• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Why don't you----
fufufufufu.... you guys disgrace me. don't you all know by now? i'm an artist! i also have a graphic design degree to back me up...
only other reason why i wouldn't at this extremely specific point in time is because i've got major homeworks to do.
I posted late :p

Anyway, I'm gonna be off for the whole day

@Omega: Forgotten?

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@augustoflores

Could you make my roster wishlist...? Like as a character selection screen...?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Hmm...those are some good ideas, well let's see now..

Shoryuken for Megaman? Doesn't he have any recovery based moves from his game? Like Zero's dog or something? IMO that move is fit to be Ryu's.

:phone:
It's a Shoryuken type of move from MvC 2 (same button inputs). And that's wut I meant, the weapon swaps (Rush Coil = Zero's Dog, I forgot you never played MM) could help with recovery. Rush Coil is basically a spring, and the Tornado Hold would help push him up.
I think it'd be a nice representing move too, since Megaman's the face of Capcom, using the Megabuster (charged) could act as a Hadoken and the Mega Upper would be Shoryuken (am I the only one that can't read Ryu's attack without him screaming? lol). It kind of inputs Ryu to be in SSB in a way.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, i don't have a character selection screen, but i was planning on making one... i was also in the process of making a completely custom selection screen but i lost the file somewhere. you've already seen that one roster i put up here last night already... hmmm...

you want to see my works, it's at my sig. errr... my sig didn't show up...

here

army man

Smash Ace
well, i don't have a character selection screen, but i was planning on making one... i was also in the process of making a completely custom selection screen but i lost the file somewhere. you've already seen that one roster i put up here last night already... hmmm...

you want to see my works, it's at my sig. errr... my sig didn't show up...

here
you have a deviant art too? i must friend you

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Smart move, yea...
But I doubt it. Thats not the mentality sakurai has.

He legitly cares for the fanbase when it comes to picking the cast. (Even if he may not go about it the right way...) I don't think he would bone us like that and try to minimize what we get.
He only once added a character purely to please the fans. (Which is cool, but it only happened once) That was Sonic. He cares about making money, and representing Nintendo properly.

And yea it will take a lil effort to get a 3rd party on board but this game has aloooooot of time before its made. Right now the WiiU isn't even finished. They're probably taking this time brainstorming who gets it. I think sakurais gonna get it right this time. Like, everything right. Lots of characters (hes always got that part right imo) better wifi, and balance.
It's not a little effort. Sakurai says it's a struggle to add Nintendo characters together and make it work/look right. Adding thid parties just makes it that much harder. Adding third parties wasn't ever on his list. Pleaseing his buddy, and his fans on a MASSIVE scale was. It's unclear if Megaman will reach the same hype as Sonic. But I'm betting that's the only way he's getting in. If we ask for it. No, scratch that. If we SCREAM AS LOUD AS THE INTERNET EVER HAS.

I don't think he ever intended to add anyone other than Snake.

I remember him saying hes leaving the balancing completely to someone else. Thank god.
All he said was he was going to have other look over it as well. I'm sure he'll still work on it.

Also, most (not all) fans are expecting at least one new guest to arrive as a playable character, especially if third-party characters return. Almost every fighting game has at least one new guest arrive in as a playable character and if guests return, I don't think Smash Bros. should be an exception to that rule. Having the same guests arrive over and over again with no new blood would get very stale to see.
Stale, sure. But it would sell. But whatever, I'm not going to argue that.

I hate to break it to you but, just because you expect something, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Don't hold your breath.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That's one of the things I'm looking into, but the moveset from someone else that you posted before seems to have a good list. I might change and add some depending on how I think the switcher would work.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i also plan on drawing in color every single character that i intend would be in the game... this would be my next project after i finish redesigning the robot masters.

if i have to estimate, it would be much faster since i don't have to get creative...

Estimated end date time of my truly customized roster = June 2012.

in my free time of my autumn break, i will be customizing character selection screens... school is really kicking my arse, atm, so i will be off from smashboards for 2 weeks... i will even remove them from my bookmark so i won't be tempted to return until i can satisfy my school.
this is good bye.

(lol, and i just said that i could help you people with your art needs, lol fail)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

I agree with SSBFan, let's see now:

K.Rool definetly has a chance at the roster; seeing as he's been the most requested DK rep for a while, I'm not entirely sure if Dixie Kong were to overthrow his chances since Sakurai already had data for Dixie in Brawl, which means he might show interest in Dixie once more, also the fact that K.Rool didn't appear in Donkey Kong Returns makes me believe that his chances might not be as high as we thought, I don't exactly know but I will say that Dixie Kong has a slight higher chance due to her already being acknowledged by Sakurai, unless of course demand for K.Rool is high then I can see it happening.

You know... who's to say they can't add both of them?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You know... who's to say they can't add both of them?
Well, I didn't say both can't be in, I would love to see both K.Rool and Dixie Kong, I just believe Sakurai himself won't consider having 4 DK reps, of course if Dixie were made a duo with Diddy, then I can definetly see both K.Rool and Dixie in, hopefully it does happen.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I doubt X would make it in over classic, especially due to MM9-10 and classic's history and relevance with Nintendo.

But at the most I hope Classic does take a bit from X, such as Wall Jumping and maybe his speed.

As for weapon switching it depends on which weapons he has would be good for that kind of playstyle and would work well in Smash. And at the moment all I can think of are the Crash Bombs (MM2) and the Plug Ball (MM9).

OmegaXXII

Well, all I can say is that if classic makes it in, then let's hope X gets in as an alternate costume and vise versa, I guess since Smash isn't canon he could incorporate some of X's moves as well.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
X was cool, but his face and voice don't match. XP He still sounds like a kid, but he has them angry eyes.

I like classic the best.

OmegaXXII

Lol..I always thought it was the opposite way around. xD

I'd like to see Classic but X seems more appealing in looks, maybe if we got Ray MK as well then I wouldn't really care about the Classic getting in instead.

D

Deleted member

In appearance, I want to see Mega Man, though I wouldn't mind if they borrowed attributes from other games.

In other words, I have been really been thinking about this, but I don't think I can sustain being on this site anymore. I am way too addicted to this site and I am enrolled on some difficult courses at school. The only guarantee activity I will have now is updating Rate Their Chances.

Understand that I have more important things in life to deal with and I need to get to those before it's too late. Until then, don't expect any activity aside from one exception until this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom