• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What I would like to see is...

New F-Zero game
New Custom Robo
Earthbound (either new one or remake of the first one)
New Starfox game with Wii motion Plus

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
According to Wikipedia Miyamoto wanted this when Wii Sports Resort first came out. He couldn't because the original developer refused to.

Also look at this SSB roster. Well not really but it would work.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
it's 2012!!!1one
Too bad we won't see page 2013. :(

I'd love to see a new Custom Robo game, NOISE isn't working on anything at the moment so maybe they can start working on a 3DS installment? As long as they get Shinji Hosoe and his sound team (SUPERSWEEP; Ayako Saso, Yasuhisa Watanabe and Yousuke Yasui,) to do the music again, I won't have any complaints. I love SUPERSWEEP. ;_;

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Random topic change:

I would love to see is more "specialty assist trophy" items. An example being Pokeballs, which are essentially assist trophies that exclusively summon entities from Pokemon. Here are a few I thought of:

Custom robo cubes would be awesome.
An ability star from Kirby games that can be grabbed and turned into a helper.
Kamek's Wand could be swung to shoot out a ball of energy that would spawn a Mario enemy.

In fact, I would love it if the enemies used in Adventure Mode were all from Nintendo games and were also all assist trophies or any other variant of the item. Perhaps the franchises that are already represented by playable characters can put most (not all) of their assist trophy focus on enemies.

Assist trophies should mostly be defeatable (with exceptions, of course) if there are this many of them, which could in turn be used in adventure mode as enemies, or perhaps even allies.

If you can think of more "specialized assist trophies," share your ideas!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Random topic change:

I would love to see is more "specialty assist trophy" items. An example being Pokeballs, which are essentially assist trophies that exclusively summon entities from Pokemon. Here are a few I thought of:

Custom robo cubes would be awesome.
An ability star from Kirby games that can be grabbed and turned into a helper.
Kamek's Wand could be swung to shoot out a ball of energy that would spawn a Mario enemy.

In fact, I would love it if the enemies used in Adventure Mode were all from Nintendo games and were also all assist trophies or any other variant of the item. Perhaps the franchises that are already represented by playable characters can put most (not all) of their assist trophy focus on enemies.

Assist trophies should mostly be defeatable (with exceptions, of course) if there are this many of them, which could in turn be used in adventure mode as enemies, or perhaps even allies.

If you can think of more "specialized assist trophies," share your ideas!
Wouldn't those things function better as items? But I do agree with you about the Assist Trophies, they should incorporate more of the "common enemies". Like Redeads, Octoroks, Koopa Troopa, etc...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Wouldn't those things function better as items? But I do agree with you about the Assist Trophies, they should incorporate more of the "common enemies". Like Redeads, Octoroks, Koopa Troopa, etc...
When did I say these things weren't items? =P

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
We should have some Pokemon enemies too and some more Kirby enemies like Sword Night or those fire fly things and from Pokemon Golbats or something one of the evil teams uses.

:phone:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well what if you had to catch the pokemon?

Like, if there was a part of adventure mode where a pokemon appears with stamina (just like SSE enemies) and there's a pokeball placed on a platform near the encounter point. You'd have to catch the pokemon with that pokeball when it's weak enough. If you catch it successfully, a branching pathway opens. If not, you have to continue the regular course.

In fact, what if in multiplayer mode, throwing a pokeball at an already released pokemon causes it to get captured? XD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Perhaps if a trainer sees you, they'll send out a (few?) Pokemon at you and you have to defeat it (them?)? Though sneaking around avoiding the eyes of trainers sounds more like something Snake would do. ...Actually. I like that. Snake in a world full of cute creatures. Make it happen.

With so many Pokemon with so many attacks and abilities, some of them a bound to work as side-scrolling platformer enemies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The fact that he got in as an Assist trophy at all in the first place, having not had a game in many years, shows that he has some likelihood to be playable now that he HAS had a recent game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The fact that he got in as an Assist trophy at all in the first place, having not had a game in many years, shows that he has some likelihood to be playable now that he HAS had a recent game.
Agreed. Not to mention the team that developed Punch Out!! expressed interest in making a sequel that would switch things up. At least for now, it appears there is still a future for the series.

He and a couple other characters are beginning to grow on me more.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A new Kirby's Dreamland on the 3DS

That would make my day

Animals, absorbing powers. Unlocking rain drops by trying to figure out the right animal/ power combination.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of having classic nintendo enemies roaming the map. I was thinking in Level editor mode you could put generators that would constantly spawn enemies. You could select what kind of enemies you want to come out.

You could make a zombie level with Redeads or have it flooded with cute and cuddly enemies which you have knock out of the way to get to.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i just thought of something. what if team rocket was on sb4 and when they get star KO'ed they'd say" team rocket blasting off again!" lollololololololol and star, we made it to pg 13!!!!!
It's already been suggested lots of times, but yes it would be iconic and hilarious, but it's unlikely. :c

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Team Rocket had ANY other pokemon than Meowth, Ekans and Koffing I would refuse to touch them

Edit: maybe Except Arbok and Weezing

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
New Custom Robo game would be awesome, oh yea!!!!

Heck, they could even remake Custom Robo V1 and V2 since ala Fire Emblem 1&2. Considering the West has never played either game before it would properly introduce the series and reboot it as well.

Which means, Omega, you'd get to hear this song. ;)

Custom Robo V2 - Custom Battle (2000)

OmegaXXII

Heck, they could even remake Custom Robo V1 and V2 since ala Fire Emblem 1&2. Considering the West has never played either game before it would properly introduce the series and reboot it as well.

Which means, Omega, you'd get to hear this song. ;)

Custom Robo V2 - Custom Battle (2000)
Whoa, Whoa!!! That song!

OMG!! I hope it does get announced next month, if not Im hoping at least that song to get in Smash 4, or at least a stage would be nice.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Decided to look up custom robo. I think the series needs a lot more polish before it can become main stream.

The combat hasn't changed since the days it was on the N64. It has an excuse back than, the transition from 2D to 3D was awkward that generation.

OmegaXXII

Yea, but if a new transition were to happen, meaning a new style of play, better plot were to be introduced then I believe it would be a total hit, thus helping him become mainstream, the good thing is that Sakurai already acknowledges him wife he was put in both Melee as a trophy and as an AT in Brawl.

If a new game were to be announced and well received and there would be no doubt that he would take a Smash Bros. Roster spot, for the time being though it's uncertain.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really like the combat style of Custom Robo. It's very unique compare to other games. It was truly 3D as you had extensive aerial combat as well as ground. What I didn't like about the Custom Robo for the gamecube was the story mode. All you did was talk, move around, and fight. It got to the point where you didn't care about what was going on you just wanted to get to the next fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom