• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
No it's full-on real.

Though Mario Kart 7 was very juicy. Rosalina and Lakitu are playable and items like Fireballs and Metal Box are in the game.
I missed the stream.

That actually does sound exciting...too bad it's not enough to justify my buying a DS.

Where exactly did the SSB screen show up? I saw mention of it a few pages back and it sounds like...Kid Icarus?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Mecha, can you translate the name of the new lord in the second video on the website?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/fire_emblem/index.html
Um, which name exactly? o_0

I missed the stream.

That actually does sound exciting...too bad it's not enough to justify my buying a DS.

Where exactly did the SSB screen show up? I saw mention of it a few pages back and it sounds like...Kid Icarus?
See my above post.

Here's all the info from the 3DS conference: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Um, which name exactly? o_0
Of the new blue haired lord guy. It should be the second video, there is a part where there is a scene/conversation between him and another character. Trying to see if you could translate his name from the video. So we don't have to call him "new lord" all the time. lol

Nevermind: Apparently his name is Chrome. Supposedly he is wielding a Falchion?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
another blue haired hero... sigh... well the girl looks interesting!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The first and the second screen look like very Smash Bros styled menus, but the third is too weird... I dunno.

:phone:
This doesn't even look smash related. I thought the SSB logo was flashed on the screen. I got much too excited >.>

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Is that his name above? Is his name really Chrome? Such a weird name...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: His name is Irore.

New screenie
Someone translated Chrome. WHo knows where they got that from. Irore huh? That sounds pretty nice. Are you confident enough in that name that I can take that translation to other websites?

That looks like Kid Icarus. I guess Sakurai is just reusing menu styles.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
No, I'm not 100% confident. At this point you'll have to call him either.

Until, of course, I can find out what that one little character is.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Irore sounds better than Chrome to me.

Remember that Brawl's main menu screen was also recycled from Kirby's Air Ride if I recall correctly. Maybe he is doing the same thing with Kid Icarus.

Is it possible to find out the name of the female FE character?

vicgur

Smash Ace
Yeah, people were expecting too much again... Now I'm bored again.
But can anyone translate what is written in those screens? Even if it's not Smash, it can be something interesting in Uprising.

Oh, and the game looks awesome. I'm gonna call Pit's evil twin Tip!

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Someone posted this elsewhere:

Chrome/Krom (Blue haired, possible lead), Rizu (Button Girl), Miriya (Girl in the screenshot I had).

Katakana is VERY ambiguous so final names can and most likely will be different. Some are entirely different altogether, like how "Aran" from FE10 was "Vlad" or "Brad"

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Someone posted this elsewhere:
Those are all correct but I am uncertain about the lord's name.

Katakana is not my strong suit, especially when they change the way the Japanese character with the font.

You can PM Iblis for an accurate translation, though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Those are all correct but I am uncertain about the lord's name.

Katakana is not my strong suit, especially when they change the way the Japanese character with the font.

You can PM Iblis for an accurate translation, though.
Yeah, I found a better screen:

Also, apparently he has a Falchion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also, apparently he has a Falchion.
Meh. A lance would have been more interesting. But at least it's a curvy sword :awesome:

Someone said there may be more revealed later?... is this true? Or. . . not?

Sealing Sword Falchion
??? what's a sealing sword?

Shoot, Krom could replace both Marth AND Roy couldn't he? lol
Def not cute enough. cool clothes though. Something not so bland.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Some other people are now translating the new lords name as "Krom". One guy has a roommate fluent in Japanese that confirmed that that translation is correct. So "Krom/Chrome" it is for now. That is what I will be calling him from now on so just giving everyone the heads up.

Whoa, Krom's sword seems to be a meld between the Sealing Sword and Falchion. Literally it is called the Sealing Sword Falchion. What the heck? Shoot, Krom could replace both Marth AND Roy couldn't he? lol

??? what's a sealing sword?
Fire Emblem 6.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The developers must have a fetish for Blue Haired protagonist with swords.
I have no idea why. Even something along the lines of ice blue would have been acceptable. Still, Krom seems like an interesting mix between Marth and Ike. I want to see how his character is developed.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea why. Even something along the lines of ice blue would have been acceptable. Still, Krom seems like an interesting mix between Marth and Ike. I want to see how his character is developed.
Yea, other than a slight style in his attire, I wonder if he has any special abilities that might make him different from many lords.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That FE13 lord looks like a FE10 Ike if he bulked up naturally and did not spike his hair.

I feel bad that both Pokemon and Fire Emblem will have cycling slots.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That FE13 lord looks like a FE10 Ike if he bulked up naturally and did not spike his hair.

I feel bad that both Pokemon and Fire Emblem will have cycling slots.
I would rather have Roy back instead of a 3rd blue haired swordman
I agree with both of these statements. Now I'm thinking Ike could be the expendable one this time around.

Anyways I'm out for the night everyone. Later.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Hahahaha! The new dude's name is Krom? IN BEFORE:

"Krom! I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Krom. So grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario is getting 3 new 3DS games, I think that ups his chances for smash 4

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
"Krom" could also be "Chrome" (moon runes! Got to love them!).

Yeah, not to big on Krom as an FE fan

HOWEVER!

The official site shows a girl (Rizu) across from him. Given 13 alreddy seems to take the world map from Gaiden and Sacred Stones, prehaps it takes their 2 lord thing? She is shown as a staff user.

Also: These flashed by at the end of the KI trailer
http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2011_09/shots.png
http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2011_09/shot2.png

Do they say anything smash related when translated?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW, CoroCoro was just released and a new Pokemon game was announced. Pokepark 2. You can read more on it at Serebii.

Also, look at this.

This Mewtwo event for Black/White includes a Mewtwo with a "Pressure" ability. Plus he has a new signature move. Called "Psycho Break" or something like that. :)
ALL Mewtwo's have Pressure. Except Dream world which have unnerve. BOTH are boring abilities but Pressure is probably better in most situations.

"Psycho Break" is known as Psystrike in America.

Info:

Psystrike inflicts damage. Despite being classified as Special move, this move calculates damage using the user's Special Attack and the opponent's Defense stat.

It's Mewtwo's NEW signature move

Steam

Smash Hero
Mario is getting 3 new 3DS games, I think that ups his chances for smash 4
Mario is so likely his chances are over 100%...

he was in twice in melee..

also I like the idea behind psystrike. but if mewtwo was in any smash game he'd be pretty much guranteed to be awful (competitively) unless he got broken special moves or they did something really wonky with his design. some character designs are just better than others in smash... especially since the game is balanced for casual play.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ALL Mewtwo's have Pressure. Except Dream world which have unnerve. BOTH are boring abilities but Pressure is probably better in most situations.

"Psycho Break" is known as Psystrike in America.

Info:

Psystrike inflicts damage. Despite being classified as Special move, this move calculates damage using the user's Special Attack and the opponent's Defense stat.

It's Mewtwo's NEW signature move
Wooooooo.... Pokepark 2.... *rolls eyes*

I guess it's not Gray. . . but still.

Despite that, I'm sure they could find a balance. They just did unnecessary nerfs without the knowledge of how to fix him
Hopefully we have some sort of patch system. Can the 3DS use patches?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario is so likely his chances are over 100%...

he was in twice in melee..

also I like the idea behind psystrike. but if mewtwo was in any smash game he'd be pretty much guranteed to be awful (competitively) unless he got broken special moves or they did something really wonky with his design. some character designs are just better than others in smash... especially since the game is balanced for casual play.
I don't see why he'd have to be awful in smash. At one point in Melee's development he was broken good.

Despite that, I'm sure they could find a balance. They just did unnecessary nerfs without the knowledge of how to fix him

Steam

Smash Hero
I've never heard anything about him being brokenly good in melee dev.

and based on his physics and the basis of his moveset... he'd need really good special moves to not be terrible. there's chance that could happen though... disable and confusion kinda sucked total *** in melee.

the sad thing though is that if mewtwo was in brawl essentially unchanged from melee... he'd probably be even closer to the bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom