• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So what was all at the conference? Someone update me? It happened right?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE13 is coming and may be an Ike sequel
Monster Hunter for the 3DS
Smash 4 and KI have been delayed.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Yah, it happened. The most important stuff was.

- New Fire Emblem game confirmed, possibly another game in Ike's storyline
- Lots of Capcom support for Nintendo systems, which could help get Capcom representation in SSB4 (it's a big could)
- Kid Icarus Uprising, and therefore SSB4, delayed (specifically KI delayed to at least January next year)

The other stuff announced was Monster Hunter 3, a new Mario Tennis game, footage of previously announced games like Paper Mario 3DS and Zelda: Skyward Sword, and some weird Japanese stuff.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yay Rosalina and Lakitu are playable in Mario Kart 7.

Btw they're showing Uprising right now.

Lol they're Metroids in Uprising.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Damn, looking at KI footage it looks like Pit will have an evil twin.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Uprising reminds me of Sin and Punishment. I wonder if Sakurai took some cues from Star Successor? That would certainly bode well for an S&P character if so.

Also, I fully expect Pit to change in SSB4 after seeing all of his new tools.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
FE13 is coming and may be an Ike sequel
Oooh. Looks like we either: Won't have a new female for the FE series (Ike, Marth, New Male) OR We could lose Ike and get two characters from the new game.

I doubt the main character will be female.

Monster Hunter for the 3DS
Meh. Never played it. I think Sakurai does though.

Smash 4 and KI have been delayed.
Can we get more in depth with this? Or do we only know this?
Delays are fine with me. Ninty has more than enough first party gold mines coming out this Winter. I'm assuming they're trying to perfect something. Which means Smash is going to be put on hold of course. Looks like the "Prelim roster leak" has been debunked.

I wonder if the Wii U is going to be delayed?

Also, I fully expect Pit to change in SSB4 after seeing all of his new tools.
He could, but we've never seen a complete character overhaul. Which is something a few characters need IMO. But probably won't get.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
According to sources the Wii U developer kit is having technical issues, which isn't surprising. But it's a rumor.

Sakurai said until Uprising is finished he won't begin on SSB4, thus if Uprising is delayed, SSB4 is.

Pit also has a sexy hunk of an evil twin.

disregard that

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What the heck? There was a flickerSmash Bros stuff at the end of the Kid Icarus trailer, only for a second? Even NeoGAF is talking about it. O_o

Sakurai is taking cues from his friend Kojima... :\

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What the heck? There was a flickerSmash Bros stuff at the end of the Kid Icarus trailer, only for a second? Even NeoGAF is talking about it. O_o
Where is this video??? I wanna see!!!

Found streaming I think. They're talking about animal crossing right?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking at KI gameplay it looks like Palutena will have a much larger role then normal.

As for FE, I think I could see the Main Lord, personally he looks like Ike's or even BK's ansestor, and gameplay looks heavly borrowed from Ike's games (I'd go futher but it's complicated so please take my word for it on the gameplay).

The lord looks like a knight class style character like BK so we may see some of our speculated BK style gameplay in him.

It also looks like they may be borrowing the world map idea from FE2 and 8, so that will be fun.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Where is this video??? I wanna see!!!
People are trying to get a screen cap.

What happened is in between the Kid Icarus video there was static that had a Smash Bros menu intertwined with the screen. Then it cut away and went back to Palutena and Pit. It happened fast but a lot of people caught it.

The lord looks like a knight class style character like BK so we may see some of our speculated BK style gameplay in him.
I noticed that, he seems to be wearing thicker armor later on.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

What happened is in between the Kid Icarus video there was static that had a Smash Bros menu intertwined with the screen. Then it cut away and went back to Palutena and Pit. It happened fast but a lot of people caught it.
This is what I get for doing my Placement test so late. How sad.

What did the symbol look like? Any new additions?

vicgur

Smash Ace

OMG, I SAW THAT!!
But I thought it was something from Kid Icarus...
Oh, God... Now I'm shivering!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is what I get for doing my Placement test so late. How sad.

What did the symbol look like? Any new additions?
It was just a menu, faded out by static. It was like some kind of Kojima tactic...

Once the videos are uploaded there will be a screen cap. I guarantee it. NeoGAF is blowing up right now because of that mystery menu. lol

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for the comments Star. I was hoping there was going to be some new IP to help fill a hole.

Great, now some places are reporting the new Fire Emblem will not be coming to the West. Look's like Fire Emblem is going back to being a Japan-only series if this is true.
Hard to say now. It might not make it's way to that decision yet. Europe should not worry though :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thanks for the comments Star. I was hoping there was going to be some new IP to help fill a hole.
I was anticipating something, but nothing has been shown that really affects the character speculation outside of Fire Emblem 3DS.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bummer I was too busy being the FE reporter to see it.

Anyway, it looks like either an Ike sequel or a new FE story entirely. So Roy's chances are almost 0 at this point.

Here's a good pick of what seems to be the female lord of the game.

As for the trailer it may have been a glitch to the end of the stream/presentation so keep fingers crossed people.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was anticipating something, but nothing has been shown that really affects the character speculation outside of Fire Emblem 3DS.
Which basically just killed off Caeda and the others. . .

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Oh my ****ing god still no Paper Mario 3DS. Barely any new footage. Damn you Intelligent Systems!

@SmashKing: Yes.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok, I was going to say "No Tom Nook???". Thanks god. XD

And yea they showed a Paper Mario 3DS trailer

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Bummer I was too busy being the FE reporter to see it.

Anyway, it looks like either an Ike sequel or a new FE story entirely. So Roy's chances are almost 0 at this point.
Roy could still show up to represent the Blazing/Sealed Sword saga. I think that is how the lords could be done as far as representation:

Marth - FE 1-3
Roy - FE 6&7
Ike - FE 11&12
New Lord - FE 13

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I know but only like a minute which showed nothing new. Intelligent Systems is so quiet about their games as you just saw with Fire Emblem.
I hate when they do stuff like that myself. I guess it is the only way to get fans more anticipated to buy the games.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed that the rumored Mach Rider game was not announced. Well, there is always later today to find out more.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yes. That big announcement was Monster Hunter which I won't buy. And a pink 3DS.

I was for certain they would have shown the second Circle Pad. Meh.
What a bore. Aside from Mario Tennis 3DS, and that silly SSB screen, nothing interesting. But this isn't E3, so I shouldn't expect anything.

Also, wasn't the circle pad a rumor?...

Well, there is always later today to find out more.
So there is more??...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
What a bore. Aside from Mario Tennis 3DS, and that silly SSB screen, nothing interesting. But this isn't E3, so I shouldn't expect anything.

Also, wasn't the circle pad a rumor?...
No it's full-on real.

Though Mario Kart 7 was very juicy. Rosalina and Lakitu are playable and items like Fireballs and Metal Box are in the game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Roy could still show up to represent the Blazing/Sealed Sword saga. I think that is how the lords could be done as far as representation:

Marth - FE 1-3
Roy - FE 6&7
Ike - FE 11&12
New Lord - FE 13
That would be awesome but chances are FE will only get the 3 slots it was supposed to have in Brawl so my guess is:

Marth
Ike (FE10 Style)
New Lord

Sakurai's also an FE fan so my guess for this roster goes up as well.

Either way, I've been checking back and forth on Serenes Forest and they say the chances of a Roy Sequel are very slim based on the gameplay. And from what I saw I'd have to say it's probably true.

Well as much as I'd like to see Chrono's or Omega's take on this, I'd have to say good night for sure this time. And if I find out anything else I'll be sure to post it here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It looks like Fire Emblem 3DS will not be associated with any existing story. It will be brand new. Which is actually pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom