• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
More icons coming where that came from.
If you can deliver unto me the Dragon Quest slanted sword logo I will be a happy man. :)

That icon was a nightmare to try and create. That's why I'm so proud of my Custom Robo icon, it actually worked out exactly how I envisioned.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is Smash Bros. though, not Pokemon.

Anyway, on another subject, I did create a franchise icon myself.

This is pretty much the best answer I have for Final Fantasy's icon, as the Chocobo is a common species in that series.
Any competent smash player would figure it out by the way the character moves. They'd only be tricked for a very short period of time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Any competent smash player would figure it out by the way the character moves. They'd only be tricked for a very short period of time.
Zoroark still needs to be on the character select screen though. It's a tradition that unlockables have to be displayed on character select screens when unlocked.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
LoL, but wouldn't that look to similar to Fire Emblem's sword?

But if it's iconic to the series then I guess, i'd rather see the Slime shadow himself as the icon, like Sonic's lol..

It isn't that bad.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni

This time, I split them up. So you can have some in your sig if you want or something, with "4 Smash" at the end.

Thinking of more to do, and I'm considering people's suggestions as they come.

(going to repost the other one. Need to make an adjustment)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

This time, I split them up. So you can have some in your sig if you want or something, with "4 Smash" at the end.

Thinking of more to do, and I'm considering people's suggestions as they come.
Want to try something I failed at? lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you're interested Hex try doing a Sin and Punishment icon. What I had tried doing is making an icon out of the first katakana symbol in the title.

It didn't work out so well...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni

Final revision.

Does the use of the kanji character for "sin" really represent the franchise? =P

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Final revision.

Does the use of the kanji character for "sin" really represent the franchise? =P
Even in the English version it still uses the symbols.

I think it suits the series.

If it was not so difficult for me I would go for the grungier symbol as seen in Star Successor's Japanese box art.

[COLLAPSE="SAP"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I don't think that's a valid criteria though...
The English cover has the Kanji, but the Japanese cover has the English words...

It's purely used for aesthetic purposes on the cover. The symbol for a franchise has to characterize the game. I don't see how a word, albeit a singular kanji symbol as a Japanese word, meets that criteria.

My opinion.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think that's a valid criteria though...
The English cover has the Kanji, but the Japanese cover has the English words...

It's purely used for aesthetic purposes on the cover. The symbol for a franchise has to characterize the game. I don't see how a word, albeit a singular kanji symbol as a Japanese word, meets that criteria.

My opinion.
Problem is there is no other consistent symbol given within the series that I can think of? To me the kanji was always symbolic in the way that a singular "X" or "Z" represented the Megaman X and Zero series.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I mean, there must be SOMEthing in the game that is extremely iconic and simple in terms of form. I've never played the games, so I'm not qualified to make a suggestion, but I really don't think the kanji character "tsumi" is sufficient.

Just remember, a lot of the symbols for Smash are just objects in the respective games.

The mushroom isn't a "symbol" anywhere in the games, but it's an item you collect.
Kirby's star could be a warp star, an ability, etc. It's non-specific.
Ice Climbers is just an eggplant.
Pokemon is a pokeball.

Are there any objects in S&P that are important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom