• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You press and hold 1 then press 2. The other is the same way, but you press and hold 2 then press 1.

What exactly are you asking?
The initial press of 1 in order to be able to hold it would yield the "1" taunt. =P

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Which is why I always used "villain" in quotation marks. Typically extreme violence is often associated with evil in many cultures. As far as event 51 is concerned there is no denying Melee treated him as though he was a darker character, an antagonist of sorts. Do you honestly mean to tell me Rayquaza is more appropriate as a boss/enemy than Mewtwo?
Rayquaza is quite territorial, since in the Deoxys movie, it thought that Deoxys was a threat and tried to annihilate it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Online? What about offline? And do you thing the "sold seperatly" thing is going to happen?

:phone:
No idea. But games in general don't generally support more than 4 players. Games designed around the U pad allow 5, but still. I don't see the game supporting more than 5 players max, if even that, for local play.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I'm not expecting to, just wondering if you guys had any idea for this, if it was online exclusive then that would do it for me.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yes, but how does the 1+2 work, hm? It'd be the same way as 2+1.

Did you even... nevermind.
1+2 is a simultaneous input of 1 and 2. therefore, 2+1 is the exact same thing as 1+2.

And in the discussion of >4 players, I'm assuming that only 1 Upad is compatible.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Deoxys was good, but Mewtwo is 1000x better!!!

Mewtwo is better, but I think you underestimate Deoxys. Have you seen them fight in the manga, he stabs M2 twice in the chest with his tentacles. :cool:

Anyway, I'd rather see Giratina as a SSE villian to replace Rayquaza. Throw in a stage based on the Distortion World and we're all set.

OmegaXXII

Giratina would look so awesome, it definetly has potential to be a powerful boss Pokemon.

As for Deoxys, yea it's good, I just happen to be a HUGE Mewtwo fanboy is all. :3

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Oh I see, I guess 2 Wii-U pad and the rest consisting of Wii-motes would be possible?

I don't wanna assume 2 U pads will be supported though. And the ability to connect 2 U pads with 4 Remotes simultaneously still doesn't ensure the possibility of being able to use all 6 at once.

The Wii technically has 8 controller "slots" if you count the gamecube controllers, but obviously you couldn't utilize all the Remotes and the GCN controllers all at once.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Boring SSB4 discussion thread.-_-
I don't even feel like this **** today.......
Btw Omega,how old are you?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't wanna assume 2 U pads will be supported though. And the ability to connect 2 U pads with 4 Remotes simultaneously still doesn't ensure the possibility of being able to use all 6 at once.

The Wii technically has 8 controller "slots" if you count the gamecube controllers, but obviously you couldn't utilize all the Remotes and the GCN controllers all at once.
You could, but the games were not coded to be used that way. Brawl could, in a sense, be 8 players but was not coded to be.

The same way is with the Wii U. It's up to the developer to add more than 4 controllers. However you cannot utilize 4 Wii U tablets, which is why I suspect most games will use 6 players.

OmegaXXII

Yea but what about Smash though? I'm assuming you can use a combination of both no? Like Brawl does?? I don't know if Brawl does it for sure so forgive my ignorance.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yea but what about Smash though? I'm assuming you can use a combination of both no? Like Brawl does?? I don't know if Brawl does it for sure so forgive my ignorance.
Phantom Wings tried to create a 7-player Brawl code but the coding of Brawl would have to be rewritten globally (or have a bunch of other codes to enable other controllers and rewrite the CSS etc etc) to even establish such a feat. But it is possible.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yeah, there were instances where more than 4 players (albeit, they were CPUS) were active at once, so I would assume with some tinkering it's possible in Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HMMM. For those, like myself, who wish the story mode uses actual Nintendo worlds and enemies instead of Smash-only enemies, what Pokemon would work as enemies?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yeah, there were instances where more than 4 players (albeit, they were CPUS) were active at once, so I would assume with some tinkering it's possible in Brawl.
It was tried once (read my above post) but with the current knowledge of Brawl's files and everything else it can't be done, but it is possible.

he sounds like he's 21 or something along those lines
He's in college iirc.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd like to see Kyurem as a boss. It looks quite fierce, in general.
Kyurem would be cool as well, and is probably more likely to happen.

I just support Giratina as the Distortion World has so much potential to become a stage/level.

That and I haven't caught Kyurem in B/W yet so I don't know that much about what it could do outside of being a boss.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo and Suicune are the best legendary Pokémon ever, IMO.

And has it actually been confirmed that you can't use 4 Wii U tablets simultaneously, or is that just speculation?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Rayquaza is quite territorial, since in the Deoxys movie, it thought that Deoxys was a threat and tried to annihilate it.
Huh? Considering I stopped watching Pokémon movies at age 14 I was not aware of this.

Wow......I'm glad i won't be in my mid-20s playing a game made for teenagers :awesome:
At least those of us who will be in our mid-late twenties will be employed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kyurem would be cool as well, and is probably more likely to happen.

I just support Giratina as the Distortion World has so much potential to become a stage/level.

That and I haven't caught Kyurem in B/W yet so I don't know that much about what it could do outside of being a boss.
From what I know, Kyurem is a Dragon/Ice-type Pokemon, which has some sort of connection with Reshiram and Zekrom. It is also infamous for being quite hostile towards humans and other Pokemon, which may imply that it's very violent, and there's a theory that it's carnivorous.

Oddly, Kyurem's base stat total is 660, and it's somewhat inferior to Rayquaza, except for the slightly higher HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom