstyle specially how he take the sword from the ground at the begeining of the battle (Ike does that when he is a hero) I would accept Chrome replacing Ike but Aether must remain if he replaced him because I love his move :).
I guess, but if Chrome is just going to barrow Ike's gameplay style, why cut Ike in the 1st place?

D

Deleted member

In terms of priority list, do you mean how much we want the character, how deserving they are, or how much we want them? Perhaps I'll play along?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guess, but if Chrome is just going to barrow Ike's gameplay style, why cut Ike in the 1st place?
Yeah. Make room for Roy (Lame) or Caeda/New lady?

That's a winner winner chicken dinner idea.

In terms of priority list, do you mean how much we want the character, how deserving they are, or how much we want them? Perhaps I'll play along?
I did a mix of what i want, and what I expect. Mostly what I expect.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I really don't want them to cut Ike but no matter what I don't want to be as frustrated as Roy fans when they found out their character was cut-out so I must see through all the options.

Crazy Idea :

What do you think if Chrome and Roy were the character in the 3DS version while Ike and Marth were in the Wii U version ?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I assumed we were prioritizing twenty characters we like? If it were twenty characters that are likely. Then my top twenty is going to be quite different...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Little of both, I suppose. I find all of my characters deserving, but obviously a bit of bias went into that. Such as Bowser Jr. over Paper Mario. The OTHER bias I show is my view that the smaller franchises should have higher priority since the larger ones are MORE OR LESS set, and don't REALLY need more characters.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Now, if Sakurai thinks the series is "done" we won't get her. End of story.

She basically has a more important role than Falco/Wolf, but because that role was added later into the series, AND Sakurai didn't know of her, she didn't get in. Basically, she is really up in the air at this point.
Star Fox 64 3D seems to be selling well, so perhaps Sakurai thinks the series will continue. If the game reaches one million, I guarantee you that the series will get a new game for the 3DS or Wii-U, which may or may not raise Krystal's chances if she appears in a major role.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
1. K Rool
2. Professor Layton
3. Starfy
4. Tom Nook
5. Geno
6. Ridley
7. Black Shadow
8. Isaac
9. Medusa
10. Jiro

I know I'll probably only get about 2-3 from my list... :(

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah. Make room for Roy (Lame) or Caeda/New lady?

That's a winner winner chicken dinner idea.
Not Roy, we all know based on the evolution of fighting game characters (something Y.Toonlink likes to point out), he'll just end up a semi-clone.

I don't care about Chrome for now, so I still would rather have Caeda or BK or even Celica.

If we were prioritizing, it would end up like this.

1.) Toad
2.) Toad
3.) Toad
4.) Toad
5.) Toad
6.) Toad
7.) Toad
8.) Toad
9.) Toad
10.) Toad

And so on.............

Just kidding. I still think about other characters asides form Toad of course. Like Saki and Ridley.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why not, here is my list.

Newcomers
1. Little Mac
2. Issac
3. Krystal
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Toad
6. Fighter Hayabusa
7. Kid Icarus Rep (Someone from Uprising but I doubt Medusa or Paluenta will be it)
8. New Gen Pokemon Reps (I don't play new Gen so I don't know)
9. Custom Miis
10. Saki

Cuts
Possibly Lucario and Ike if new gen games comes.
I wish Snake and Sonic but I doubt it.

Returns
Though I really like Mewtwo I doubt he or anyone else will come back.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Star Fox 64 3D seems to be selling well, so perhaps Sakurai thinks the series will continue. If the game reaches one million, I guarantee you that the series will get a new game for the 3DS or Wii-U, which may or may not raise Krystal's chances if she appears in a major role.
Unless she leaves the SF team, or dies, she'll have a decent sized role. But I think her and Fox are like, offically a couple as of Command, sooo she's probably here to stay.

We also have to state who to cut?

Hmmm.......................

No one
I love cutting. It's fun IMO.

I could think of six characters we could cut if we HAD TOO.

Fun fact: This was actually a clever ploy to discover who thinks Ridley isn't one of the most deserving
Desrving? Yes. Charizard like? Yes. Cut Pokemon Trainer Red for Eythan/May? YES. Me likey Ridley after that? Yes.

But Sonic was really funny when it comes to most machinima videos. He's pictured as some idiot. LOL
He is. I get him and all, but I don't really enjoy how he plays/is in Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Fun fact: This was actually a clever ploy to discover who thinks Ridley isn't one of the most deserving. Robots have been dispatched. If you hear knocking within the next five minutes, think carefully of how to spend those next five minutes of yours.

ALSO, cut Lucario and bump Mega Man to #12, and you'd have my expected roster. :V

Hell, maybe even my SmashChu roster.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Opinions are in bold yellow.

Realistically, however, it's understandable.
To answer your comments:

DK wouldn't get any new characters if it hadn't been revived recently. But it has, so it stands good chances of getting a single character as a nod to its glory days. Anything more than that will be seen as focusing too much on a franchise that is, put bluntly, a has-been. If the Returns series continues strongly, I can definitely seeing it get more representation, but it's simply not on the same level of popularity of Mario/Zelda/Pokemon to justify the development hours for more than one character. And yes, you can point out Kirby but Sakurai reserves the right to **** over the other franchises for the sake of his brainchild.

Warioware and Yoshi won't get reps because that's all the representation they need. Yoshi by rights shouldn't even have his own logo, but snagged it in 64 just as Yoshi's Story came out. Warioware just doesn't have any characters that can compete with the big league icons for a spot.

Mario and Pokemon are justified with having 5-6 characters because they churn out new main games every few years, with a crapton of spinoffs and other merch ops in between. Zelda deserves at least 4 because even though it isn't as prolific as Mario and Pokemon, it's been there from the beginning and still has regular installments. Compare this to Starfox, which has only been around since the N64 era and stopped making new games five years ago, and it's pretty clear how incongruous 4 reps seems. Especially since Kirby and Metroid have twice as many games.

Chrome is no more a guarantee than any other character, but if FE representation continues in the same vein as it has for the past two games, he's in.

I probably should have specified what I meant by it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter to me which new franchises are represented. I think they're all equally deserving. It definitely does matter which to ensure better profits, but I don't think we're in any position to make anything more than the loosest of judgments. It's literally a coin toss, where the coin will probably be poked by Sakurai's ego somewhere mid-flip.

To be honest, I'm sort of.. hmmm... neutral on cutting 3rd parties...

But Sonic was really funny when it comes to most machinima videos. He's pictured as some idiot. LOL

D

Deleted member

Prioritizing ones that I want in terms of deserving:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Little Mac
4. Isaac
5. Mewtwo
6. Lip
7. Victini
8. Toad
9. Mega Man
10. Saki Amamiya
11. Starfy
12. Ray
13. Takamaru
14. Paper Mario
15. Slime
16. Deoxys
17. Bowser Jr.
18. Medusa
19. Dixie Kong
20. Krystal

Prioritizing ones that I want in terms of deserving:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Little Mac
4. Isaac
5. Mewtwo
6. Lip
7. Victini
8. Toad
9. Mega Man
10. Saki Amamiya
11. Starfy
12. Ray
13. Takamaru
14. Paper Mario
15. Slime
16. Deoxys
17. Bowser Jr.
18. Dixie Kong
19. Krystal
20. Professor Layton
Where's Ryu Hayabusa?

Oh and you know what I'm shocked about right?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lip? Didn't know you thought much of her, SSBF.

@Phostofeelies: I would say Wolf, Lucas, and R.O.B. are safe from the cutting board. Toon Link and Ike are a little iffy, and Sonic and Snake are always special cases due to THIRD-PARTY STATUS.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I probably should have specified what I meant by it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter to me which new franchises are represented. I think they're all equally deserving. It definitely does matter which to ensure better profits, but I don't think we're in any position to make anything more than the loosest of judgments. It's literally a coin toss, where the coin will probably be poked by Sakurai's ego somewhere mid-flip.
The way I see it is we look at what series between the time of Brawl and now have had new installments? So far Golden Sun, Starfy, and Sin and Punishment have. Which makes them active at the moment.

Of Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, R.O.B., Ike, Sonic, and Snake, who do you think WON'T be cut?
To be honest only Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, Sonic and Snake have the potential to be cut. Even then I suspect they will try not to cut as many characters as they can.

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
Where's Ryu Hayabusa?

Oh and you know what I'm shocked about right?
I would love Ryu Hayabusa in the game, but I feel as Mega Man, Slime, and Layton are more worthy. Still, he would be the 4th potential third-party character I put in. Mega Man, Slime, Layton, and Ryu Hayabusa are the only inclusions that I feel are worthy to be in Smash (I'd like Tails, but realistically, he isn't deserving at all. Same with Geno.).

Lip? Didn't know you thought much of her, SSBF.

@Phostofeelies: I would say Wolf, Lucas, and R.O.B. are safe from the cutting board. Toon Link and Ike are a little iffy, and Sonic and Snake are always special cases due to THIRD-PARTY STATUS.
Special case?

I don't know about them but I find it weird that Smash bros. would keep 3rd parties in the roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Of Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, R.O.B., Ike, Sonic, and Snake, who do you think WON'T be cut?
WON'T?

For sure, I don't see R.O.B being cut. I don't see Lucas being cut either, but I think he is an option if they decided to keep the roster small, and still add a decent amount of new blood.

Sonic COULD be cut, but I can see a lot of reasoning why he shouldn't be cut. I think Snake is a lot more likely to be cut, but I could still see both of them staying. (Despite me not wanting them to)

Ike and Wolf are in the same boat. With Wolf, we have Krystal being a definite consideration, but still Sakurai could easily go "Nah." and just skip over her. NOW, Ike definitely has Chrome to worry about. They seem similar, almost too similar. This isn't a Falco/Wolf vs. Krystal thing.

Toon Link, definitely could be swapped with Young Link, or maybe even Tingle.(Unlikely I know)

WON'T:
R.O.B

POSSIBLE:
Sonic
Snake
Wolf
Lucas
Ike
(Pokemon Trainer)

PROBABLE:
Toon Link
(Lucario)

The way I see it is we look at what series between the time of Brawl and now have had new installments? So far Golden Sun, Starfy, and Sin and Punishment have. Which makes them active at the moment.
People put too much into this whole relevance thing.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

To be honest only Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, Sonic and Snake have the potential to be cut. Even then I suspect they will try not to cut as many characters as they can.
And those are the three I'd put at the top of the list as well, besides Punch Out. But I couldn't choose between those three.

I think there would be a nice bit of poetic symmetry cutting seven reps...

I would love Ryu Hayabusa in the game, but I feel as Mega Man, Slime, and Layton are more worthy. Still, he would be the 4th potential third-party character I put in. Mega Man, Slime, Layton, and Ryu Hayabusa are the only inclusions that I feel are worthy to be in Smash (I'd like Tails, but realistically, he isn't deserving at all. Same with Geno.).
Oh and I noticed one more thing:

Toad --> Paper Mario --> Jr.

That's the new arrangement you made.

Geno's actually a cool guy. Sure he's not likely but that doesn't stop him from being a deserving candidate. Anyone agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom