• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What about Saki? Isnt he from an RPG game as well?

:phone:
His series doesn't fit into the genre of "Role Playing Game". If it falls under any category it would be a "Simulated Shooter" or something like that. "Adventure Shooter". I really don't know what the heck you'd call it apart from a shooter?

Nevermind. Rail Shooter is the term I was looking for.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: I have a question, why do you feel that Isaac's chances are overrated?
Because I don't think "Isaac" is going to be playable. I think it will be his son.

I've never bothered at playing the Sin & Punishment series, thanks for the confirmation.

Shulk Alliance!!! = ME!!!

Well if you remember I did jump into both games? ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You are just the worst at this, Omega.

Elza looks pretty cool, but Kanan has such a gorgeous outfit. >:
I'm just more fond of the ladies. But seriously, Kanan's outfit is pretty awesome. I love the look all The Last Stroy characters have. I still wanna get my hands on the game to feel her out. . . harhar.

D

Deleted member

Because I don't think "Isaac" is going to be playable. I think it will be his son.

Well if you remember I did jump into both games? ;)
If you ask me, I really can't see Matthew in the game. Pretty much the only thing he has over Isaac is more relevancy, which in this case, really isn't enough. He gets low demands from fans to be playable and while important, isn't as much as Isaac.

Isaac is still relevant, having appeared in every game in the Golden Sun series, is the most important character in the series, and is very highly requested. That is why I think Isaac will get in over Matthew.

I'm just more fond of the ladies. But seriously, Kanan's outfit is pretty awesome. I love the look all The Last Stroy characters have. I still wanna get my hands on the game to feel her out. . . harhar.
Should have said this earlier but I'd prefer Kanan more than Elza. Not only because she has an awesome outfit but because I just feel that she's more of a main character.

@SSBF: I wouldn't care if Matthew gets in the game over Isaac or if Isaac gets in the game over Matthew. Just give a Golden Sun rep then I'm happy

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm taking Matthew is less popular than Issac since Issac is obviously requested more, meh I don't know much about Golden Sun anyway.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
She looks like she would be cold to the touch. She also seems to have freakishly long legs. But if that's what it takes to rock that dress then whatever.

Star, how would you feel if Isa got in instead of Saki, and Isaac instead of Matthew. :p
Isn't it just UNCANNY how many parallels the two have? Blondies, fathers, Assist Trophies, could be passed up for their sons instead. I even made a list of characters by release dates, and despite being nearly a year apart, they're still right next to each other.

COINCIDENCE?!?! Total butt buddies.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you ask me, I really can't see Matthew in the game. Pretty much the only thing he has over Isaac is more relevancy, which in this case, really isn't enough. He gets low demands from fans to be playable and while important, isn't as much as Isaac.

Isaac is still relevant, having appeared in every game in the Golden Sun series, is the most important character in the series, and is very highly requested. That is why I think Isaac will get in over Matthew.
This may sound overly simplistic, but since they pretty much look the same I don't think it really matters... To me they pretty much are the same character, just not... My experience with the Golden Sun series is nil so expecting much more from me in regards to this series is too much. Which is why I'm not going to do a Golden Sun stage concept.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The more I look at Xenoblade the more I kind of want Shulk to have a chance, kind of reminds me when I was supporting Baiten Katos for Brawl.

This may sound overly simplistic, but since they pretty much look the same I don't think it really matters... To me they pretty much are the same character, just not... My experience with the Golden Sun series is nil so expecting much more from me in regards to this series is too much. Which is why I'm not going to do a Golden Sun stage concept. lol
Oh, that's the word I'm looking for. They're pretty much the same so I really don't care which of the two gets in.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Should have said this earlier but I'd prefer Kanan more than Elza. Not only because she has an awesome outfit but because I just feel that she's more of a main character.
I think it has to do with all the promotional art. I mean, she's all up in it. Oh, and look at thie beautiful dress/coat she wears in one of the peices of art. I mean, like 0.0

[COLLAPSE="TLS art."]

[/COLLAPSE]

She looks like she would be cold to the touch
I can dig it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
There was a series that some people made and never finished, and with topics about adventure mode I decided to share this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=HiW7MGf9EDY

If Brawl or Smash in general had an adventure mode that was somewhat like this series (y'know, using existing characters), how do you all think it would do? Watch some more episodes if you want. The 1st 3 are good for understanding things.

I think it has to do with all the promotional art. I mean, she's all up in it. Oh, and look at thie beautiful dress/coat she wears in one of the peices of art. I mean, like 0.0

[COLLAPSE="TLS art."]
[/COLLAPSE]
Heeey.... That reminds me of Terra (The most main character) in the FF VI title logo except it's Kanan to the Last Story.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If I had to wager which one of the "Rainfall Trifecta" has the best chances as far as receiving the most content I would pick Xenoblade. Even though The Last Story is beginning to outperform Xenoblade in sales. It seems to be the name that always comes out of people's mouths first.

I've jokingly referred to Xenoblade as "the new Earthbound".

Female representaion FTW.

But still Shulk looks interesting enough, and more popular for that matter, of course it all depending on Sakurai on which choice he would like to see.

Please tell me that is a joke...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This may sound overly simplistic, but since they pretty much look the same I don't think it really matters... To me they pretty much are the same character, just not... My experience with the Golden Sun series is nil so expecting much more from me in regards to this series is too much. Which is why I'm not going to do a Golden Sun stage concept.
Me too. I'd just perfer Issac due to more people knowing about him and being the main character of the series due to being in all 3 games.

I'd love to make a moveset for any character from the games or even a stage, but I have yet to finish the game. I'm starting this weekend, it's not as long as other RPG's if I remember so I should finish it later this week.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We'll be lucky if even one gets to the states anytime soon, hopefully before the Wii-U or e3 at the very least, Last Story seems to have an interesting plot though.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
I want Pokemon to be in SSB4.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Pichu
Raichu
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Victini
Zoroark
Snivy
Oshawott

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If I had to wager which one of the "Rainfall Trifecta" has the best chances as far as receiving the most content I would pick Xenoblade. Even though The Last Story is beginning to outperform Xenoblade in sales. It seems to be the name that always comes out of people's mouths first.
By the looks of the art, the last story looks a lot darker than Xenoblade, which is more my style. The way the characters are colored is something that draws me to them. The lack of really bright colors makes the game seem like its going to be a rainy day/serious/sad type of game. I could be 100% wrong, but the art is something I'm digging.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Pokemon is the one in particular I can see getting the unexpected rep. We can say that Genesect and Meloetta are impossible all day, but since the roster likely won't be finalized until late 2012, if either gets a movie, the chances of them becoming playable becomes that much higher. Since I think Meloetta is more likely to get a movie in 2012, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it take the spot that supposedly go to Zoroark/Victini. Sakurai also appears to love transformation characters too, so if he wants more transformations characters, Meloetta would be a good choice. It is for this reason why being open-minded is a good idea.

I doubt that Takamaru would be a surprise. I for one expect him.
I primarily say that the roster won't be finalized until late 2012 because Sakurai himself said that development for Smash 4 will start slow. He said the first part of development would just be getting the basic engine made up for the Wii U and the 3DS. I think for this reason we may not even get a trailer for E3 2012 (though I suspect we might get something akin to the Melee 2001 trailer/intro in which there is hardly any gameplay, but we see characters instead and the only screenshots we get are screengrabs from the cgi trailer). I assume we will at least get something about Smash 4 at E3 2012 because Iwata will want to build hype for the Wii U.

Takamaru is definitely the most likely of the Japan-only retros. I think in terms of chances, it goes like this:
Takamaru>Lip>Sukapon

I also think Isa and Matthew will probably get the playable spots for their series over their fathers simply due to Sakurai wanting to pad out the newcomer roster with characters that were created during the interim between Brawl and Smash 4.

As for a female newcomer, it will most likely be Medusa or Palutena (with Lip being a possible darkhorse if Intelligent Systems is interested in making a new Panel de Pon with her as the main protagonist). However, there is the possibility that Sakurai might want to include Magnus as the second Kid Icarus character due to a lack "new characters" which he has been complaining about even since Brawl. However, he could also do the option of making three playable Kid Icarus characters, however, that might anger a lot of Smash fans and further cement the opinion that Sakurai is biased toward his own creations.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
By the looks of the art, the last story looks a lot darker than Xenoblade, which is more my style. The way the characters are colored is something that draws me to them. The lack of really bright colors makes the game seem like its going to be a rainy day/serious/sad type of game. I could be 100% wrong, but the art is something I'm digging.
It pretty much is, for the most part.

Still, before I begin talking about any RPG character this needs to happen first.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Takamuru's game was, interesting

But Joy Mecha Fight was more colorful and exciting.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As for a female newcomer, it will most likely be Medusa or Palutena (with Lip being a possible darkhorse if Intelligent Systems is interested in making a new Panel de Pon with her as the main protagonist). However, there is the possibility that Sakurai might want to include Magnus as the second Kid Icarus character due to a lack "new characters" which he has been complaining about even since Brawl. However, he could also do the option of making three playable Kid Icarus characters, however, that might anger a lot of Smash fans and further cement the opinion that Sakurai is biased toward his own creations.
How much of that depends on the sales of Uprising, you think? If it's a hit, would people be upset with three characters? Maybe the polls are a bigger factor? Goodness I hope Magnus does not get a lot of votes.

Also that's too bad about Sukapon. >:I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom