• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've always said Captain Syrup should use Wario's Wario Land abilities since they didn't use them for him in Brawl. I don't actually know how feasible that is though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Scary thing; you remember in "Majora's Mask" what the Bombers' footsteps sounded like? I keep hearing Ashley running like that. For some reason, it fits.
I think so? It has been some time since I last played Majora's Mask. Luckily I have the Collectors Edition for the Gamecube, so eventually I will play through it again.

Since I was asked too I will come up with an Ashley moveset real quick.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Speaking of Ashley, I hope her theme does not return for Sm4sh. At least not the English version. Goodness.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Does Captain Syrup even fight directly though? I heard she always uses some sort of machine or something to deal with Wario, that could work as a part of her moveset though.
It's true that Captain Syrup never fights directly. She always has some trick up her sleeve, whether it's a genie's lamp, Bobo the giant guardian bird of Syrup's ship the S.S. Teacup, or her talents in mechanics and robotics, she never touches Wario.

As for her moveset, KumaOso suggested the idea of her attacking like this.

She would inside the cockpit of her Giant Spearman - basically a giant robotic version of one of her normal henchmen.

(In the bottom-left corner. This a blue variety of the Giant Spearman; Syrup would control a normally colored Spearman like the one seen immediatelly in this video)​

She can attack with various weapons from within her cockpit. Her Final Smash could be rubbing the Genie's Lamp, transforming her robot in a puff of smoke into the Genie from the original Wario Land, Denpu.

EDIT: @Omega - I'm moving towards that direction. Orbulon will be the second playable Wario rep, but Captain Syrup would be an Assist Trophy and one of many cameo appearance characters in Adventure Mode. Doesn't mean I can't continue supporting her though. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@JavaCroc: Y'know what? You should expand and a moveset idea based on her, unless Star is creating one.

I like the idea of Ashley using a mech, it sort of reminds me of young Porky lol, well looking at her that way would indeed provide some unique moveset possibilities, if it were me developing the game, I'd give her a good role in Adventure Mode, meh.. All of a sudden I want to create my own SSE storyline.

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, here is what I have so far.

A - swipes wand horizontally
AA - swipes wand back diagonally
AAA (continuous) - As long as user holds or presses "A" the wand will glow and pulse dark energy to attack. She holds the wand forward with both hands

A Forward - A more powerful horizontal swipe with her wand
A Down - Uses a broomstick to swipe the ground
A Up - Holds a candle above her, burning opponent above

Forward Smash - Uses broom to sweep ferociously in front of her
Down Smash - Snaps finger and a large burst of fire explodes in front of and behind her
Up Smash - Lifts her wand into the air and creates a large, dark crescent.

Aerial - Kicks leg forward
Aerial Up - Throws wand up into the air, the wand will return to her ala Thor/Mjolnir.
Aerial Down - Swings body forward and slams her wand downward, spinning her body.
Aerial Back - Uses the handle of her broomstick to poke behind her
Aerial Forward - Swipes broomstick in the air vertically

Grab - Grabs opponent with her hands
A - Hits them bluntly with wand
Forward Throw - Snaps finger and they are thrown forward by some unknown power
Back Throw - Puts her leg out, tripping them. Finishing them off with a large shove
Up Throw - Snaps finger and the opponent disappears, suddenly a puff of smoke is above her, launching the opponent skyward
Down Throw - Puts opponent on ground and under her broom, then runs them along the ground

Up B - Broomstick: She hops on her broomstick and can fly around for a limited amount of time. After which it will depower and disappear in a puff of smoke.

Forward B - Book Toss: Throws one of her many spell books forward at the opponent. Probably are not the more important ones.

Down B - Hex: She will open up one a book and perform a random hex. [Will list some other time]

B - Lack O' Lantern: Throws a pumpkin forward that creates a little wave of fire across the ground.

Final Smash - Hocus Pocus: [To be worked on]

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Alright guys, here is what I have so far.

Up B - Broomstick: She hops on her broomstick and can fly around for a limited amount of time. After which it will depower and disappear in a poof of smoke.

Forward B - Book Toss: Throws one of her many spell books forward at the opponent. Probably are not the more important ones.

Down B - Hex: She will open up one of her books and perform random hexs. [Will list some other time]

B - Lack O' Lantern: Throws a pumpkin forward that creates a little wave of fire across the ground.

Final Smash - Hocus Pocus: [Will work on later]
Looking good so far, Star.

Instead of casting a random hex, how about her normal B is casting the hex while her Down B is cycling through her books for a hex?

The Book Toss move is sort of odd, since I don't see why she'd throw a book she could cast a hex based on - even if it weren't one of the important ones.

Maybe you could add her cauldron as part of her moveset somehow? She could stir up some concoction and leave the cauldron there to boil. It acts like a trap; any player who falls into it is knocked back out with a unique status effect on him/her. Players can also tip it over, however, spilling the contents onto the floor to make the ground slippery, or onto a nearby opponent even for a similar effect to falling into it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looking good so far, Star.

Instead of casting a random hex, how about her normal B is casting the hex while her Down B is cycling through her books for a hex?

The Book Toss move is sort of odd, since I don't see why she'd throw a book she could cast a hex based on - even if it weren't one of the important ones.

Maybe you could add her cauldron as part of her moveset somehow? She could stir up some concoction and leave the cauldron there to boil. It acts like a trap; any player who falls into it is knocked back out with a unique status effect on him/her. Players can also tip it over, however, spilling the contents onto the floor to make the ground slippery, or onto a nearby opponent even for a similar effect to falling into it.
Because I'm also taking into consideration which would be easier for Kirby to copy. Usually B specials are delegated for your simple, repeatable special attacs. The book toss move was actually more of a humorous idea to keep the silly Warioware motif. Remember, it is Smash Bros, it does not have to make sense. Let alone when it comes to Warioware, which is about as silly of a series as they come.

I'm not into adding anymore unnecessary variables than needed. Most characters (and stages for that matter) have a level of simplicity with the occasional twist thrown in.

OmegaXXII

Maybe it's because he's the most commonly used character in Mario spin-offs. However, that fact means nothing if Waluigi never had any mainstream appearances.
True, I agree with this, his role means nothing if he isn't as prominent as Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.

@Star: Nice Moveset ya got there. :)

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I like it, too. Those moves I can see her pulling off.

I agree with JavaCroc; Down+B should cycle through the various hexes. Pressing the B button activates the selected hex.

And for her neutral aerial attack, I actually envision her doing a spin attack similar to Olimar's.

Here's what I see for taunts:
Up Taunt: She stretches and yawns; the sound of her yawn in a tone like saying, "I'm uninterested."
Side Taunt: She twirls her wand in front of her, giving off a soft chuckle.
Down Taunt: She crosses her arms and looks away in disgust, saying "Hmph. Weaklings."

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like it, too. Those moves I can see her pulling off.

I agree with JavaCroc; Down+B should cycle through the various hexes. Pressing the B button activates the selected hex.

And for her neutral aerial attack, I actually envision her doing a spin attack similar to Olimar's.

Here's what I see for taunts:
Up Taunt: She stretches and yawns; the sound of her yawn in a tone like saying, "I'm uninterested."
Side Taunt: She twirls her wand in front of her, giving off a soft chuckle.
Down Taunt: She crosses her arms and looks away in disgust, saying "Hmph. Weaklings."
But then how would Kirby be able too attack? Good taunt suggestions.

Color 1 - Red gown
Color 2 - Blue gown w/ tinted brunette hair
Color 3 - Green gown
Color 4 - Black gown w/ peppered hair
Color 5 - Yellow gown
Color 6 - Pink gown w/ blonde hair

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
But then how would Kirby be able too attack? Good taunt suggestions.
Kirby could just cast a random hex. Remember in Brawl, when Kirby copied Olimar, his move was altered so that he couldn't use six Pikmin at once; he plucked out one, then threw it, regardless.

Glad you like the taunts; they've been in my head for years, plus they suit Ashley perfectly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Kirby could just cast a random hex. Remember in Brawl, when Kirby copied Olimar, his move was altered so that he couldn't use six Pikmin at once; he plucked out one, then threw it, regardless.

Glad you like the taunts; they've been in my head for years, plus they suit Ashley perfectly.
I'm just really against random variables like that. It really breaks from the precedent established, which are simple and repeatable sttacks. Typically what neutral specials are reserved for.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think we need to show Sakurai the support to bring Sonic back.

Cause, I know I screamed like a school girl when I went to the DOJO and Sonic the Hedgehog was the update

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sonic's gey. >_>
-_-

Man, i hear so much about a BR for SSB4, now i really want to see what it's discussions are, especially when this thread goes cold....

As for the Goroh moveset, But I was gonna do a guy with a katana! D: *cries* Well, my Chrono moveset's gonna be that much harder to pull off.

And as for whats going on, well, why not have one of her spell books do a small elemental effect? One can have fire, one ice, one earth, water, lightning, etc etc.

OmegaXXII

Well, let's see the Chrono moveset anyway, it won't hurt to try. :)

Also, what's the progress on that Slime+Chocobo moveset?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Speaking of Kirby Hats, I remember a popular topic on Megaman on his copy ability:
I thought instead of a Kirby knock off, he would utilize the element of the attack, which was utilized in Brawl through Stickers in Subspace.

I was doing a moveset for Brawl, but I don't know where that is now so I'll post special attacks later

OmegaXXII

@y.toonlink: What are you referring to? A Megaman moveset?

As for Megaman's copy ability, I feel he shouldn't have that ability in Smash at all, instead, why not give him a weapon switcher, y'know he would swap weapons everytime you press the B button, somebody actually suggested this based on Megaman X.

Kirby should probably be the only one with a copy ability IMO.

@ChronoBound: Have you heard about the so called FE Rumor, it's a new FE based on FE6 is rumored to come out for the 3DS in Japan.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yea a Megaman moveset. In the Megaman for Brawl thread a few years ago I was gonna post a moveset but never did (tried to make visuals with sprites then got lazy :p)
Mine was based off MvC 2. I dont think Kirby should be the only one with a copy ability, and the one I suggested was more limited due to only copying elemental abilities, like Pika would be Thunder Beam and so would Fox/Falco/Wolf. Mario and Ike would have a Fire attack.

In Brawl it seemed like some abilities were to be implemented in more characters (multiple jumps, transform etc.) so why not one more "copy character"? That is if Sakurai would want his own character to be the only one to copy. Otherwise the weapon swap sounds cool :)

OmegaXXII

Well, the only reason why I wouldn't like the copy ability is simply because he's a 3rd party character who deserves to be unique as possible, he's a very special guest so he needs to be interesting without doing some kind of knockoff move like another character, Kirby is already suited to do that, I don't feel it's necessary to have a 3rd party guest doing something similar as well.

If you want to do that moveset, then by all means you are free to do so.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Oh yea, I didn't think of that. I only thought he would have a copy ability because that was a significant thing in his games. But then I guess his moveset would be even more similar to MvC 2 with the weapon swaps. It's not a bad idea, it actually makes more sense since that's what you would do in the games, but I would think it would be his Down B since standard would be the Megabuster.

After looking at that statement, now Rock looks like a Samus knock off haha

OmegaXXII

Nah, I doubt he would ever be a Samus clone, it wouldn't ever happen haha.

I'm sure Megaman has enough moveset moves that he could use without having to be a clone or having to use a copy ability, how would you suggest the copy ability would work, I've always been curious to know since I've never played any of his games lol..

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
You never played any of the games? Then again I'm the one who mistook Bass for a Pokemon lol
Not a Samus clone at all, I just meant that since the copy ability would be a Kirby knock off, the Megabuster charge would be a Samus one :p
But like I said earlier, the copy ability would be limited to the elemental attribute of a special, but it makes more sense to weapon swap, assuming he has preset weapons.
In his games, you would swap weapons by pausing and choosing a weapon you earned from defeating a boss robot.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, i'm waiting for star to put in the touching finishes(kirby hat, Codec Conversation) then i think we'll put it up(although i will send it to a few to preview and critique.)

OmegaXXII

Which moveset are you referring to lol?? Chrono's or Slime+Chocobo?

@y.toonlink: yea, the weapon swap would be way better, of course he would have it already, sort of like Peach's swap move for example.

OmegaXXII

OmegaXXII

Yup, Yup. good stuff there. :)

Anyway Poke, what do you think of this idea as far as a Pokemon Ranger goes?

Pokemon Ranger
The Pokemon Ranger joins the fray with his trusty Capture Styler! Unlike Pokemon Trainer he is incredibly acrobatic and he is able to do his fighting directly.

Stats
Attack: 2/5
Speed: 3/5
Attack Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5
Jump speed: 4/5
Reach: 3/5
Gravity: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Traction: 3/5
Height: 3/5
Moveset
A: Punch
AA: Punch with the other hand
AAA: Swipe with the Capture Styler

Dash A: Pokemon Trainer dash’s at the opponent does a cartwheel and elbows the opponent.
Side A: Pokemon Ranger swipes in front of himself with his Capture Styler.
Up A: Pokemon Ranger does a roundhouse kick above himself
Down A: Pokemon Ranger sweeps his feet on the ground.

A Air: Pokemon Ranger spins around in the air with his Capture Styler smacking the opponent.
Down Air: Pokemon Ranger does a front flip and kicks down on the opponent.
Back Air: Pokemon Ranger does a back flip and kicks behind himself.
Forward Air: Pokemon Ranger launches forward with both feet and kicks with both feet.

Smash Attacks
Up Smash: Pokemon Ranger performs a handstand showing off his athletic abilities and kicks above himself with both feet.
Down Smash: Pokemon Ranger attacks the opponent with a split kick.
Forward Smash: Pokemon Ranger aggressively smashes the opponent with the Capture Styler.
Special Moves

Standard Special Move: Capture Disc, Pokemon Ranger takes out his capture stylist and launches the top at the opponent when it spins around them they take damage it can also be used to slam into the opponent it is able to be charged up but it much recharge after use.
[IMG139] http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/b/b1/Capture_Disc.png/150px-Capture_Disc.png [/IMG139]
Up Special Move: Field Move Fly, Pokemon Ranger summons a Staraptor and he flies upward if Pokemon Ranger is attacked while on Staraptor he will fall of and Staraptor will send a powerful gust of wind before disappearing pushing the opponent back. The Capture Stylist must be recharged

Side Special Move: Field Move Tackle, Pokemon Ranger summons a Heracross and it tackles into the opponent. It has very high knockback the Capture Stylist must be recharged after using it though.

Down Special Move: Field Move Cut, Pokemon Ranger summons a Staryu and it uses Flash on the opponent temporarily making them dizzy for a little bit leaving them vulnerable for attack. The Stylist must recharge after using this move.

Grabs
Pummel: Knees the opponent
Forward Throw: Throws opponent in front of himself.
Down: Slams the opponent on the ground.
Back Throw: Brings opponent behind him and trips them causing them to fall.

Final Smash still thinking about it I’ll have it shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom