• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Decided to look up custom robo. I think the series needs a lot more polish before it can become main stream.

The combat hasn't changed since the days it was on the N64. It has an excuse back than, the transition from 2D to 3D was awkward that generation.
It isn't that bad, the things I would enjoy is if the stages were larger and characters had a little more health. That would help tremendously alongside other minor mechanical changes. Being a fan of Tech Romancer, Virtual On and some of the old Gundam PSX titles; Custom Robo is not too far away from those games in terms of depth. Like I said, if the stages were a little more spacious it would open up combat.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What if they had a Custom Robo game where you could custom a character and port him into Smash. I had an idea like this for Smash 3DS as for the custom character but I think this could work too. This is how it would work.

Each body has a basic fighting style (A moves). So every Shining Fighter would fight like other Shining Fighters.

Specials wil be customizable basedd on the parts used. In the Custom Robo game there will be "Smash approved" parts that can be ported. The specials would work like this.

B: Gun

Foreward B: Pods

Down B: Bombs

Up B: Boots.

Or some variation like this.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm working on a big stage concept. I think everyone is going to love this.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Custom Robo would work as a custom character, although that would be sweet. We are much more likely to get Ray as a playable character and his chances are questionable.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lol.. who said he would ever be customizable??

He totally needs to be his own character with his own persona and moveset, not doing so would be insane and it would be the same, that would be a slap in a face to Ray fans such as me.

D

Deleted member

Lol.. who said he would ever be customizable??

He totally needs to be his own character with his own persona and moveset, not doing so would be insane and it would be the same, that would be a slap in a face to Ray fans such as me.

I believed Master Rapier.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Long moveset post ahead for the character I want the most in so I'd skip it if you don't want to look at it give me some feedback.

Zoroark- The Master of Illusions joins the fray!

Zoroark is a very fast, very strong fighter with some amazing tools for offensive pressure. but she isn't going to last long once someone gets in a hit and a few of her tools are easily punishable. Despite this she is a very formidable fighter and her offensive capabilities surpass Mewtwo and Lucario.

Gimmick
Illusion - Zoroark's ability in game Zoroark changes into her opponent and takes their form becoming a complete replica once the battle starts. She gains their movesets and everything despite being a complete replica one thing stands out whenever she performs a move of the opponent she copied the attack is cloaked in a purple aura for example Luigi's Super Jump punch would be cloaked in a purple aura similar to one of Ganondorf's moves. However like the in game ability once she takes a few hits she will revert to her original form and her original moveset.

A- Slash with Claw
AA- Slashes with the other claw.
AAA- Spins around, and whips the opponent with her mane.

Dash A - Runs foward on four legs like a wolf, and pounces at the opponent.
A Foward - Places one arm on the ground, and bites at the opponent.
A Up - Swipes her arm above her at a 180 degree angle.
D Down - Performs a low kick while crouching.

Foward Smash - Her claws glow purple, and she claws the opponent with both claws.
Down Smash - She stomps the ground, causing a shockwave of purple energy.
Up Smash - Charges a small pinkish purple orb in the air and explodes it sending the opponent up in the air.

Aerials
N Air - Spins her body in the air, tackling the opponent.
F Air - Night Slashes, slashes the opponent with shadow imbued claws.
U Air - Zoroark flips upward, hitting the opponent with her mane.
D Air - Shadow imbued kick, hits the opponent at a slight angle.
B Air - Whirls around with her claws outstretched.

Grabs
Pummel - Grabs opponent with both claws, and bites them very fast pummel.
Foward Throw - Sets foe in front of her and fires a dark pulse.
Down Throw - Slams opponent on the ground pinning them down and fires a Dark Pulse.
Up Throw - Throws foe into the air harshly.
Back Throw - Sets foe behind her and slashes them.

Special Move

Standard Special Move - Snarl
Zoroark gets on all fours, and charges a ball in front of her mouth she then roars and fires it off a shock wave from her mouth at the opponent.

Down Special - Subsitute
Zoroark grins and changes into a Clefairy Doll. She is immune to all projectiles whilst in this doll state and whenever she is physically attacked a purple puff of smoke appears, and Zoroark emerges from it and claws the opponent.

Side Special Move - Fury Swipes
Slashes viciously with her claws three times, the fourth slash is the widest and has high knockback.

Up Special Move - Pursuit( My favorite idea)
Zoroarks eyes glow purple and then rises into the air with it's claw, leaving a trail of darkness behind. If he makes contact with anything, he turns around and slashes at their neck. If done against an opponent who is jumping or running away, it becomes unblockable and does increased knockback and damage.
A decent priority move that makes for a decent anti-air attack, and if you can catch someone trying to get away from you this will make them pay big time. As a recovery move it's fairly good; it travels a lot of vertical distance and Zoroark's air speed makes up for the lousy horizontal.

Final Smash
Night Burst - Zoroark grows viciously and her eyes glow red, and her arms are then surrounded in a pink aura and she slams them on the ground causing a large pink shockwave damaging anyone caught in it or hit by it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWrWpqX6ekw(skip to 0:19 to get an idea of how it would look its pretty intense)

Taunts
Up Taunt - Grows violently with her claws outstretched.
Down Taunt - Turns into a PokeDoll and changes back playfully.
Side Taunt - Gets on all fours and stretches like a dog while growling quietly.

Stage
N's Castle

Theme Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6_KXQHZ_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s6IkFafrK4

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what would be awesome for Zozoark?

If he didn't have a space on the select board.

Instead, pressing R on ANY character selects Zozoark, but it says the other characters name and shows them as the selected character

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, here is my next stage concept. This one is going to be one of the zanier ones I do but hopefully it is worth it? This is a stage I forgot about until just today, I cannot believe I've overlooked it considering this was one of my original concepts. Either way, here is my koncept.

It is the Flying Krock, King K. Rool's airship itself! Which obviously tells you whom this stage belongs to.This is another one of my "tour" stages, meaning the background is going to change quite a bit. Not the stage itself. Your fight will always stay atop the Flying Krock, to the very right is a large window that allows you to see inside, but no battling actually occurs inside the ship itself. I guess King K. Rool does not want to ruin his interior? The stage's design is modeled after the Flying Krock II from Donkey Kong Country 2. So it will have more of an airship/Osprey design. The stage will be large, a little under the size of the Gray Fox.

The background of the stage focuses primarily on the massive land known as "Crocodile Isle". The air ship will buzz around this island, entering into various atmospheres and archetypes taken from Donkey Kong Country 2, bringing with them their own unique twist. You will have 6 atmospheres to the stage;

Swamp, Dark Forest, Bramble, Mine, Volcano, Honeycomb, and Amusement Park.

You will begin the match with the ship in the clouds. They will begin to clear as you notice yourself coming closer to the sea, with a menacing island in the backdrop. In this ocean the Kremling Krew occupy the many vessels in the water, you will see many of those familiar reptilian faces as you zip past the ocean towards this dark land. Once you hit land you will begin in a swamp.

It isn't a large section, as it is not meant to be. It is just the opening to the ensuing cycle. Rats, beetles, and other species of Kremling can be seen walking the piers of the swamp. Soaking in the filthiness in which they live... Don't say that too loud as I hear Klubba is never too far away... Whom you will eventually pass as you make your way forward.

Your first stop takes you through a dark forest, where menacing ghosts fill the dark, foreboding scene, A gust picks up, blowing leaves as well as the characters back.

Next you will hit a large patch of trees that will cover the screen, transitioning you into the next atmosphere. This time it will be Bramble.

The Flying Krock will make it's way through a maze of bramble. Since walls of bramble can appear above or on opposite ends of the stage whenever that wall is up knocking your opponent into it will deal damage. It won't be penetrable. Barrel Cannons will abound in this stage, which will add to part of the problem to this stage. They will operate much like they did in Melee, except get caught in the wrong one and you could sen yourself into a wall of thorns. So as the barrels scroll along with the stage, be careful how high you jump... Squawks can be seen racing against Sprint the parrot, making his cameo.

After a short period of time the bramble will begin to thin, indicating the end of the maze. Once out the screen will begin to adjust.

Now we found ourselves inside of a mine.

This one is pretty straight forward, there is no hazard to this one. The only gimmick is that this stage will have scrolling horizontal platforms that will allow each character to climb higher in the mine. Well above the ship. Outside of that it is our standard Kremling Krew fare. Although some of the orangutangs from the original DKC can be seen.

Now, the indoor sections (Mine, Volcano, Honeycomb) will always follow one another, so depending upon which follows determines the type of transition we will see. For this example we will use Volcano. Towards the end of the stage the background begins to swirl from heat.

You arrive inside the active core of Crocodile Isle itself. Steam will push hot air balloons above the ship, it is important to be on one as the ship will dip into the lava for a few seconds. Once out the balloons will float away. Even though simple science would say the metal would still be hot from the magma, but who cares? It's a video game! The famous platform croc heads will appear from the lava to look at the player, Klap Traps will be seen frittering on little isles above the pool of magma.

We reach the end of this phase as magma begins to fade and land begins to take over. Now honeycombs begin to take over the backdrop...

You have now enetered the home of King Zing himself! Believe me, you will see him. But don't fear, it is just a cameo... You will face a much stickier maze this time around. Instead of the walls damaging you you can get stuck on them, which is equally bad because if you are stuck on a wall as the stage is scrolling... Yeah. You will see both Zingers and those BuzzBee's from DKC3 in this stage, fighting in a hive war of sorts. Those small Kremlings with the giant cleavers can be seen getting stuck in the honey in the back as well.

You approach the end of the interior section. The cave becomes dark, a light begins to shine above and up you go! Once you arrive outside you are in the middle of an amusement park, Krazy Kremland!

Now your ship begins scrolling right once more, picking up a bit of speed. Along the bottom of the stage is a roller coaster with an empty cart. The cart will act as a temporary mini platform for players. It will speed up and brake along the track, hopping over holes and other things. Since it is a roller coaster the rail will be ascending and descending, sometimes allowing the cart to move closer to the top of the Flying Krock.

Eventually the ride will end and the cart will make one last quick ascension (allowing a character to hop onto the ship) before descending into the depths. With that your ship will depart for the skies. You will fly around Crocodile Isle, making way to the very pinacle so as to see K. Rool's Keep. Then the island will begin fade from view as you return to the sky and repeat the cycle once again.

Note: The background scrolls to the left as the stage scrolls to the right. The only time it changes is when entering the first atmosphere and when leaving the interior section.

There is a little bit of variety in the way the stages archetypes can appear:

Swamp > Dark Forest > Bramble > Volcano=Honeycomb=Mine > Amusement Park

The interior can proceed in either of six ways, though the last one will always have the skyward "out of interior" transition effect.

Stage Example:

Stage Name: The Flying Kroc

Stage Icon: Donkey Kong symbol

-Tracks-
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Crocodile Cacophony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Disco Train
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Toxic Tower
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Mining Melancholy
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Forest Interlude
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Hot Head Bop
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Nuts N' Bolts
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Rockface Rumble
Donkey Kong 64 - Mad Jack (Factory Boss)
Donkey Kong Country - King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2 (Brawl)
Donkey Kong (GB) - Showdown at the Tower

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Donkey Kong Country 2 remake on the 3DS. Now THAT would be something

Edit: Very little to do with what you posted, but you can't say that wouldn't be awesome

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Told yea you needed another DK stage. lol

Great work as always. ;)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@Star

Nice stage idea haha, you never cease to amaze me with Character movesets or stages

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Donkey Kong Country 2 remake on the 3DS. Now THAT would be something

Edit: Very little to do with what you posted, but you can't say that wouldn't be awesome
That alone would make me purchase a 3DS.

@Star

Told yea you needed another DK stage. lol

Great work as always. ;)
Oh hush you. :p

Quick side not about my recent stage concept, The Flying Kroc. I took a couple of songs from my Sunset Shore concept to move here so at to keep it themed. With that my Sunset Shore tracklist has changed. This is how it looks now: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12897894&postcount=8

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Sunset Shore
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Forest Frenzy
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Rickety Rails
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Factory Friction
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Aquatic Ambience
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Life in the Mines
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Golden Temple
Donkey Kong Country - Jungle Japes (Brawl)
Donkey Kong Country - The Map Page / Bonus Level (Brawl)
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast) (Brawl)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Battle For Storm Hill (Brawl)
Diddy Kong Racing - Hot Top Volcano

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's nice, I like it, NOT love it. :p

Oh stop it, you know you do. You are just trying to be difficult. lol

Anyways, one thing I remembered doing this stage is in Melee there the Blast Barrels were an item in that game. Completely forgot about those.

OmegaXXII

Well, if I have to give you my opinion on the stages it would be...

Tin Tower
Custom Robo Arena
Dr. Wily's Lab
Warioware stage

those are my top 4.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

OmegaXXII

Lol, I assumed it was Dr. Wily's Lab because of the robots, but you got what I'm saying.

Oh yeah, Endless Tower was another great stage I enjoyed, so what happened to that stage doodle you were doing that had both floors divided?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know what would be awesome for Zozoark?

If he didn't have a space on the select board.

Instead, pressing R on ANY character selects Zozoark, but it says the other characters name and shows them as the selected character
That idea seems redundant if you asked me. Zoroark may have illusion abilities, but that shouldn't be involved with the character select screen.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lol, I assumed it was Dr. Wily's Lab because of the robots, but you got what I'm saying.

Oh yeah, Endless Tower was another great stage I enjoyed, so what happened to that stage doodle you were doing that had both floors divided?
College... >__>

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That idea seems redundant if you asked me. Zoroark may have illusion abilities, but that shouldn't be involved with the character select screen.
Zozoark doesn't copy the abilities or moves of a pokemon with Illusion. He keeps his same stats and moves and just appears as the other pokemon in order to confuse the strategy used by the opponent.

If you see the opponent selecting Zozoark in smash, you aren't confused when you see him appear as a different person in battle

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
For those who need things to be explained:

The 4 represents SSB4, and the order of symbols means "Megaman for Smash Bros. (4)"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those who need things to be explained:

The 4 represents SSB4, and the order of symbols means "Megaman for Smash Bros. (4)"
...Did people really need that explained for them...?

Thanks for the icon Hex, you are the the graphical king man. I'm saving it so if Megaman is revealed I can look back and see how close you were.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zozoark doesn't copy the abilities or moves of a pokemon with Illusion. He keeps his same stats and moves and just appears as the other pokemon in order to confuse the strategy used by the opponent.

If you see the opponent selecting Zozoark in smash, you aren't confused when you see him appear as a different person in battle
Still that's completely unfair in a competitive environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom