• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Human?! is certainly a better idea than the other!! Pokemon Rangers great! Oh .. Did you know that they may represent a new series .... Although they are exclusive spin-off (argument-revenge) ... they may represent another series !!!!!! and would not impact with six slots pokemon plausible, as yoshi does not have impact with mario !!!!!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Pokemon Ranger is a spin-off game of pokemon, like WarioWare is a spin-off of Wario, Mario Sports of Mario, Pokemon Stadium is a spin-off, battle revolution also poke park, Hey You Pikachu, and other things... Actually pokemon has several games spin-off

i'm of for now!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, I never knew that, though I doubt that Ranger would ever get his own series considered since he probably isn't demanded much.

:phone:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
With so much hype about Smash Bros Wii U, I'm still a bit surprised that we still haven't received more info on the direction Sakurai will probably suggest for the series. I know it is not currently being developed, but I would have expected some more light being shed on it with Kid Icarus being on its final stage of work.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@JavaCroc: Y'know what? You should expand and a moveset idea based on her, unless Star is creating one.

I like the idea of Ashley using a mech, it sort of reminds me of young Porky lol, well looking at her that way would indeed provide some unique moveset possibilities, if it were me developing the game, I'd give her a good role in Adventure Mode, meh.. All of a sudden I want to create my own SSE storyline.

Oh, ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!

You mean Captain Syrup, right?

Thino

Smash Master
With so much hype about Smash Bros Wii U, I'm still a bit surprised that we still haven't received more info on the direction Sakurai will probably suggest for the series. I know it is not currently being developed, but I would have expected some more light being shed on it with Kid Icarus being on its final stage of work.
Sakurai is the type of not giving us any hints till next E3 , it helps build up the hype

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yay, the thread got reopened. :)

But, anyways, what's this talk of Fire Emblem 13 coming out? Isn't Intelligent Systems still working on the Paper Mario game for the 3DS?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow. I just saw a horrible roster on Youtube. To put it bluntly, about 15 third parties, No Ridley, Daisy, Kirby AND Yarn Kirby, Doctor Mario AND Mario, and worst of all, Spongebob. Yes, Spongebob. I facepalmed a bit.

Anyway, a new Fire Emblem, huh? If it's true, let's hope it brings something new to the table Smash-wise.

Also, does anyone know what the Japanese fans think the new Game and Watch/ROB character will be? Since Sukapon's kinda out of the question now, I guess it's between Takamaru, Lip, and Muddy Mole? Or the Sheriff. He'd be kinda cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@y.toonlink: What are you referring to? A Megaman moveset?

As for Megaman's copy ability, I feel he shouldn't have that ability in Smash at all, instead, why not give him a weapon switcher, y'know he would swap weapons everytime you press the B button, somebody actually suggested this based on Megaman X.

Kirby should probably be the only one with a copy ability IMO.

@ChronoBound: Have you heard about the so called FE Rumor, it's a new FE based on FE6 is rumored to come out for the 3DS in Japan.

Maybe it's just me, but Fire Emblem doesn't seem like "A really big game announcement"

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, it's only a rumor, most FE sites I've checked think it's fake, and even Chrono has said not to trust it.

Either way, if true, then awesome, I could use more FE, and I hope we get the lance user as a character, swords are getting a little boring. :p

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
lol, your mewtwo sig is holding a sword.

anyways, regarding the last page about megaman (X) and his copy ability, before you select MegaMan (X), you are prompted to select 3 different weapons using chips based on the characters in the game. this way, it matters not if the characters are robots or not as the copy ability has been used before the fight. Aand the chips, to re-clarify, are merely a justification. a reasoning.

as for what he copies... i don't know...

Copy characters' B ability, switch with taunt left and right:

Copy the three points of B direction and you have mega (X) Buster on B always:

Copy the general motif of a character and utilize the vast roster of special abilities in the MegaMan (or X) games, switch with taunt left and right:

if you had to choose between these, which would you choose?

Pokemon Grey maybe? It's been speculated about for a while now
Game Freak stated there will not be a Pokemon Grey (Gray)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pokemon Grey maybe? It's been speculated about for a while now
That is what I am thinking, Pokémon Grey, Clear, whatever they call it. Even then we have Super Pokémon Scramble in development. Or the other option in my mind it is the spiritual successor to the cancelled Metroid Dread that was discussed. I doubt it will be another Mario title as we have 3 in development at the moment (Super Mario Land 3D, Mario Kart 7 and Paper Mario). Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 3D have been released so it isn't either of those series. Kirby had Mass Attack just release in Japan and with Kirby: Return to Dreamland on the horizon I can't foresee it being another Kirby title.

It could be Fire Emblem, but I would think Intelligent Systems would be tied up with Paper Mario at the moment. Considering we haven't seen much from that game at all. F-Zero, Warioware, Legendary Starfy, Custom Robo would not really classify as "big titles"; but that is always suibject to personal opinion.

It's true, no pokemon Grey. However, I did find

"Nintendo are working on a Pokemon game for the Nintendo 3DS"

With the release of the 3DS I think they decided to ditch the 5th generation and move on the the 6th
That was reffering too Pokémon Super Rumble or whatever it is called.

Sorry, it is called "Super Pokémon Scramble".
http://www.3dsbuzz.com/super-pokemon-scramble-announced-for-3ds-in-japan/
http://youtu.be/jZyl09NMVsM

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's true, no pokemon Grey. However, I did find

"Nintendo are working on a Pokemon game for the Nintendo 3DS"

With the release of the 3DS I think they decided to ditch the 5th generation and move on the the 6th

Edit:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_dismisses_"No_third_version"_speculation

Masuda denied the interview that a 3rd game wouldn't be made was true.

With that in mind, I'm still going to say Pokemon Gray for "Big Game Announcement"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Somehow I feel this is going to be that 2D Metroid everyone has been wanting to see. Granted it won't really offer greater insight into the potential Smash Bros ramification, still, I will enjoy such a game (if it happens now).

BTW, Kirby's Return to Dreamland will be launching in North America October 24th.

Little under a month later, November 20th Skyward Sword will release as well. Now all I need to know is when Fortune Street is scheduled to be available and I'm set.

Why the heck is Kirby: RTD rated E+10? O_o?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FINALLY a new Kirby game!!!

...Waddle Dee for Smash 4?

(Epic Yarn technically had Kirby in it...)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
More than three Kirby reps seems like overkill if you asked me, especially since Waddle Dee is a generic enemy.

Why the heck is Kirby: RTD rated E+10? O_o?
*off-topic*

That is rather odd. Of course, de Blob was rated E, while its sequel was rated E10+. The cartoon violence may be too intense for the E rating, but not intense enough for a T rating.

Mario Strikers Charged got rated E10+, since it was more violent than most other Mario spin-offs.

*on-topic*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
More than three Kirby reps seems like overkill if you asked me, especially since Waddle Dee is a generic enemy.

*off-topic*

That is rather odd. Of course, de Blob was rated E, while its sequel was rated E10+. The cartoon violence may be too intense for the E rating, but not intense enough for a T rating.

Mario Strikers Charged got rated E10+, since it was more violent than most other Mario spin-offs.

*on-topic*
I was joking, he's a playable character in the new Kirby game

kingdededestroy

Smash Rookie
not suprised

ya its gonna be a bummer having to get used to a different ctlr but its not like no one saw it comming. It just sucks cuz im so used to using a gcc that it feels like im not using a controller its just a second nature to me. Well were just gonna haved to do wha we need to to get arround things we dont like HACK HACK HACK

D

Deleted member

If it's Pokemon Grey and Genesect gets greater involvement, Genesect's chances goes up dramatically.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Kyurem seems like the most likely mascot for a Gray version since it is a member of the Tao Trio. If Megaman and Slime don't get in as the third party who would be likely? Ryu or Bomberman

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If it's Pokemon Grey and Genesect gets greater involvement, Genesect's chances goes up dramatically.

Kyurem is to Reshiram and Zekrom as Rayquaza and Giratina were to Groudon/Kyogre and Dialga/Palkia, respectively. And, of course, both Rayquaza and Giratina were version mascots. So Pokemon Grey would almost certainly revolve around Kyurem.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Kyurem seems like the most likely mascot for a Gray version since it is a member of the Tao Trio. If Megaman and Slime don't get in as the third party who would be likely? Ryu or Bomberman

Ryu fo sho~!
When capcom does some kinda fighting game crossover with any company Ryu is always present. Hes the embodiment of fighting games themselves. Besides, I think smash needs a lil more realistic characters like snake ya know? His moveset would translate easy too.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Genesect might not get revealed until after Gray version, since it'll probably be the last event Pokemon revealed. N's Castle would make an awesome playable stage

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe it's finally Pikmin 3! Unlikely, but I'd love that. Though it is reaaaaallly unlikely since it's confirmed to be on the Wii U, so my vote goes to either Pokemon Gray / Ruby and Sapphire remakes, or that new oceanic game that Miyamoto talked about once.

Anyway, any thoughts on a possible moveset for Muddy Mole? Just wondering...

OmegaXXII

Nah, don't kid yourself, it's definetly that New Fire Emblem game I've been talking about, it has to be true, yea!! new Lord.

The rumor is finally coming true!!!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Gamefreak will be making a Pokemon Gray if you guys were wondering, the thing about them not making one was a rumor and was confirmed fake a long time ago. If they didn't make one they'd be stupid

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
People seem to be getting confused, this big title announcement is part of Nintendo's 3DS event. Therefore it is going to be a 3DS title, not for any other console.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Perhaps, like I said, the new aquatic series that Miyamoto once talked about? Possible new character for Smash 4.

OmegaXXII

@Starphoenix: Of course it is, that's why I mentioned FE because it was rumored to be on the 3DS silly.

So..what's all this talk about a so called "Pokemon Grey"??

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of course it is, that's why I mentioned FE because it was rumored to be on the 3DS silly.

So..what's all this talk about a so called "Pokemon Grey"??

Well, throughout Pokemon's history they remake the new generation's game once during that particular generation, such as Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Most of those recently are the third member of the Legendary trios. In this case, since Pokemon Black and White are named after Reshiram and Zekrom, the next one will likely be named after Kyurem, unless they throw a whole monkeywrench in the equation. In that case, it would be Pokemon Gray, for Kyurem.

OmegaXXII

Ah, I see what your saying, so essentially Pokemon Gray is supposed gi be part of the trio I assuming, well Pokemon is mostly on the 3DS and is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises so maybe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom