• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's a wishlist so I won't bash it hardly, now then what about your "realistic" roster? That would be more interesting. :bee:

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
[collapse=""]Like you said, keeping out third-party characters entirely would not affect sales. The only reason why they may have made a slight adjustment to Brawl's sales is because they were newcomers at the time. The "idiots" who bought the game just for Snake or Sonic won't skip SSB4 because they leave. Sure some of them will rage over it (or at least the "fanboys" will), but if they enjoy the game play, that alone won't stop them from getting the game. Most people who wanted to play as Snake or Sonic in a Smash game probably has already done so in Brawl, so regardless of whenever or not Snake and/or Sonic returns, almost all of the fans will likely carry over to SSB4. Even if it did affect sales, it won't be enough to where Sakurai notices.

Also, most (not all) fans are expecting at least one new guest to arrive as a playable character, especially if third-party characters return. Almost every fighting game has at least one new guest arrive in as a playable character and if guests return, I don't think Smash Bros. should be an exception to that rule. Having the same guests arrive over and over again with no new blood would get very stale to see.
[/collapse]

How about instead of Sakurai considering third party characters for release, he make them in the future as DLC?

If he is unique, then sure.
Would you cut Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Luigi, Lucas, Ganon and Jiggs?

[collapse=""]Somebody answer this:
What really defines a unique moveset? It's obvious that clones/Luigi-fied hold nothing different in the appearance of the attack, but they differ in effect (knockback/damage) right? The effect should be what we're really looking for in terms of "unique". Creativity is nice to see of course, but that doesn't mean that some characters should be cut because they lack a unique "presentation" of an attack. How many characters share a sex kick, roll or spin as a Nair? A flash kick, screw kick or some kind of flip as a Upair? A sweep as a Dtilt?
[/collapse]

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
OK, I don't have an image of how my roster would look, so I'm resorting to show you all via a list. If anyone here is good at making character select screen images, please feel free to try.

OK, here's my roster wishlist:

Mario series:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Dr. Mario- He's a clone... I'd rather him just be an alternate costume.

DK series:
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong -Okay... I guess she could be a tag-team with Diddy I'd rather have K.Rool any day though.

LoZ series:
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Midna -People still go on about this? She's nice and all but no longer relevant.
- Young Link -Possibly.... if we get another Toon Link game though I see him staying.
- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda/Tetra- As long as she's not a clone I'm all for it.

Metroid series:
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus
- Adam Malkovich -Who is he?
- Dark Samus -decent.... Ridley is far more deserving though.

Kirby series:
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox series:
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf
- Krystal

Pokemon series:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu-... please no he was a clone and a terrible one at that.
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario -I love Lucario but Zoroark will most likely take his place which makes sense.
- Meowth -no thanks... I'd prefer him to stay as a Pokeball.
- Plusle & Minun -Not bad I like it but I don't think they are getting in.

F-Zero series:
- Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow

WarioWare series:
- Wario
- Ashley

Fire Emblem series:
- Marth
- Roy
- Ike

Earthbound series:
- Ness
- Lucas

Others:
- Yoshi
- R.O.B.
- Ice Climbers
- Pit
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Olimar
- Snake
- Sonic
- Cloud Strife- Please tell me your kidding
- Sephiroth- See Cloud Strife
- Megaman
- KOS-MOS- I don't know who she is so... I don't know
- Shantae- Who?
Your missing characters who are far more deserving... I don't see Starfy,Little Mac, Issac, Bowser Jr, most importantly King K. Rool or Ridley.

D

Deleted member

y.toonlink said:
How about instead of Sakurai considering third party characters for release, he make them in the future as DLC?
Unlikely to happen, but would give fans who don't want third-party characters to not have to deal with them.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
It's a wishlist so I won't bash it hardly, now then what about your "realistic" roster? That would be more interesting. :bee:
Still a W.I.P. but here's a shortened version:

Newcomers (so far):
- Midna
- Dark Samus
- Krystal
- Black Shadow
- Ashley
- KOS-MOS

Maybes (so far):
- Paper Mario
- Saki
- Isaac

For now, that's all. In terms of returning vets, I still stand on everyone coming back, but I know it won't happen.

Hey Omega, you good at making roster images...?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
She looks pretty cool what game is she from? Anyway does anyone here know how to make one of these rosters? If so mind telling me how or making one for me

OmegaXXII

Still a W.I.P. but here's a shortened version:

Newcomers (so far):
- Midna
- Dark Samus
- Krystal
- Black Shadow
- Ashley
- KOS-MOS

Maybes (so far):
- Paper Mario
- Saki
- Isaac

For now, that's all. In terms of returning vets, I still stand on everyone coming back, but I know it won't happen.

Hey Omega, you good at making roster images...?
The only ones I see realistic on there would be Paper Mario, Saki, and Black Shadow, all three as being likely, as for the others I really don't see them in, even if they have a chance it's probably slim for some.

I actually most vets have a chance to return, at least most thelat appeared in Melee/starters in Brawl, some vets that would be excluded would be Lucario and some of the unlockables, I would like to see Mewtwo in his place though.

As for a roster image, sure, what's up?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I have an idea of how to make them, but don't rely on me to make it, it'll be forever when I finish it....

@Omega
so that Megaman moveset is looking alright so far :p

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
The only ones I see realistic on there would be Paper Mario, Saki, and Black Shadow.
As long as they include the battle music when you face the Koopa Bros. at their fortress in the N64 game, then I am all for Paper Mario making the cut. In regards to Black Shadow, I just want a 2nd F-Zero rep, period. I hate seeing Falcon being the sole rep for that series.

As for a roster image, sure, what's up?
All right, make my wishlist in a Brawl character select screen format. Once my "realistic" roster is done, I'll have you do the same with that.

OmegaXXII

Reserved for...

As long as they include the battle music when you face the Koopa Bros. at their fortress in the N64 game, then I am all for Paper Mario making the cut. In regards to Black Shadow, I just want a 2nd F-Zero rep, period. I hate seeing Falcon being the sole rep for that series.
Yeah, if we at least get more music that would be spectacular, more orchatrated ones would be nice.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, I have the attacks I stole from MvC2 that I think would work well, I left some blank spots for attacks that Sakurai would probably originally make and an incomplete description of how the weapon swap would work.
I have some ideas that I think would work well with it, but do you think the Mega Upper (Shoryuken) from MvC would be a good UpB? I was thinking if it was then some of the weapon swaps could help with recovery (Rush Coil, Tornado Hold etc.)

OmegaXXII

Hmm...those are some good ideas, well let's see now..

Shoryuken for Megaman? Doesn't he have any recovery based moves from his game? Like Zero's dog or something? IMO that move is fit to be Ryu's.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
fufufufufu.... you guys disgrace me. don't you all know by now? i'm an artist! i also have a graphic design degree to back me up...
only other reason why i wouldn't at this extremely specific point in time is because i've got major homeworks to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom