• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
...I wonder how Tingle got descendents. *shivers*
Well this proves it, he really is a fairy, and is therefore immortal. :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I promised everyone a stage concept tonight and so I shall keep my word. This is a stage archetype that many people seem to love and I'm going to give it a go on what I feel should be the stage to bring this type back.

Diamond City, the wack, zany city home to the not so world famous Wario Ware Inc. Company. This city is home to the citizens of the the Warioware universe.

This stage is similar to Saffron City and Fourside in that you fight on the rooftop of large buildings, in this case Warioware Inc. headquarters' and other random skyscrapers. The background will be filled with many locale's within Diamond City. Such as Mona Pizza.

Dr. Crygor's Lab

Diamond Academy

Club Sugar

As well as others. This stage has very little gimmicks too it compared to it's counterpart. Although all movement below is in the same skitzy manner as Wario's movement. Dribble and Spitz will be operating their taxi cab and picking up customers. Club Sugar you will watch kittens in line to get into the club with Jimmy T ushering. Ashley will be flying on her broomstick with Red in tail. 9-Volt rides his skateboard along the sidewalk and Mona can be seen making pizza deliveries.

The stage itself is simple, you have four buildings, the center being Warioware Inc. The building to the far right will slope much like Saffron city. Leading to a lone building on the right. Everything else is standard building rooftop fare.

Since everybody loves their city stages, this would be the best next choice.

Stage Example:
.............................--________
_____ .....................................\____......____
.........---______---

Stage Name: Diamond City
Stage Icon: Wario symbol

-Tracks-
Warioware Smooth Moves - Pyoro S
Warioware Smooth Moves - Yellow Murmur
Warioware Smooth Moves - Tomorrow Hill
WarioWare Touched! - The Screwy Invention
Warioware D.I.Y - Jimmy's Aerobics
Warioware D.I.Y - Music Graphic Editor
Wario Master of Disguise - Count Cannoli
Warioland: Shake It - Glittertown
Wario World - Clown Around
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack
Rhythym Heaven Wii - I Feel Fine!!!
Rhythym Heaven Wii - Staff Credits ~ Roll Call

I know I said I'd have a character idea in conjuction with this, just give me a little time to work on it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah the Wind Waker opening is long, but the music in it is friggen awesome.

One of the mods at IGN argues a singular timeline, and nobody can disprove his theory. He's a walking Zelda encyclopedia. >_>

But he assumes that all details in the games are to be taken as literally as possible. Therefore, a singular timeline actually has strong evidence supporting it, due to inconsistencies with the split timeline.

....I don't feel like getting into it.

Also, Tingle is probably one of the most important Zelda characters, as he's one of the few characters that actually transcends the series. He's in MM, tWW, TP (sort of), cameos in other games, and also has his own sub-franchise.
There's always going to be holes, because nobody knows the exact time between games, with maybe a few exceptions. Still, the singular timeline does have good points, but because the series isn't set in stone, nothing really is. Personally, I don't really care one way or another. Quite frankly, I just see it as the most logical given the illogical flow of the series, but I don't think the timeline really matters.

Still, aside from stealing from you and making and translating maps, what exactly has he done in the series? Majora created an evil mask to destroy the world. Skull Kid put on said mask, and nearly destroyed the world. The Four Giants stopped the world from destruction. Vatti tried to conquer Hyrule, and nearly succeeded 3 different times. Midna was the princess of the Twilight Realm, and helped saved the world. Tetra fought with Link to destroy Ganondorf once and for all. The King of Hyrule/Red Lions helped guide Link to the Master Sword, and to defeat Ganondorf. The Great Deku Tree gave Link a mission to save Hyrule. Navi bugged Link while he saved Hyrule! :laugh:

All of these characters had huge impacts on the series, far more than Tingle ever did.

And having spin-off copies of other games and having a few appearances does not make you eligible. If it did, Goombas, Koopas, and even Waluigi would be playable by now.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Without Tingle, Link wouldn't know where to go...... XP He makes maps and also deciphers them in tWW. He essentially allows Link to get the Triforce of Courage. More than Navi did. Navi woke him up and told him to watch out as swords were 2 inches from his face.

Also, Majora didn't create the mask... a tribe of sorcerers did. /nitpick

Not saying he has a good chance, but in terms of pure franchise importance (not necessarily plot importance), Tingle is very prominent.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
You see, when a Tingle is in love with another Tingle, they.... ya' know...! :laugh:

Otacon: Snake, Tingle's a he.
Snake: !!!!!!
Snake: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Starphoenix
That would make an awesome stage. I'd also love to see a stage from the Wario Land/World series.

And while Tingle does have a role in the series, he doesn't impact the series. His impact is nowhere near as big as Toon Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Ganondorf/Ganon, Link, Zelda, or Vatti's. Heck, it's not even as big as Midna's. (which by the way, Wolf Link would still be awesome!)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I promised everyone a stage concept tonight and so I shall keep my word. This is a stage archetype that many people seem to love and I'm going to give it a go on what I feel should be the stage to bring this type back.

Diamond City, the wack, zany city home to the not so world famous Wario Ware Inc. Company. This city is home to the citizens of the the Warioware universe.

This stage is similar to Saffron City and Fourside in that you fight on the rooftop of large buildings, in this case Warioware Inc. headquarters' and other random skyscrapers. The background will be filled with many locale's within Diamond City. Such as Mona Pizza.

Dr. Crygor's Lab

Diamond Academy

Club Sugar

As well as others. This stage has very little gimmicks too it compared to it's counterpart. Although all movement below is in the same skitzy manner as Wario's movement. Dribble and Spitz will be operating their taxi cab and picking up customers. Club Sugar you will watch kittens in line to get into the club with Jimmy T ushering. Ashley will be flying on her broomstick with Red in tail. 9-Volt rides his skateboard along the sidewalk and Mona can be seen making pizza deliveries.

The stage itself is simple, you have four buildings, the center being Warioware Inc. The building to the far right will slope much like Saffron city. Leading to a lone building on the right. Everything else is standard building rooftop fare.

Since everybody loves their city stages, this would be the best next choice.

Stage Example:
.............................--________
_____ .....................................\____......____
.........---______---

Stage Name: Diamond City
Stage Icon: Wario symbol

-Tracks-
Warioware Smooth Moves - Pyoro S
Warioware Smooth Moves - Yellow Murmur
Warioware Smooth Moves - Tomorrow Hill
WarioWare Touched! - The Screwy Invention
Warioware D.I.Y - Jimmy's Aerobics
Warioware D.I.Y - Music Graphic Editor
Wario Master of Disguise - Count Cannoli
Warioland: Shake It - Glittertown
Wario World - Clown Around
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack
Rhythym Heaven Wii - Remix 9
Rhythym Heaven Wii - Staff Credits ~ Roll Call

I know I said I'd have a character idea in conjuction with this, just give me a little time to work on it.
OMG!! a second Saffron City based stage, awesome, its better than that Layton stage that's for sure, not that it isn't good lol.. :laugh:

But what's with the Mario Kart Pic?

I love that Rhythm heaven Theme btw, sounds appealing. :rolleyes:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
OMG!! a second Saffron City based stage, awesome, its better than that Layton stage that's for sure, not that it isn't good lol.. :laugh:

But what's with the Mario Kart Pic?

I love that Rhythm heaven Theme btw, sounds appealing. :rolleyes:
That Mario Kart picture is actually a Diamond City racetrack.

I actually switched out one of the Rhythym Heaven tracks for another.

Rhythm Heaven - I Feel Fine!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That Mario Kart game is an arcade Mario Kart game from about 6 years back. I'm not sure if you noticed, but that's Pac-Man driving in the front. (hence where my Pac-Man speculation begins!)

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Yet again another great stage idea. I still think a Wario Land stage is more likely if we get Warioware as a past stage. But I would still be totally happy if this came to pass. Keep up the good work.

Dancing Kittens. WTF. :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oooh I would love Diamond City. But the WarioWare stage should come back. (Or pull a Pokemon Stadium 2)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Now for some things I wonder could be took from Stafy 2 for SSB4:

Characters: *spoilers ahead*

[collapse=characters]- Old Man Lobber became sucha BADASS MOFO at the final boss. Just when I confronted Ogura in his boss room, he was seemingly invicible and unbeatable.
Starfy of course losed at him, and Ogura just tried to finish him, but then Kyorosuke comes in to protect the little guy (after all the time I think he's little of a jerk at times on Starfy)

Then... Old Man Lobber. He had an awesome forcefield around him and he started to battle against Ogura. (Okay, more like bumping to him fiercely).

Really, it was awesome.

- I'd loved that Dragon helper. His music fitted with the sections where I used him. Him using Stafy as a shield was also quite cute.[/collapse]

Music:

Like I said before, I'd wish they included these two musics, remixed.

World 9: Resshi Lake/Loch Ness Lagoon

Make tempo much more faster and remix it to sound quite happy yet exciting for the chaotic mood of SSB4, but keep the playfulness intact.

World 10: Torrent's Waterfall Wall

Remix this at least in similar fashion as how Flower Fields was: turn it more playful and catchy! It's already quite catchy though, but if more catchier, the BETTER.

BTW Star, I'm quite content with that WarioWare-stage, it greatly contrasts with oh so gimmicky predessor. (-lvl-)b

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I didn't mean to imply it couldn't be that way. Though would it be strange for Wario to get two stages...? HE'S NO SAMUS.

Actually never mind. He's kind of a big deal.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
And while Tingle does have a role in the series, he doesn't impact the series. His impact is nowhere near as big as Toon Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Ganondorf/Ganon, Link, Zelda, or Vatti's. Heck, it's not even as big as Midna's. (which by the way, Wolf Link would still be awesome!)
See, that's what I don't get. Why say "Toon Zelda" and "Toon Link" apart from "Link" and "Zelda?" +_+

Every Link and Zelda made an impact, Why do the toon versions get extra spotlight? Because the art style is the same for several games?

So essentially... because the artists and directors were too lazy to come up with a new style, Toon Link is considered extra special, despite the fact that there are also several different Toon Links?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I didn't mean to imply it couldn't be that way. Though would it be strange for Wario to get two stages...? HE'S NO SAMUS.
WarioWare has had a title for every gaming console since the Gamboy Advance (three for the DS, technically). The 3DS and Wii U have been confirmed to receive installments in the future. That brings the game count too 6 as of now, and will be 8 in the future. Still think it is so unreasonable?

OmegaXXII

That Mario Kart picture is actually a Diamond City racetrack.

I actually switched out one of the Rhythym Heaven tracks for another.

Rhythm Heaven - I Feel Fine!!!
That track version is even better!!, THIS should be in SSB4

That Mario Kart game is an arcade Mario Kart game from about 6 years back. I'm not sure if you noticed, but that's Pac-Man driving in the front. (hence where my Pac-Man speculation begins!)
Yea, I noticed, I guess that one is the Arcade version of Mario Kart am I right?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't want to spoil Rhythm Heaven Wii-tracks, though.

Also,I'm so sure the that game's localised name will be:

Rhythm Heaven Party!

Also, a Rhythm Heaven-stage would be awesome in SSB4, we'd battle rhythmically to gain more power to damage or just rock it out!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WarioWare has had a title for every gaming console since the Gamboy Advance (three for the DS, technically). The 3DS and Wii U have been confirmed to receive installments in the future. That brings the game count too 6 as of now, and will be 8 in the future. Still think it is so unreasonable?
I ninja'd you. ;)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Want to know who my surprise character predictionis? The character I am basing my concept on?

OmegaXXII

I don't want to spoil Rhythm Heaven Wii-tracks, though.

Also,I'm so sure the that game's localised name will be:

Rhythm Heaven Party!

Also, a Rhythm Heaven-stage would be awesome in SSB4, we'd battle rhythmically to gain more power to damage or just rock it out!
Yup, something like that should happen, but how would it work with the rhythm?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, that's the hard part... or HEY, maybe the stage's gimmick or structure changes according to the rhythm! (Think like Beat Block Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2)

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

O.K. I'm interested, why do you think he is a sleeper newcomer? I don't hate the idea of having him (yet), but am curious to why you think he could be in.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star

O.K. I'm interested, why do you think he is a sleeper newcomer? I don't hate the idea of having him (yet), but am curious to why you think he could be in.
The reason I feel he is a "dark horse" candidate is because I feel not many people are expecting a second WarioWare character. As I pointed out, WarioWare has become a big series now. Having had an installment on every system as of the GBA. A WarioWare character would be a great surprise that could be justified.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
He would be a WTF character, am I right??
As much as I hate that categorization.... yes.

....so why would he be a good candidate? I mean.... "Wario Ware" might be a big franchise, but it's certainly not full of "All stars" that you would expect to be put in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

The reason I feel he is a "dark horse" candidate is because I feel not many people are expecting a second WarioWare character. As I pointed out, WarioWare has become a big series now. Having had an installment on every system as of the GBA. A WarioWare character would be a great surprise that could be justified.
Orbulon has best be a good WarioWare character. None of the potential candidates like Ashley or Mona interest me in the slightest and I'd like to know why Orbulon is any different.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hopw would his moveset work? any themes specific to him?
I'm working on that. That is also one of the reason's I believe he would be the one considered above them all. The only other possible contenders are Ashley, Jimmy T, and Mona.

Jimmy T's moveset would be silly. Every move would be a dance move. :D
Exactly.

Let me finish my moveset, maybe I can change your minds?

OmegaXXII

I'm working on that. That is also one of the reason's I believe he would be the one considered above them all. The only other possible contenders are Ashley, Jimmy T, and Mona.
Yea, I was kind of expecting ashley to be a second rep if WarioWare were to add another rep, I totally wasn't expecting this guy at all, i'm sure others would react the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom