• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm not too interested in Pokemon Grey or FE 13. I think they should work on some other games.

New Custom Robo game

Starfox game using the Wii motion plus (like in Wii Sports Resort)

New Earthbound (or at least make Mother 3 playable in America)

Maybe a revived Star Tropics

Those games would be a dream come true.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So... what was all that hubbub about Sakurai apparently studying Street Fighter from like 20 pages ago?

:phone:
Good question, Sakurai confirmed on his Twitter that he was studying some hitbox data frames from Ken's model, it seems he shows interest in improving this game drastically; therefore using it as inspiration, or..it maybe hints that he has something to do with Capcom.

OmegaXXII

Well..I'm not really looking at it as a character of sorts since it was just a magazine, maybe just new mechanics or something be might introduce in Smash in which he is gathering some inspiration from.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Good question, Sakurai confirmed on his Twitter that he was studying some hitbox data frames from Ken's model, it seems he shows interest in improving this game drastically; therefore using it as inspiration, or..it maybe hints that he has something to do with Capcom.

Hmmm, interesting, to say the least. He did say he wanted to innovate the series and move away from the Melee/Brawl engine, and since Smash 4's development starts soon, he probably wants to be set on what direction he wants to take with the series right when he starts his work on the games.

OmegaXXII

Hmmm, interesting, to say the least. He did say he wanted to innovate the series and move away from the Melee/Brawl engine, and since Smash 4's development starts soon, he probably wants to be set on what direction he wants to take with the series right when he starts his work on the games.
I imagine so, he may be gathering some inspiration just before development starts as well as some character designs ghat he may want to implement in Smash, it's uncertain what he will do, but I'm hoping it will relate to improving it's overall system.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm with you, Mr. Phoenix. I hope it's a 2D Metroid. Even a Super Metroid 3D remake... It is Metroid's 25th anniversary too after all! EFF YOU, LEGEND OF ZELDA. ALWAYS GETTING THE ATTENTION. Although, it's been a year since Other M was finished... I'm not sure if that's enough time for Sakamoto to cook something new up.

Hopefully the next game has to do with an army of Galactic Federation Ridley clones hunting down Samus.

Speaking of Other M... Didn't it do well in Japan? A game where Ridley was prominent doing well in Japan... Surely that will translate to Ridley support for Sm4sh. >8OOO

OmegaXXII

Screw Metroid, it should be either a new Fire Emblem, F-Zero or at least Pokemon, I love those 3, especially F-Zero since it needs a new game like BAD!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Japan, does anyone here know off hand any well-known or respected Japanese fansites for SSB4?

@Omega: I'd like to see a new F-Zero since I've yet to play one (is ashamed...), but I doubt Nintendo would consider that a "huge announcement", seeing as how they've neglected it for so long.

OmegaXXII

Speaking of Japan, does anyone here know off hand any well-known or respected Japanese fansites for SSB4?

@Omega: I'd like to see a new F-Zero since I've yet to play one (is ashamed...), but I doubt Nintendo would consider that a "huge announcement", seeing as how they've neglected it for so long.
Well, it may not be so big for Nintendo but it is very well big for us fans, let's just hope it's a good game.

OmegaXXII

Haha, I just reread that article, it mentioned it would be a "huge announcement" what game could it be besides Mario and Pokemon?? This I will wait and see...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
It's ether a pokemon game (R/S/E remake or Gray version), or any big nintendo franchise that hasn't been scene for a while(F-zero anyone?), a new franchise, Or the titles for the new smash bros games, or games for the WU itself.

Still wondering if the new smash bros will be called super smash bros rumble(makes logical sense to me due to the way they use fighting terms as apart of the title.)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's ether a pokemon game (R/S/E remake or Gray version), or any big nintendo franchise that hasn't been scene for a while(F-zero anyone?), a new franchise, Or the titles for the new smash bros games, or games for the WU itself.

Still wondering if the new smash bros will be called super smash bros rumble(makes logical sense to me due to the way they use fighting terms as apart of the title.)
It's not Smash 4, they've announced that already; why would they announce it again, especially since Sora doesn't even start development on it until October? The game that they're announcing is a 3DS game, so a Wii U game is pretty much out of a question.

OmegaXXII

It's definetly not Smash 4, that I can assure you, most likely it will be a main franchise title, hopefully it's a new F-Zero, man this waiting will kill me. :urg:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
It's definetly not Smash 4, that I can assure you, most likely it will be a main franchise title, hopefully it's a new F-Zero, man this waiting will kill me. :urg:

F-Zero 3DS would be awesome, anyway we definitely need the Mario Galaxy comet observatory in this game... I'm surprised it wasn't In Brawl, Bowsers Castle should get in too.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
F-Zero GX is probably my favorite racing game ever other than Mario Kart: Double Dash. I'd love for a new F-Zero game to be announced!

If the game they're announcing is a new IP, then the main character of that game is gonna be in Smash 4...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is this announcement even confirmed to be a game? Lol.

After actually reading an article, it'll probably be more hardware related, or perhaps a service?

Whatever it is, hopefully we can relate it somehow to Sm4sh for the sake of discussion.

Kantrip

Kantplay
A recent game release from the a franchise doesn't mean the announcement can't be from the same franchise.

Pokemon Black and white recently got released. Heck, the 3DS itself recently got released! But yeah, it won't be Donkey Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom